The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance

Official PokéCommunity Adoption Center
Please contact Cirno if you need help or have questions about the Adoption Center!

What Is The Adoption Center?

The Center is a unique program here on PC that, to sum up, allows new members to apply for a mentor to tour them around certain parts of the forum. Basically, these mentors all have experience in their listed sections and will gladly tell you if a thread you plan to make is within the rules, help you figure out which part of a section your thread would belong in, and in general familiarize yourself with the section!

Not only will you have an easier time getting around the forum with a mentor, but you'll also make a very special friend! So what are you waiting for?

How This Works

Firstly, if you haven't made your introduction post yet, I encourage you to! Just make sure you read through the New Users / Welcome rules before doing so. An intro is not mandatory, however; it's only encouraged. So if you would prefer not to create an intro thread, that's all right as well! :D

You can begin your mentee process by filling out the form below. If you would prefer not to fill this out, I would at least like you to tell me what section/board of the forum you are most interested in.

But before you do anything, take note of the following requirements to apply for a mentor:

To be eligible for a mentor, you must have been active for less than two (2) months, OR have less than 100 posts. Returning members who have less than 100 posts also qualify.

As of August 28th, the form has gotten a bit of an update. I'm still testing this out, so if this form proves to be easier to understand, it'll be the new form from then on!

However, for ROM hacking/Emulation or Game Development mentees, there is a catch! Please do not apply for a mentor if you're only looking for someone to help you make your ROM hack or game (whether it be wanting someone to join your hacking team, scripting assistance, and anything that's more or less not forum-related), because you'll be unfortunately out of luck. ): The purpose of this program is to help new members get more acquainted with their favorite sections and move on to being experienced members once they've "graduated" and feel they no longer need a mentor. Requesting a mentor solely for help with making a hack/game will only make you take up a mentee slot in that mentor's roster for longer than is necessary.

This honestly goes for each section. However, as the Adoption Center gets a high volume of people requesting ROM hacking mentors and a large portion of those mentees seem to really only want help with creating their projects, this had to be included. Please only request a mentor if you want help with a particular section on PC, not assistance with your own work.

Finally, onto the form:

HTML Code:
[B]1. What section/board are you most interested in?[/B]
[B]2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?[/B]
[B]3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?[/B]
YOU MUST USE THIS FORM, NOT THE PREVIOUS FOUR-QUESTION LONG FORM.

September 20th, 2012 Update: Okay, I noticed some people have been using the old form even a month after it was updated. I've been letting this go for a while, but I'd really appreciate it if you guys could use the new form since it's easier for me to find proper mentors for you that way. The new form has only three questions, not four; please refer to the first post for the proper form. Do NOT copy and paste forms made by other members and use that as the for base, please. This is to ensure you don't end up filling out the old form that should no longer be in use.

If you're confused, you can check the following breakdown chart of each question:

Spoiler:
1. What section/board are you most interested in? Tell us what you're most interested in doing here on PC! Something like, "I am a competitive battler and want to learn more about the Competitive Battling Center section" or "I like to trade, so I'd like to explore the Trade Corner part of the forum" would be ideal!

2. What other section/board do you want to learn more about? The difference between this question and the first is that while the first question would list your primary mentor choice, this question would be your secondary. So if you like to trade a lot and want a Trade Corner mentor but also would be interested in learning more about roleplaying and the Roleplay Corner section, say that here! It's basically there incase the mentor you requested in question #1 isn't available, or if we have a mentor on board who specializes in both (or more than two if you listed more) of the sections you're interested in.

3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? This is just a general question about whatever else you plan on doing here on PC. If you're planning on getting involved in some debates over at Other Chat & Discussions or digging around the Black 2 and White 2 forum, say so! It's not required to answer this, so if you do not want to fill it out, that's totally fine. n_n

Once you properly fill out the form, you will get a reply from either me (Cirno, the moderator of New Users / Welcome and the one currently in charge of managing the Adoption Center) or the mentor that's interested in adopting you as soon as possible. I'll try and pinpoint which mentor would be best for you going by your interests. Sometimes there will be several mentors who are compatible with you, so you can take your pick on which one you would prefer.

So yeah, make sure to check back in this thread once you've made your reply!

Thread Information

Please only post here if you're applying for a mentor or are suggesting yourself, as a mentor, to a mentee. Introductions do not belong here; they belong in their own thread!

Some Things To Take Note Of

Please stay active!
If you have been paired with a mentor, you are expected to stay relatively active. Disappearing off the face of the earth will only make your mentor think that you lost interest, so they'll likely drop you off of their list and move onto the next person.

Respect your mentor
Be nice to your mentor and do not disrespect them. This is a given!

Don't take advantage
The job of a mentor is to show you around the boards you are interested in as well as giving you a brief look at how PC works. Please do not request a mentor just because you have a simple question about something or want assistance with your work. That means no requesting a mentor to tell you which anime episodes you should see, to help you rate your competitive battling team, or to ask for help in making your ROM hack.

Let your mentor know if you no longer need help!
If you feel that you learned enough about the section you applied for and no longer need help, be sure to thank your mentor for his/her hard work and contact me, Cirno, confirming this so I can take you off of their list. You should make sure to notify your mentor of this as well, since otherwise they will assume you merely lost interest in the mentorship.

