Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge
Reload this Page The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center [Read first post!]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Closed Thread

Old October 16th, 2012 (01:26 PM).
<---- MAH WAIFU :3

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to DaydreamsAway
Quote:
I'd love to take you on for ROM Hacking, but I'm a little full right now with other mentees, but I believe Leaf Storm might be able to take you instead since she should be available. :3 Would you be interested?

Sadly, the other two Emulation mentors are currently busy/unavailable. D:
Yep! Sure I'll take anyone as my mentor haha
Old October 16th, 2012 (03:09 PM).
Getting Back into Pokemon

Nature: Careful
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Well, here goes...

1. What section/board are you most interested in? I'm interested in the Black & White and Diamond & Pearl boards, as I haven't played those games yet...
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? I guess I'm more curious in the Trading Card Game section... though the anime and fan fiction sections look fun.
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I'd like to get caught up on what I have missed out on in the Pokemon world since I stopped playing in November 2007... Two new regions, two new generations, several new games - I think I'm going to need more than just Bulbapedia for this... ;;

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Some explanation on terms: Do what... & Love is... | 93 | Aiwass | Holy Guardian Angel
Getting back into Pokemon after 5 years of being out of it... this is going to be a hard learning curve...
Here is what I look like, in case you were curious.
Babalon is my mother, and she loves me.
I'm an initiate of a secret society... Hmm, do secret societies have websites?
Old October 16th, 2012 (04:43 PM).
Administrator
CS

Contacted you both, Nano and Daydream! n_n

Quote originally posted by 93Aiwass:

Well, here goes...

1. What section/board are you most interested in? I'm interested in the Black & White and Diamond & Pearl boards, as I haven't played those games yet...
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? I guess I'm more curious in the Trading Card Game section... though the anime and fan fiction sections look fun.
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I'd like to get caught up on what I have missed out on in the Pokemon world since I stopped playing in November 2007... Two new regions, two new generations, several new games - I think I'm going to need more than just Bulbapedia for this... ^_^;;

If you're mostly interested in B/W and D/P/Pt (4th Generation Games), I'd love to take you on for both sections! :D I'd love to provide assistance if you get curious about the TCG/Anime sections, as well.
Old October 16th, 2012 (04:45 PM).

Quote originally posted by Cirno:
Contacted you both, Nano and Daydream! n_n

If you're mostly interested in B/W and D/P/Pt (4th Generation Games), I'd love to take you on for both sections! :D

Sure.

Hmm, on Bulbapedia, it says that B/W is a 5th Generation Game... Were they wrong? O.o

Some explanation on terms: Do what... & Love is... | 93 | Aiwass | Holy Guardian Angel
Getting back into Pokemon after 5 years of being out of it... this is going to be a hard learning curve...
Old October 16th, 2012 (04:50 PM).
Administrator
CS

Quote originally posted by 93Aiwass:

Sure. ^_^

Hmm, on Bulbapedia, it says that B/W is a 5th Generation Game... Were they wrong? O.o

B/W is indeed a 5th generation game, actually!

But anyway, as your mentor, I'll contact you now and we can talk more. :3
Old October 16th, 2012 (04:53 PM).

B/W is indeed a 5th generation game, actually!

But anyway, as your mentor, I'll contact you now and we can talk more. :3

Sweet. Thanks a heap!

Old October 16th, 2012 (07:23 PM).
Banned

Nature: Brave
1. what section/board are you most interested in?
well i am fond of spriting so the Art and design is of interest i did make a sprite shop already but i would still like to learn more

2.what other section/boards do you want to venture in and learn more about?
well to be honest i dont know, anything would work i guess maybe the Other Clubs section

3. are there any specific things you would like to do while your here?
well i would like to learn how to make better sprites and just have fun
Old October 16th, 2012 (07:27 PM).
Administrator
CS

Quote originally posted by DragonRider42:
well i am fond of spriting so the Art and design is of interest i did make a sprite shop already but i would still like to learn more

well to be honest i dont know, anything would work i guess maybe the Other Clubs section

well i would like to learn how to make better sprites and just have fun :)
I'd love to take you on for the Art & Design section, I'm an artist myself and have been posting there for almost a year now! I'll go ahead and contact you now. :D
Old October 16th, 2012 (07:28 PM).
Banned

okay thanks this is gonna be fun
Old October 16th, 2012 (08:52 PM).

