Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Post Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #201    
Old September 29th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Renton Thurston's Avatar
Renton Thurston
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reonen Zeruel View Post
@Renton Thurston,

You'll need another new clean Fire Red file for the new patch. Now, if you want to load your old file, you'll have to rename your old file the same as your new PYAFRH rom. For example:

New File: Pokemon YFRA. Old save file: Pokemon YetAnotherFireRed
Old save file ------------> Pokemon YFRA.

For the new save file, since it's from an previous version, you'll have to manually go to:

File
- Load
- Open Pokemon YFRA (save file, not GBA file).

After this, you can go back to saving it normally like, 'Shift+F1.' Then save it in the actual game.

Hope my response helps you.
Yeah, thanks for your response however I play my GBA roms on my Android device, so how would I load the old save files on that? o:

-Renton
  #202    
Old September 29th, 2013, 07:06 PM
DoesntKnowHowToPlay's Avatar
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Oh I'm sorry if I'm going to ask another question but, how do you get Genesect in 'Pokemon Yet Another Fire Red Hack'?
Check out Cerulean Cave after you beat the game.

Quote:
Check the item notes and it doesnt look like it but did you put in the rocky helmet?
Nope. Not likely to add it soon either, as I find it more annoying than useful and it'd be non-trivial to implement.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
  #203    
Old September 29th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Reonen Zeruel's Avatar
Reonen Zeruel
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Gender: Male
@Renston Thurston,

Oh... I see... D: I'm sorry, I don't play GBA on Android, so I do not possess the knowledge regarding GBA on Androids, (>_<).

I'm sorry if I couldn't help you any further.

@DoesntKnowHowToPlay,

Oh, ok. Thanks for your response. When I went to the Cerulean Cave, I saw the Brock. Does that mean all of the Gym Leaders will be there? (>_<).

Thanks in advance, ()

Oh yeah, where is the 'Unknown Dungeon' located in the hack by the way. (>_<)
"Dragons doth give Birth to Thy kind, grant Thee Life and verily taketh away"
- Fou Lu: Breath Of Fire IV

Last edited by Reonen Zeruel; September 29th, 2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #204    
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:50 AM
sum182
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntKnowHowToPlay View Post
Check out Cerulean Cave after you beat the game.



Nope. Not likely to add it soon either, as I find it more annoying than useful and it'd be non-trivial to implement.

Yea, i figured as much, but i was hoping that my Ferrothorn could be that little bit better haha (even tho he already kills everything....except fire)

Loving the hack so far btw, awsome additions and the difficulty is awsome. Breaths some new life into FR. On a side note, lookee what i found =)...tried to post a pic, but no 15 posts yet haha....lurker. Not as exciting but its a Shiny Cloyster!, love the blue
  #205    
Old September 30th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Misledangel
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Can i release a hack ? Using ur hack as base main reason for which is physical and special split and i dont knw how to make new attacks if its ok with you only then will i realease it or i have no problem keeping it to myself the hack is basically same with a diff roster mostly in pre-evolutions and eevee is included some of my own custom sprites like sharpedo has a tail gible line has horns removed dragonnite has bigger wings and all legendries as events ... with ow sprites
  #206    
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:16 PM
DoesntKnowHowToPlay's Avatar
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misledangel View Post
Can i release a hack ? Using ur hack as base main reason for which is physical and special split and i dont knw how to make new attacks if its ok with you only then will i realease it or i have no problem keeping it to myself :) the hack is basically same with a diff roster mostly in pre-evolutions and eevee is included some of my own custom sprites like sharpedo has a tail gible line has horns removed dragonnite has bigger wings and all legendries as events ... with ow sprites
I would prefer if you didn't. The information on battle scripting is documented and not hard to figure out if you look into it.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
  #207    
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:56 AM
Misledangel
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntKnowHowToPlay View Post
I would prefer if you didn't. The information on battle scripting is documented and not hard to figure out if you look into it.
no problem doesnt i respect your statement and :D hehe i really love the physical and special split you made :D <3 i will just keep it to myself it was just a fork of your hack :D basically cux i wanted eevee in your hack :D anyways very solid made hack Doesnt played it three times already <3
  #208    
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:24 AM
abyssthesavior's Avatar
abyssthesavior
i will never dissapear........
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: i cannot reveal it.......never will i either.....
Gender:
Nature: Lonely
I kinda forget what to do here....Do I patch it on a new FireRed ROM and rename the save file to match the new ROM or what? I don't wanna cause a glitch or anything...
This signature has been disabled.
Censor bypass in signature. Content probably isn\'t appropriate either.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #209    
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:07 AM
sum182
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by abyssthesavior View Post
I kinda forget what to do here....Do I patch it on a new FireRed ROM and rename the save file to match the new ROM or what? I don't wanna cause a glitch or anything...
Get your FR rom, make a zip file of it (so you can always extract a clean rom for other hacks) Extract it, name the extracted file the same as your save file (except the gba extension of course) and patch it. As long as the rom and your save are named the same, it should work beautifully.
  #210    
Old October 3rd, 2013, 04:55 PM
Renton Thurston's Avatar
Renton Thurston
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reonen Zeruel View Post
@Renston Thurston,