One mentor per mentee
You are to get together with one mentor and one mentor only due to the high volume of requests. Please do not request more than one mentor.

ROM Hacking Information

As stated above, please do not request a mentor if you just need help with making your ROM hack or are recruiting team members. A ROM Hacking mentor is mainly there to guide you through the Emulation section, perhaps suggest some nice hacks to you, show you some useful resources, and so on. Below are to sticky threads from the Emulation section which might prove to be helpful.

Frequently Asked Questions
ROM Hacking Simple Questions Thread
Script Help Thread
ROM Hacking Resources
Tutorials
Toolbox
Help Recruitment Thread

In Conclusion...

We hope you have an enjoyable experience here at the Adoption Center as well as PokeCommunity! If you have any questions regarding the program, which includes requesting a mentor, the process, or any problems you may have encountered, you are more than happy to ask Cirno!

Credit for this guide goes to previous NU/W moderator, Meganium90, as well as Cirno.

Last edited by Sheep; September 30th, 2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: UPDATING THIS
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Mentor List
Updated August 28, 2012 | As of the 28th, the mentee lists have been reset!

Mentor List

Spoiler:
Cirno - Global [Available]
Adopted: Sir Red
Spoiler:
Hi there, I'm Cirno, a 21 year old artist! I'm currently majoring in digital art. I really like to draw - it's one of my favorite things to do! I started computer art around 2004 or 2005 with MS Paint before moving onto oekakis and then, finally, programs like Open Canvas before settling into SAI. I also have experience in pixel art, graphics, and writing.

Art aside, I like to watch anime and obsessively lurk PC in my spare time. I'm not much of a console gamer (go MMOs/computer games!), but my all-time favorites are Pokemon (of course!) and Okami (as well as Okamiden). The internet eats up most if not all of my spare time, though... it's just so addicting. >: I'm also pretty open-minded so I can easily accept differences.

I was modded to New Users / Welcome on August 25th, 2012, so my mentor section went from Art Gallery to global (meaning I can tour you around the whole place), though I still specialize in the Art & Design. That's pretty much all about me; I look forward to meeting you guys!

Kura - Global [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Heya! I'm Kura; and I've been at PC for almost 9 years! I wanted to be a mentor because I love this place, and I have met such amazing people her and I've had great experiences on this forum- I would love for new members to take as much from this place as I do.

I'm a 22 year old originally from Toronto, Canada who now resides in the UK. I am a 3D Animator at SEGA (working now on the Total War series) and I absolutely love all things art. Other than that, I am a big fan of videogames, Japanese/ nerdy things, cosplay, writing, and I am generally happy to converse about pretty much any topic.

I'm here as a "Global" mentor because I tend to post just about everywhere on PC besides some of the more tech savvy places. So if you are looking for someone who knows a ton about ROMs or how to fix some Webcode.. I generally wouldn't be your go-to person (sorry!) But for anyone who wants a bit of the whole Pokecommunity experience, and who doesn't just want to stick to one forum, I'm your girl!

If you are wanting to chat, but don't specifically want me as your mentor, you can usually find me around the Other Voting Polls section, or in the Daily Chit Chat (DCC) in the Other Chat section! Otherwise leave me a VM! I wont bite and I love meeting new people!

Leaf Storm (Previously Meganium90) - Global [Unavailable]
Adopted: 44Ash, rpryor03
Spoiler:
Heya new members! I’d like to extend a warm welcome from myself to you to the PokeCommunity. :D My name is Meganium, but feel free to call me Megan for short! I’m 21 years old, and I reside in California (despite my location lmao). I’ve been a member of this lovely community for 2 years. I used to mod NU/W, so deep down I still adore the new members like you. The PokeCommunity, in my perspective, is a wonderful community, and the people here are oh-so amazing. I like Technology, Angry Birds, music, food, and animals. I am also a gamer too! I'm a huge fan of shooter games, and Super Mario. :3

I’m mostly a lurker in all areas of the community, but I do know my way around in all sections. You are more likely to see me actively posting in the Roleplay Corner, Computers & Technology, Pokemon Clubs, and Pokemon Gaming Central. My first area of exploring when I joined PC was ROM Hacking, and to this day I am still that one lurker. I know my way around every section, so if you have a question about a certain section or anything about the forums, you are more than welcome to ask me!

Jellicent♀ - Black 2 & White 2 [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Hola, I'm Jellicent♀! You can call me whatever you want, however. I've been here at Pokecommunity for just a short time myself, and I remember how easy it was to get lost in a section of the forum. I hated getting lost, and when I had a question, a moderator or administrator was right there to help. This made me feel good, and I wanted to, ever since, make other people feel just as good when they enter a section.

Though my knowledge pretty much only covers Black 2 and White 2, my knowledge on the section/game(s) is very extensive. These have to be my favorite games to date. I am constantly researching already known facts about the games, as well as rumors, and participating in topics and discussions about the games, to further my knowledge on the games. With the interactions I have had with other users and fans, I am confident I am able to answer most of the questions one may have of this particular section.

