Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 17th, 2012 (08:50 AM).
Sheep
pretty princess

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by PokemonDragon:
Well, after watching their ''About me'' sections, I'll pick Leaf Storm.
All right, I've gone ahead and contacted Megan, so either myself or her will get back to you soon! <3

da best | family | my star | twin
Old December 17th, 2012 (08:54 AM).
PokemonDragon

Quote originally posted by Cirno:
All right, I've gone ahead and contacted Megan, so either myself or her will get back to you soon! <3
All right, thank you very much.
Old December 17th, 2012 (09:53 AM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

Nature: Brave
Guess I can fit in one mentee :D

HAY THERE dude! I'll send you a PM right away~
that lights up the dark.
Old December 19th, 2012 (09:28 AM). Edited December 19th, 2012 by ThatSuperHappyCloud.
ThatSuperHappyCloud
Cloud

Nature: Serious
Intro: Hey im Mitch im a 14 year old secondary school student in my 9th year, I live in the north east of England. My intrests are video games and anime I also enjoy some sports. My goals in the future are to be a established author and a animator for things like games and cartoons, obviously I know these careers may be difficult to co exist so i have to make a choice soon, i also love to draw.

1. i like most Pokemon gamers now am playing black\white 2 so im untreated in joining in on the fourms for that but also just joining in Pokemon games discussions in general

2. Id like to join a animation disscussion as there is a lot I need to learn, im also interested in writing.

3. Make friends, learn more about animation and art, also in the next week once my 3ds is here and my team is done ill be joint in black/white 2 WiFi battles.

Added info: obviously as a student I have to go to school and I would prefer not to come online early morning before school so im avalible and time after 3:30pm UK time quick is 8:30 in the U.S for states in the same area as Kineticut (that's all I know on us times) I stay up late so ill be avalible alot. I also acess PC over my phone so anywere I am I can log on

As a added info the mentors I like the look of are cirno, kura and leaf storm
Old December 19th, 2012 (09:35 AM).
Sheep
pretty princess

Quote originally posted by ThatSuperHappyCloud:
Intro: Hey im Mitch im a 14 year old secondary school student in my 9th year, I live in the north east of England. My intrests are video games and anime I also enjoy some sports. My goals in the future are to be a established author and a animator for things like games and cartoons, obviously I know these careers may be difficult to co exist so i have to make a choice soon, i also love to draw.

1. i like most Pokemon gamers now am playing black\white 2 so im untreated in joining in on the fourms for that but also just joining in Pokemon games discussions in general

2. Id like to join a animation disscussion as there is a lot I need to learn, im also interested in writing.

3. Make friends, learn more about animation and art, also in the next week once my 3ds is here and my team is done ill be joint in black/white 2 WiFi battles.

Added info: obviously as a student I have to go to school and I would prefer not to come online early morning before school so im avalible and time after 3:30pm UK time quick is 8:30 in the U.S for states in the same area as Kineticut (that's all I know on us times) I stay up late so ill be avalible alot. I also acess PC over my phone so anywere I am I can log on

As a added info the mentors I like the look of are cirno, kura and leaf storm
Hey Mitch! :3 Leaf Storm is a bit busy with other mentees right now, but I can ask Kura about taking you on if that'd be all right with you! I'll get back to you as soon as she replies. ^^

Old December 19th, 2012 (09:49 AM).
ThatSuperHappyCloud
Cloud

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Cirno:
Hey Mitch! :3 Leaf Storm is a bit busy with other mentees right now, but I can ask Kura about taking you on if that'd be all right with you! I'll get back to you as soon as she replies.
ye that'll be great, with her 3d animation experience and since she lives in my tome zone it should be awesome
Old December 19th, 2012 (04:02 PM).
Danoon21
Unhatched Egg

What topics am i most interested in? mainly i play just the original games and just want some tips on those, and some help with my team. For example right now i am playing pokemon silver and could use some others opinions.
Old December 20th, 2012 (10:30 AM).
CobaltChrome
Unhatched Egg

1. What section/board are you most interested in?
I'm most interested in learning about the Emulation and ROM Hacking part of the forums, because I like to play the games with challenges, and sometimes you can get bored of the same plot over and over, so fan-made games often appeal to me.
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
Well, as I said, I really want to learn about ROM Hacking, but I suppose I'd also quite like to check out the Art boards.
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
Well, I'd like to get trading and battling, because I'm pretty good at those things, and I like participating in anime chats and just generally about pokemon.

