The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 6th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful

THE LAND OF THE MAPLE LEAF

A Club for Any and All Canadians!

Rules:

• Follow all PC rules!
  • Respect all members
  • Try to stay on topic
  • No spamming or trolling please.
  • Have fun!

How to Join:

Fill out this sign up sheet to join. Keep in mind that you must have some relation to Canada to join!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Example
Username: Exampler
Relation to Canada: I lived in Toronto for a couple years.
Favourite Province: Ontario
Reason for Joining (optional): I felt like it.
Its that simple. Here's my form.
Quote:
Username: Cosmotone8
Relation to Canada: Spent the first few years of my life in Canada, as well as having family that still lives there and siblings that were born there.
Favourite Province: Ontario, seeing as that is where I lived.
Reason for Joining (optional): Well, its kinda hard to make a club yet not join it. :P
Also, here is a userbar for the club.

Put it in your sig via copy and paste! :)
HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289612"][IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/77664354/Canada%20Userbar.png[/IMG][/URL]

Member List:

The member list is divided up into provinces, just so that people can get an idea where everyone lives/used to live. More provinces will be added as the member list expands.

Ontario

Cosmotone8 - Owner of Club
Kura
Scruffington
Clacla
TRIFORCE89
pokemanmdj

Quebec

LilJz123

Nova Scotia

Lightning
Destructor
Catalyst

British Columbia

Brendino
jerichob10
Daedalus

Alberta

FrozenWeaver
Team Fail

Saskatchewan

St33lDr4g0n

Newfoundland

Alakazam17

Feel free to hop right into the discussion after posting your sign-up form!

But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Last edited by Cosmotone8; March 14th, 2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Club owning purposes
Old October 8th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
YAYA I'd like to join!

Username: Kura
Relation to Canada: Born and lived in Toronto for 22 years~ Now I live in the UK on my own \o/!
Favorite Province: Ontario
Reason for Joining (optional): Showing my Canadian Maple-syrupy pride!

Usually my parents do a big dinner and everything for thanksgiving! My mom makes the best turkey stuffing! This year, like my signup thing said, I was in the UK so I didn't really celebrate.
I made myself a pizza though! Though I only ate 1/4th of it alongside some tomato soup! *pats belly* :3
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:08 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Username: LilJz1234
Relation to Canada: Born in Montreal, still living in it, and not planning to move from here
Favorite Province: Quebec
Reason for Joining (optional): Wanna meet more of Canadian PokeFellows
Old October 9th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Welcome to the club both of you! :) I've actually never been to Quebec tbh, but I've heard a lot of great things about it. As for Canadian Thanksgiving, there were 41 people here Sunday night xD. We still have a ton of leftovers to keep us busy for a while too.

Last edited by Cosmotone8; October 15th, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Username: Jerichob10 (call me jericho or jeri)
Relation to Canada: Lived in BC for a while. Then i moved to calgary, Then i moved back to BC
Favorite Province: BC
Reason for Joining (optional): Cuz im cool like that

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old October 9th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Scruffington
Unhatched Egg

Username: Scruffington
Relation to Canada: I was born in Nashville, Tennessee, in the USA. But I moved here to Canada at only a few months old, and have lived here for all 18 years of my life. :)
Favorite Province: Uhhh..well, I've only ever been to Ontario, so I guess it'd have to be that. But BC actually seems way better. Based off of what I've seen and heard, at least. >.>
Reason for Joining (optional): I'm Canadian. And I want to chill with other Canucks.
Old October 9th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Username: Brendino
Relation to Canada: I've lived in Canada my entire life, and on one side of my family, I think I'm a 6th or 7th generation Canadian.
Favorite Province: British Columbia
Reason for Joining (optional): I'm Canadian, eh, so I had to check out what this club was all aboot.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old October 13th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Who here has ever tried proper poutine or montreal smoked ham sandwich?

I like the former (who doesnt like fries, cheese, and gravy) but the latter can be a bit spicy because they always put peppercorn sauce on the outside when I try it!
Old October 13th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Username: Lightning (but call me Erica :3)
Relation to Canada: Very much Canadian in background (part-Métis, a little ways back!). Born in Toronto, lived in Edmonton from ages 2-6, Vancouver at 7 (we brought the snow from Edmonton with us... Vancouver got its largest record snowfall in like 40 years the one year we were there lmao), Halifax from 8-12, Toronto from 13-18, and I've mostly lived in Waterloo, ON from age 19 on.
Favorite Province: I really love living in Ontario, but I think my favourite province was Nova Scotia. It was so beautiful. Haven't been back there in years though. :(

Thanksgiving at my house last week was great. <3 We had lobster one night since we've done that every year since we moved to Nova Scotia and on Thanksgiving Monday we had an early lunch of cornish hens which are kind of like individual turkeys. Wish we'd had it later but my brother had to catch his flight back to Ottawa. I don't really do big meals early in the day so I kind of missed out on a lot of it because I was full so quickly. :'(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post

I like the former (who doesnt like fries, cheese, and gravy) but the latter can be a bit spicy because they always put peppercorn sauce on the outside when I try it!
I... actually don't like either of those! I'm not a fan of cheese which is why poutine is almost always a miss for me (although occasionally I'm good with it). Also don't like ham or smoked foods so... ;_;

My favourite Canadian foods are usually just treats and candy. Like butter tarts or Beavertails or nanaimo bars, etc. Or frozen maple syrup candy, although I'm not actually a fan of maple syrup normally? /bad Canadian

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old October 13th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post

Omg i love proper poutine, it is soo yummy, and is one of my favorite snack time foods!