Forever - Black & White, Battle Center [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Hiii! I'm Forever, or you can call me Nica if you want, since that's my nickname and generally what people call me. :3 I'm 20, I live with my grandparents, over here in Australia! My favourite show is Glee, with my favourite character being Rachel (...x Finn). I currently have a dog and birds and some fish, and I used to own a whole lot of other animals in the past but they've unfortunately passed away!

I'm crazy. I love Herdier. And thus, I love Black and White. Yes, what I just said is quite logical. I cover Black and White and Battle Center in this Adoption Center! A few little things though, if I'm mentoring you for battling, then you'll probably end up using a battling simulator (ya, fun stuff!) aaand if I'm mentoring you for Black and White, then we shall talk in general. n__n Also feel free to yell at me if I suck with PMs sometimes. XD;

Now onto why I mentor those sections!

For Black and White, I've been moderating it since August 2010. I love both games more than anything else I've ever played and I'm probably the most pro-Black and White person you'll ever meet. Ever. I've restarted Black many times, and I've had three playthroughs, two on Black, and one on White. I know pretty much everything about the games (or so I'd like to think - but anything except for wifi not working and so on, I totally know all about it!) White is my primary game, and I've completed the Unova Dex, and I've got around six level 100 Pokemon in Black (all Unova-native). I'm sure after reading this biography you want to post in Black and White, it's okay, you can attend to your urge now.

As for the battling side of things, I've been a regular in Battle Center since around August 2011. That's pretty much when I started battling! I can teach you the basics and all that and I generally know the most annoying things in OU, as well as a bit of NU, too. I haven't really gotten into the other tiers but I intend to at some point! Also I'll be encouraging you to post in CBC, so be prepared for that! :3

In conclusion both sections are amazing and I love them both.

Also, a final bit about me, I've also been here since 2005 (pretty much non-stop, scarily!) and other than those sections I can also help you out with pretty much any other questions about PC's history or whatever, too, because I know a lot of that. :)

PICK MEEEE. /speech end

bobandbill - 4th Generation Gaming, General Pokemon Gaming, Fanfiction & Writing [Available]
Adopted: Ravenclaw
Spoiler:
I've joined PC for fanfics originally back in 2008 and have written, read, beta-read and reviewed fics since 2007 in my spare time as well as help judge a number of PC writing competitions, so I feel I have a fair bit of experience now. I'm also one of the current two mods of the Fan Fiction and Writing sections and subsections, and run the Beta Place system. I like to help out and give advice to new writers on their work; often reviews I make touch on stuff I thought was good and what I felt could be improved and how so.

I used to be a moderator of the 4th Generation Games section after modding the former HGSS section since prior to their Japanese releases, and have played both HGSS and DPPt extensively. I know more than I should about the Pokemon games in general as well and so am often reading and commenting on threads in the gaming discussion sections.

As for myself, I'm a twenty year old Aussie who mods multiple Pokemon forums while teaching karate and studying science at uni and a strong love for pastries, whose first experience with Pokemon was a modest amount of trading cards and Silver. I have been trapped ever since! Fairly easy going I suppose as long as you're reasonable too, and happy to help others with questions and requests I'm able to help with.

Sydian - General Pokemon Gaming, Challenges, Trade Corner [Unvailable]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Hi, name's Sydian, but most people just call me Syd or Syddy. I've been at PC for 4 years and a moderator for almost 3 years, so I think I've got the ropes of this place by now. I'm passionate about Pokemon gaming in all generations and in various spin off games. Challenges are where my main focus usually goes when it comes to Pokemon though. I also love to trade and RNG Pokemon. So if any of that interests you, I guess I'm your kinda person. I'm pretty easy going and I love helping people out, especially those that are eager and willing to learn. So yeah!

PlatinumDude - Battle Center [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Hey, guys; this is PlatinumDude. I'm 18 and currently a senior in high school.

I don't remember exactly when I got into Pokemon, but I do remember getting into it by watching the show and collecting the cards. I didn't play the video games until I was in 4th grade. Right now, the video games are my way of enjoying the franchise, but I still catch up to the show every now and then.

Outside of Pokemon, I watch several other anime shows, including Naruto, Bleach and Yu-Gi-Oh. Speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh, I still collect the cards, even though I don't play the game itself as much outside of the video games (yes, there are Yu-Gi-Oh video games out there) because I can't find anyone to play the game with. D:

As the tutor of the Battle Center, I'll try my best to teach you the basics of competitive battling, like EVs, movesets and building teams. Some of the concepts may be hard at first, but you'll eventually get used to it.

Well then, that's it for me. If you have some questions, feel free to VM me!

Livewire - Trade Corner, Off-Topic [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Hiya! I'm Livewire, aka Nick, aka Live, etc. I'm one of the Other Chat & Discussions Moderators with my bro Razor Leaf. I've been on PC since July of 2009, and I've been Staff since December 2010. In addition to the Off-Topic Sections, I've been running one of the Forums' oldest Trade threads for some time now, if you ever need anything Pokemon, be sure to stop by. Music wise, I love Rock music and everything Batman. I could blab here forever, so just get to know me for the rest!

