The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:01 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
What ailment do you hate the most?

Mean to have a poll, but messed up... Fffaa-!

Poison
Paralyze
Sleep
Burn
Freeze
Confusion
Infatuation
Curse

Is, is that all of them?

Last edited by T!M; July 28th, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Aerinoctis
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
Infatuation. I always have the worst luck with that, and it manages to always get me because it's mostly used by female Pokémon in-game from NPC trainers, and like I said in another thread, I almost always have only male Pokémon on my team. The others suck too, but there's nothing worse than being incapable of doing anything for me because your Pokémon is too attracted to the other to move. At least with the others there are healing items.
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Infatuation if for some odd reason I cannot switch, but Paralyze overall.

Of course for a physical Pokemon, Burn is a living hell as it renders them 100% useless.
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Katie the Friendly Ghost
I like rain.

Nature: Adamant
Paralyze. Not only does it cut speed, but I can't move like at all lol. It's fun to paralyze your opponents though haha.
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
Omg definitely infatuation :/ They use attract, and the spam double team D: , also Paralyze is annoying too, as it cuts that speed I EV trained ever so long for.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:16 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
For me it's Confusion, I seem to always get tails in the perpetual coin toss of hit-and-miss. Oddly, Infatuation doesn't bother me, I usually hit my mark even when ailed with that. *Knocks on wood*
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Meowthison
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Brave
Infatuation always renders my Pokemon useless. *_*
And like someone mentioned before the spam Double Team is a million times worse than any ailment! Dx
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:10 AM
simons545
Aspiring Master

Nature: Calm
[SIZE="a"]I'm so sick of npc's with clefairy **** CUTE CHARM!!! So infatuation has to be my no.1. Second is probably paralysis. Speed fail...[/SIZE]

Current Pokémon Black 2:
Monobug
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:00 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
As a very offensive-minded player, I hate paralysis; it hinders my chances of sweeping a team by cutting Speed and possibly preventing an attack. Sleep does come in close for a similar reason, though and confusion is more annoying than dangerous IMO.

Old July 16th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Zephele
✧ leave it to me!

Confusion and Infatuation always seem to stop my Pokemon from doing anything more than 50% of the time, particularly the latter.
But I have to admit that there's something satisfying about breaking through Confusion after the opponent just used Swagger on your physical attacker.
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:06 AM
DarkIceForever
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjagon View Post
Omg definitely infatuation :/ They use attract, and the spam double team D: , also Paralyze is annoying too, as it cuts that speed I EV trained ever so long for.
Hehe, I hope I didn't battle you because that's excactly what I do on B/W wifi single battles. Although for some reason it's all based on luck if you hit. I once maxed out evasiveness on my female Glaceon, under hail, with a brightpowder on hold and with an attracted male Typhlosion, and it still hit me with a fire blast.

Anyhow, I really dislike the frozen ailment. Once your pokemon is frozen by an Ice beam or Blizzard it's all over, but again, if you're lucky you unfreeze in the turn after you're frozen.
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:20 AM
wubwubwubwub

Nature: Lax
I'm going to say confusion! Because my pokemon's attacks work less than 60% of the time everytime!(Anchorman reference :3) But seriously there's nothing more infuriating than watching your pokemon hurt itself when your opponent only needs one more hit to die :<

All credit for my signature goes to Bobina30! :3
Kanto-Johto-Hoenn-Sinnoh-Unova
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Mango Dolphin
The Trainer that's a Pony

Nature: Quirky
Let's act this out.
Jigglypuff used Sing!
Mango fell asleep!
Lunaria used Shout loudly!
Nothing happened.
"COME ON, GET THE FLUFFING FUDGE UP, MANGO!!!!"
Nothing happened.

You see, no matter how much you scream at your 3DS, they won't wake up until they feel like it.
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I hate confusion, it just drags especially I'm the one confused or so it seems to be the case 90% of the time. I don't have a problem with Infatuation or Freeze considering it rarely happens but Burn and Paralyse can be a pain effecting stats and whatnot.

Team αlpha
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight

Nature: Hardy
Paralysis. I hate that condition. Slowed speeds, since my Pokémon mainly rely on speed, is a recipe for disaster. Plus, the "unable to move" part is even more annoying. It renders my Pokémon as useful as a bag of soap.

