The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 15th, 2012, 12:08 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
(Just a few things I'm curious about. Plausible way to tame animals as it isn't shown in the anime, how are crystals made in this RP, how do we actually progress floors (Is there stairs or portals), are dungeons replayable?

Name: Ito Yasushi

Country/City: Tokyo, Japan

Appearance: Ito has long straight black hair that he lets flow freely and is 5'5 tall. He has a light build. When incognito he wears a tattered dark hooded robe with head scarf tied around his head, from his neck up to his eyes. When he is in combat or dungeon roaming, he wears purple and black light armor that is more adjusted for a player that fights swiftly. On the back of his armor there is purple an emblem of a wolf. His skin is slightly pale. His sword is hilted on his back. He has heterochromia so one of his eyes is black and the other is brown.

Life/Personality before SAO
Born and raised in Tokyo, Ito was the type of boy who was never cool because he played massive amount of video games and wore glasses but not nerdy because of they way he dressed in real life and he was less socially inept. He has no friends although he used to at school before it was found out that he was a beta tester of SAO. A privilege that was envied by ther "nerds" and a down coming with the "jocks". Before being trapped in the VMMORPG he lived in a two bedroom apartment with his father, who he has a mass amount of contempt for because he got in a fight with him and his brother damaged his eye causing his heterochromia and damaging his eyesight in both eyes. He is honest but labeled as a slack and faulty because of his laziness and distance from most people in society from judging him. He is often stoic around people he doesn't know. is a reckless-to-an-extent kind of person. The day he bought Sword Art Online was his birthday and he had gotten in an argument with his brother over the fact that his brother didn't do anything for him and went to play the game to escape from the life that he hated.

Current Personality:
Ito, one month later after the lock in, has developed a liking towards the fact that he has something of a second chance with society in this world. In his first week he wasn't really bothered much about the thought of being struck in the game. It made his life more exciting and gave it more purpose. He took a liking towards the things in the game that don't happen in real life and therefore he became a beast tamer and often spends his time exploring new dungeons. Although he explores dungeons he is no longer reckless out of fear of death. Aside from gameplay he still maintained his procrastination although he was on the frontlines after he managed to make enough gold to buy good armor.

Current Level: 12

Weapon: One-Handed Sword

Non-Combat Skills: Taming and Speed

Summary of first month in Aincrad
Ito has become something of a mechant on the side, selling beasts and unwanted loot to non-combatant players on lower floors when he needs money. He remained on the frontlines although he never joined a guild because he dislikes the idea of having superiors. He is a well trained Beast tamer, which he primarily focused on during the Beta but he also adopted speed as another skill that he is adept in. He has a current partner/pet wolf named Okama that he obtained on the first floor. Over the past month he has adopted a view that although he wants to progress in the game, he doesn't want to leave it although he keeps this philosophy to himself to prevent any trouble.: Although most people remained static in the game out of fear of death, Ito trained his swordplay while taming beasts, something that he mainly did in the Beta. He planned to keep the fact that he is a beta tester to himself out of fear of being rejected from the gaming community. He hadn't partied up with anyone yet and he usually worked on beast taming alone although he planned that once he started tackling the dungeons more seriously, he would find at least one human partner.

Roleplay Sample
"Link Start!!!"
The familiar setup menu appeared realistically in front of him, beckoning him in his dreams since he last played during the Beta. The system calibrated his senses, and Ito grinned at the fact that he had picked up his nerve gear the first time since the Beta. He entered his name on instinct. Filling in Sign Ups ere almost apart of his nature but he always used the same user name that he always used, inserting the name Ito into the prompt, hopefully it wasn't taken already. It had seemingly been approved and Ito grinned as the font glistened to his heart. After logging in and Verifying his language he spawned the courtyard of Starter Town. Immediately afterwards he rushes out of the town's walls to the pastures on the outside where he tamed his first boar. He grinned as the sunlight shone on his forehead, running through the cobblestone streets ducking, diving, and maneuvering around the other players in lines in front of stalls or just standing in crowds talking to each other until he reached the general store where he got some acorns. As the reached the outside of the gates he beamed at the sight of a group of boars in the distance. The wind breezed through his long hair that flowed in the direction the wind was blowing. He had never been to a place that appeared the same to him as his brother never wanted too, and maybe couldn't even afford it. There was no one at the mob so he ran over to it, although he took his time, taking pride in each movement he made until he slayed all but one with ease, dancing throughout the pack with a sword in hand. And he reached the last one, he set his sword back in it's scabbard and calmly walked towards the last boar until he got inches away from it and then he kneeled, held out his hand about eye level of the boar, whose eyes seemed to convey the though of impaling him with both horns. In his hand was the stuff he purchased from the general store, the acorns and the boar cautiously approached, eying Ito, trying to resist a free meal. It gave into temptation and started eating out the palm of his hand and Ito slowly put his other hand out to pet the Boar, who accepted the gesture. Ito stood up tall, towering over the Boar and turned away and began to walk towards another spawn. The boar charged, not at him but behind him, like a dog on a leash. Ito easily managed to tame this Boar with ease.

Last edited by dcjboi; December 17th, 2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old December 15th, 2012, 01:01 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Plausible way to tame animals as it isn't shown in the anime
It's explained in the Light Novel this way:
Quote:
A beast tamer wasn't a class or skill given by the system, but a term used by the players.

