The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Old October 13th, 2012, 02:51 PM
RedDragonSilver
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
I've been absent from Pokemon battling for a few months but I decided to jump back in and with a brand new meta. OU was ok for a while but I got bored of it, so now I want to know two things. 1: Between UU and NU, which is most played(I would assume UU but you never know) and 2: what are some preferred aspects of UU and NU. In short, the advantages and disadvantages. If the following helps at recommending a tier to try, I'm much more defensive when I make teams and play, Semi-Stall is my preferred type of team. But with that aside, for those who play in UU and NU, this is more so for you to give your insight.
Old October 13th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Zeffy
mischief managed

Most people here plays NU. I think everyone agreed to play NU for a while. I suggest playing NU because more people are acquainted with the NU metagame at the moment. I don't really play UU but I can assure you that NU is a fun tier.
Old October 13th, 2012, 07:08 PM
RedDragonSilver
Unhatched Egg

Glad you said the word I was looking for: "fun". Competitive battling is ok, but I'd rather enjoy competing than play solely to win. I'll check out NU, see how it works and go from there. Thank You.
Old October 13th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Forever

Just want to add in a bit more, UU is said to be closer to DP OU, whereas NU is close to nothing, tbh. Teams can be much more diverse because it's such a low tier and has access to Pokemon good at all sorts of roles which can easily stand out, unlike the higher tiers where teams tend to be similar and usually only succeed if they are one of three things, basically. In NU while there is the most common Pokemon, some have multiple roles and can fit into different types of teams, more than you can in the higher tiers, really. Disadvantages are that due to the diversity of the tier it's hard to know what to expect and therefore due to having less experience with certain Pokemon you may fall to its tricks more easily and ya. However in the higher tiers, less used Pokemon are less likely to be used because they're kinda set in stone already as to what's best to use.

But yeah agreeing with Zeffs, NU is best and the only thing I play now. :3;

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:47 AM
RedDragonSilver
Unhatched Egg

At first I only saw the paragraph comparing NU and UU and was slightly considering choosing UU, about to reply saying this, but I scroll down and see that last little sentence which kinda made me laugh. Your response Forever was pretty much what I expected, but both you and Zeffy together illustrated the points I was looking for. Looks like it's NU for me.
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:06 AM
shnen2
It's not a house anymore

if you like playing stall then UU is definitely for you, it's pretty much non existent in NU and NU is a very offensive tier
also UU is played more than NU
Old October 21st, 2012, 01:50 PM
RedDragonSilver
Unhatched Egg

Offensive teams aren't my bread and butter to use, your point in UU is very attractive to my taste in battle styles. shnen2, you make a good argument along with Forever and Zeffy, I'm starting to be indecisive between the two tiers. But the choices make it allot more interesting.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links