Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 17th, 2012 (02:06 AM).
curiousnathan
do you see them too?

Nature: Mild
Between HGSS and DPPt what were your favourite tunes? Are you favourites of a particular route? A battle theme? Or perhaps a city, or overworld encounter? If you had to compare the two series, which would you choose based on the music and audio in general? Why?

I love bits a pieces of music from both series of games. I loved the Elite Four battle themes for both Johto and Sinnoh, but in the end I've found that HGSS have won be over based on the face that having the ability to go to Kanto, also gives us the chance to experience new battles with new and much more exciting themes; definitely refreshing.

Discuss!
Old October 17th, 2012 (02:23 AM). Edited October 20th, 2012 by 何贤豪.
何贤豪

Tunes...tunes...maybe the VS Champion Red (due to him being one in R/B/G/FR/LG)/Champion Lance theme of Johto. Maybe that's the only thing. Oh, and there's the VS Champion Cynthia theme.
Old October 17th, 2012 (06:49 AM).
Toshiro.
Community Supporter

Well, in DPPt I only really like Cynthia's battle theme.

In HGSS, I love a lot. I love Red's battle theme, Lance's battle theme, the gym leader themes, and basically everything with the GB Music Player!
Old October 17th, 2012 (09:31 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I liked all the battle themes of the Sinnoh and Johto games, especially Ho-Oh's battle theme in HG/SS.

Old October 17th, 2012 (12:25 PM).
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
The Spear Pillar theme was always a fun one to listen too. Oh and Sunyshore's theme. It was so uplifting and awesome, even at night!

In HGSS, the revamped themes were all pretty good, except for the championship battle. I absolutely hated it tbh.
Old October 17th, 2012 (03:17 PM).
Tman109ner

Platinum's Distortion World and HGSS's Champion Lance Theme are on top of my list.
Old October 17th, 2012 (04:46 PM).
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Red's theme, and the Looker overworld theme. AWESOME. Also, the Platinum Legendary Music, i.e. the Lake Faries. It was always awesomelicious when I'd hear that when running through tall grass, even though I never caught ANY ;p
The HGSS cave music was pretty too. Or was it Platinum's that was pretty? I think it was Platinum's. I don't really remember the music that well :P
Old October 17th, 2012 (04:52 PM).
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
the dailga/palkia theme, i love that song. unless you're talking about the anime remixes too then it would be route 201

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old October 19th, 2012 (09:01 AM).
oooDrakeooo
Golden Dragon

Nature: Timid
On HGSS, my favourite melodies are: Route 47 and Cianwood City. The first one is very beautiful, and in my opinion is the best one in the game. The second one is super relaxing. Once, I listened to it while taking a bath, it was great xDD Also, there's the Azalea Town song, I love this song very much, and I was glad when I heard this beautiful remake (and the one on FRLG!)

From DPPt, my favourite one is the song on Route 206. I don't really know why, I just loved it since the very first time I ever heard it! And also, there's the song on Mt. Coronet Peak. This one is... I don't know how to explain it (thanks, poor english knowledge D:!). The first time one hears it, is when you're going to the Spear Pillar to stop Cyrus and the rest of the Team Galactic. This song gives me chills because, combined with the solitude on top of that mountain, it makes me realize that I'm about to face a big moment in the game, probably the most important one.

I must also say, I love (from both series) the Vs. Frontier Brain theme. It's so energetic! If I had to chose one version, it would be the HGSS one.

Ok, that's it :D

Old October 19th, 2012 (01:51 PM).
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
My fave music in D/P/Pt would have to be Hearthome City (at night) and Twinleaf Town.

As for HG/SS, it would have to be the Japanese-like music of Ecruteak City.
Old October 19th, 2012 (11:10 PM).
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
D/P/Pt had some amazing tunes like Dialga/Palkia's theme.That was amazing,the instruments working in harmony and making a dark,quick-paced song that I found a pleasure to listen to :3.Cynthia's has always been one of my favourite's too,the piano theme before you battle her tough Pokemon was a beautiful sound.The battle theme I found cool and fast as well.

But even that doesn't compare to HG/SS's soundtracks.They consisted of relaxing,intense,beautiful and all sorts of tracks.Honestly there wasn't one track I found boring or irritating they were all amazing for me. My favourite if I had to snag one out,would probably be Lance and Red's theme. I don't know what about it I love but the dramatic music has always been my top favourite.
. :p
Old October 19th, 2012 (11:19 PM).
Boomburst
tumblr famous doesn't count
Community Supporter

I hate HG/SS soundtrack. It sounds very cheap, not to mention the actual composition of the tracks themselves being very irritating.

D/P/Pt have one of the more forgettable soundtracks, although highlights include the Creation Trio battle music, GL theme and Route 208. even though it rips off green day.)
#714 Noibat
Supporter Collab January 2015
TUMBLR.
REVIEW BLOG.

Old October 22nd, 2012 (01:04 AM).
Jacka
PokéFan

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Jacka
My Favourite Tune in HG was versing HO-OH for the first time at the top of the tower. The music suited the mood perfectly, in my opinion. (:
Old October 22nd, 2012 (02:54 AM).
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Hands down the Azelf/Uxie/Mespirit theme, its the only thing that I find myself humming from Gen 4.

Sponsored Links