The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old October 9th, 2012, 02:40 PM
DeoxysGames
Elite Four

Nature: Quiet
Mine was throwing away the Lucky Egg
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I lost Blue Version once.
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Yellow Silver Nostalgia
Those Were The Days

Battling someone with normal type Pokemon with my strongest Pokemon on 3HP and the only remaining Pokemon a Gastly.
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:26 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I was pretty stupid when I first started playing, so I made a lot of mistakes. My first game was Silver and that got me to play the others. Like my level 100 Meganium still knew Tackle. I also saved after Lugia fainted, not realizing it wouldn't come back. I've learned from my mistakes, and the games have improved too so it's harder to make them. Whew.
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Stupidest thing I ever did Pokemon wise was wipe out my friend's team in a versus battle using only a underleveled Tyranitar and a Level 1 Aron lol.

Gotta love the high life.
Old October 9th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Nature: Careful
When I used my master ball on a level 37 steelix...ugh.
Old October 9th, 2012, 04:42 PM
MantisboyN

I once followed a yawn with a spore
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:41 PM
LenSho

Nature: Modest
I... Oh God, this is embarassing >_<

... I replaced my Mewtwo's Recover with Strength in Pokémon Yellow

I was very young >:l

Oh, I also killed Articuno and saved afterwards, instead of turning the game off. I did the same in Pokémon Silver, I attacked Suicune with my Dodrio's Tri Attack, I didn't think it would make a lot of damage since it was level 39, but I KO'd Suicune.... and saved afterwards... >_<

Luckily I restarted both games and didn't make those mistakes again.

And more recently... I killed a shiny Durant in Pokémon White... I regret that so much ._.
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

Went up against Whitney and her Milktank under leveled. I'm never getting back those 3 minutes...I regret everything
Old October 29th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
I have a lot of mistakes, but I can say one: I sucked for raising only my starter and no one else in Pokemon Pearl 5 years ago, and I embarrassed myself by using them and losing against a very good person in my camp.
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:27 PM
BanditThePikachu
The Raichu of awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to BanditThePikachu
I'm not going to lie - I've made PLENTY of mistakes in the game. But one of the major ones I remember are:
I skipped lots of trainers in Leaf Green, and then I ended up challenging the Pokemon League about 15 times, it was horrible.. >.>
Also, I was trying to catch Dialga in Diamond, and sense I wasted my master ball by mistake on some other weak Pokemon I can't remember, I had to catch him with regular Pokeballs. I lowered his health so low (because I only had few pokeballs.) that I accidentally made him faint.
Old October 31st, 2012, 08:35 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Hmm,I really can't remember many. Here is a few though.

Running from a Shiny Tentacool in orginal Gold. Did't know there was shinies at the time and was wondering why it had little stars pop off around it.

Yellow,Blue,and Red I never trained my pokemon other than my starter. This is when I first started the pokemon games.....big mistake.

Oh ya,in Pokemon Blue,my first ever pokemon game. I could never figure out why I couldn't get past Viridian City at the start of the game
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:00 PM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
Traded a Shiny Ralts to my brother for a Shiny Chansey and then restarted the game later. So I effectively got NOTHING OUT OF IT. HURRAH
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:05 PM
servine101
hatched, evolved egg

I picked oshawott...
lol
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:24 PM
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

I was hunting for a shiny Giratina and when I finally found it I soft resetted my game by accident. I also used my masterball on a Graveler. On Pokemon red I killed Moltres. Also when I was playing yellow, I beat the elite four and my game ran out of battery and then the last time I saved was when I was in the victory road...
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:37 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

I've done tons of stupid things in Pokemon but I'll only mention a few. They are all on the DS. My dumbest one is probably in Clairs gym. I haven't saved the game since beating Team Rocket so I was still in the Radio Tower. This is how it went down. I beat the first 2 trainers in the Gym and moved the objects to where it needed to be. For some reason I wasn't thinking and 30 min later I thought I went the wrong way and couldn't get out of it so I turned my game on. I literally forgot that I had to walk down and then right lol. Another one is when I ran away from Raikou (that was pretty stupid) used status decreasers against Pokemon I'm weak against and died, etc.

Old October 31st, 2012, 09:52 PM
Galukxy
→Not someday.Today is the day.

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to Galukxy Send a message via Skype™ to Galukxy
The only thing I could remember was throwing away my ONLY Masterball to try and capture Wailmer.

DA||MAL

Old October 31st, 2012, 10:53 PM
revere
Community Supporter

I wasted my Master Ball in DPPt just to catch a darn Bidoof once, but it was totally an accident~
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:01 PM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
here is one. I cant remember the details much though. i saved when i wasn't supposed to(can't remember why) and turned off my game whilst still saving. and when i turn it back on, the saved data was corrupted and erased. It was the first time i noticed the game will corrupt when disturbing a save.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:39 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Recently I've been doing several dumb mistakes, such as trying to hit a Ground Pokemon with an Electric Type move and turning off my DS and not saving two hours of game time. Or running into tall grass that has high level Pokemon when I have low level Pokemon and eggs and my first Pokemon doesn't have a smoke ball.

Luckily I've learned all my lessons then. But one mistake that I will always regret which was really stupid was restarting my Ruby thinking it was Sapphire. I seriously cried when it happened; so much work and effort gone to waste augh.
Old November 1st, 2012, 03:35 AM
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
well once I let my friend play with my pokemon platinum game, then he saw an oddish which I told him to catch, He then asked me if he can use the master ball to catch it, I thought he was joking so I sarcastically said "ya...sure" and as luck would have it...he wasn't joking.

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old November 9th, 2012, 09:25 PM
PichuRules4ever
The TF2 Pyro

Well all i can think of is accidentally making my Pikachu forget ThunderShock to learn Swift in my Blue version because i pressed A too fast. It technically made my Pikachu useless until I got Thunderbolt from Lt. Surge. I don't really make mistakes in my games.
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Reminiscing
Community Supporter

Using my masterball on a tentacool once...well it was my first time playing pokemon i think it was red and the only pokemon I train/level up was charizard back then..that's why I got trouble beating the game. pretty stupid lol
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Running from a Shiny Boldore in Black, it would've made such a nice addition to my collection. But then again, I was trying to get out of Twist Mountain so badly not knowing that Shinies are rare.

Also, wasting my Master Ball on Reshiram cos I suddenly realized their catch rate wasn't as high as I thought, only found it out through a Marriland video. *facepalm*
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Running from a Shiny Boldore in Black, it would've made such a nice addition to my collection. But then again, I was trying to get out of Twist Mountain so badly not knowing that Shinies are rare.

Also, wasting my Master Ball on Reshiram cos I suddenly realized their catch rate wasn't as high as I thought, only found it out through a Marriland video. *facepalm*
You didn't know shinies were rare? Psh, noob.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links