Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 30th, 2013 (10:18 AM).
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser

I'm not sure how this managed to slip by since I did most of my testing on rematch Lorelei, but have a fix.

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Every other major trainer should no longer crash the game.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
Old September 5th, 2013 (09:48 AM).
lowlife

No Kingdra...goddammit man thats a dealbreaker also do those physical/special split patches work? I mean I tried to patch a clean fire red rom but it doesnt seem to add those marks wether a move is phys, spe or status.
Old September 5th, 2013 (01:21 PM).
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote originally posted by lowlife:
No Kingdra...goddammit man thats a dealbreaker :( also do those physical/special split patches work? I mean I tried to patch a clean fire red rom but it doesnt seem to add those marks wether a move is phys, spe or status.
You have to do that yourself. I suggest reading through the thread on the split in the Research and Development subforum if you want to learn about that.
Old September 13th, 2013 (03:56 PM).
lit000

i have the beta 1.3, but i think it the game was already updated to 1.5.

May I ask the differences between the two?
Old September 13th, 2013 (06:01 PM).
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser

If you actually meant 1.3, that version is ancient and very outdated- lots of sprites have been changed, a bunch of glitches fixed, balance quirks resolved, and it's in general a much more solid game. If you meant 1.13, then all your answers can be found in the changelogs on the previous page.

(also i never released a public beta for this but if that's actually beta you meant then that version only went up to koga, and was never intended to leave a small group of confidants)

Physical/Special Split
Old September 13th, 2013 (08:25 PM).
lit000

I mean I downloaded that beta 1.3 last july also from this thread, I already finished the elite four round 2 (I think that's already the end of this game). So, you mean the changes were only the bugs and some sprites?

Maybe I'll just have to check it myself.
Old September 14th, 2013 (08:21 AM).
Renton Thurston

Nature: Hasty
Hey I just started playing your hack and you've done great job with the sprites, new moves, and the addition of the physical/special split I was just wondering if Eevee is obtainable in this game? I was planning on getting an Espeon. Also, have you considered giving Blaziken the speed boost ability? o:

-Renton
Old September 14th, 2013 (09:45 AM).
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser

Quote:
I mean I downloaded that beta 1.3 last july also from this thread, I already finished the elite four round 2 (I think that's already the end of this game). So, you mean the changes were only the bugs and some sprites?
Okay I looked over my files and there never was a beta 1.3. There was beta 0.3, which was private, and public 1.3, which was never posted on Pokecommunity and is over a year old. There is also public 1.13, which is not the same as 1.3- you can see the changelogs after it on the last page. Seriously, everything that's changed is on page 7.

Quote:
I was just wondering if Eevee is obtainable in this game? I was planning on getting an Espeon. Also, have you considered giving Blaziken the speed boost ability? o:
Eevee is not obtainable, as it consumes a lot of slots, does nothing interesting in later gens, and has evolutions that I wasn't able to implement when I started this. Blaziken intentionally does not have Speed Boost- it's more than powerful enough without it and would be blatantly overpowered with it.

Physical/Special Split
Old September 14th, 2013 (10:24 AM). Edited September 15th, 2013 by Renton Thurston.
Renton Thurston

Quote originally posted by DoesntKnowHowToPlay:
Eevee is not obtainable, as it consumes a lot of slots, does nothing interesting in later gens, and has evolutions that I wasn't able to implement when I started this. Blaziken intentionally does not have Speed Boost- it's more than powerful enough without it and would be blatantly overpowered with it.
Hm, alright that's fully understandable thanks for the response!
Old September 15th, 2013 (04:39 PM).
Renton Thurston

Sorry for the double post but I'm having another issue in the game I'm hoping you can clear up with me. How does Murkrow evolve? Because I checked your "misc" notes and it says via moon stone however, whenever I try to use it is says "no use". My Murkrow is currently level 27 so if it is based on leveling up instead please let me know as I really want a Honchkrow lol.

-Renton
Old September 15th, 2013 (05:27 PM).
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser

It's by level-up at 37. The pokemon stats doc is a bit out of date as it was compiled by hand.

Physical/Special Split
Old September 18th, 2013 (02:26 PM). Edited September 18th, 2013 by Renton Thurston.
Renton Thurston

It's by level-up at 37. The pokemon stats doc is a bit out of date as it was compiled by hand.
Oh alright well thanks for the clarification btw, I currently picked up a scyther and it was carrying the ability technician. I evolved it into Scizor but it doesn't seem to be doing the boosted damage it should. Is technician the same in this game or is it just in my head lol.

P.S Does Scizor learn bullet punch or bug buzz? because I checked his movepool and it says Bullet Punch is learned at level 1...lol im guessing that's incorrect since you said the misc notes were inaccurate but my scizor is currently level 31 which I caught in the Safari Zone as a Scyther as mentioned earlier. Sorry for these questions, I just really want to take advantage with his ability and the physical/special gen split in this game lol.

