Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 Tougher?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old October 12th, 2012 (06:42 AM).
» Bully
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Well, if people are having trouble with just normal mode (I assume) then I'm definitely going to have trouble playing in Challenge Mode, all the trainers Pokemon are at higher levels and I've lost to Cheren once or twice now. Regardless, I'm still loving the game.
Old October 14th, 2012 (01:59 AM).
Monolith

Nature: Modest
The difficulty is raised from the first probably, but I still haven't encountered anything the starter, and event genesect/keldeo can't take on.
Old October 14th, 2012 (02:17 AM).
The Kalos Queen
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Based on the videos I saw, yes Trainers really are tougher and more strategic in this game. When I watched the Marriland videos of B2/W2 he lost to Cheren on the first try in both the Japanese Black 2 and English White 2 videos.

Yeah, I admit you do find yourself underleveled against some Gym Leaders.
Old October 14th, 2012 (03:01 AM).

Nature: Jolly
I found Cheren, Roxie and Burgh really easy. The first time things got a bit awkward was when I fought Elesa....but then my pokemon turned out to be severely under leveled. I managed to get through the fight, but it was tighter than previous battles.

In general the game is probably a little harder than before, it's not as easy to just storm through an area beating trainers. Usually I have to go heal around halfway.
Old October 14th, 2012 (02:19 PM).

Nature: Quiet
I have to train between each city/town now. It's pretty annoying. But I like a good challenge. I can't wait for the "challenge mode". That will just be awesome.
Old October 15th, 2012 (12:41 PM).
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Bold
By level and i think at some points AI is yes more difficult, i have found the game much easier but that is only due to the availabilities of Pokemon from previous generations, I am not a Gen V hater I'm quite the opposite great games and great gyms but i just don't really like any of the Pokemon. So being able to go through the gen 5 game with older gen Pokemon is pretty good to me.

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.
Old October 15th, 2012 (01:01 PM).
Crystal Tier

Yes the game is tougher, but interesting enough is I defeated the gym leaders with under leveled pokemon up to the sixth badge, the first gym was the only easy one though for me. Had to rely on the two legendary pokemon that you are able to get before getting 7 badges just to defeat the 7th gym. Also Ghetsis is so annoying, the only trainer battle that had I had to take on twice.

Old October 15th, 2012 (10:37 PM). Edited October 15th, 2012 by Cassino.
The Old Gang

Nature: Serious
Yes, more challenging, but it's still not tough outright without challenge mode being available from the start...

Quote originally posted by .Wolfie-kun.:
I underestimated Cheren's last Pokemon using Work Up constantly. Took me about 5 tries (Was using a slightly underlevelled Riolu) but I finally did it. Looks like I'll be doing some more training. Which I have no problem with :)
I caught on the first time his Patrat used it, and I happened to have a counter — Azurill's Charm can keep his buffs down.
Defensive advantages seem to work better against gym leaders.
Old October 19th, 2012 (05:00 AM).
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to dragonnathan025
It seems like they try to stack the odds against you. What I mean is this...

It seems odds of me getting poisoned by any moves like Poison Sting are 3 in 4, whereas if I try to poison it's 1/16.

Odds of me being unable to move in paralysis are 1/2, while the odds of the opponent being paralyzed are 1/8.

Odds of Effect Spore/Poison Point are 9/10.

Odds of me hitting myself in confusion are 7/10, while the opponent is 1/20.

Tell me if anyone else has been having this luck, in absolutely all their games.

Friend Safari type:
Water
Pokemon:
Bibarel
Gyarados
Frogadier
Old October 19th, 2012 (06:47 AM).
Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I do think it is a bit tougher. I actually underestimated the first gym and really had to plan out how to beat Cheren because I went in with a bunch of pokemon at lv 6,7, and 8 lol
Old October 19th, 2012 (08:13 AM).
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
It's tougher. Though, with that said, I never lost a battle. xD Not in any of the gyms, not to random Trainers, not to the Elite Four, or Iris, OR in White Treehollow.

I'm still shocked about WT, kinda expected to get facewrecked by Areas 8~10, but nope. (Yay for Froslass~)

The World Tournament post-story, though... That.. that's an entirely different story..

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Old October 19th, 2012 (08:18 AM).

Nature: Sassy
I'm playing White 2 on Challenge Mode (got the key from a friend who already beat Black 2) and I honestly don't see much of a difference other than a couple of levels difference. Now the trainer's Pokemon are about equal with mine, but it's more incentive to train I guess.

I've only blacked out once since starting Challenge Mode, and I'm currently in Lacunosa, been doing Challenge since Skyla.

tldr, this game is definitely harder but I really like that.
Old October 21st, 2012 (11:59 AM).

Nature: Impish
I must be in the minority that finds this a rather easy game, then. It was rough early on, but that was because I decided not to use my starter and was stuck with a Mareep, Azurill and Riolu until Castelia. I smashed Cheren's face in with a Lv. 10 Azurill spamming Charm and Frustration because all he did was Work Up until he was at neutral Attack. Roxie actually gave me a lot of problems, though, but the game got a lot easier and the grinding got less monotonous once you get the Lucky Egg. I haven't wiped once.

