The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

View Poll Results: which is your favorite
American Idol 0 0%
The Voice 6 100.00%
X-Factor 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 3rd, 2012, 01:37 PM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
Which is your favorite?

Mine is the Voice. It used to be AI, but now with Minaj at the table it has to be horrible. It has really gone downhill over the past 5 years. The Voice however, is growing in popularity and the talent is astounding. The judges/coaches are all great as well. Not a fan of Carson Daly though.
I HATE the X-Factor. It seems so staged and there is virtually no talent, IMO. The judges are horrendus except for Cowell.

Tell me what you think. Discuss.

Old October 4th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I like the Voice best. Hate Nicki Minaj, and never have watched the X-Factor. Also the judges mesh really well together.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old October 4th, 2012, 05:02 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
I honestly can't say I'm a fan of any of these shows. Too scripted and the producers milk the sob stories for every drop they can get.

But you're dead-on with Minaj trashing American Idol. Mariah Carey being a typical diva doesn't help either, apparently.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1175097

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old October 5th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Jak
where the fairy flies

Nature: Timid
I don't like any of these shows tbqh. If I had to pick, I'll go with The Voice. AI sucks and I haven't cared for it in years, and...Nicki Minaj, really? The people trying out have more talent than her. Never watched the X-Factor.
Old October 5th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Catholic Nun
Yeah I went with The Voice too. I'm not particularly into any of them, but my sister made us watch The Voice and as obviously scripted as it could be at times, it was fun watching the interactions between the judges.

That's all anyone watches these shows for, I think. Has nothing to do with the 'talent'

Moderator of Chit Chat Cafe
Old October 8th, 2012, 07:52 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I used to love American Idol, back when it was, you know, the only singing competition, and it was still pretty damn big. But then it went on the wrong track with hour-long results shows and very little focus on contestants...

Now The Voice and X-Factor both exist, and they're completely drilling each other into the ground. They're all like the exact same thing, only with different judges and different presentation styles. It has all become karaoke to me, and with the same kind of attractive guitar-playing white-male heartthrob winning American Idol every season, these shows might go the way of the dodo. With American Idol having catfights between Mariah and Minaj... well there may be ratings ploys with it for sure.

I still won't care. I've seen way too much reality TV drama in my day. As someone who has hosted Survivor games online... a singing show can't really top some of the things I've seen. Whatever happened to watching these shows for the SINGING? Why is X-Factor a submergence into one gigantic British ego? Why is American Idol pulling ratings stunts like that Jermaine guy and falsely eliminating Jessica Sanchez so the judges could use the save? They're not really singing shows even though they say they are...
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:22 PM
The Sly Fox

The Voice. I like how its done like a competition, different from the other two shows. I like how the judges also don't see who is auditioning.

I also actually like the judges.

Old October 14th, 2012, 09:01 PM
ARTPOP
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to ARTPOP
I don't even know when The Voice/American Idol is on. I only have time for X-Factor, because I love Demi Lovato.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links