The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Aside from Pokemon, there were several games that made up my childhood when I was still in the days of regularly playing PlayStation.

Honorable mentions in my case especially go to Crash Bandicoot, Tekken, Spyro, Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank. I couldn't get enough of the bright colorful characters and the storyline. I still play them when I can't access my computer.

That nostalgia still gets to me when I play.

Last edited by Hikamaru; November 10th, 2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old October 15th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
Caesar III , C&C Red Alert 1, and BLOOD ;(
I still remember those beautiful days...I was like 4 or 6 years old , playing those games while not knowing a thing....Awesome feeling!
Old October 15th, 2012, 09:52 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

The first pokemon game i got was emerald when i was 10 so pokemon games dont play such a big role in my childhood as the anime did.

Game:Donkey Kong Land 2
Castlevania
Tom and Jerry
Tetris
Kwirk
I would come home from school grab my GB and play till midnight.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Ihsman07

Haha. Oh god. I've played tons of games when i was kid. All the Mario and Zelda ones as well as Donkey Kong and Kirby, not to mention Pokemon of course. But I also played Tetris, The Banjo Kazooie series and some others I can't think of at the moment XD
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Nature: Brave
My first actual console was the original NES, you know...the one with the square controller? That. I grew up with that. Mainly I grew up with Mario games like Super Mario Bros, Mario Bros 2, 3 as well as Tetris, Excitebike and Duck Hunt. That was my 5-6 year old self right there.

Then I moved to Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. The game I grew up with the most is Super Mario World. And to this day I still love that game and I can beat it as many times as I want without getting tired of it.

Andrew - Hamlin - Anthony - Skipper - Sabrina - Starla
Old October 15th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Dual Hearts, Sims, Zoo Tycoon, Grand Theft Auto, Kingdom Hearts

To name a few

Old October 15th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
Aside from Pokemon then, the main ones that stick out to me were the first two Sonic games on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. I don't even want to begin counting how many hours I spent on them, so much in fact that I could probably beat both of them in my sleep (well, Sonic 2 at least). The majority of the other games that we had though were sports games, since the Sega, and later the PS1 were both my dad's. I eventually gravitated towards those games as well, with the NHL and Madden games becoming some of my favorites.

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:49 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
My first games were Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart. Then came SNES Aladdin and a couple others I wasn't as fond of.

I mostly grew up with my N64. I got it when I was like eight and played all kinds of things on it. Like Ocarina of Time, MarioKart, Pokemon Stadium, and all of that. I got a GBC just for Pokemon a few years later and that was awesome too.

I was mostly a Nintendo kid. Have branched out a bit since then, but my heart lies with the same series I've enjoyed my whole life. Those are all Nintendo series.
Old October 17th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Newton
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
I was not of a gamer as a kid. I mostly played pokemon and Spyro and FF9.

For me, I remember mostly watching my friend play video games. He had every new game, consoles, gadget when it came to games. He was so cool and going to his place was like entering wonderland. I sucked (and still do) at video games so I wasn't realy allowed to the games. So I just watched. To this day I still watch him play games, and yell at him to go left when he is going right to an dead end.

I also remember watching my family play Myst and getting nightmares of the guy in the blue book.
Old October 19th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Wobbachomp
Donator Tier 1

Nature: Adamant
Pokemon Crystal, Super Mario Sunshine & The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.
Old October 19th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

My childhood was pretty much Commander Keen and RollerCoaster Tycoon. I put so many hours into those games that I can't even begin to imagine. I didn't get any gaming systems until my GBC in 1999, so I was pretty much confined to PC games and going over to my friends' houses and playing.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of patchisou yutohru
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old October 19th, 2012, 05:52 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Probably the game that I have fondest memories of as a kid is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time; awesome beat 'em up side-scroller that I played countless times though I never manage to finish. Pokemon (obviously), Disney's Magical Quest, Yoshi's Island, and Sonic 2 are some other games with which I have great memories of during my childhood.
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:05 PM
RedJ
OR

Dragon Warrior Monsters. I got it along with a spare GBC charger and a Pikachu GBC carrying case thing. Many weekends were spent playing through that game...except the cartridge didn't save, so I would always lose my progress. I didn't care, though- the game was fun and was one I didn't mind restarting multiple times, even if I never got to the end. I've since found a working cartridge, but yeah.

Others include Super Mario World, LoZ: A Link to the Past, Mega Man Legends, Final Fantasy VII, and Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.

Trade Review Thread | Pokemon Spreadsheet
Friend Safari: Ice- Delibird/Bergmite/Dewgong
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:51 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Sims, like every single installment for the PC and gameboy advance. It's all relatively the same, but I spent so many hours on it. x) Besides that, Pokemon, and the occasional Diddy Kong Racing, I can't say I played many video games.
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
Pokemon as most of you would probably say.

Aside from Pokemon, I played games such as Spryo, which I loved the Year of The Dragon version, spent countless hours on it. The Bomberman Series, especially the Fantasy Race where you ride on Rhinos and Rabbits. PES 2, where I spent countless of hours playing Master League, where I created my all-star team. Sonic R, the songs in the soundtrack are brilliant. And Snakes on my mother's nokia phone.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:25 PM
FrankOcean
OFWGKTA ALL DAY

Nature: Naughty
The only game console I had as a kid was a Playstation, so I never had the chance of playign Smash Brothers or Pokemon Snap or Mario Kart. Pretty much any N64 game.
But the Playstation is still my favorite console just because it had two of the best video games I've ever played.

Spyro and Crash Bandicoot are what made me love it. They were the only games aside from the occasional GTA I'd ever play. Not even Pokemon felt as fun for me. But, omg, Crash and Spyro I miss them so much.
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

Animal Crossing, Banjo-Kazooie, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. basically.