Oh... I see... D: I'm sorry, I don't play GBA on Android, so I do not possess the knowledge regarding GBA on Androids, (>_<).

I'm sorry if I couldn't help you any further.
Hm I see, well thank you for your efforts Is there someone else who can potentially help me with my predicament? I'm currently in Victory Road and I wanna finish off the LP but I could really use the Technician boost for my Weaville and Scizor lol so if somebody knows how to patch the new IPS unto my game while keeping my save data on my android device that would be great. Thanks,

-Renton
  #211    
Old October 3rd, 2013, 05:06 PM
wertcraft's Avatar
wertcraft
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: planet earth
Gender: Male
this looks sweet. i love the sprite art.
  #212    
Old October 3rd, 2013, 08:24 PM
Projectwolfie's Avatar
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton Thurston View Post
Hm I see, well thank you for your efforts Is there someone else who can potentially help me with my predicament? I'm currently in Victory Road and I wanna finish off the LP but I could really use the Technician boost for my Weaville and Scizor lol so if somebody knows how to patch the new IPS unto my game while keeping my save data on my android device that would be great. Thanks,

-Renton
Save files are 100% of the time kept as with any other emulator, seperate (actually most of the time everything is the same as their PC counterparts unless your app is ancient... these days emulator cores are the exact same as the latest emulators). Update everything and you have no problem as long as names are the same. For extra insurance find your save file and rename it to the exact same name as the Rom if it isn't already.

Last edited by Projectwolfie; October 4th, 2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: I can tell that I typed this out on a phone while I was tired.
  #213    
Old October 4th, 2013, 06:20 AM
sum182
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton Thurston View Post
Hm I see, well thank you for your efforts Is there someone else who can potentially help me with my predicament? I'm currently in Victory Road and I wanna finish off the LP but I could really use the Technician boost for my Weaville and Scizor lol so if somebody knows how to patch the new IPS unto my game while keeping my save data on my android device that would be great. Thanks,

-Renton
Which emulator are you using?

Either way, you save is separate from the rom....so i believe that if you just patch a new rom, name it EXACTLY the same, and place it in the same directory, the emulator will essentially see it as the same game.

I play on android as well, using the Gameboid emulator. Save states are placed directly in the folder the ROM is in, and i have no issues patching and replacing the rom and my saves still being detected.
  #214    
Old October 5th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Renton Thurston's Avatar
Renton Thurston
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum182 View Post
Which emulator are you using?

Either way, you save is separate from the rom....so i believe that if you just patch a new rom, name it EXACTLY the same, and place it in the same directory, the emulator will essentially see it as the same game.

I play on android as well, using the Gameboid emulator. Save states are placed directly in the folder the ROM is in, and i have no issues patching and replacing the rom and my saves still being detected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
Save files are 100% of the time kept as with any other emulator, seperate (actually most of the time everything is the same as their PC counterparts unless your app is ancient... these days emulator cores are the exact same as the latest emulators). Update everything and you have no problem as long as names are the same. For extra insurance find your save file and rename it to the exact same name as the Rom if it isn't already.
Oh I see, so do I have to get another clean patch of Fire Red where I than patch the IPS to it and change the SAV file to the exact name as the ROMS?