Old October 15th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Welcome all new members! :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
My favourite Canadian foods are usually just treats and candy. Like butter tarts or Beavertails or nanaimo bars, etc. Or frozen maple syrup candy, although I'm not actually a fan of maple syrup normally? /bad Canadian
I love Canadian candy sooo much. xD Especially all the stuff that you can't get here in the states, like Aero and Caramilk. They're my two favorite candies, and you can't even get them here, which is why I get like a Jumbo Sized pack every time I go up to see family in Ontario.

Old October 20th, 2012, 09:41 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

I understand why not alot of people like poutine =P
Because when i travelled around USA and Canada, the poutine tasted horrible compared to the ones we have here in Quebec
Old October 20th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Username: Frostweaver

Relation to Canada: I lived in a freezer Edmonton. I currently attend the University of Alberta. West Edmonton Mall not exactly as interesting as it may sound (it's more of the same old same old... not that much to do there to be honest.)

Favorite Province: Alberta, probably cause I'm mostly here all my life within Canada. Moved here from asia since like grade 3 and is here since. Strangely enough, I only visited Toronto exactly once all this time XD;

Reason for Joining: Just cause =P

Poutine actually taste pretty decently but considering the health factors related to it, it's not exactly worth it to me XD;
Old October 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I still harbour a bit of resentment towards West Edmonton Mall since when I moved away from Edmonton, I was still way too short to ride any of the good roller coasters in the theme park. :'(

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old October 20th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

It's obviously time for a visit then this Christmas. I'll even pick you up from the airport =P It's not a bad park to play there once in the mall, but if you live there then it does grow to be boring unless there's friends/relatives who are coming along XD;

I should take a *proper* visit to Toronto honestly and visit people around there someday...
Old October 20th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
Username: Frostweaver

Relation to Canada: I lived in a freezer Edmonton. I currently attend the University of Alberta. West Edmonton Mall not exactly as interesting as it may sound (it's more of the same old same old... not that much to do there to be honest.)

Favorite Province: Alberta, probably cause I'm mostly here all my life within Canada. Moved here from asia since like grade 3 and is here since. Strangely enough, I only visited Toronto exactly once all this time XD;

Reason for Joining: Just cause =P

Poutine actually taste pretty decently but considering the health factors related to it, it's not exactly worth it to me XD;
Welcome to the club! :)
I've never actually had poutine before. What's it taste like?

Old October 20th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Username: Team Fail
Relation to Canada: I've lived in Alberta all my life~
Favorite Province: Alberta

I'm really surprised that so many people live(d) in Edmonton that are on PC. I think Jake once said he lived there as well. Myself, I live about 4 hours away NW of Edmonton, but I plan to head there for College in the next few years. As for foods, I've eaten a few poutines (GOOGLE CHROME SAYS IT'S SPELLED WRONG ASWDSKLD:JD:LKDJ) in my life, but I haven't found "the best" one yet.

Edit: 5900th post ayayayayay

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Welcome to the club! :3 I've heard good things about Alberta, but never actually been. :(
I feel like a bad Canadian right now. Never had poutine, never been to Alberta. xD

Old October 20th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Welcome to the club! :3 I've heard good things about Alberta, but never actually been. :(
I feel like a bad Canadian right now. Never had poutine, never been to Alberta. xD
I was at the West Edmonton Mall twice, and I had a lot of fun when I was there. I was also at the Tyrell Museum and that was the single coolest night of my life ever. I got to sleep INSIDE the museum. Where the exhibits were. Now that's something you don't get to say every day.

There's a bunch of other places I'd like to go here, though.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 20th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I didn't even know that you're allowed to sleep there XD;

And really nothing all that special about Alberta. You aren't missing out that much ;p I'm rather surprised where's all the Vancouver people? I imagined that there's lot more Vancouver PCers as it's a bigger city too. Hey if there's enough people in Alberta, we should have our own meetup sometime haha XD
Old October 20th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
I didn't even know that you're allowed to sleep there XD;

And really nothing all that special about Alberta. You aren't missing out that much ;p I'm rather surprised where's all the Vancouver people? I imagined that there's lot more Vancouver PCers as it's a bigger city too. Hey if there's enough people in Alberta, we should have our own meetup sometime haha XD
That'd be pretty fun tbh.

The only reason I got to be there was because I was with a scouts group and we had a trip to Southern Alberta. SO MUCH FUN.

Old October 20th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

XD if we're doing random meetups, will at least need contact info so it's not like meeting random strangers. I still feel bad that I missed the PCX by a week earlier...

Back to poutine earlier: I only tried them from new york fries on campus >_>; which probably doesn't count as "real" poutine. I stopped having them though cause they're just so bad for your health. I tried those maple syrup on ice and wrap it as candy though in Quebec. It's pretty unique though I can't say that it's all that special in taste.
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
XD if we're doing random meetups, will at least need contact info so it's not like meeting random strangers. I still feel bad that I missed the PCX by a week earlier...

Back to poutine earlier: I only tried them from new york fries on campus >_>; which probably doesn't count as "real" poutine. I stopped having them though cause they're just so bad for your health. I tried those maple syrup on ice and wrap it as candy though in Quebec. It's pretty unique though I can't say that it's all that special in taste.
Yeah. I've had NYF poutines and poutines that are served at the High School's cafeteria. Nothing really special though. But the Maple Syrup candies are something I have to try some day.

Old October 20th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

NYF Poutines are the best, i always go their to get their poutine when i go to the mall with my friends.

Old October 21st, 2012, 07:52 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichob10 View Post
NYF Poutines are the best, i always go their to get their poutine when i go to the mall with my friends.
Of all the poutines of theirs I tried, I like the plain old one the best. Their pulled pork one tastes kinda funny.

Anyways, if some of you don't know, today marks the one-year anniversary of the GP Comp Warriors tragedy. May they all rest in peace.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links