TwilightBlade - Trade Corner [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Heya, I'm TwilightBlade! Most call me Blade. Nope, I am not scary at all. I'm very sweet. I'm also an animal lover, graphics maker, girl gamer, and university student. I'm a huge Sonic the Hedgehog fan. As for anime, I love Code Geass, Guilty Crown, and Pandora Hearts. I'm not big on manga or fanfics in general. You can read a lot about my personality in my About Me section. I'm a little random, haha!

I currently moderate Trade Corner. I've been involved in the trading community since May 2007. I've done over 7000 Wi-Fi trades. I own just about all the main Pokemon games. I have extensive knowledge of EV training, IV breeding, Hack Checking, RNG abusing, CSS coding, etc. Not sure what some of those aspects means? I will gladly teach you some important attributes of Pokemon trading. I can help you make awesome trade shops and help you get valuable Pokemon. I'm also available in the #tradecorner IRC channel for live assistance.

Toujours - Pokemon General [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Hi there I'm Toujours! I'm on PC pretty much every day, and try to spread myself around the forum a bunch. I'm the moderator of Pokemon General so I know that section really well of course, but I'm also a HUGE fan of Black and White so that section is near and dear to my heart. Outside of those two I also spend quite a bit of time in the serious debates in the Other Chat section, that can to anything from internet censorship, to new laws that affect our world today, to the banning of alcohol and welfare. I'm also very big on the irc (chat channel) on PC, so if you're interested in chatting I'll be there whenever I'm at my computer.

Outside of PC, I enjoy programming and writing poetry mostly. I live in Midwestern US where I go to college, but my permanent home is on the East Coast. I love MMORPGs to death and more than anything online just enjoy talking to people. My general interests include bacon, the smell of gasoline, and being completely inappropriate most of the time.

If you feel like that sounds like a good fit for you, great! If not, feel free to drop me a VM anytime, we can still be friends :3

BinaryPeaches - Pokemon Trivia, Other Trivia [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Hello! My name is BinaryPeaches, but you may call me Tara. I've been a member of PokeCommunity since July of 2008, but it wasn't until May-June of 2009 when I really became active, and wounded up in one of the two sections I mod: Other Trivia. Since then, I've also found myself wound up in the other place I moderate: Pokemon Trivia. Since September of 2010, I've been Moderator of Pokemon Trivia, and since October of 2010 I've been Moderator of Other Trivia! That said, feel free to come ask me any questions that you have about the trivia sections, PokeCommunity in general, or even hit me up with a casual conversation! I'm a fan of many things, including Naruto, Detective Conan, Ace Attorney, and my all time favorite series (also known as 'My Bible) Tales of Symphonia! I don't bite, promise!

AlexOzzyCake - Pokemon Clubs [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Hi, I'm AlexOzzyCake but feel free call me Ozzy. I first joined the community whilst searching for some new friends that shared my interests, but it ended up becoming so much more than that! I mainly post in the Pokemon based sections since I'm a true Pokefan at heart, but the other sections can be very interesting to read through too. The main section I post in is Pokemon Clubs - an area full of friendly and welcoming Pokemon based fan clubs for everyone to join and make friends in. I also hang out a lot in the Pokemon Trivia section which is great for relaxing, and occasionally the battle and trade sections too for a bit of competitive fun. Other than Pokemon, I also love guitar, cooking and squirrels, as well as helping people as much as possible. So that's me in a nutshell, bye!

donavannj - Pokemon Trading Card Game [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
I am a 21 year old college graduate who spends his free time reading, playing video games, browsing the internet, or going to nerdy shops to buy nerdy things.

I have been a regular at the TCG section of PC for the past 3 years, seeing it go through its ups and downs before becoming moderator there this past August. I am a collector of the cards and do like to play as well. Though the TCG isn't my only hobby!

Abnegation - Creative Discussions (Art & Design, Fan Fiction and Writing, Roleplay Corner, Emulation, Game Development) [Unavailable]
Adopted: Thunder_Chad
Spoiler:
Hi there, my name is Gavin. I've been a member of this community for a few years now, and have been on the staff on two occasions for most of my active time also! If you are interested in knowing the sections I look after they are; Graphics & Photography, Competitions and Game Development. I am pretty out-going, insightful when I want to be, and I'm always really eager to help.

I am an artist of sorts, I say this because I follow many mediums such as graphic art, photography, drawing, pixel art, digital illustration and more, as well as being a game developer. I guess you could say I have a lot of interests! As your mentor, I will be helping you find your way around PC a lot more easily, and helping you start up some galleries and any other relevant threads you need help with.

No matter what it is, no matter what you want to experience on PC, you can let me know and I can help to put you on the right path to achieving the most out of your time here!