Nature: Calm
Quick Trades just to update Pokedex FOr Gen 5 BW 1 and 2

How to Hunt Shiny Pokemon

Learn to EV Train Pokemon to Do Battles without Getting Destroyed By Ohter EV Pokemon
Old October 17th, 2012 (04:28 AM).
Administrator
CS

Quote originally posted by Schultzkid92:
Quick Trades just to update Pokedex FOr Gen 5 BW 1 and 2

How to Hunt Shiny Pokemon

Learn to EV Train Pokemon to Do Battles without Getting Destroyed By Ohter EV Pokemon
It seems like you're more interested in someone to help you with the games, which you probably can't get here, sadly. Mentors focus mostly on helping teach you about the forum and its sections! They'd give you advice on where specific things are located in the section of your choice, help you out in finding threads there, and perhaps even provide some tips on trading or battling (depending on what section you picked), but it's mostly focused on the forum itself.

If you're interested and looking for a Trade Corner mentor, Livewire and TwilightBlade are currently available to mentor. There's also Forever and PlatinumDude for the Battle Center! Which one would you prefer?
Old October 17th, 2012 (07:58 AM). Edited October 17th, 2012 by IStreamSandwich.
Karen Gillan <3
Gold Tier

1. What section/board are you most interested in? Well, the Art and Design board seems to appeal a little bit as I like fusing Pokemon together on Photoshop, and maybe developing my skills in avatar/signature making!

2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? I think the Rom Hacking and Emulation boards would be good to learn about. Maybe i'll be able to finally work out how to record my DS Emulator and split the screens for upload onto youtube. Currently i record and you can hardly see anything as its squashed.

3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Just roam, including myself into as much as I can and making a few friends while i'm at it
Old October 17th, 2012 (08:11 AM).

It seems like you're more interested in someone to help you with the games, which you probably can't get here, sadly. Mentors focus mostly on helping teach you about the forum and its sections! They'd give you advice on where specific things are located in the section of your choice, help you out in finding threads there, and perhaps even provide some tips on trading or battling (depending on what section you picked), but it's mostly focused on the forum itself.

If you're interested and looking for a Trade Corner mentor, Livewire and TwilightBlade are currently available to mentor. There's also Forever and PlatinumDude for the Battle Center! Which one would you prefer?

trade Corner Sounds Good ok

Gen IV
Heart Gold 2881-7475-9472
Soul Silver 2323-0991-2080
Platinum 0004-3991 5626

Gen V
White 3483-0416-3209
Black 3440-1006-51119
Black 2 1163-7530-2715
Old October 17th, 2012 (04:09 PM).
Administrator
CS

Quote originally posted by PokeInfuse:
1. What section/board are you most interested in? Well, the Art and Design board seems to appeal a little bit as I like fusing Pokemon together on Photoshop, and maybe developing my skills in avatar/signature making!

2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? I think the Rom Hacking and Emulation boards would be good to learn about. Maybe i'll be able to finally work out how to record my DS Emulator and split the screens for upload onto youtube. Currently i record and you can hardly see anything as its squashed.

3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Just roam, including myself into as much as I can and making a few friends while i'm at it :)
I'd be more than happy to take you on for Art & Design since the other mentor is quite busy right now, as well as Emulation! Would that be okay with you? ^^

trade Corner Sounds Good ok
All righty! Would you prefer TwilightBlade or Livewire for Trade Corner? Feel free to read their bios in the 2nd post of this thread to see who you'd be more compatible with!
Old October 17th, 2012 (04:39 PM).