Sleep, easy.
Frost, easy.
Burns, easy.
Poison, easy.
Infatuation, easy.
Confusion, easy.
Paralysis....
Argh!

“Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.”
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Ugh, I hate like all status ailments so much, so it's hard to choose between them. Freeze is probably the one I hate the least, since I always seem to break out of it right away, and it's not one I see that often. Infatuation never really bugged me either, because usually I'm still able to attack like 80% of the time.

I'd say i hate Poison, Confusion and Sleep equally, because they're all just so goddang annoying. Poison not only affects you each turn in-battle, but slowly drains the life away from your Pokémon outside of battle if they aren't healed, and I usually never heal them.

I never seem to be able to hit when confused, and one time I didn't hit once with one of my Pokémon because of the stupid confusion, and it's especially annoying in battles that are already tough. Getting confused with Swagger though never appears to be a problem, and I'm usually able to hit, which helped me a lot while beating the Pokémon league in Sapphire no too long ago xD

I just genuinely hate Sleep. It comes at the worst times, and except for the first generation where you had the PokéFlute, I just never have anything to help me against it with me, so I'm usually stuck trying to wake up my Pokémon throughout the whole battle against Pokémon with one of those moves.
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Hanley

Sleep & Confusion. Not just in Black, mind you; right across the board in all the games. I don't really have a problem with anything else. Rarely encounter Burn or Freeze; the latter can be a pain, though. I don't know when I last came across Infatuation.

For some reason, Paralyze doesn't really seem to do what it's intended to do on me. It might block me from making a move, like, one in every six or seven times. Lucky, I guess. Poison is something I've either just gotten used to from the start or just doesn't bother me. Sleep & Confusion, though... ugh.
Old July 17th, 2012, 10:57 AM
pokehearts
I like trains.

Nature: Naive
I hate any Ailment that I can't heal with Items at the Time.

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity
Old July 17th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Playing through the game, I hate all status ailments equally. When it comes to battling online, though, Paralysis emerges as my least favorite one because it's a double whammy - it cuts speed and limits your opportunities for attack. And since at least half my team typically relies on speed, that's obviously a big hindrance to me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old July 17th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Infatuation and Sleep are both equally for me the worst when happen to my own team. Once in a while most of my Pokemon are male (I just catch the first one that comes out - and I haven't caught yet, I don't care much for gender)

Sleep, I really never carry enough (or any at all) awakening potions, when opponent use sing I really really hope the attack misses, otherwise my Pokemon won't be able to battle 3-4 turns.

The one I worry the least about is Paralyz, Persian has Limber Limb so can't be paralyzed. Its always the first in my teams.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - Giving Challenges a quick break so I can enjoy OR/AS
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 16
Random Challenge - Badges: 3/8 - game: Y - Location: Shalour City
50/50 Challenge - Badges 5/8 - Game Y - Location: Route 14
Old July 17th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Tetrakeet
Lilligant's Caretaker

Nature: Careful
Probably poison, because it lasts outside of battle and forces me to invest in antidotes (or a cleric). My absolute least favorite part of Pokemon statuses is evasion maneuvers and debuffs though (like Emolga...*eye twitch*).

Old July 17th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Yoshikkko

That is DEFINITELY Paralysis. After that probably comes Confusion and Infatuation.

Paralysis is just so infuriating, because you can't do anything and it's so uncertain, you don't know when you'll be able to attack or not, and not being able to attack 5 times in a row while there IS the chance that you could attack is worse than getting constant damage but attacking, or being disabled completely like with Sleep or Freeze because at least you know what's up.

Confusion because you get damage yourself when it fails, and Infatuation pretty much for the same reason as Paralysis, but less worse because it wears off when you switch out.
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:14 PM
theSyko501

I hate them all the same just verry annoying.

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:31 PM
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
It's definitely confusion. My Pokemon hurt themselves 99/100 times xD And when I switch my Pokemon, the opponent uses confuse ray/supersonic/swagger again, and it's just really really annoying x.x

Any spriter interested in having their Fakemon appear in a fan game? Or designing fake Mega Evolutions? Shoot me a PM
Old July 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
It used to be Poison, especially when it used to take effect outside of battle. More recently though I found myself frustrated with confusion, as before I seemed to have pretty good luck with it, but now 3 out of 4 times my Pokemon seems to hurt itself in it's confusion.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links