Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old October 18th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
I always liked how in the anima, Ash always caught more than 6 pokemon, and would train and battle them all, so lately, at least in Gen5, I've been raising teams of 8 or 9, switching them off every couple towns, as Ash would do. With the new XP system, and lucky eggs that I've collected in the past (6 of them lol) I find this isnt too hard, and very enjoyable.

Anybody else every done this? Or thought of doing this? What's your opinion?
Old October 18th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I do. Depending on what training I am doing I usually have about 10-15 main battlers that I switch in and out of my party. I have some for the Pokemon League(usually only takes one Pokemon for me.) Some for the PWT depending on which tournament. SOme for the battle subway. I usually try to have a Pokemon on level 100 for each type or at least most of the types(I usually avoid steel and rock types).

"By force of will!"
Old October 18th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I really wish I had done this, but personally I am not the best trainer xD I have a difficult time getting a team of 6 Pokemon all up to level, so I usually force myself to be limited to a team of only 5 or so!
Old October 18th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
There are times when I wish I could have more than six Pokemon in my party but thinking about it, six is just the right amount to control.
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'd stick with 6 Pokemon cos it's not too big, not too small, but just right.
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:41 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
During the main game I haven't done this. I'd get annoyed switching Pokemon in and out at every town. Not to mention they'd all be underleveled. I have wanted to have more than 6 Pokemon, but I wouldn't have the patience. :P
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Tman109ner

I think that it would just make battles wayyyy too long. The main story would take forever with 2 extra pokemon to defeat per fight. Maybe as a link/wifi battle of some sort.
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:37 AM
awolfsquared
Prattoween
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I'm fine with having just 6 Pokemon to train, it's just the right amount. I sometimes rotate between one Pokemon and another though.

Andy and April's Halloween party: "Someone will die" "...of fun!" "And of murder..."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Old October 19th, 2012, 01:41 AM
The Works
Omochikaeri!

Location: There was supposed to be a location here but I'm too lazy so
Nature: Timid
I hope Game Freak doesn't EVER increase the maximum Pokés at hand. It just makes training very tedious. I am horrible at training, so...
Old October 19th, 2012, 09:39 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
6 Pokemon is just right for me. While having more seems like a good idea, it might make battles more about switching to try to win battles.

Old October 21st, 2012, 01:02 PM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I usually just replace the 'weaklings' in my party as I go along, but a lot of the Pokemon I capture early in the game make my final team (more so in the Gen 5 GAMES).
Old October 21st, 2012, 02:03 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

I've never done this, and to be fair, I'm horrible at balancing my team even when I have 6 Pokemon, and I'm not the person that's much for grinding, so I have a feeling I'd never make it through with a team of over 6 Pokemon anyways, and I'd probably give up on some of them at one point. Although it's actually a really great idea, and I just wish it worked more like the anime when it came to this.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

I never have done this. I usually just stick with 6, perfect amount imo.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
I've always stuck with six. Urr but maybe once I rotated one pokemon with another, idk. But yea six is a comfortable number of pokemon.
Zi-Zi's Journey - Lindsey Stirling
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here