The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
phoenixwright47
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
I've been wondering about a good team that's balanced with dark ghost and psychic. I'm thinking of trading my misdreavus from my pokemon Pearl to my pokemon white to evolve it to mismagius. But for others, i really don't know. my starter is Oshawott. Any Help?
Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:41 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
If you're looking for dark/psychic/ghost pokemon (regardless of generation) these are some to consider.

Sableye - No weaknesses

Spiritomb - Sableye but better

Gallade - Negates weakness to dark types. Good move pool.

Scrafty - Immune to Psychic moves which is helpful for a fighting type.

Gengar - They're fast and have levitate to negate their ground-type weakness. But are weak to both psychic and dark.

Sigilyph - Good special attack and reasonable speed. Good move pool.

Tyranitar - It's got awesome stats. Enough said. Good against electric types (since you started with Oshawott)

Krookodile - Kind of like a mini-tyranitar. Easier to obtain. Can have moxie which is a great ability.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:30 PM
phoenixwright47
Unhatched Egg

thanks man. I can easily get spirittomb in pearl and platinum. Sableeye I really don't know, but i always enjoyed the pyschic family of gardevoir, But I never tried Gallade,
I know where to get scrafty, i'm way far ahead for getting it in white.(As in I already beat Clay.):D But the rest should not be too difficult. Thanks again
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'd recommend Chandelure for a good Ghost-type. It's part Fire, has good abilities and its base Special Attack of 145 hits extremely hard. It also learns lots of good Ghost and Fire attacks to take advantage of it. It can also learn Energy Ball (a Grass-type attack) to counter most of its weaknesses.

As Gimmiepie said, Krookodile makes a good choice for a Dark-type cos it has good stats, is obtained fairly early in the game, and has a good physical movepool to take advantage of its high Attack stat.

Sigilyph makes a good choice for a Psychic, due to good stats (especially Speed and Special Attack, with some not-too-shabby defensive stats backing it up). It also has a good ability in Magic Guard, which protects it from indirect damage. On top of that, it has a good special-based movepool.

Scrafty is another Dark to consider due to being part Fighting and it learns good physical attacks that abuse its good Attack stats. It even has good abilities too, I'd recommend getting one with Moxie since it boosts the Attack stat with each KO it does on the opponent.

Golurk is also nice if you want a physical Ghost, due to a good movepool including Shadow Punch, Earthquake and Hammer Arm. Shadow Punch and Hammer Arm hit pretty hard if you get the ones with the Iron Fist ability. Never get ones with Klutz though, they stink.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Last edited by Hikamaru; October 2nd, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:48 AM
wolf
on reduced activity

Your previous thread was merged with the In-Game Team Questions thread for not having a mostly complete team. Please use that for questions on team help. You may create an individual thread once you have a team. Read this forum's guidelines for more details.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here