I'm not really fussed who's my mentor, as long as I get someone who can help me understand Emulation. Thank you
Old December 20th, 2012 (05:19 PM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

Nature: Brave
Actually, I am available to take in a few mentees! :)

Quote originally posted by Danoon21:
What topics am i most interested in? mainly i play just the original games and just want some tips on those, and some help with my team. For example right now i am playing pokemon silver and could use some others opinions.
So, you're saying you like the older games? And you want team help for that? If you mainly interested in team help (whether it'd be competitive or casual), then I say Forever and PlatinumDude are good choices to help you with your team, and maybe learn more about team building. ;)

If you're more interested in the games you're playing right now, then Cirno would suggest Sydian & bobandbill, as they are both mentors of General Pokemon Gaming sections. :)

Quote originally posted by CobaltChrome:
I'm most interested in learning about the Emulation and ROM Hacking part of the forums, because I like to play the games with challenges, and sometimes you can get bored of the same plot over and over, so fan-made games often appeal to me.
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
Well, as I said, I really want to learn about ROM Hacking, but I suppose I'd also quite like to check out the Art boards.
Well, I'd like to get trading and battling, because I'm pretty good at those things, and I like participating in anime chats and just generally about pokemon.

I'm not really fussed who's my mentor, as long as I get someone who can help me understand Emulation. Thank you :)
For emulation (judging by the mentor list), DrFuji and atif are available to help you out with that as well as show you around the Emulation sections. I'm also up for showing you around Emulation if you more into learning how the ROM hacking sections work. So, really...it's all up to you. :P
that lights up the dark.
Old December 21st, 2012 (05:32 AM).
CobaltChrome
Unhatched Egg

Can I be mentored by DrFuji then please?
Old December 21st, 2012 (01:19 PM).
Sheep
pretty princess

Ahh sorry for the slow reply, guys! I had some internet problems and the new router just came in, so I'm back in action~

Quote originally posted by Danoon21:
Like Leaf Storm said, I think Forever and PlatinumDude would be excellent mentors for team-related/Battle Center help, though there's also bobandbill/Sydian for the older generations. :3 Take your pick!

Can I be mentored by DrFuji then please?
Sure thing, I'll go ask him now and let you know ASAP! ^^

Old December 26th, 2012 (06:23 PM).
BlackBloodWizard
Unhatched Egg

Trading probably, I'd really like to try to accumulate some specific pokemon and items to try to get the most out of my game.

Maybe competitive battling, and maybe even roleplay!

get pokemons, meet likeminded people, have fun.
Old December 26th, 2012 (06:37 PM).
Sheep
pretty princess

Quote originally posted by BlackBloodWizard:

Trading probably, I'd really like to try to accumulate some specific pokemon and items to try to get the most out of my game.

Maybe competitive battling, and maybe even roleplay!

get pokemons, meet likeminded people, have fun.
TwilightBlade might be open for the Trade Corner right now if you'd like someone to show you around that section, but there's also PlatinumDude and Forever for Battle Center, as well as Miss Doronjo and Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers for Roleplay Corner. :D Who would you like?

Old December 26th, 2012 (07:29 PM).
BlackBloodWizard
Unhatched Egg

TwilightBlade please! =Un.nU= and I will try my darnedest to not refer to Blade as TwilightSparkle :3 *giggles*

Unless of course Blade enjoys the nickname *crosses finger hopefully*

I'm only teasing! :D... maybe.
Old December 27th, 2012 (11:40 AM).
TwilightBlade
Protect his very soul.