-Renton
  #215    
Old October 6th, 2013, 07:46 AM
TheSleeperHit's Avatar
TheSleeperHit
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Can I request a lunatic version with but with ev gains? I like creating "custom" builds on pokemon and the only way of making it at least usable is grinding specific ev to match my build. Thank you.
  #216    
Old October 6th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Misledangel
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSleeperHit View Post
Can I request a lunatic version with but with ev gains? I like creating "custom" builds on pokemon and the only way of making it at least usable is grinding specific ev to match my build. Thank you.
use yape . . .then look up pokemons on pokemondb and add evs accordingly ... or you can use pge export all pokemons from the " Original " yet another firered hack and import them over lunatic patch again using pge hope i helped

doesnt , where can i get the vega yet another firered hack ?

Last edited by Misledangel; October 6th, 2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #217    
Old October 6th, 2013, 02:08 PM
TheSleeperHit's Avatar
TheSleeperHit
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misledangel View Post
use yape . . .then look up pokemons on pokemondb and add evs accordingly ... or you can use pge export all pokemons from the " Original " yet another firered hack and import them over lunatic patch again using pge hope i helped

doesnt , where can i get the vega yet another firered hack ?
I prefer grinding for them manually that's why I am requesting a modified version of lunatic so at least I still need to work for them. Thanks for the suggestion btw.
  #218    
Old October 6th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Misledangel
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSleeperHit View Post
I prefer grinding for them manually that's why I am requesting a modified version of lunatic so at least I still need to work for them. Thanks for the suggestion btw.
ummm actually :3 its just going to add evs to wild pokemons and trainers alike so you will have to grind manually i can make tht patch for you but doesnt wont allow that :O
  #219    
Old October 6th, 2013, 08:04 PM
TheSleeperHit's Avatar
TheSleeperHit
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misledangel View Post
ummm actually :3 its just going to add evs to wild pokemons and trainers alike so you will have to grind manually i can make tht patch for you but doesnt wont allow that :O
That's sad... But I hope doesnt will notice my request and make an official version of it... That would really be cool..
  #220    
Old October 7th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Lunedi
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender:
Hey, DoesntKnowHowToPlay, will you add the Mega Evolutions?
Just for know :3


Cya~
  #221    
Old October 8th, 2013, 04:44 AM
exidia
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Is there anything changed to OW's?
  #222    
Old October 8th, 2013, 05:45 AM
sum182
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by exidia View Post
Is there anything changed to OW's?
Only some small things, like rock tunnel being a sandstorm now, and misc. people that give you things
  #223    
Old October 8th, 2013, 06:12 AM
DoesntKnowHowToPlay's Avatar
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Can I request a lunatic version with but with ev gains? I like creating "custom" builds on pokemon and the only way of making it at least usable is grinding specific ev to match my build. Thank you.
This is missing the point of Lunatic somewhat, so no, but feel free to put the EVs back yourself if that's how you want to play it. I don't have any problem with people modifying the game for personal use.

(an faster way than using YAPE would be to hex copy the base stats table from a clean rom into lunatic, but that's not necessarily easier)

Quote:
Hey, DoesntKnowHowToPlay, will you add the Mega Evolutions?
Just for know :3
I have no plans to.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
  #224    
Old October 8th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Lunedi
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntKnowHowToPlay
I have no plans to.
Even Mega Mawile or Mega Absol? D:

ON:
Dafuq is this xd

(Blaziken learning a Fly Type Atk? ehm.. it doesn't make sense)


Cya~
  #225    
Old October 8th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Noossab Blue's Avatar
Noossab Blue
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
It's a chicken...a chicken is a bird...it's not really a far stretch...
IGN: Anna/Noossab Blue
3DS FC: 3196 3609 8450

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:01 PM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.