The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:29 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel? In either of these moments, how does it/would it make you feel in this particular situation?

Last edited by Guy; October 31st, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:37 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
The latter. Man, that was painful.
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:11 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The former. I tend to keep my feelings bottled up, tbh.

Old October 31st, 2012, 09:45 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Probably the former, I have a really hard time with that and always have, Im not good at expressing feelings.
Old October 31st, 2012, 10:43 AM
Esper

It's easier to be the one with all the feelings because they buoy you, drive you. When someone does it to you it can be really awkward because really excited, angry, or sad people can be unpredictable.

I don't like making eye contact in general though.

deviantart blog pair
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:53 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
The former. For the most part people are nervous when they have to express themselves to others. So when someone's telling me something they'll be looking away, I have no trouble keeping eye contact. But when it's my turn to talk, the roles reverse and I'll be like looking in all different directions.
Old October 31st, 2012, 08:04 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Depends on who it is. If I was confessing my love to... her... I would probably get nervous, but that's a sign of being genuine. So I'd be able to do it.

It... really depends on the situation. If she was telling me something I didn't want to hear, I'd still kiss her. She at least deserves to know how I feel, too, before I deal with heartbreak and wither and... let's not go there. I'm going off on a tangent again xD

Credit to whomever drew that Hilda picture. Lemme know if that's you.

~*~ 3DS FC: 3540-0366-4191 ||| Mii name: Andy ||| IGN: Amanda ~*~
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:25 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
I think it is the same for me. I just don't like looking into someone's eyes in general XD
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:18 AM
shenanigans
ALL NEON LIKE
Staff Admin

I find the former muuuuuuch harder. Mainly because I don't tend to tell people much of how I feel at all and when I do I just feel kinda awkward and uncomfortable so making eye contact is really hard when I'm doing that. Honestly I... don't find it difficult at all making eye contact with people normally and especially not when they're telling me how they feel - I make a point of doing it to show them that I'm engaged with what they're saying to me since it's probably important to them.
Old November 1st, 2012, 04:34 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
The former. I currently like a girl my own age but every time I try to tell her how I feel about her, I tend to freeze, not even glance at her, or I just run away. So I write her notes instead.
Old November 1st, 2012, 04:54 AM
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
The former, I can't really do the whole telling people what I feel while keeping eye contact thing. It's really hard and awkward for me...but I am able to do it when I make sarcastic comments, it lightens up the mood.

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old November 1st, 2012, 06:47 AM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
Tbh i don't feel comfortable when someone look at me in the eyes i don't like that (say goodbye as we dane with the devil tonight don't you dare look at him in the eyes) sorry couldn't resist

however i like to look in the people eyes whenever they telling me something important like the truth about something because if the person lie the eyes can never lie

when it comes to telling how i feel ..AT ALL i don't like anybody to look at my eyes..i sometimes say that with my back to the person or even leave a text somewhere...i just feel embarrassed in emotional situations and saying how i feel lol

Old November 1st, 2012, 07:01 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
Definitely the former. I don't like telling people how I feel, I find it really uncomfortable. So I wouldn't be able to look them in the eye for fear they'd laugh and think my feelings were stupid or something .

But looking people in the eye when they're confiding in me I find really easy. I had no idea this was something anybody struggled with.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old November 1st, 2012, 10:10 AM
Galukxy
→Not someday.Today is the day.

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Galukxy Send a message via Skype™ to Galukxy
Depends, but The Former because I find it hard to look people in the eye sometimes and say how I feel without looking at something else or trying not to smirk or anything.

DA||MAL || Portfolio

Old November 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
For me it's the first thing... if I'm feeling uncomfortable, I avoid eye-contact
Old November 1st, 2012, 06:02 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I find it harder to look at people when I'm being truthful.
I am a huge listener, and I love looking at people when THEY'RE talking, but I'm the complete opposite when I'm talking. When I talk or tell the truth or whatever, I usually take glances at the person to let them know I'm not drifting into space, then look at something else again.
Old November 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Relaxed
What is more difficult for you, looking into someone's eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone's eyes when they are telling you how they feel? In either of these moments, how does it/would it make you feel in this particular situation?

I rarely tell my feelings to people unless they are really close to me as I am quite a private person. In those rare occasions when I do, I can't look directly into their eyes. I try my very best, but it makes me quite uncomfortable. On the other hand, if people are talking to me and telling me how they feel, I will look into their eyes, no matter what our relationship is. I take other people's feelings very seriously. I want to get to know and share how they are feeling, to be in their shoes for that small moment. I am a much better listener than a talker, so this is what I do best.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old November 1st, 2012, 09:00 PM
Briar
how do you make coffee sexy?

Nature: Impish
the former, definitely. i'm not one who is comfortable with expressing my feelings verbally, especially if those feelings are intense (like intense anger or anguish or something). i actually find it a habit of mine to quickly avert my eyes whenever i talk to someone about serious matters. i'm actually uncomfortable generally to look someone in the eye in a conversation... except when it comes to public speaking. for some reason, it's easier to look people in the eye in that situation.

i'm Briar.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
atria
Eevee Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
In both situations I feel really awkward, especially if there is crying involved.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:40 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I'm good at telling people how I feel, because I'm comfortable with expressing my emotions and inner thoughts. I don't find it hard to talk to someone, eye to eye, and confess about something. I find it harder when they look me in the eye, and confess, because I have a sensitive side.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:49 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold
If I ever told people how I feel nowadays I'd be locked up in a mental ward never to see the light of day again, just saiyan.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:47 AM
Wateria
The cute team Aqua member

Nature: Naughty
They can easily tell how I'm feeling by just looking at my face.

Edit: oh look 100 posts and counting

Sponsored Links

Advertise here