Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse
Reload this Page Ooh... might wanna get a Burn Heal for that!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Old September 18th, 2012 (02:00 PM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
So, I was wondering, how bad have you gotten burned before, and how often do you get burned? (Physically speaking) It came across my mind while I burned my hand in the toaster this morning, which is only the second time I've ever gotten burned at all.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old September 18th, 2012 (02:12 PM).
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

I burnt my hand pretty badly once when I was a kid. It blistered up really badly where I got burnt and was so painful for so long. Its all good now that so yay for that!
Old September 18th, 2012 (02:40 PM).
Honest
شكرا

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Honest
I've scolded my tongue a couple of times from rushing with coffee. Aside from that, only thing that comes to mind is a moment when I was around 5 and touched an iron while it was plug in. Genius move on my part.

I also burned part of the carpet away in my old house, but that's a different story.
Old September 18th, 2012 (04:29 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I once burned my arm while I spilled a cup of tea on it that was very hot. The burn is long healed at this point and wasnt that bad, but the spot has a mark so I rememer where it is. Nothing too major though.
Old September 18th, 2012 (04:59 PM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

Nature: Brave
A couple of weeks ago, I was cooking lasagna for dinner...and being so clumsy myself, I opened the aluminum covering and the vapor from the lasagna quickly reached my hand and it felt like I've dipped my hand in a bowl of boiling hot water. It hurt like oh mah gawd. I didn't had an ice pack at the time, so I used a frozen ground beef pack to cool the burn. >_>

Old September 18th, 2012 (05:41 PM).
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I work at a pizza place, so I've burned myself multiple times there. It's usually the oven, but one of my first burns there was from a heat lamp. The steamer we have is also super hot, I could probably hurt myself with that too.

Sometimes I burn myself at home, too, on the stove. There's a healing scar on my middle finger of my right hand from where I hit a rack in the oven. I'm clumsy so it wasn't a surprise.
Old September 18th, 2012 (06:52 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
When I was living in the US, I burned my finger when I touched the inside of a toaster oven. The skin just below the fingernail peeled off and bled and I had to use a band-aid for a few weeks.

Old September 18th, 2012 (10:51 PM).
curiousnathan
goodbye to the future

Nature: Mild
I've burnt myself a few times throughout my life for sure. The one I remember the most clearly was grabbing my desk lamp and burning the whole of my hand due to the accumulate heat of the light/bulb. Standing in front of my kitchen sink running icy cold water on it for about half an hour was quite annoying, but it soothed the pain nonetheless! :D
Old September 18th, 2012 (11:11 PM).
Hikamaru
I am Oh.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I remember getting sunburned a lot. It really hurts and I often have to run cold water over myself, which is not fun given I have fair skin.

Also, I remember burning myself with a light bulb when I was younger.
Old September 18th, 2012 (11:56 PM).
Z_Z
Zzz

In highschool doing metalwork. I just welded 2 pieces of metal together and then tried to pick it up with my hands*. Pretty much melted my skin. Looks more like a deep cut than a burn until it blistered over.

*lol. the reason I picked it up was to take it over to the water sink to cool it down. Why did it need cooling down if I thought it was OK to grab? Guess I wasn't thinking haha
Old September 19th, 2012 (12:03 AM).
Talli
Tsunderes forever

Nature: Naughty
Not often that it happens to me, but last bonfire night I got hit by a firework when one went wrong. My dad kept going on that it could of hit his grandson(which it didn't). It hit me and ruined my jacket.
Old September 19th, 2012 (12:38 AM). Edited September 19th, 2012 by awolfsquared.
awolfsquared
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I get burnt pretty often cause I can be pretty clumsy at times though it's usually just small burns that heal after several hours or a day or two. Just recently I was helping my dad cook french fries and some of the oil splashed on my hand by accident.
My worst causes of sunburn happened when I was around 14 or 15. My family went the pool one day and I thought I'd lay out in the sun a bit and tan. I completely forgot sunscreen and got blisters all over my back and arms for weeks , some pretty big too. Hurt like heck to sleep on.
Old September 19th, 2012 (01:21 AM).
Playful_Weasel
can I have a Pokepuff?
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Only once I remember getting really burned. Back when I was around 11 years old. I warmed up a Rice-Crispy treat in the microwave, a little too long, when I was about to bite it a chunk fell off, and one portion landed on my right lower part of my lip. Grandma said I got a blister

Death Metal Fan - Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Nile, Divine Empire ♪
Old September 19th, 2012 (02:12 AM).
Shining Raichu
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
When I was seven years old, I decided to test whether lightbulbs were hot. Turns out, lightbulbs are hot

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 19th, 2012 (06:43 AM).
Algo Fonix
oh god

Nature: Relaxed
When I was like 4 or 5, I grabbed a hot muffler on a tractor when we were working in the garden.

