The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
I try and average about 5-10 posts a day, but that's not a quota or a hard-and-fast rule or anything. If there aren't as many threads that take my fancy on one particular day, or if real life is just busy, then I'll post less; conversely, if I have lots more free time or there are lots of threads that I'm interested in, I'll post more. But because of this natural fluctuation, I don't feel guilty when I don't post much for a particular period in time, as I know that'll probably bounce back up eventually. Like nature, I guess!
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
i post when i want when i found something interests me..or when i'm bored..or when my computer isn't acting up or when i'm in the mood...other than that! Nope

Old October 12th, 2012, 03:10 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I'm not posting like mad like I was when I first got here. I guess the new forum smell is wearing off... and now I feel like I'm not posting enough. I know it's just a number, but... I feel like there are many more discussions to be had.
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪

Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
I'll be honest: I don't post as much as I'd like(considering that I'm a terribly distracted person), but I'm a lot better at posting this time around than when I was in my old account. I'm at least satisfied with that. XD
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Nature: Brave
Back when I was staff, I tried making an effort in boosting my activity in other sections, but I still stayed at my own section. xD It didn't feel *too* obligatory. If a thread has zero replies it pretty much says "HAY MEGAN POST HERE YEAH?"

Now being a roaming member myself, I don't feel too obligated. All I do is post here, post there, and later gator! Not to worry, I went two weeks without posting here so that proves that I don't worry about posting things. :P
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Wateria
The cute team Aqua member

Nature: Naughty
I feel like I clearly am not posting enough and I blame Youtube videos for that.
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Forever
let it go

I try to post 3-4 posts in B/W on one day after having a few days of not posting, because due to the fact that they're older games it's logical it's less active and less posts should be expected than during the active period where I posted every single day with multiple posts! But yeah if I don't do this then I definitely feel like I'm not posting enough. Also I like my recent posts in general to be 25 in the last two days, it's unfortunate when it reaches three.

On a member level I feel bad when I'm not active in BC so I try to post there as often as I can.

Everywhere else idc about they could be deleted and I would not change my posting. :(
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
Totally not posting as much as I like... busy with work, but sometimes it's a matter of the topics. It's either extremely short that I don't feel like posting (cause topics immediately move on once you post) and you don't really interact with other members much... and on the other hand, sometimes a topic is so deep that I really need to sit down in order to make something thoughtful, yet I don't have time for some 20 min posts lol...
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:36 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm not posting as much as I'd like, or as much as I used to. It's mostly due to the fact that I've all but stopped posting in the Pokemon related sections as they don't really interest me anymore. So I have a much smaller pool of sections and topics to choose from than I had in the past.

Also, my mind has been on other matters and my internet has been crapping out on me more often lately.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:47 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Even though I have been a member for 19 months and my list of sections I visit is now more diverse, I still feel like I'm not posting a lot.

Most of my time is spent in the trivia boards so blame that. YouTube videos and VM conversations as well.

Sometimes the reason I find myself posting less in a day is cos I'm not seeing a lot of activity so therefore little places to post in.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old October 22nd, 2012, 06:29 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I would like to post more, but I don't go to a specific board so I just see if there's anything good in New Posts, usually.

Post count doesn't really matter to me, activity does though.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 06:34 AM
Riku
Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Community Supporter

I would like to post more, sure. I am frequently on the computer and almost always have a tab of PC open to either OT, OCD, or OVP, but... I don't post. When I try, I usually wind up scrapping it and saying screw it and just don't do it. Reason why I don't? Not too sure. Lack of confidence perhaps? Maybe lack of interest? Idk. However, reason for wanting to do it more is because I like the socialization :U

Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:24 AM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
I feel like I could post more, but I have a hard time trying to contribute to discussions. I try to browse through different forums that I feel I'm able to post in - same goes for any thread in whatever forum I go to. I see interesting topics that I'd like to add to, but I never know what to say. So I just kind of...sit there, not posting anything; and this happens all the time, so I end up logging off the forum completely. I've been trying to become more active here, but it's becoming difficult since I have trouble posting in threads.

So, in short, yes. I do feel like I'm not posting enough.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old October 23rd, 2012, 01:46 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
Nah. I'm only active in one part of the forum and there I can't really make tons of posts even if I wanted to because I'm not allowed to post in just any thread and have to wait for others to post in between xD

When I was newer here, post count meant EVERYTHING. Now I think I'm at, uh, 6000 something. 6699 some days ago, if I remember correctly. Sometimes I get bored and venture out into other parts of PC, like now :p but I don't feel obliged to post unless I find something interesting.
Crossroads I C | O O C .
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Synerjee
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

It seems like I've been on a posting frenzy during my first few hours of being a member. I cared about my post count quite a lot. Well, what do you expect from a new member? :P I was really excited about joining this community which has lots of friendly and welcoming members that I can freely talk about Pokemon with. <3 I've never before been able to freely discuss Pokemon-related topics with my friends or family without getting judged, so this was pretty huge for me.

I do feel the need to post something everyday. If I find something that interests me, I post. If it doesn't interest me, I don't post. Simple as that. I just want to keep reasonably active. I do have my life as a student out there.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I don't feel inclined or 'responsible' for posting lots, but recently I personally want to post more. However the DCC isn't as active as it used to be so I can't post as much as I want to XD;
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:34 AM
dingopongo
Togepi

It's said that if you have nothing worthy to say, better say nothing. This discussion is a nonsense in my opinion.
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Sometimes people have quite a few insightful things to say, but they maybe just too lazy to find the various discussions around the forum to contribute to. It's not always that people are forcing themselves to post a certain amount to the point of spamming or saying things that are better not said at all (though yes, you're certainly right that there's some of those around too.)
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Sometimes I feel that way. Despite me going to DeviantART a lot, I felt as if I didn't post that much, since I sometimes don't do anything. I've been here for almost a year and many people that started a week or a month after me had way more posts than me.
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Lol I only post like once a week now but I don't care as much as I used to, tbqh.
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Azure Rathalδs
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
In a way, I feel like a post too much and I rely on quanitiy over quality in my posts. My posts recently haven't been very well fleshed out and are usually just 2 or 3 sentences of me saying things, but not elaborating on them. I have a post count of about 1,350, which is quite respectable for someone who joined about 2 years ago, so I think I'm doing fine there.

I will say this though - I have been posting about 3-7 times each day, depending on how much time I spend on my laptop. This is a lot more than back in 2010, when I posted only a couple of times each week, and the posts back then were even lower quality than the posts I do today.
Old October 29th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Darlimus
Fly to the Clouds!

Nature: Jolly
I hardly post anything, but that's because I have terrible Wifi.

I wish I could post more, too..

..plus I am fairly new, so yeah. t-t

Old November 3rd, 2012, 03:40 AM
thisguy647
Unhatched Egg

I'd say I post enough, though my low post count doesn't seem right for how many posts I'm making. =/
(I'm tired of being what you want me to be)
Old November 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Sometimes I won't log in for months at a time, and when I do, I post a lot, because I feel bad.
I want people to recognize that I still haven't left my favorite community. :)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here