-Renton
Old September 19th, 2013 (04:05 AM).
mikethepokemaster

Nature: Jolly
I want to know it there a after story or do you just go around catching legendary pokemon
Old September 22nd, 2013 (01:43 PM).
BIGJRA

So where's the Old Amber?

Ash Grey, Emerald 386, Empire Isle, Firered Omega, Firered Backwards Version, Flora Sky, Fuligin, Furious Flames, Grand Day Out, Hyetology, Light Platinum, Lilac, Liquid Crystal, My Ass, Rising Thunder, Shining Opal, Shiny Gold, Skyline, Snakewood,Victory Fire

If you have a hack you want me to play/LP, VM me!
Old September 22nd, 2013 (07:21 PM).
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote originally posted by BIGJRA:
So where's the Old Amber?
Unneeded in this hack actually. Both fossils obtained at Mt. Moon are Aerodactyl.
Old September 25th, 2013 (03:59 PM).
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser

Scizor actually does get Bullet Punch at level 1- this means it requires the relearner's services to learn the move. He's in Cinnabar if you missed him.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me to Technician as it was indeed bugged- fix is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g6lmjttmeouah8a/YetAnotherFRHackv1.16.zip

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Fixed legendaries having pants-on-head retarded movepools that were meant for Lunatic.
Fixed an issue where Technician would arbitrarily fail.
Improved various sprites.

Physical/Special Split
Old September 26th, 2013 (07:34 PM).
Reonen Zeruel

Hello, I'm a new member of this Community. I would like to ask about a hack called 'Pokemon Yet Another Fire Red Hack.' I'm a bit disappointed that I cannot go pass through this area, since my screen turns black whenever I talk with this individual in Victory Road. Please help ASAP! (>_<). I'm really enjoying the hack but got stuck in a brick wall due to this issue.
Thanks in advance.
P.S: How do I post pictures to specifically show what I want to show.
Old September 27th, 2013 (02:17 AM).
dungpham1997

hey can i ask you something? why can't i switch pokemon in a trainer's battle? pls reply me soon. thank you
Old September 27th, 2013 (03:33 AM).
Reonen Zeruel

@dungpham1997

Yeah, I had the same question as well, when I first played the game, which was a couple of days ago. But then, I realized that not being able to switch Pokemon after defeating an opponent(s) Pokemon has been disabled, due to the reason, well supposedly after reading the previous posts in this Community is part of the challenge of the hack. Hope my response helped you in anyway.

PS: I'm playing v1.15 at the moment.
Old September 27th, 2013 (06:16 AM).
Misledangel

Nature: Quiet
Hey I am new here please to meet you all anyways , Doesnt i played your hack it was wonderful and i for one didnt encounter any glitches loved the physical and special split well off to my question so i was modding you hack ofcourse for my own use only as i am new to hacking i have had troubles anyways i have made scripts added the sprites and all but now what i cant seem to do is change habitats of pokemon is it possible ?
Old September 27th, 2013 (06:58 PM).
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser

Victory Road should actually be completable now, sorry about that

v1.16b Changelog:
Spoiler:
Ace Trainer Ray should no longer crash the game.

Physical/Special Split
Old September 28th, 2013 (02:06 AM). Edited September 28th, 2013 by Reonen Zeruel.
Reonen Zeruel

@DoestKnowHowToPlay,

Thank you for replying, and yeah I got pass through that issue, :3.

Oh I'm sorry if I'm going to ask another question but, how do you get Genesect in 'Pokemon Yet Another Fire Red Hack'?

Thanks in advance, :3.
Old September 28th, 2013 (11:55 AM).
Renton Thurston

Scizor actually does get Bullet Punch at level 1- this means it requires the relearner's services to learn the move. He's in Cinnabar if you missed him.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me to Technician as it was indeed bugged- fix is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g6lmjttmeouah8a/YetAnotherFRHackv1.16.zip

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Fixed legendaries having pants-on-head retarded movepools that were meant for Lunatic.
Fixed an issue where Technician would arbitrarily fail.
Improved various sprites.
Yeah, I just taught my Scizor Bullet Punch thanks, now I shall crush my foes with the new fix lolol but before I do, how do I patch this new version? do I just patch over the game as it is now or do I need another Fire Red base rom?

P.S I found another minor bug in the game, its not a huge deal but when Stunkfish is caught, his data appears to be Torchic's, just wanted to let you know :s

-Renton
Old September 28th, 2013 (01:49 PM).
Reonen Zeruel

@Renton Thurston,

You'll need another new clean Fire Red file for the new patch. Now, if you want to load your old file, you'll have to rename your old file the same as your new PYAFRH rom. For example:

New File: Pokemon YFRA. Old save file: Pokemon YetAnotherFireRed
Old save file ------------> Pokemon YFRA.

For the new save file, since it's from an previous version, you'll have to manually go to:

File
- Load
- Open Pokemon YFRA (save file, not GBA file).

After this, you can go back to saving it normally like, 'Shift+F1.' Then save it in the actual game.

Hope my response helps you.
Old September 29th, 2013 (10:48 AM).
sum182

Check the item notes and it doesnt look like it but did you put in the rocky helmet?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links