PkMnTrainer Yellow - Roleplay Corner [Available]
Adopted: mrsnuggles
Spoiler:
Greetings! To start with you may call me Marin, or Yellow, if you wish. If there's any section of PokeCommunity I'm passionate about it's the Roleplay Corner. You can tell because it's the only place I'm reaaally active anymore. While I've posted in a fair selection of boards on PC, mostly Other Chat and New Users / Welcome, the Roleplay Corner is my only 'permanent' residence. Whether you're new to PC or just haven't been posting yet it would be my pleasure to adopt you. If you need help learning the ins and out of the board, or just want a friend, I'm yours. I've written multiple guides for the RPC, and helping others (and GMing) seems to be considered one of my strongpoints as an RPer. I GM what is quite arguably the most successful RP to date and while lots of work has been put into it I've heard others refer to it as being very friendly to newcomers.

To tell you a bit about myself; I've got no real offline social life. I like to game and often play PC games, though I'm also a Wii gamer with Brawl. I also enjoy arranging video game music in various styles, mostly 8 and 16 bit. Most of my time however is spent roleplaying and/or socializing. My favorite types of games tend to be shooter / action types, and my favorite types of music tend to be anything that gets my adrenaline pumping, though I'm also quite partial to instrumentals. I have my own personal little website detailing the profiles of most of my characters in-depth, and have an extremely nerdy level of knowledge in Pokemon lore. I would also say that I'm a very nice, caring person. I've also been told that I can be very tolerant and forgiving, so you shouldn't be afraid to trust me~

Lastly, I'm available via MSN/WLM or just forum PMs / VMs. It's all up to you~

Miss Doronjo - Roleplay Corner [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Hello, my name is Miss Doronjo! Actually it Shawn, but most people call me Doronjo anyhow. In any case my young friends, I am an ecstatic, eccentric, and joyous individual who would love to tell and show you all about the Roleplay Corner. First, I should tell you why I love the Roleplay Corner; roleplaying is amazing. It allows you to express yourself, showing off your overall creativity by acting as an ideal character, in your own little tale. I myself, go for the more comical aspects and try to make my roleplay stories funny for all to enjoy. <3

As for other interests, I really love Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney. Its a really fun game; if you haven't heard of it, I recommend you try it out sometime! I'm also an anime fan; my favourite animes are Soul Eater, The Slayers, ToA, ToS, and Fairy Tail. So, you know, if you want to talk about anime, or your favourite video games as well, I'm your guy. <3

I've been in PC for about 1 1/2 years, though I did make some accomplishments here. For one thing, I was a moderator for quite sometime, until I decided to quit for work and school related reasons. So, you know, if you have a question about the rules as well, you can ask me, and I'll try to answer with the best of my ability. But yeah, other than that, I'm just a average user who would like to have a fun time!

Astinus - Fanfiction & Writing [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
I'm Astinus, though I do go by "Hunter" if my username is too difficult to spell. I've been a writer for as long as I can remember and an active member of the fanfiction community since 2003, starting on other sites to see how the fandom is. When I joined PC in 2006, Fanfiction and Writing became my home section. I've been the moderator of that section since 2007, taking a lead in changing that forum to how it is today. Although, I should note that I've currently been focusing more on my own writing than reviewing, but I'm willing to talk fics at any time!

DrFuji - Emulation [Unavailable]
Adopted: Rogue42, AyonZ, Stodd
Spoiler:
Coming soon!

SwiftSign - Emulation [Unavailable]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Hi there! I'm SwiftSign, or Swift, or whatever you'd like to call me really. I've been roaming around PC's ROM Hacking and Emulation forums for years now and have gotten to know my way around the place pretty well. If you're looking into being a ROM Hacker then I may be your perfect match; I have experience in Mapping, Tile Insertion, Scripting, Hex-Editing and many other skills necessary. You may see me answering questions around the scripting help thread, I'm always willing to help someone out if they ask nicely.

Hybrid Trainer - Technology & Media [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Hey guys I’m Hybrid Trainer, but you can call me David. I’m 18 and I’m currently studying graphic and product design as well as ICT at A level. I’ve been here on PokéCommunity for about three years on and off. I first joined here for all the tutorials that are floating about the place but I stayed for the community. I’ve settled in nicely in the Computer and Technology section thanks to my general geekiness and interest in the subject, chances are if I don’t know about it then I’m more than willing to learn it. I also like to check out the Off-Topic section quite a lot as well so I can try to get to know the rest of the community better. That’s all you need to know, bye for now!

Captain Fabio - Technology & Media [Available]
Adopted: Critx
Spoiler:
Hello everyone,

My name is Captain Fabio, but you can call me Fabz for short.
I have been a member of PokeCommunity a long time, nearly 6 years. I have had good times here and the reason I am a part of this Adopt-A-Newbie, is because I want to show the little ones that PC is a wonderful place to be.

I have been a Moderator for nearly a year, but it feels much longer, in the good way. The board that I moderate is Video Games, as they have been a big part of my life for a long time.

A bit of a background. I am 22, a graduate of University and I live ye' old England. I am pretty laid back, easy going and... I am making this sound like a 'lonely adverts' ad! Haha.

At times, I might seem a little scary to talk to, but don't be afraid, I don't bite, honest! You are more than welcome to talk to me via PM, VM and MSN. Feel free to talk to me on any form of IM.

I hope to talk to many of you and welcome to PC!

Shining Raichu - Off Topic, Culture & Media [Available]
Adopted:
Spoiler:
Hey guys!