On rare occasions, aggressive monsters would show interest in players. If you didn't miss the chance, you could successfully tame the monster by giving it something to eat. The monster would then become the player's «Familiar» and serve as a valuable ally who supports the player in various ways. Players referred to those who had succeeded in doing so as beast tamers with a mix of praise and envy.

Of course, not all monsters can become familiars; only a very limited variety of small monsters could. The conditions to trigger the event weren't all that clear, but the only one that everyone was sure about was that the event wouldn't occur if the player killed too many of the monster type.

This was a rather hard condition when you think about it. Even if one tried to get a familiar by repeatedly meeting them, the monsters were aggressive and the player can't avoid entering a fight with them. In other words, if one wished to become a beast tamer, they would have to keep meeting with the monster, and if the event didn't occur they would have to keep running away. It wasn't hard to imagine just how annoying all that would be.
But here's how it works in SAO: Infinity Edition (the RP) as the GM, SwiftSign, explains it:
Quote:
Yep you can tame anything :3. Although the foods idea could work it might make it confusing. Maybe we can go with just some form of skill?

Low health -> Skills Menu -> TAME!

Oh damn now it's pokemon.
Though I'm not sure if that's set in stone, yet.

Regarding the progression of floors, they first must be unlocked by defeating the boss of a previous floor. Afterwards they can be explored by using a portal that is usually found in town.

Last edited by machomuu; December 15th, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old December 15th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire* View Post
Oh please... your posts are always great.
Thank you. You are much too kind~

I'll say this much: catching up to most of my RPs feels good. Hopefully I won't fall behind again haha.

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old December 15th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Magic

Sorry dcjboi but signups are closed, there are no spots open at the moment.

I'll try and let you know if one opens up, but since this is a sandbox RP that might not be for a while.
Old December 15th, 2012, 03:52 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Guys just saying, my new sword is possibly the best thing in the world. Everyone should check her it out!

Also Swifty boss battle done soon Im assuming?
Old December 15th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
I'm truly sorry guys that my posts are so short and suck so much! I really will try to make this better soon! It's just that i have not much inspiration right now ; really sorry *bows*
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 15th, 2012, 07:54 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Sorry dcjboi but signups are closed, there are no spots open at the moment.

I'll try and let you know if one opens up, but since this is a sandbox RP that might not be for a while.
Thanks. I don't want to say hopefully one will open up soon, and deprive someone of the experience.

Old December 16th, 2012, 06:18 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
I'm truly sorry guys that my posts are so short and suck so much! I really will try to make this better soon! It's just that i have not much inspiration right now ; really sorry *bows*
I like your posts! I always read them.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

ShinyDiamond- t-thanks :3 … doesn't know what else to say, so just fills this post so it has more than 25 characters
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Hey everyone. I'm sorry to say, but I'll have to drop out of the RP : \ Not because of anyone doing anything in particular, but there's just some things that're coming in the way of me and free time, so I'll have to cut away some of the RP I'm having here on PC.

I hope you lot will have a gay old time (In the sense of The Flintstones, not... well, you know. ), and enjoy yourself as much as you, and I, have been up until now Take care!
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old December 16th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Kranic
What did you say about my hair

Oh that's really sad to hear Bastian. I was really looking forward to Bacarra interacting some more with Bralec. I understand your situation though, having too many roleplays suck when you have othehings you need to do. So I can't really blame you.

Good luck with your new ventures!

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted

Old December 17th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Awwwww thats so sad to hear bastian your posts were really fun to read! And you were the only one who had a shop ; well… i wish you good luck with everything! Take care!
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old December 17th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Yeah, sorry everyone ; I'm sure you'll manage to have tons of fun without me, so fret not! For I will be with you in heart and mind, rather than text! *Complicated salute/wave*
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old December 17th, 2012, 03:23 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a jerk but does that mean a position is now open for my SU SwiftSign?

Old December 17th, 2012, 03:56 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

@Dcjboi. Your rp sample could probably do with a bit more in it if you wanted to add more before Swifty reads it again.

Also Swifty how long until the boss battle is over >.>
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:07 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Speaking of the boss battle, reading over the posts of those who participated, that Lamia is going to meet a very, very painful death <_<
Old December 17th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Garet
GhostFire

Several players stabbing its tail, at least three more chopping off hair and/or attempting to chop off her head...it's just a matter of who gets the final blow in.
Old December 19th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

C'mon people! XD posttt, i wouldnt like it to see this dying :3
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old December 19th, 2012, 08:41 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
C'mon people! XD posttt, i wouldnt like it to see this dying :3
Swift has to post about the slaying of the boss before we can post again. I don't really see it dying just yet, if at all.
Old December 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

^

I was just saying :3 i hope shift posts soon but im sure she/he is too busy for pilosting right now… so let's wait~
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old December 20th, 2012, 04:23 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

:\ Still wondering when Khawill &/or Sir Bastian will post.

~Dia+PS~
Old December 20th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

SD- sir bastian left the rp :3 so we're only waiting for khawill

And the others are waiting for swift
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old December 20th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Just realized Bastion left, my bad

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:12 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Quote:
SD- sir bastian left the rp :3 so we're only waiting for khawill

And the others are waiting for swift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khawill View Post
Just realized Bastion left, my bad
._. Oh...... Well did he?

~Dia+PS~
Old December 21st, 2012, 07:53 AM
Garet
GhostFire

It's Christmas time, and I'm gonna be gone for a few days, at least until Wednesday. I'm probably not going to be able to check in during that time. Happy holidays, everyone!

Sponsored Links