The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 15th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
The big ones are Pokecommunity, Facebook, and Yahoo Mail. I also go to several fan art sites including DeviantArt and Pixiv to hunt for pictures of my favorite anime characters (I do searches for Blue/Leaf and Pretty Cure fanart most every day) and I also check various fansub groups' web sites to see if any anime series I'm following have had new releases, which I'll either download or watch streaming. I'm on YouTube less often nowadays than I was before, as I think the selection of good anime music videos on there is drying up. I'm also a frequent visitor to TripAdvisor and QualityInn.com to get my daily does of hotel/motel goodness.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old October 15th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Nature: Timid
First I check my forums, aka PC! I'd explore around my section and post/do modding, then dig through any other forum I might visit and explore there. PC is usually the first thing I do when I get online.

Afterwards, I check Youtube for any subscription videos that might interest me and either watch them right there or procrastinate and do it later. Then I plug in my external hard drive since it has all my anime and skim through some of my favorite episodes. Rinse and repeat.

Not much else, sadly. D|;

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:36 AM
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Usuallly I check forums and Facebook first. I browse Bulbagraden PC, and EvergrandeCity the most and Serebii and some other forums occasionally. I also look a DA and Twitter every once in a while.

I usually also listen to music or watch YouTube videos and draw or color a drawing. I try to check my email as much as I can, but I don't do it as often as I should.I occasionally play this game called Teledraw as well. and some other games. I try to do most of things all at the same time, and it never works out to well.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old October 16th, 2012, 09:57 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Usually PC and maybe AQW. Look at new releases, while I check my usual threads on PC. Check 4th gen gaming. Then mail and reply. Barely facebook. Serebii. And if I am well and truly bored, bbc.

And if I play games, SCII, LoL, SK, CivIV (yeah Im still ancient) etc.
Which means StarCraft II, League of Legends, Spiral Knights, Civilizations IV (yeah Im still ancient) etc.
Old October 16th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Sector

Nature: Naughty
Okay. So I get on my laptop, check NASCAR.com & here. When I'm selling stuff on eBay, I check its status. Every once in a great while I'll check Facebook & Twitter. Depending on my mood I'll bring youtube up. But aside from that, I always have my MAL, Netflix, eBay, NASCAR.com tabs always up on my Google Chrome, & use sites to watch Anime on FireFox. I use Chatzilla also so there's a 3rd window there. That's really about it. Racing-Reference.com is the site I often go on late Sunday or Mondays to check statistics especially.

I have Skype & MSN on here also, but I never get on them lol, even if I have to x them out every time I get on. x) So in other words, I guess I like to be on my laptop to watch TV shows/Movies/Anime & chat with people in general I guess?
Old October 17th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Nature: Brave
Most of the time spent on my computer is Microsoft Word (for writing/roleplaying/schoolwork), PC, IRC, MSN, and Skype. Anything else like browsing icanhazcheezburger.com and other webistes are only when I'm like ttly bored. :P
One seems to hear words of good cheer from everywhere filling the air.
Oh how they pound, raising the sound. O'er hill and dale, telling their tale.
Gaily they ring while people sing songs of good cheer, Christmas is here!
Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas! Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas!
On on they send, on without end, their joyful tone to every home.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler

Old October 17th, 2012, 11:52 PM
LegendaryMohawk

Nature: Lax
I'm not gunna lie here, I go a fair few sites, do a few things, then leave it until tomorrow or something, but the sites are mostly deviantArt, Hotmail, facebook and of course; here

Note: I realise how wrong the first line sounds... but I have a girlfriend, so don't take it the wrong way. (If you saw something dirty in that note as well, no pun was intended).

Hacks underway: Pokémon Magikarps Adventure - NEW Download availible!
Side
Show Hack: Pokemon Rouge

Join Team Missunderstood Chaos
!

New Banners! Check Them Out On The Thread!
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:16 AM
93Aiwass
Getting Back into Pokemon

Nature: Careful
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Probably browsing the 'net and listening to music. Evernote would be running in the background too to download whatever the hell I decide to "clip".