I’m Shining Raichu, but you can call me Andy. So, I guess if you’re gonna want me to be your mentor, you should know a little about me first! I’m a 21-year-old guy from Australia. I’m a huge TV and movie nut and a lot of my life experience and frame of reference comes from watching either or both of those. I also love lemon meringue pie. That is not at all relevant unless you want to give me lemon meringue pie. Then I am yours forever.

As for my sections, I’m more of an off-topic discussion guy myself. My love for Pokemon is always there, but it’s not why I keep coming back, so you’ll often find me in Other Chat (where the srs bsns discussions go down), Other Clubs (where I own two clubs – The wildly successful LGBT Club and the less-successful-but-still-awesome Atheist Alliance), Other Voting Polls (which is really the section where everybody gets to know everything about each other – I am a moderator of that section) and Culture & Media (where I get to talk about my beloved TV and movies!)

So if you think you’d be spending a fair amount of time in any of those sections and want me to be your mentor, PICK ME PICK ME! If you’re hardcore into competitive battling, ROM Hacking or game development, I’d be worse than useless to you as a mentor, but I’m always happy to talk to anybody so don’t be scared to introduce yourself!

Razor Leaf - Off Topic [Available]
Adopted: zephyr6257
Spoiler:
Hi, I'm Razor Leaf! I'm 18, male, and living in England. I applied to be a mentor mainly because I like helping people out, especially when they're not too sure of what to do around here, as I was when I joined. I like meeting new people too! I'm almost always interested in what you've got to say, so I saw this as a good opportunity to interact with more members who I otherwise wouldn't have the chance to meet.

On PokéCommunity, I regularly visit a number of non-Pokémon sections. These include Culture & Media, Other Voting Polls and Other Chat where I'm one of two moderators. I also read threads in Other Clubs regularly and sometimes play games in Other Trivia. I've always visited these sections, since I joined to talk to people rather than to discuss Pokémon, so I know them pretty well and if you're thinking of expanding out into those sections of the community then I'll be a good person to help you out!

I might as well as talk about my offline life a bit too. I'm generally a very social and outgoing person always up for trying new things and meeting new people. I don't play video games or watch TV much, but if you want to talk about music then I'm your man. I've been playing guitar for 10 years, keyboard for just over one year, and I'm into a wide variety of genres so we'll probably share some common ground. Sports are also an interest of mine, especially football (soccer). I've got a nerdy side too; biology and chemistry are awesome!

So, if this sounds interesting to you, then I'd love to be your mentor! And if not then feel free to drop in for a chat anyway! Take care.

The above is a list of all the mentors you can choose from! Keep in mind that some mentors have a bold red unavailable sign next to their name, meaning you cannot apply to take them until they return back to mentorship.

We have a mentor in every section, so you'll definitely find the one you like most~!

Mentors

So, you're interested in becoming a mentor? This position definitely requires reliability and eagerness to teach your mentee! The mentor positions are only given to those we feel are active and know their sections well enough to teach a new user about them.

We are looking for mentors in the following areas: Challenges, Emulation, Game Development.

You may be placed on the waiting list if you are applying for other areas. We'll only consider those who are applying for the sections currently in high demand (listed above).

Requirements for becoming a mentor:
1) Little to no infractions (old infractions will be investigated)
2) Active for more than three months (90 days from your actual join date)
3) Prove your activity by posting at least once every two days (we will see your statistics for this)

So, do you qualify? If so, then fill out the application (located below). All fields are required! Once you have finished, send it via PM to Cirno. Please do not post it here!

And finally, onto the mentor application form:

Spoiler:
1) What time zone do you reside in?
2) What board(s) of PC do you frequent?
3) How long have you been posting there?
4) Have you contributed to said board(s) in some way? If so, how?
5) Why do you want to be a Mentor?

Note: By submitting this application, you understand that the positions are limited in scope and you may be put on a waiting list. You also agree that becoming a mentor is up to PC Staff discretion, and that you may also be removed at any time if you are deemed either inactive or unsupportive in your role.

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3

Last edited by Sheep; October 5th, 2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: updating mentee/mentors
Old July 20th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Rayshin
Fak.

Nature: Relaxed
Just gettin' the hang of this thing, posting. |hehe. hehe.|
1. What boards are you most interested in? Creative Discussions, I guess.

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? Fan Fiction and Writing ; Art Gallery

3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Maybe the Off-Topic Discussions forum, cause lots of stuff happens there, mostly fun and exciting. |I guess.|

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Mostly sprite and write.

~Always.
Old July 20th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Great to see ya, Daniel! And you're first person to post here in the newly-made thread! :D

Well, since you're interested in the Creative Discussions section as a whole, we have Abnegation for that...as well as Kura who is more than welcome to show you around that section as well. More specifically, we have Livewire, Razor Leaf, and Shining Raichu for Off-Topic, Cirno for Art Gallery and Astinus for Fanfiction & Writing.

I know that's a bunch of mentors I mentioned. xD Be sure to read their bios on the second post to read more about them. Come back and post what you're interested in the most and I'll see which mentor I can hook you up with. :D

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Old July 20th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Rayshin
Fak.

