The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 24th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
I've got to say, I really haven't paid much attention to the media coverage surrounding the Prince's birth, especially since the monarchy is just symbolic at this point rather than having actual power. I'm just glad I'm not actually over in the UK, where basically their whole week has been taken over by it.

That aside, I guess it's kind of neat to see the birth of someone that'll be on all of our coins in 50 or 60 years (if they still exist, that is), but other than that, I don't treat it any differently than if some Hollywood celebrity just had a kid. And gossip and entertainment news always seems to outshine any "real news" anyways, so it's not like we're seeing anything new.

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
So tomorrow morning I'm setting off on a journey to Eastern Canada! Gonna visit the eastern peninsula of Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and PEI. No stop in Montreal unfortunately on the way there :\ But yeah! Shoutouts to all of you I don't know who live in Eastern Canada
Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:08 PM
Radiam
You're not even good enough to be my fake.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Not visiting Newfoundland?

I would understand if you don't, it's a boring crappy place. xD

-Radiam
Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:10 PM
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Aww mang you live there? It's far D: I'm going on a road trip, and my family doesn't plan on trekking through Ungava to get to Labrador. Would a ferry trip to NFLD take long?
Old August 24th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Please don't automatically think this is a double post ><

Quebec City is as beautiful as ever! Fredericton is pretty too. I went to the University of New Brunswick, cute little place, and I have to say the city is as bilingual as it gets. Going camping tomorrow!
Old August 28th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
Please don't automatically think this is a double post ><

Quebec City is as beautiful as ever! Fredericton is pretty too. I went to the University of New Brunswick, cute little place, and I have to say the city is as bilingual as it gets. Going camping tomorrow!
I'd love to go to New Brunswick. Perfect place to practice my French without having mobs of angry French people running after me because I can't speak it properly.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old August 31st, 2013, 10:19 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I never ran into anyone speaking French when I went to New Brunswick. I've been a few times, including one time when we drove back to NS from Quebec. :P Maybe I just wasn't paying attention because I was younger and couldn't speak French but I remember being really surprised when I learnt it was really the only bilingual province.

My roommate visited the Atlantic provinces the other week and I'm so jealous of him. ;_; I miss them so much, especially in the summertime.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old September 25th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Eevee
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
I'm a Canadian! :D

May I please sign up?

Username: Shimmer Mint
Relation to Canada: I was born and raised in Ontario all of my life. I've never lived anywhere else.
Favourite Province: Ontario
Reason for Joining (optional): I'm a Canadian :D

Old September 29th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

I don't know if the owner of the club is still around, but consider yourself in! I dunno if anything Canadian happened lately though
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:14 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Yeah, unfortunately Cosmo left PC back in March, so the main post is fairly outdated at this point (I know that we were supposed to vote on a new owner, but I don't think anything became of that).

And the only exciting thing happening right now is that hockey's back! (though, I know that it isn't that popular of a topic in this club). Oh, and our government hasn't put 800,000 people on unpaid leave because of squabbling, unlike a certain neighbour to the south.

Old October 1st, 2013, 12:34 PM
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Oh word, that's true. But there's this in the 2013 budget apparently:

Quote:
Some goods affected by these tariff increases include solid-state drives and USB devices (from no tariff to 6%), most of which are imported from China, South Korea, Thailand and Malaysia, four of the nations losing GPT status.
Are you ****ing kidding me? Please don't tax my electronic goods. Asia is the future. At least our budgetary deficits are measured in tens of billions instead of, you know, thousands.
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:39 PM
Eevee
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
Do any of you watch Battle of the Blades? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Blades

It's such a fun show to watch ^-^

Old October 1st, 2013, 12:41 PM
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

I don't have television D: Blame high telecom prices.
Old October 1st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

I was more excited about hearing the participants than anything, but none of them outside Anson Carter really interest me, so I probably won't watch it. I love the idea though, and would much rather watch that than Dancing with the Stars.

Old October 10th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Pickle-Spaghetti
Spread the bean buns

Nature: Sassy
As I am Canadian, I think it would be 100% mandatory I join this club :D

Username: Pickle-Spaghetti
Relation to Canada: I was born and raised here, I am living in alberta
Favourite Province: My FAVOURITE province? Well surpisingly not the one I'm living in. I much prefer BC the best
Reason for Joining (optional): I am Canadian and, well, i just felt like it yeah xD
Old November 9th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Can't let this die!

So, with the American Thanksgiving coming up later this month, I'm curious whether you guys think our early October holiday is better, or if you'd rather have a late November Thanksgiving, and all of the hoopla that comes with it (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc.).