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Some explanation on terms: Do what... & Love is... | 93 | Aiwass | Holy Guardian Angel
Getting back into Pokemon after 5 years of being out of it... this is going to be a hard learning curve...
Here is what I look like, in case you were curious.
Babalon is my mother, and she loves me.
I'm an initiate of a secret society... Hmm, do secret societies have websites?
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Awesomepulls
Unhatched Egg

Usually im on ventrillio playing video games the majority of the time. Mostly competitive games. I enjoy dota2 a lot i also play some MMO's been playing guild wars 2 recently. If im not in the mood to play ill watch random youtube videos until i get to the weird part of youtube haha. I also read articles on Cracked or look at 9gag or something to kill time.
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I'll probably crack open FL Studio, MSN, Skype, and open a few tabs in Google Chrome. That's usually one day's worth of activities right there.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Azure Rathalδs
Community Supporter

I usually use my laptop as a way to connect to the internet and, pretty much, that's it. However, I'm trying to get myself into PC gaming, although I might have some issues seeing I'm using a laptop designed for internet browsing and not much else.
Old October 27th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
Hm internet browsing, watching streams, play PC games such as League of Legends/Torchlight 2, MSN, play emulators, twitter, youtube, and work with it (typing + coding for compsci university courses.) The portability is mostly appreciated to bring it to university, but that's about it XD;
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:30 AM
BanditThePikachu
The Raichu of awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to BanditThePikachu
I usually chat with my friends on Skype, play Minecraft, as well as some other games. I also do a little bit of html, and I draw sometimes.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

Skype is always on, no exceptions; I'm generally browsing forums as well as YouTube, or playing a lightweight PC game on my laptop whenever I get the chance to.

Pair
AlexAhnon
Old November 3rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
My Desktop (in Sig) is set up to be the central hub. It's role is to Download, store, & serve media wirelessly wherever I want it. It also serves as the master sync station for my phone and tablet too.
My portable (also in Sig) is mainly used for school, games, general surfing, and on occasion running the dual OS for some retro gaming.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:54 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

I lurk here, listen to an online radio, browse medical pages on Wikipedia, etc.

In the morning I listen to the second half of a thing similar to a podcast. I save the first half (which the website records for you) to listen to in the evening (I tend to get into little depression ruts at night, and listening to it helps).
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old November 23rd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I visit a lot of sites.

My usual schedule includes YouTube, DeviantArt, Tumblr, Twitter, browsing PC, Serebii, Ever Grande and other Pokemon forums I'm on.

And I also check my daily bit of news. My other spare time I find pictures to make new avatars/signatures with.

So yeah, mainly internet browsing for me.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:47 PM
Don Bastio
Banned

facebook, youtube, flash games, music, and the rest is against PC rules to even talk about so use your imagination lol.
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Kroso
Feels like a failure
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Gentle
Pokecommunity, so far Borderlands 2, and youtube. It can so far maintain what I throw at it.
Old November 24th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Tsutarja
Happy Holidays

Nature: Jolly
I usually browse around my favorite websites, Skype with friends, check/respond to emails, Facebook, listen to music and chat on IRC.

I also use one of my computers to run two web servers (one is IIS and the other is Apache) and an IRC server as well.
Old November 24th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight

Nature: Hardy
Visiting forums, listening to music, playing Minecraft, and programming. It's kinda ancient, but runs Minecraft perfectly. And like Hikari, I browse for pictures to edit into signatures/avatars. I think of my computer as my "blank slate".

“Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.”
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Perico
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
As many of you here, I can't say I have "free time" when I use the computer, because I usually have to do homeworks or similar. Aside from that, Twitter is my site by default, I check out some new videos at Youtube, see what's new on series.ly (it's a spanish website which hosts links to watch tons of TV shows, movies and stuff) and read some news (mostly about Apple and Nintendo). I visit PC every day, though I seldom post because I'm not very imaginative at this moment. And I always try to take care of the websites I'm currently running.

Allez, hop!
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Triston1zn
GYM LEADER

Nature: Calm
I do l alot of work in Visual studio and Photoshop...I'm a beginner with visual studio but I love programing and scripting.....Also I love animation...I work with Flash and Graphics gale etc...creating flash or Gif animations
Old November 27th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

Nature: Relaxed
I visit social websites such as Facebook and Twitter, PokeCommunity of course and YouTube during my free time. Since I'm a student, I also use my computer for assignments and uni-related stuff such as downloading notes or reading up lecture slides.

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old November 28th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Zozma
I'm a blur

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Zozma
1. Writing. This includes novels, short stories, and occasional fan fiction. Considering writing is my job, though, this may not really count as "free time."
2. Roleplaying. I only roleplay on my two sites and a third that I consider more "casual." (I admit, I treat mine like jobs. )
3. AIM. I instant message friends to chat.
4. Tumblr. I only signed up to follow blogs with lots of images but I do reblog a lot of junk.
5. Facebook. I hate Facebook but I use it to communicate with family members who don't have cell phones or use AIM.
6. The rest is used on listening to music/finding new music, reading manga, watching anime/random videos, or playing video games like Plants vs. Zombies.

I spend probably 80% of an average day on the computer since I live in a small town 45 minutes away from all my family and friends. It's just me and the fiance living out here, so I stay connected mostly through the internet.

My websites:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links