The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 13th, 2012, 05:19 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Stars.

How often do you stare up at them in the night sky? What is your opinion of stars? (beautiful/boring) Can you see them well from where you live? Do they fascinate you?

~★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★~
Old October 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I absolutely love stars. I'm in to astronomy, and I guess I want to be an astronomer one day. I think stars are magnificent floating light bulbs in a sea of darkness. They're beautiful, and I look at them a lot. We have a small balcony, and I stay there sometimes, watching the stars glow in the sky. And yes, they fascinate me a lot.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old October 13th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Stars are nice yeah. I think if it's a lovely cool night, and you're sitting in front of a fire pit roasting some marshmellows, it is one of the best things! Stargazing while lying in the arms of a loved one is also one of the best feelings.
Old October 13th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
They're not something I look at these days. I live in the city so they don't show up as well, and I've been inside for hours by the time it's dark (usually). They're really fascinating, though. Astronomy was one of my favorite science classes back when I was in school. Too bad I suck at math, otherwise I might've considered studying it more.
Old October 13th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Every time I'm outside when stars are out I always look at them. I find them really pretty. :3
PM
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:12 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
When stars are shining, I sometimes glance up and take a few minutes to look at them and think, "It's hard to believe that we're just a small speck among billions and billions of these stars."

Anyway, I think stars are fascinating and they sometimes get me thinking as to whether or not they have planets orbiting around them that support life.

Old October 13th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Tranca
Monolith

Nature: Modest
I find thinking and reading about space much more stimulating than simply looking at the night sky with the naked eye. However naked eye observations of stars is how the first astronomical discoveries were made. The night sky has always been of great importance to the human species.
Old October 14th, 2012, 04:07 AM
chris1067
Unhatched Egg

i love stars and just the thought that there could be other life forms out there
Old October 14th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
When I was a kid I had a dream of travelling up to the stars... Just somehow sprouting wings or getting help from animals or whatever and ascending up to be amongst all the beautiful twinkly lights where it looked like heaven... But then I went to school and found out what they actually are and how far away they are which destroyed my soul for about three months, so now I've just kind of accepted that it was a nice fantasy built around naivety and have long since stopped looking at the stars in any way other than "Oh cool, other solar systems." They were good times though :(
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I rarely get to see them, given that I live in the city (New York City, for that matter). On the rare occasion I'm out of the city and they're visible, though, I'd stare at them for hours. It's an incredible site that I love to look at.
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

Nature: Brave
Stars are amazing, stars are like.....beautiful. A few months ago, I moved to a new house and my window has a clear view of the night sky, and I can see the stars from there. So I always have my window open just to see them.

Outside is a different story. I can't view the stars myself unless I have a friend with me. :3
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:23 AM
princeofpoop
idk

Nature: Brave
Stars are definitely interesting things. It's amazing that we can even see them in the night sky. However, I can't seem to make myself care about them.
Old October 14th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Esper

I like looking at the stars and seeing if I can tell how they've changed from earlier in the year, like whether I can notice constellations appearing in the winter that weren't above the horizon in the summer. It's really relaxing to look at the stars on a really clear night, although I prefer watching meteor showers because they are exciting.

deviantart blog pair
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Crux
Evermore

Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
How morbidly comforting,the stars.
For to gaze upon them is to sober oneself with the cruel reality of our fate.
We shall never reach them,for they are as fleeting as the morrow,forever like smoke to slip through our fingers once we believe to have grasped them.
Yet,they beg you remember,that despite our insignificance,such endless strife is a product of mankinds most redeemable quality,our will to not only to survive but to reach for the heavens.

Tbh whenever I look up at the stars (which is quite often) huge balls of gas is not what springs to mind. :/
In ancient mythology they believed the stars to be the souls of heros who gained favor of the gods,and thus were given a place of honor when they passed on.
That's usually what I think of when I see the night sky. :l

In a recent study,experts found the 25% of the people that took the time to read this need to get a life.
(trololol not really. x) )

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old October 15th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Stars aren't something that have ever interested me at all. I used to find them pretty when I was a kid and I guess I still do, but I don't spend a lot of my time thinking about them like a junkie on an acid trip

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old October 15th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Hikamaru
» healer
Community Supporter

I don't really look at them since I love locking myself in my own room. Also, I'm a bit too old to be looking at stars right now.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old October 15th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Also, I'm a bit too old to be looking at stars right now.
No such thing.

It is always nice when you are out walking and you can see the starts; just makes everything a bit prettier. :)
Old October 15th, 2012, 11:14 AM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
I usually don't get to stargaze since stars aren really visible where I am. But every once in a while it's nice to lay down and stare at the sky, assuming the star you're looking at isn't the Sun.

And I can't see constellations for crap.
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Stars fascinate me, alright. I love astronomy, so that plays a big role. But I love just looking up at them, thinking about things in my life. It relaxes me. :)
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old October 16th, 2012, 01:42 PM
F1refly
Master of Infinite Darkness

What I find interesting is that some of the stars we are seeing died centuries or millenia ago, and their light is only just reaching us now. I also find it interesting as to how the ancients came up with the constellations. There has to be life somewhere out there as the universe is infinite and I think it is wierd to think otherwise.
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
STARS ARE JUST AMAZING!!
When i can't sleep i just watch the stars <3 <3

Old October 19th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Ahhh, I love looking at the stars! It doesn't top seeing the sunset when there are just enough clouds in the sky but stars are up there in things that are gorgeous about nature. Though sadly I can really identify only one constellation in the sky and that's Orion's Belt I still enjoy looking up at them from time to time.
Old October 19th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I used to be a lot more impressed with them but since there's so much light pollution in Toronto where I've mainly lived for the last decade, there's not really a whole lot to see. More stars are noticeable out where I am now but not by a whole lot. So I don't really care much now.

But if I'm out at a campsite or the relative wilderness (which is a rarity but still happens!), I almost always take notice and I'll stop to really appreciate it when I do.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old October 19th, 2012, 11:32 AM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
I tend to only really notice them:

1) Christmastime, dunno why. Seems to be when I bother looking XD

2) At the beach. Call me a cliche online dating profile, but I enjoy taking walks on the beach in the evening XD Stars are out and visible then.
Old October 20th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I love them. They make me question everything. The closest star to us is about 4 light years away, absolutely no chance that humans will be able to travel there with our current technology. Our galaxy, the Milky Way, is approx. 100,000 light years across - just remember that light travels 300,000km per second, or 9.5 trillion km a year, and it takes 100,000 years for it to travel this galaxy - and we are just one galaxy out of billions! Space is incomprehensibly huge, and I love it, I love there is just so much to explore, but I'm also sad that we'll never be able to see most of it in our lifetime. I can see the stars at my home, but at campus at uni I think there is probably too much light pollution.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here