Old November 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

October's nicer weather, that's for sure. Right now it's all grey and damp in Toronto.
Old November 9th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

I guess I always forget that Americans don't get Remembrance Day off as well, so it makes a little more sense to have one holiday in October and November, rather than 2 within a couple of weeks. While I'm sure a good number of people would take advantage of Black Friday, I'd much rather have it a little earlier on too, because November always seems to have poor weather (I think it's been sunny one day this month so far out west).

Old November 11th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Jay_Foxx
Author

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Jay_Foxx
Well aren't I the late-comer!

Username: Jay_37040
Relation to Canada: Born in Bracebridge, Ontario. Lived all my life in Ontario
Favorite Province: Ontario (The only province I've lived in.)
Reason for Joining (optional): To connect with other Canadians in these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
October's nicer weather, that's for sure. Right now it's all grey and damp in Toronto.
I never complain about inclement weather... it's perfect for Pokemon gaming. Although recently I've spent more time writing. Currently working on an ebook fan fiction and putting the finishing touches on my second novel which I hope to publish soon. Cross-fingers. The more bleak the weather, the more I get done, so bring on the rainy days!

Dark-Type Safari

Personal Website
Canadaquaria Forum nScale.net
"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi

Last edited by Jay_Foxx; November 11th, 2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old November 11th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

You are the latecomer :< You're probably one of the first members I found out about who actually are Canadian!
Old November 15th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Jay_Foxx
Author

Ah well. Better late than never, right? It just never occurred to me to look for a Canadian group as the vast majority on here are from the U.S. and I've only talked to a tiny number who are actually in Canada.

Dark-Type Safari

Personal Website
"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

There used to be a lot more Canadians here but now I think the most represented Commonwealth country on PC is Australia. :( We need to step it up!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
I guess I always forget that Americans don't get Remembrance Day off as well, so it makes a little more sense to have one holiday in October and November, rather than 2 within a couple of weeks. While I'm sure a good number of people would take advantage of Black Friday, I'd much rather have it a little earlier on too, because November always seems to have poor weather (I think it's been sunny one day this month so far out west).
A fair bit of Canada doesn't get Remembrance Day off either, actually. It's not a stat holiday here in Ontario and while I remember it being one when I lived in Nova Scotia, apparently it's not a stat holiday there anymore either. :( It doesn't really make a big difference to me either way but it would be nice to have it off as a holiday... both because I like days off and I remember when I was younger, my family would always go out of our way to go to a Remembrance Day ceremony when all of us had the day off, so I like to think I would do the same with a day off now. (I can't in good faith say that I would, though, since I don't think I was even AWAKE for 11am this year and that's when they hold them... >>)

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old November 27th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Jay_Foxx
Author

Hmmm, what did I do this Rememberance Day? Oh yeah, worked on my model railroad, did some Pokemon gaming, wrote a chapter and did some shopping. A pretty normal day off for me. I think if the day were made into a stat holiday, the only thing that would probably change would be the shopping part. Since everything except variety stores would be closed, I wouldn't be able to do much that's for sure.

I'm all for more stat holidays. I'm just not so much a fan of the religious stat holidays since I'm not religious. But even so, I resent the fact that only certain religious holidays are accepted, namely the Christian ones, and that the religious holidays of other religions barely get any recognition. I would prefer it if either all religious holidays are observed or none of them are. It's only fair.

Dark-Type Safari

Personal Website
Old November 29th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrim View Post
A fair bit of Canada doesn't get Remembrance Day off either, actually. It's not a stat holiday here in Ontario and while I remember it being one when I lived in Nova Scotia, apparently it's not a stat holiday there anymore either. :( It doesn't really make a big difference to me either way but it would be nice to have it off as a holiday... both because I like days off and I remember when I was younger, my family would always go out of our way to go to a Remembrance Day ceremony when all of us had the day off, so I like to think I would do the same with a day off now. (I can't in good faith say that I would, though, since I don't think I was even AWAKE for 11am this year and that's when they hold them... >>)
Hmm... you learn something new everyday. I could've swore that it was one of the few stat holidays that was Canada-wide, but I've never lived outside of BC, so I guess I wouldn't know any better. You'd think with the long stretch between Thanksgiving in early October and Christmas in late December, they'd throw one day off in there.

And I really wish that Black Friday sales were something that stayed south of the border. I'm sure that a lot of people are going to get some decent deals, but I'm definitely not looking forward to working during it tomorrow.

Old November 29th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Some of the tech companies manage to ooze their Canadian markets some love. I just got $200 off a Thinkpad yesterday. Couldn't manage to find anything like that for Dell or Toshiba though :\
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links