The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 21st, 2012, 02:41 AM
Aaron40

Hey,
So the new item to be in B/W2 is the Shiny Charm that you get after capturing all of the pokemon in the national dex to reduce the chance and a random shiny encounter.

What do people think?
is it worth capturing every single for pokemon for this one item.

opinions below
Old October 21st, 2012, 06:10 AM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
I think it's worth it. People have done it in previous games for less reward. It kinda sucks though, because if I get the Shiny Charm, it's not like I'm going to be looking for any more Pokemon haha.
Old October 21st, 2012, 06:14 AM
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have to say it's worth it, cos it's encouraging more people to complete the Pokedex. However, if I ever achieved such a goal I wouldn't use it anyway since I don't care much for shinies.
Old October 21st, 2012, 08:05 AM
Cassino

For twice the chance (read: still practically none) simply to get a palette-swap... no.
Completing the 'dex is its own reward for some people, that's not up to me, but I don't think the item makes it worthwhile.
Old October 21st, 2012, 08:43 AM
rizoph
Mime Jr.

Nature: Mild
Uh, no. I can't get EVERY Pokemon just to get more Pokemon shiny. Also, finding a shiny wouldn't mean as much if you have the item.

Join tsukinohito.com/temp_forum
Old October 21st, 2012, 10:49 AM
GardevoirxGalladeForever
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
...Absolutely...
NOT. I don't really think it's worth it, all that hard work for some puny shiny. It's not like they have maxed stats or anything, y'know
Old October 21st, 2012, 02:48 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

I think its a nice treat for people, I just think that you should be able to get it for another accomplishment. I mean, completing the dex to get it is weird because since you caught them all, whats the point of looking for the same pokemon just with a different color? Idk, its weird to me. I do like the idea of the item though.
Old October 21st, 2012, 05:33 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I personally like shinies, so Im really excited that they have this now. Im gonna fill my Pokedex just for this reward, I expect it to take quite a long time, lol XD
Old October 21st, 2012, 05:56 PM
Sydian
there it is

Nature: Timid
That's lots of encouragement. I can RNG though, so it's not of use to me, however, it would probably help with wild RNG (not sure if RNG reporter accounts for the Shiny Charm though, but I would assume it does?) so it's still interesting. I was probably gonna try to completely my National Dex anyway, just for the fun of it, so I'll end up getting it eventually. :) It'll be nice to have a better chance of finding a random shiny though, yes!

Play the game to change the game
Old October 21st, 2012, 06:09 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
This item sounds awesome, but it would be a lot more feasible if there were still only 251 Pokemon. Trying to get 649 just to increase the chance to get a shiny Pokemon that...
1) Might not be the one you'd want?
2) Would require extensive training in a game you've already trained the [bleep] out of
3) Probably won't appear anyway

This basically just rewards busywork with even more busywork. Yay, I get to keep my job of being teh very best liek no1 eva wuz just cuz I wanna get teh shinies becuz they r neato!

Words cannot express how stupid I just made myself look.

Credit to whomever drew that Hilda picture. Lemme know if that's you.

~*~ 3DS FC: 3540-0366-4191 ||| Mii name: Andy ||| IGN: Amanda ~*~
Old October 21st, 2012, 07:23 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
It's something I would never be able to get because I have never completed a national pokedex but it's a nice item. Just wish the requirements were easier haha.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 12:00 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
Eh...that's something I won't be able to achieve for my entire life..hmph...complete national pokedex T_T

It's quite more encouraging, better than a simple diploma of some sort like previous game. It isn't worth it for me though...if it was a shiny AND maxed IVs, then probably yes, that would make things so unique.

And btw, how much does this item make shinies easier to encounter? Like, what will be the percentage.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 01:26 AM
Aaron40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
Eh...that's something I won't be able to achieve for my entire life..hmph...complete national pokedex T_T

It's quite more encouraging, better than a simple diploma of some sort like previous game. It isn't worth it for me though...if it was a shiny AND maxed IVs, then probably yes, that would make things so unique.

And btw, how much does this item make shinies easier to encounter? Like, what will be the percentage.
I think it goes up to 33%
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:01 AM
Red99
World Champion

Nature: Rash
I think the Shining Charm is a great reward for people who can complete the National Pokedex, mainly just because I enjoy catching Pokemon for fun. It's better than getting a diploma,or something like that.

Don't listen to all those rumors about me, I'm just your average everyday Pokemon trainer!
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:06 AM
何贤豪

It isn't bad, but still, even after the multiplication and probably adding up with the Masuda Method, I don't think it'd be great. Unless if two would stack up with the Masuda Method as well, it isn't great...and anyways, with the whole RNG abuse bit of eggs removed, it's hard to get Shiny Pokemon from it, even with the boost. But at least they did this, and it isn't so bad. At least the chances were boosted.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:01 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I actually think it's a great reward. Even if you have all the Pokemon, you still may want more--for example, if I had a Mienfoo but then came across a shiny, I'd still want to catch the shiny! Also, if you're even a semi-competitive battler, you'd be breeding a lot of Pokemon to try to get a good nature. Combine this with the Oval Charm and the Masuda Method and you might have a shiny that's competition-worthy! I also know many "shiny hunters" who stalk the tall grass of certain routes looking for a specific shiny Pokemon because they love their alternate color so much (I know I'm guilty of soft-resetting on legendaries for their shinies, too).

For me, the game doesn't instantly end after completing the PokeDex. Especially since in B2W2 there's a lot of post-game content, I'd still have lots to engage in after my PokeDex is completed, so I'd definitely be glad to have the Shiny Charm.

In SoulSilver I completed my national PokeDex just for the sake of completing it, but it was still lame that in the end all I got was a diploma that I didn't even know how to view again. Maybe to some people it isn't enough of an incentive, but to someone who already has the drive to complete the PokeDex, which is a big reward in and of itself, the Shiny Charm just makes it better! I wouldn't say it's the absolute best of rewards but to me it's still a great one.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:11 AM
dphoenix84
Fashion Designer

i personally think its great, and play on getting it.... for some of the pokemon i like to use would be shiny, all my pokemon would be blue! :D
Old December 21st, 2012, 05:21 PM
johndameart
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
At first I thought it was worth it....but after I would get it? I wouldnt really be searching for any kind of pokemon when it is still difficult to find them shiny even after you have it.. :/
Old December 22nd, 2012, 06:32 AM
Shirehorse7
Unhatched Egg

I never played B2W2 but it might be cool to have this charm i would just want my favorite shiny pokemon like ponyta and blitzle

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:52 AM
ThatSuperHappyCloud
Cloud

Nature: Serious
well while trying to complete the dex back in soul silver i did find a shiny hoothoot. and that was cool. so maybe if i try to fill this dex ill get another shiny and then ill get the charm afterwards

also do you get the charm for seeing al pokemon in the game or do you have to catch em all, so to speak

http://www.youtube.com/user/JrLxGaming?feature=mhee

signature and avatar made by me

Last edited by ThatSuperHappyCloud; December 22nd, 2012 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Do not revive threads that have not been posted in for over 30 days. It is against the rules to do so. Please be sure to check each individual forum for their own rules, as well as reading up on the main site's set of rules.

Closed.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links