Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse
Reload this Page That person is on PC!!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Old October 21st, 2012 (09:06 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
You're sitting in a public area - a library, a cafe of sorts that allows internet, a classroom, whatever it may be. You turn your attention toward someone who just opened their browser sitting in front of you. They enter pokecommunity.com into their URL bar and PC loads. You get a little excited to see someone offline visiting the same site that you visit. You can't make out who they are when they log on, because the brightness of their monitor is too dull for you to make out their name. What do you do?
Old October 21st, 2012 (09:39 AM).
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I wouldn't really want to approach them because I don't want them to know that I was intruding on their privacy, but I'd find out by casually passing by or using a zoom lens to figure out who they were..
Old October 21st, 2012 (10:07 AM).
ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
I probably wouldn't say anything, because I have anxiety and have trouble starting up conversations. :( Plus, I wouldn't want them to think I've been watching them or something.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Twitter
Previously Eeveon
Old October 21st, 2012 (10:16 AM).
Fly to the Clouds!

Nature: Jolly
I would run up to them and tap their shoulder. Then I'd point to the URL, and give them a thumbs up.

Old October 21st, 2012 (10:17 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Eeveon:
I probably wouldn't say anything, because I have anxiety and have trouble starting up conversations. Plus, I wouldn't want them to think I've been watching them or something.
These are my exact feelings on this matter.

tumblr.
Old October 21st, 2012 (10:31 AM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
...I would probably say something, just because that's never actually happened to me before and it sounds kind of exciting lol. I've met people and gotten talking to them only to find out they were on the same forum as me (not PC but I was a mod at the other forum at the time) and that was pretty neat so I wouldn't mind it happening again.

But at the same time I wouldn't want to come off as bragging or anything so I might just try to ignore it. Probably not, though.

I guess I could also snoop the IP of everyone online and try to find them that way, too. If we were in the same room we're probably connected to the same internet. :P Yay admin cheating!
Old October 21st, 2012 (10:36 AM).
I need no introduction.

Nature: Serious
If it was in my hometown, then no, I wouldn't approach them at all. If it was elsewhere, and they seemed to be a good person, then I would tap them on the shoulder, and say that I was on there also. If they asked, I would give them my username.
Old October 21st, 2012 (10:52 AM).
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
I'd say something! I've met many an awesome person here on this site, so I'd just be like "Oh not to be rude or anything but I noticed you were on this forum and I like PC a lot too! Hope you're enjoying it as much as I am." If they want to ask about usernames or whatever after then I'd take the convo further and judge from there, but otherwise I'd probably just say that.
Old October 21st, 2012 (11:03 AM).
Bellossom

I'd be quiet but find an excuse to walk past them, taking a glance at their username. If I recognise them then I'll probably tell them who I am but otherwise, I'd keep quiet about it. I'd probably go visit their profile and introduce myself on here and then maybe get to know them a bit more afterwards though!
Old October 21st, 2012 (11:08 AM).
The cute team Aqua member

Nature: Naughty
I would not say anything as I am a very shy person in a social area. Anyway it be noisy going into someone's business.
Old October 21st, 2012 (11:44 AM).
Gold Tier

I dont think I would say anything. I wouldnt want to freak them out or invade their privacy.
Old October 21st, 2012 (01:10 PM).
shotgun rider
CS

Nature: Brave
Oh my gosh, I'd totally come up to them and say something. It's also coincidence! I'd be ttly tell them that he/she's not the only person that goes on PC. Instant friendship right there tbh! xD
Old October 21st, 2012 (01:25 PM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
Assuming there aren't a ton of people around, I'd definitely go up and talk to them. XD; Would be awesome to make a friend in real life through noticing that we visited the same website; it's never happened to me before and I'd be ecstatic to see it!
Old October 21st, 2012 (02:49 PM).
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
I'd be way too shy to actually approach them, and there would always be the chance that they weren't on PC for anything other than hacks, so it might not be something I'd really gain anything out of. I'd rather try to make out what their username was and contact them through PC, get to know them through here, and then if it was someone who went to my school or lived nearby or something, possibly just telling them through there and arranging to meet up or something. That'd be a lot less awkward in my opinion, and since I'm a person who doesn't like to be approached by strangers, I'm most definitely not a person to do something like that myself xD

Old October 21st, 2012 (03:07 PM).
Momentai :D

Nature: Quirky
I'd go sit at a computer near them and load up PC too so then it's up to them to casually look over to my screen and start the conversation. :D I'd make sure to load up my profile constantly too so they'd know who I am; that way they can say hi after if they were too shy before. n.n
Old October 21st, 2012 (03:11 PM).
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

Nature: Timid
"Hi, I'm Sydian. I've probably been an ass to you if you've ever posted in General Pokemon Gaming Discussions. Razor Leaf is my child. I met Mr Cat Dog in London. Patchisou Yutohru is my secret lover. So what's your username?"