I'd say Abnegation, if it's all right with you.

~Always.
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:48 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

Hey there Daniel! I'd be happy to take you on buddy. Well you're welcome to shoot all your questions and so forth via PM.

Alternatively you can add me on the following instant messaging clients:

MSN: [email protected]

If you add me on the latter, be sure to PM me your email too just in case. Catch you a little later friend!
Old July 20th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Rayshin
Fak.

Thanks! Though I haven't got Skype, and I dont use MSN. Guess PMs will have to do.

~Always.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:45 PM
Jessey Lawson
I like Nintendo prototypes

Nature: Bold
1. What boards are you most interested in? roms, role play, video games,
2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? probaly roms, becuase on my last one roms were not allowed so all the rom stuff confusses me.
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? yes, if someone would like to. I don't want to be a bother. I gues mabey the games I think and any place where you could talk about Nintendo.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Mostly sprite and write, find out how this site works, and share what I know.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Welcome! We have DrFuji and SwiftSign for Emulation/Rom Hacking if you are interested in that. We also have Captain Fabio and Hybrid Trainer for Technology & Media (including video games. :D) as well as Miss Doronjo and PkMn Trainer Yellow for Roleplaying. :D They are all more likely to show you around the site as well as teach you the basics as well. :)

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:34 PM
Jessey Lawson
I like Nintendo prototypes

Nature: Bold
I gues sHybid Trainer if that is ok with you.

Last edited by Jessey Lawson; July 22nd, 2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:35 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Awesome! He's been waiting for someone like you, actually. I'll be sure to contact him in just a bit. For the moment, sit tight and explore the forums a bit while we await for Hybrid Trainer. :D

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:49 PM
Akuroma
I love Colress so much.

Nature: Mild
Hello, I would like a mentor.

1. What boards are you most interested in? Pokemon Clubs
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Pokemon Clubs & Roleplay Corner
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Maybe the Trivia parts.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Have fun.
Old July 24th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuroma View Post
Hello, I would like a mentor.

1. What boards are you most interested in? Pokemon Clubs
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Pokemon Clubs & Roleplay Corner
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Maybe the Trivia parts.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Have fun.
Hey there, I think you're going to be my mentee n.n My favourite section and the section I moderate are Pokémon Clubs, as well as Role Playing and Pokémon Trivia both being my second favourite sections, so I don't think we could be more perfectly suited for each other! :D If you're happy with me mentoring you then I'll contact you ASAP and we can get started c:
Old July 24th, 2012, 11:44 AM
ReshZek200
Unhatched Egg

1. Roleplaying
2. Roleplaying, Hacking and Emulation
3. Maybe..
4. i want to chillax and chat as i make friends, but i`m also making a n00b-y rom hack
Old July 24th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Trippixon
Beginning Trainer

1. What boards are you most interested in? General Pokemon Gaming, Challenges
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Competitive Pokemon Gaming, Trading
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I guess i would like to expand my horizons whilst im here
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Meet people and have fun.
Old July 24th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReshZek200 View Post
1. Roleplaying
2. Roleplaying, Hacking and Emulation
3. Maybe..
4. i want to chillax and chat as i make friends, but i`m also making a n00b-y rom hack
You might want to explain #3 a bit since it doesn't tell me anything. :/

Well, you have two interests right there! ROM Hacking and Roleplaying. You know, I'd be more than happy to take you on if you'd like a mentor right now (since you PMed me earlier that prompted me to make that choice) but if you're looking for a specific mentor, there's DrFuji and SwiftSign for Emulation as well as PkMnTrainer Yellow and Miss Doronjo for Roleplay Corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippixon View Post
1. What boards are you most interested in? General Pokemon Gaming, Challenges
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Competitive Pokemon Gaming, Trading
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I guess i would like to expand my horizons whilst im here
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Meet people and have fun. :)
Sydian is the mentor and moderator of General Pokemon Gaming and Challenges! I think she'd be the perfect mentor for you if you're interested in that area. :D She can also expand you in trading as well.

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:55 PM
InvictoX
Water Trainer/Researcher

Nature: Jolly
I want a mentor!

1. What boards are you most interested in?
The Challenge boards! I already RP and want to do some of those challenges!
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?
The Challenge boards and the Emulator boards, I am still having some difficulty understanding some of the rules, and how people are posting pics of their pokemon and screenshots of their games, I would assume it is with the emulators, but thats why I want to know more about the emulator boards! to find out how to download/run them so I can play the Pokemon games I dont own!
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
Yes! As a Pokemon Researcher (cliche I know) I want to learn all I can about anything and everything pertaining to Pokemon!
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
As I said, learn anything and everything I can! I dont necesarily want to be the best, I just want to learn everything!
Team: Steelix, Skarmory, Scizor, Magneton
-Solo Challenge (SS)
Electivire= Badges 4/16 Darkrai= 0/16
-Personality Challenge (SS)
Meganium, Aerodactyl, Miltank, Alakazam, Poliwrath, Houndoom
-Ulltimate Random Challenge (SS)
Random: Octillery, Xatu, Nidoqueen Chosen: Gyarados, Scizor, Houndoom