Nature: Naughty
1. What section/board are you most interested in?
I still don't know because I still didn't explore the whole site.
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
The Battle Center.
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
Read some topics or posts about the Current Generation Pokemon Gaming
Old October 17th, 2012 (04:44 PM).
Administrator
CS

Quote originally posted by sn0wbreeze:
I still don't know because I still didn't explore the whole site.
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
The Battle Center.
Read some topics or posts about the Current Generation Pokemon Gaming
So are you interested for a mentor in the Battle Center? If so, we have Forever and PlatinumDude who would love to show you around there! If not, you're free to browse around the site for a bit more to figure out what section you'd be most interested in, and just reapply when you're ready. :D
Old October 17th, 2012 (05:46 PM).
Karen Gillan <3
Gold Tier

I'd be more than happy to take you on for Art & Design since the other mentor is quite busy right now, as well as Emulation! Would that be okay with you?
Of course it would ! :3
Im GMT if that helps. I'm just off to bed now !
Old October 17th, 2012 (07:42 PM).

I'd be more than happy to take you on for Art & Design since the other mentor is quite busy right now, as well as Emulation! Would that be okay with you?

All righty! Would you prefer TwilightBlade or Livewire for Trade Corner? Feel free to read their bios in the 2nd post of this thread to see who you'd be more compatible with!

From what i Read TwilightBlade She Seems to know alot with her 7,000 Trades

Gen IV
Heart Gold 2881-7475-9472
Soul Silver 2323-0991-2080
Platinum 0004-3991 5626

Gen V
White 3483-0416-3209
Black 3440-1006-51119
Black 2 1163-7530-2715
Old October 18th, 2012 (07:49 AM).
Administrator
CS

From what i Read TwilightBlade She Seems to know alot with her 7,000 Trades
I've contacted Blade; all we have to do is wait until she replies! I'll let you know as soon as possible. :3
Old October 19th, 2012 (07:44 AM).

Nature: Rash
1. What section/board are you most interested in? For this I had to go and look what sort of sections this site had. I'm probably most interested in joining Roleplaying section, since it sounds like a lot of fun.
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Challenges. Simply. Maybe spinoff games too, since I love Mystery Dungeons
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? If I just knew what all is here, I'd tell you. But since this is my first forum, it's hard to say.

Halipoke, blasting off!
Old October 19th, 2012 (02:27 PM).
Administrator
CS

Quote originally posted by Halipoke:
1. What section/board are you most interested in? For this I had to go and look what sort of sections this site had. I'm probably most interested in joining Roleplaying section, since it sounds like a lot of fun.
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Challenges. Simply. Maybe spinoff games too, since I love Mystery Dungeons
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? If I just knew what all is here, I'd tell you. But since this is my first forum, it's hard to say.

Halipoke, blasting off!
We have PkMn Trainer Yellow for the Roleplay Corner as well as bobandbill for both Challenges and Spinoffs. Who would you prefer? :D
Old October 20th, 2012 (04:04 AM).

Nature: Rash
We have PkMn Trainer Yellow for the Roleplay Corner as well as bobandbill for both Challenges and Spinoffs. Who would you prefer? :D
Oh dear, I'm not sure :o I sure am more interested in the RP side so I suppose it's PkMn Trainer Yellow in that case :'D
Old October 21st, 2012 (06:41 AM).
Rival

I have Black, and Black 2 currently. My other games were stolen. But mostly in the Unova section or Battle section

I was wondering if you guys have a section that has wifi battlers as Gym Leaders that we could face.

Like my above topic. I want to see how people use their specialty types and stuff. But if there's nothing for that, I want someone that could help me construct a good team based on Gary Oak's pokemon. Movesets, etc.
Old October 21st, 2012 (08:38 AM).
Administrator
CS

Contacted you, Halipoke!

Quote originally posted by Trainer Blue™:

I have Black, and Black 2 currently. My other games were stolen. But mostly in the Unova section or Battle section

I was wondering if you guys have a section that has wifi battlers as Gym Leaders that we could face.

Like my above topic. I want to see how people use their specialty types and stuff. But if there's nothing for that, I want someone that could help me construct a good team based on Gary Oak's pokemon. Movesets, etc.
I do not believe we have official member gym leaders you could face off here besides the occasional event hosted by a member where you can become a leader pops up, but we do have tournaments you can participate in, as seen in the Tournaments & Events subforum!

If you're interested, we have Forever for both Black & White and Battle Center, as well as Jellicent♀ for Black 2 and White 2. It sounds like Forever would be best for you going off your interests, but it's entirely up to you. ^^ Who would you prefer?
Old October 21st, 2012 (08:51 AM).

Um, I'm confused. How do you get a mentor?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links