Quote originally posted by BlackBloodWizard:
TwilightBlade please! =Un.nU= and I will try my darnedest to not refer to Blade as TwilightSparkle :3 *giggles*

Unless of course Blade enjoys the nickname *crosses finger hopefully*

I'm only teasing! :D... maybe.
Hi there, I can adopt you and help you out in Trade. I'll send you my contacts. :)

I've watched a bit of My Little Pony, so I wouldn't particularly mind being called after the studious one. :P

Old December 27th, 2012 (01:02 PM).
BlackBloodWizard
Unhatched Egg

Hooray! =Un.nU= I'm so excited! *huggles*
Old December 27th, 2012 (01:04 PM).
CobaltChrome
Unhatched Egg

Hey, I've still not been contacted by DrFuji. Should I try to contact him?
Old December 27th, 2012 (01:06 PM).
Sheep
pretty princess

Hey, I've still not been contacted by DrFuji. Should I try to contact him?
He might just be busy, but I could get in contact with atif, our other Emulation mentor, for you. D: Sorry about that! I'll ask Fuji again if he's available since he might have missed the message and if neither him nor atif are available, I can take you on. ^^

Old December 27th, 2012 (01:13 PM).
CobaltChrome
Unhatched Egg

Ok, that sounds great!
Old December 27th, 2012 (09:42 PM). Edited December 27th, 2012 by Kirito-kun.
Kirito-kun
~Minecraft Pokemon NerveGear Developer~

Nature: Gentle

i'm really interested in all boards but BW2 battling and trading seems to catch my interest

2.What other section/board do you want to learn more about?
Role-playing section and hacking.

Meet alot of people and having fun
Old December 27th, 2012 (10:44 PM).
Shadow Wolf
Alpha Wolf

Nature: Docile

Emulation

Rom hacking more specific scripting

to get on some team rom hacking

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 28th, 2012 (03:53 AM).
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Not sure if breaking any rules here tbh. I did apply for the Art and Design section but haven't really done much there. At all. But this is something i'm VERY interested in as i received a DSi for Christmas

I'm not sure which section it would be. I want to learn all about EV Training/IV Training/Natures/Hidden Abilities and all things like that to make my Pokemon unique and valuable.
Anything to do with the above.
Again, anything from the above.
Old December 28th, 2012 (08:39 AM).
Sheep
pretty princess

Quote originally posted by Kirito-kun:

i'm really interested in all boards but BW2 battling and trading seems to catch my interest

Role-playing section and hacking.

Meet alot of people and having fun
We have Jellicent♀ available for Black 2 and White 2, PlatinumDude and Forever for Battle Center, and Sydian, TwilightBlade, and Livewire for Trade Corner. :3 Would you like any of them since those three sections seem to be your primary interests?

Quote originally posted by Holy Wolf:

Emulation

Rom hacking more specific scripting

to get on some team rom hacking
Atif should be open for Emulation, I'll get in contact with him and reply to you soon! Just make sure you don't only want an Emulation mentor to help you with your hack since they're supposed to be for helping you around the section. ^^

Quote originally posted by PokeInfuse:
Not sure if breaking any rules here tbh. I did apply for the Art and Design section but haven't really done much there. At all. But this is something i'm VERY interested in as i received a DSi for Christmas :P

I'm not sure which section it would be. I want to learn all about EV Training/IV Training/Natures/Hidden Abilities and all things like that to make my Pokemon unique and valuable.
Anything to do with the above.
Again, anything from the above.
Sadly you can't change mentors, but since I was your original mentor and am a global mentor, I can go ahead and teach you about the Trade Corner/Battle Center since they have to do with IVs/EVs/training and the like. :3

Old December 28th, 2012 (08:46 AM).
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Oh joy
I am interested as EV/IV trained Pokemon seem to be the most traded. That or untouched special pokemon or whatever.
I look forward to chatting soon
Old December 28th, 2012 (10:08 AM).
Timeboy10
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Timeboy10
Hey guys, just made this today, kinda need help with the forum for makin new friends and stuff, trainin my pokemon and makin my star team
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links