The PWT is the hardest thing ever and pretty much forces you to EV train though :/ I'm stuck on the World Leaders section because as soon as a Drayden or Clair are anywhere in my bracket it's endgame
Old October 21st, 2012 (12:07 PM).
"Last Raven"

my first time playing i did find it hard up tp about my 5 badge and then i just started breezing throught the rest once i got most of inteam team together
Old October 21st, 2012 (05:02 PM).
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Tougher? Yes, yes it is. I beat Ghetsis by spamming Revives and items(I didn't use a single legendary too.) I am currently in the PokeCenter right before Victory Road, to afraid to enter. Every single Victory Road I've been in has been extremely hard for me...
(Diamond was impossibly hard, i took every wrong turn! Red I just chickened out and quit before I entered, because I was too scared. Ruby, I still can't believe I cleared it with hardly any trouble. White, I got my friend to clear it for me xD. White 2, I'm cowarding. I hope I don't befall teh same fate as my trainer did in Red...)
Old October 21st, 2012 (05:19 PM).
There's Something About Lamps

I found the early game to be pretty difficult compared to the other games. The level pacing is pretty good throughout the game, especially in Castelia. I remember going down in the sewers with Hugh and my Pokemon were barely level 20 while his Servine was, so I felt a bit weak there. Castelia, overall, sucked for me in terms of difficulty because Burgh's Leavanny had two levels on my Dewott my first play through, so it got tough. But after that, it wasn't too difficult, meaning that my Pokemon only occasionally fainted.

I think it was around Skyla that I became severely overleveled, but I blame Juniper because she gave me the Lucky Egg and gave me a good enough excuse to grind it out in Nimbasa, and the Join Avenue with the training dojo got me to be a nice rounded level 70 team at the Elite Four.
Old October 24th, 2012 (10:59 AM).

Especially the earlier ones I found a bit harder, I was always underlevelled(still am) but it is fun like that too. Hardest was that cowboy gym leader(forgot his name) lol.

Pokemon Hardmode Sapphire Comic
starts as b/w but turns colourful a couple of pages later
Old October 24th, 2012 (11:22 AM).
Veteran

Nature: Docile
I just think B/W2 turns out a bit tougher because you can easily fall behind in levels (and not even realize it until you hit the next gym) due to the exp tweak.
Although, just like the first B/W they kind of hand you Pokemon that just completely counter the upcoming gym. For example Magnemite right before the poison gym, and electric Pokemon before the flying gym, or ice Pokemon (from B/W1; from cold storage) before the ground gym, and again before the dragon gym (B/W1) in my opinion making it easier in comparison to having to take on Brock with a Pikachu and bug types (or a Mankey if you dug around for one) in yellow.

White 2 FC: 4427 9506 5247
White FC: 1377 9722 4917
3DS FC: 1736 0570 0480
Old October 24th, 2012 (11:54 AM).
Down, Sword Hand!

So far the only Gym I've had trouble with was Clay's Gym. Generally I level grind on Audinos up as close to the highest level I can control and breeze through the Gym but I got impatient trying to find a good spot near Dritveil to level grind so I went in head first with my level 42 lucario and the rest of my pokemon in their mid twenties and I actually expected my level 25 Psyduck to carry me through for some reason. His Excadrill's Bulldoze gave me a bit of trouble but I managed to pull through.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old October 24th, 2012 (09:07 PM).
Sugary Delight

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
I actually found the game quite easy, but yet again I grind like crazy, trying to match up as close as I could with gyms. I didn't have much of a problem with Toxic, all I did was grab a Magnamite and thundershock'd everything. I will say that my game data in Black 2 at the very end was about 48 hours, while most Pokemon games I get through in about 20-25ish.

I don't think its 'tougher', but its more expansive .
Old October 25th, 2012 (07:31 AM).
Battle Server
CS

I agree, B&W2 is more challenging than B&W. I don't really remember much when I first started on my journey, but it did seem that the gyms and wild pokemon were much higher-levelled plus had move combos that tend to put my team into dangerous situations from time to time. I love it, though. Makes game play all the more better. (Y)

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old October 26th, 2012 (09:50 AM).
Phenominal.

Nature: Quirky
I do find it harder than most other Pokemon games, as I have to grind inbetween gyms just so that all my Pokemon are on par with the gym leader's highest Pokemon, which is a little bit of a pain but with the help of Audinos isn't much of a problem.

Saying that I've still not blacked out yet in either playthough of Black 2.
Old October 26th, 2012 (10:26 AM).
For Money
Crystal Tier

The only gym leader that's given me trouble so far is Clay.

Damn Excadrill swept through almost my entire team. (I took out his other pokemon no losses, then here comes Excadrill taking out 5 of mine is a row)

Team was Zoroark, Arcanine, Servine, Magneton, Tranquil, Lucario

Come play Runescape
Old October 27th, 2012 (11:23 PM).
fml

Nature: Naughty
Yeah I think it's tougher.

To me, it's tougher because it seems that Audino are less common in this game than in BW, which were my main training method. I don't actually know if they made them less common, but I don't see shaking grass nearly as often at I do in BW. but to me that's what made it tougher

Old October 28th, 2012 (12:34 AM).
Parasol Lady Madeleine

Nature: Timid
I'm looking forward to playing challenge mode, but I'm already finding normal mode tougher. However some of the time it just means level grinding for me, which gets a bit tiresome. It is definitely better however to be able to use more strategy in the game rather than just wiping the floor with effective moves. The pokemon you find early on are better too (e.g. riolu) which makes the game more interesting. I agree with Bobdapeach about less Audino, which I loved in the last games for taking away some of the time spent raising levels.

Sponsored Links