Pair
AlexAhnon
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Well, Pokemon was definitely the most notable of the games I grew up with, since those games were pretty much the only games I played up untill I got my Gamecube. I had already been introduced to the Mario games beforehand, and I remember I had Super Mario Land for the Gameboy Color at the time, but I was horrible at platforming games at the time, so I never really felt like playing. Once I got my Gamecube though, it came with Mario Kart Double Dash and the Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, and for a long time I only ever played the Mario Kart, untill I finally decided to check out the LoZ game. At first I thought it was just full of demo's, and that I had to buy the games individually to actually play them, since that was the impression I got from the Wind Waker demo, which I was totally mad in love with, and with that I didn't even play the other games, since I thought the graphics were horrible in comparison to WW, and it wasn't till much later that I discovered they were actually full games, and they eventually came to be some of my favourites.

Later on I got the Wind Waker, which was pretty much all I wanted to have to do with the Zelda games at the time, since they were the kind of cartoony graphics that I loved at the time, and it went relatively well, up untill when it all became fetch quest, and I had no idea what I was supposed to do, so I let the game lie for a pretty long time. That was around the time when I discovered the other games were full games, and later on I got the Four Swords Adventures, which, compared to the other Zelda games, were relatively easy. And yeah, I pretty much stayed with the Zelda games for a pretty long time, being the only games I myself got apart from other Pokemon titles for my handheld systems, but looking at all my Gamecube games, they're all Zelda games apart from Double Dash, so it's easily my most prominent collection of games of any series.

But yeah, I've obviously played lots of other games, but none has influenced my childhood as much as the Zelda games, and they all stay very close, despite losing a few of them along the way in my carelessness lol.
Old November 5th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold
Grew up with Pokemon Silver, Kingdom Hearts, Grand Theft Auto 3, Pokemon Ruby, and Metroid Prime in my youth.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old November 6th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Blaze42
The Spirit of Chaos

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Sonic Heroes, Zoo Tycoon, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Kingdom Hearts were essentialy my childhood. (Minus Pokémon, of course)
Old November 6th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Barney.

My childhood was built on N64, Gamecube and GBA, with the latter two being the most prominent.

Smash Bros. Melee , Wind Waker, MK: Double Dash are the obvious choices from the Gamecube, but in terms of the maybe lesser played games, Timesplitters 2 was a massive part of my childhood.
GBA also had some classics, Fire Emblem (both 7 and 8), Advance Wars (both 1 and 2) and Harvest Moon being the main ones that sculpted my childhood.
Old November 6th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Playful_Weasel
can I have a Pokepuff?
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I grew up with the SNES, my grandma and I would play "Bubsy: In Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind", "Donkey Kong Country" "Super Mario World" "Super Mario All Starts" every single day (around 1994). I also liked playing alone "Sim City". I miss the old days, playing it on an Emulator is fun, but its not the same.

When I first played N64 I got hooked on "Conker's Bad Fur Day" "Vigilante 8" and "Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense", after school, I played them for hours

That was until the PS2 came out and I first played "Grand Theft Auto 3", I was hooked on GTA games.

Now, I'm into playing Pokemon and "Sim City 4"/"The Sims" more than any other types of games. I still play some SNES games on Emulator with my grandma.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - back to challenges
Random Challenge - Badges: 7/8 - game: X - Location: Couriway Town
Random Challenge - Badges: 4/8 - game: Y - Location: Kalos Power Plant
50/50 Challenge - Badges 6/8 - Game Y - Location: Dendemille Town/Frost Cavern
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Valvatorez
Prinny Instructor

Nature: Calm
I grew up with a Megadrive, so my early childhood consisted mostly of Sonic the Hedgehog games, as well as Columns (I had a Gameboy, but I never got a copy of Tetris, oddly...) and The Revenge of Shinobi. Prior to Pokemon, I didn't have that many games on my Gameboy: Super Mario Land, Zelda: Link's Awakening, and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game were the extent of my arsenal.

My next-door neighbour had an N64 and a PS1, so I also had some exposure to Rayman, Banjo Kazooie and the original Oddworld, as well...although not as much as I would have liked at the time.
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Sakura Rain
→Let's laugh at everything!

Nature: Quirky
I grew up on the N64/PSone but mainly N64. My absolute favorite game from childhood would have to be Donkey Kong 64, closely followed by Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie and the original Super Smash Bros. Also enjoyed the Spyro series quite a bit, Spyro the Dragon was actually the first game I ever owned, alongside DK64. brb drowning in nostalgia D;

♫A message I've thought much too much about,
Maybe it'll reach somebody, who can say?
Certainly, I've always been this way,
A patched up, crazy matryoshka♫

"Matryoshka" - hachi/Hatsune Miku & Megpoid Gumi

Old November 8th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersianTrainer View Post
I grew up with the SNES, my grandma and I would play "Bubsy: In Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind", "Donkey Kong Country" "Super Mario World" "Super Mario All Starts" every single day (around 1994). I also liked playing alone "Sim City". I miss the old days, playing it on an Emulator is fun, but its not the same.

When I first played N64 I got hooked on "Conker's Bad Fur Day" "Vigilante 8" and "Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense", after school, I played them for hours

That was until the PS2 came out and I first played "Grand Theft Auto 3", I was hooked on GTA games.

Now, I'm into playing Pokemon and "Sim City 4"/"The Sims" more than any other types of games. I still play some SNES games on Emulator with my grandma.
Did you just say Bubsy?

Uh, wow. I only heard horrible things about that game.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links