...Is what I'd want to say but not say it!!! I'd probably just try to make my laptop (if I have it with me) as noticeable as possible so that they could see that I'm on PC as well and maybe they'd approach me instead lol. I'm way to shy to go up to someone like that though. Maybe on a good day, I would. Or if they were really attractive. Yeeeah. Attractive. Mmmm.

happily received
Old October 21st, 2012 (06:32 PM).
i will always love you sid,
CS

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to LORD ANTE
I would make the situation much more awkward than it would need to be if I were to engage them, but that would require working up the courage to even talk to them in the first place! Though, I might try to see their username and then log on myself and send them a private message and say that I'm in the same room as them. Of course, that could make it even more awkward, but I don't feel there's any other way to go about the situation! No matter what, though, I would try to somehow meet them because meeting anyone in real life I know online would be a treat on any occasion.
Old October 21st, 2012 (06:42 PM).
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I'd be too shy to approach them, but it would be pretty exciting anyways. I would probably try to make out their username and send a message if anything.

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

tumblr| instagram| twitter
Old October 21st, 2012 (06:44 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I would probably be excited on PC but not actually say anything to them because that's SOO awkward. :(

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old October 21st, 2012 (06:47 PM).
FRIGID ✦ COFFIN
CS

Nature: Gentle
I'm too shy to approach them. With any luck they would catch me browsing PC and walk up to me instead of the other way around.
reduced activity
Credit
Old October 21st, 2012 (07:43 PM).
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I used to go to GameFAQs all the time. One time I saw someone open up the site.

I didn't care.

With PC, though, it would be different, as this is a special-interest site that has a small amount of the userbase that GameFAQs has, and that would be rather interesting. I'd probably be beside myself with excitement, they'd turn and look at me weird, and I'd be like "Uh, sorry, I'm just surprised... but we're visiting the same site right now" or something like that.

I would find out who they were. If they were a lurker or someone somewhat obsessively active like I am. Etc. They'd probably know me - if they've been around these past two weeks.

The thing, though, that makes me doubt this would happen is that I really don't use the Internet in public much. I'm mostly someone who stays in the comforts of his own bedroom, as opposed to going to Starbucks or the library. It's just better for me that way. Though I am much more productive if I'm not on my own computer :-X

Credit to whomever drew that Hilda picture. Lemme know if that's you.

~*~ 3DS FC: 3540-0366-4191 ||| Mii name: Andy ||| IGN: Amanda ~*~
Old October 21st, 2012 (08:07 PM).

I probably wouldn't do anything...maybe take a peek at their screen while walking out.
Old October 21st, 2012 (08:13 PM).
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Silver Tier

Nature: Lax
Ideally, I'd either let them be, or try to be polite and say "hey I got there too nice to meet you."

Realistically, I'd probably be something like me creeping up to them, getting way too close to comfort, and going "are you visiting PC? OMGIMODTHEREI'MSAMMI-SANNICETOMEETYOU"

I am far more socially awkward irl than I'd ever let on, if it's something that interests me. Social skills and I do not get along. >__>
Old October 21st, 2012 (08:20 PM).
mmm gurl that 90s
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
woo!

um...I would look, make them feel awkward, and then just leave.

That's what i always do.

Oh! And don't forget that I'll remember to memorize their name and username so it's like "hey bob nice to meet you! You know that guy who was creepily standing over you at lunch? Yeah, that's me!" and then they would all be like "oh ****" and go to their ignore list and hm...

But so far that hasn't happened so I'm good!

Old October 21st, 2012 (09:32 PM).
tempus fugit
Administrator
CS

Nature: Gentle
Oh my god I've totally thought about this before! haha.

I would ABSOLUTELY approach them and tell them I'm a member. I wouldn't tell them I'm Ausaudriel at first, but after we'd gotten to talking, or if they asked. XD

It'd be so exciting to meet someone in person and find out that they're a member on PC. Seriously, I'd be so excited. Like I'm super excited just thinking about it.

Sighhh.

I've always wanted to accidentally meet a fellow staff member, too. Like randomly see someone open up a browser and see them logged in as a mod, I would be like, HOLY AKSDJFAKSDJFASDF and tackle them to the ground. :]

x paired with sylphiel x
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links