Old July 25th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Bazmo
Beginning Trainer

1. What boards are you most interested in? Im interested in the challenges
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Getting to understand the challenges and the hacking
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I would like to eventually venture out into the hacking, and learning how to help people find solutions to any problems they are having in hacking a game.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Improve on my forum skills and hacking skills to help out the community.
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvictoX View Post
I want a mentor! :)

1. What boards are you most interested in?
The Challenge boards! I already RP and want to do some of those challenges!
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?
The Challenge boards and the Emulator boards, I am still having some difficulty understanding some of the rules, and how people are posting pics of their pokemon and screenshots of their games, I would assume it is with the emulators, but thats why I want to know more about the emulator boards! to find out how to download/run them so I can play the Pokemon games I dont own! :)
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
Yes! As a Pokemon Researcher (cliche I know) I want to learn all I can about anything and everything pertaining to Pokemon!
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
As I said, learn anything and everything I can! I dont necesarily want to be the best, I just want to learn everything! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazmo View Post
1. What boards are you most interested in? Im interested in the challenges
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Getting to understand the challenges and the hacking
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I would like to eventually venture out into the hacking, and learning how to help people find solutions to any problems they are having in hacking a game.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Improve on my forum skills and hacking skills to help out the community.
For the both of you that are interested in Challenges, we do have Sydian who is more than welcome to take on both of you if you like. I assume the user I directed him to is no longer interested in mentorship, so I'll have to move on to you both. :)

In the case of Bazmo, since you're also interested in ROM Hacking we also have DrFuji and SwiftSign who are ROM Hacking mentors. Depends on what you're actually interested in.

Both of you let me know if you're still interested and I'll be sure to contact the mentors for you. :D

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Bazmo
Beginning Trainer

Thanks for the quick reply to the post, with the challenges it is more about getting set up in them and how to have the list of challenges I am doing to show at the bottom of my forum posts I guess. With the hacking it would have to be from the start of it as I know nothing to be honest about it. I did see somewhere someone had done part of Pokemon Yellow, not 100% if it got completed but I was looking into finishing off that game if it isn't done, and then in the future just helping out other people with any problems they have making their own Hack
Old July 25th, 2012, 08:56 PM
InvictoX
Water Trainer/Researcher

Yes I am still interested! I have already signed for a few of the challenges and am going to get started on the Solo one, but still have some questions for the mentor! and also still curious about the emulators and how/where to download and use them, I dont have RU/SA/EM/PE/DI/PL so I might need one :D

-edit- Yeah what Bazmo said also, Im wondering how to put sprites and animated sprites in the threads, and how exactly I am supposed to let everyone know of my progress
Team: Steelix, Skarmory, Scizor, Magneton
-Solo Challenge (SS)
Electivire= Badges 4/16 Darkrai= 0/16
-Personality Challenge (SS)
Meganium, Aerodactyl, Miltank, Alakazam, Poliwrath, Houndoom
-Ulltimate Random Challenge (SS)
Random: Octillery, Xatu, Nidoqueen Chosen: Gyarados, Scizor, Houndoom

Last edited by InvictoX; July 25th, 2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
InvictoX, I'll be happy to have you as a mentee. :) I will VM you later! Also, while I'm already here, to post images, you use [img*]url[img] just take away the *. However, you can't post links or pictures until you have 15 posts, but you're already close. Getting to 15 is easy. There are plenty of good discussion threads in Pokemon Gaming Central, Pokemon General, Black and White, etc. :) And I usually get sprites from Bulbapedia. Hope that helps!

Bazma, if you'd like a challenge mentor, I'll be glad to have you as well, but if you'd prefer one for ROM Hacking, that's fine too. The ROM Hacking mentors are great anyway. :)
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:55 PM
ReshZek200
Unhatched Egg

"You might want to explain #3 a bit since it doesn't tell me anything. :/" - Meganium90

I don`t think i would venture out into other forums `cept[except] PKMN[pokemon]

"Well, you have two interests right there! ROM Hacking and Roleplaying. You know, I'd be more than happy to take you on if you'd like a mentor right now (since you PMed me earlier that prompted me to make that choice) but if you're looking for a specific mentor, there's DrFuji and SwiftSign for Emulation as well as PkMnTrainer Yellow and Miss Doronjo for Roleplay Corner." - Meganium90

I would be very happy with all three of you as mentors, it`s always a pleasure to gain friendship and learn at the same time. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Sydian is the mentor and moderator of General Pokemon Gaming and Challenges! I think she'd be the perfect mentor for you if you're interested in that area. :D She can also expand you in trading as well.
That would make me so relieved about figuring out the site.... i`ll take the chance. :3
Old July 26th, 2012, 05:26 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Hey.Heretostay123 here.I'm new here.I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes in role playing.I wanna join one,so I'd really appreciate it if you could help me.A girl would be preferable

Haha.Nah.Jk.Anyones fine
Old July 26th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

PkMnTrainer Yellow's a girl and she's a roleplayer. She's more than welcome to show you around the RP corner as well as roleplaying in general. Up for that? I can go ahead and contact her if you like. :)

DARRELL WALLACE JR.

Shining Armour
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links