I don't hold on long.
Old September 19th, 2012 (08:15 AM).
Captain Fabio
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Yeh, I have been burnt many times but nothing too serious; just things from cigarette ash (back in the day) to picking up hot pants or oven burns.
Old September 19th, 2012 (10:49 AM).
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Hm the only time I remember being burned really badly was 5 years ago or so when I burnt my hand badly on a toaster oven and got a huge blister. Other times I get burned are from picking up/eating hot food, hot glue gun burns, oven burns etc.
Old September 19th, 2012 (11:33 AM).
Esper

My mother burned me with a cigarette once. Not like in a child abuse kind of way. It was an accident, but it was on the back of my hand where people could see it so I'm sure people wondered.

Oh! and once on the Fourth of July I was playing with a sparkler and a spark landed on my head and burned part of my scalp and hair. That one hurt a lot. Burning hair smells really bad, too.

deviantart blog pair
Old September 19th, 2012 (09:52 PM).
Brendino

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Scarf:
My mother burned me with a cigarette once. Not like in a child abuse kind of way. It was an accident, but it was on the back of my hand where people could see it so I'm sure people wondered.
One of the only two times I can remember being burnt was when this exact same situation happened to me (also on the back of my hand).

The other time was actually earlier this year, when I was boiling water on the stove, and it started over flowing and spat up at my arm. I turned the element off right away and ran my arm under cold water for a good 20 minutes or so. Luckily it didn't leave any permanent marks, but it did hurt pretty bad for nearly a week.
Pokémon Poll of the Week #5: Literal Pocket Monsters

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old September 20th, 2012 (06:09 AM).
Squirrel
Momentai :D

I've scalded my tongue countless times, but the main burn was when I was using hot oil for cooking and spilled it all over my hands - that hurt like hell ;; It didn't leave much of a scar which was incredibly lucky, some of my fingers are a little odd as a result though haha.
Old October 2nd, 2012 (01:07 PM).
Mr Cat Dog
<insert witty eloquence here>

Nature: Relaxed
Oh, I've burned myself loads of times over the years. Nothing serious, mind you. Just things like accidentally touching hot kitchenware, pouring water from a kettle onto my hand instead of in the mug of tea. Things like that. You'd think that one time would be enough to teach me a lesson but nononononono. There probably hasn't been a year of my life where I haven't accidentally burnt myself! :D
Old October 2nd, 2012 (01:51 PM).
Are there Oceans in Space?
abc.

I often touch the metal part of the stick when trying to remove a marshmallow haha. It burns, but I never learn.
Old October 2nd, 2012 (07:58 PM).
Sora
The Idealist Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Worse I've burned myself is when hot oil flung out of a pan when I dropped something in it too quickly. Few burn spots on the my right side because I was wearing a sports bra and I think I still have a mark or two (or three?) from the incident.

But other than they just very minor burns from scorching my tongue on something hot or touching something hot like an idiot.

keep smiling
Old October 2nd, 2012 (08:53 PM).
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
I've burned myself lots of time. LOL Most of the time, it comes when I'm tryin' to cook something. Sometimes when I'm trying to move a pot full of hot water, some of it splashes on my arms. Or trying to get something outta the oven; toaster oven, since it small, I sometimes bump up against those hot rail thing. Ouch. LOL

But my worst came from a light bulb. I was sitting on my bed writing...stuff, when my lamp feel over and landed on my arm...It even left a little black mark on my arm...But that happen awhile ago.
Old October 7th, 2012 (10:12 PM).
antemortem
you live and die, so live

Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
I wasn't aware of lightbulb physics when I was seven and decided to test it on a bulb that had been lit for twelve hours straight. Little did I know that electricity produced heat and heat hurts just a little bit. I also was unaware that sticking my finger on a bare piece of ice for hours on end was a counter-productive remedy. The burn hurt for a few days after the fact.

Sponsored Links