The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 24th, 2012, 07:52 AM
zheyuen
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
I got a second hand pokémon sapphire cartridge off of someone. The chips and circuitry and everything seems legit, but I'm a little worried if the game has a hacked rom. I want to make sure if my game is fully legit, and even if the cartridge is legit, i do NOT want a hacked rom inside it.

You see, I was browsing through his team on his saved file and he has several Pokémon he received from trades. HOWEVER, he has a Numel he met at Fiery Path that is under an entirely different Trainer name and a Grovyle that is under a different Trainer name. Yet, it states that he "met (numel) at Fiery Path" and "met (grovyle) at Route 101".

So I was wondering if the cartridge had been hacked and is there a way to reset it to an unhacked state if it is? Or should I return it?

EDIT: I've never traded Pokémon or anything before, so I'm not quite sure about these kinds of things.

Really sorry if my question is really stupid, never owned a Sapphire cartridge before. This is my first and only Pokémon Sapphire cartridge I have and I have never traded before.

Last edited by zheyuen; October 24th, 2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Gunter's Mew
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
He may just took an action replay or gameshark to it. They do make hacking devices for the GBA iirc. He may hack on the game but the game itself isn't illegal. Just start a new save and it should be fine.
Just for fun I am running a massive favorite Pokemon poll. Unlike most common polls this will list the most favorite to the least favorite at the bottom of the page. I won't be mad if you only vote for a few of them though I would love it if you vote for all of them. PM me if you voted for all of them, I would like to keep a list of people who actively vote so I can PM them for the next round.

-Sadly not by my choice you are forced to have a Facebook or make an account on the site to vote. I recommend making an account, the site is quite useful for tournaments of any kind and you don't even need to verified the account at all. My existing account been unverified for over a year now out of laziness.
-You may vote as little or as much as you like though once you hit the button then it is set in stone for any votes that you did made. For example you can do half of the 1st gen one day and the other half the next. You just can't change your mind later for anything you already voted for. If the button no longer there then you voted for everything possible for that round.
-I will only update this when I feel I have a decent amount of votes to give a decent result.
-You may vote for that Pokemon for any given reason. Just go for your personal favorite.
-If you need a reference of their designs then you can use this or your favorite site with images.
Old October 24th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
They're probably traded. If the Pokemon are from the same game and it's traded to another game that takes place in the same region, it'll still say "met in ____" as opposed to when traded to a different region, which would say "met in (region)" or "met at a faraway place." For example, if I trade my Altaria from Ruby to Sapphire and we met in the Sky Pillar, when it goes to my Sapphire, it would still say "met in Sky Pillar." So I think it's fine, really, but if it bothers you, just restart it I guess. :/ It seems fine to me, though. They're just traded is all it seems like.

Anyway, I think that answers that, but if you have more questions or my answer doesn't fully convince you (which I mean, don't take my word as law, I was just assessing this with the information I was given!) then feel free to ask more questions in the Q&A thread. It's at the top of this section.

Oh, and it might do you some good to check the trainer card and see the number of link trades the game has performed. If there are less than two, then the previous owner possibly hacked for those.

Locked.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here