Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:31 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish

Advertise here
So I have thought of something as I was playing my thingamadoodler today.

Isn't BW2 same the plot-wise as GSC? Of course, the evil teams and starters or whatnot are different, but aren't they almost the same?

An evil team that was defeated two years ago tries to rebuild, only to be destroyed by a new protagonist. Also, over the past two years, Pokémon habitats have changed drastically, and Pokémon previously unknown to the region have been introduced.

Lol just a thought. What about y'alls?
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt

Old November 4th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
Only major difference that I see is that Team Plasma had two different teams in B2W2, and a new Plasma arose to rebuild, while the other was trying to create a new reputation. But other than that, it's pretty much the same formula as GSC. lol

paired to crono
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
GSC were originally Pokemon 2 and the sequels to Red/Green/Blue so ya they are pretty much the same thing.
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Syltti
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
Not sure if structural similarities equate to being similar plot-wise. The thing about Team Rocket was they were merely acting out in an attempt to bring Giovanni out of hiding. Neo Plasma is acting under direct orders from Ghetsis (or Colress, either one). So.. while they may seem the same, I think things are just a tad bit different this time around.

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
White Plasmas were looking for their missing king N while the Black Plasmas were still wreaking havoc everywhere.
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Syltti
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
Well, yeah, but I was referring to Neo Plasma alone considering how little a role Old Plasma played during the story.

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here