Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 20th, 2016 (3:56 PM). Edited June 24th, 2016 by StarsMmd.

Nature: Relaxed

The world's first ever released Pokemon XD:GoD hack!

Main Features:
- Physical/Special Split
- Gen VI type matchup chart including fairy type
- New set of shadow pokemon and other obtainable pokemon
- Moves and abilities from later generations
- More challenging opponents
- Bonsly is finally playable!

v0.9.6+ save file compatibility
v0.9.7 should be 100% compatible with v0.9.6 saves
Save files started on a version below 0.9.6 may have the following issues:
Spoiler:
- Some pokemon may have different moves(mainly shadow moves)/abilities since some old ones were swapped out.
- If you have reached about half way through the phenac city arc before updating then you will have missed at least one of the new shadow pokemon and therefore won't be able to fight Mirror B. for the last shadow pokemon at the end. You can play just fine if you don't mind this.
- The shadow monitor has been fixed but it will still show the wrong pokemon if the save file was created on a previous version.
- If you caught shadow pinsir,absol,tyranitar,gardevoir or crawdaunt in a previous version they will disappear

If you are starting a new save file then everything will work just fine.

If you are using state saves instead of save files then most of the changes won't be present. This is true of any update.

Download
Pokemon XG: neXt Gen v0.9.7

Other features
Spoiler:
- Gen VI critical hit multiplier
- Your team is automatically healed before snattle and greevil (after shadow lugia)
- Move tutor moves can be learned as many times as you like
- The move relearner costs 5 pokecoupons per move (it still says 1000 though)
- Can rename pokemon that you don't own, namely zaprong
- Decapitalised text
- Deoxys is in attack forme
- Increased chance of finding shinies. Shadow pokemon can be shiny without the colosseum glitch
- 2 starter pokemon
- You don't need to beat 1-100 all in a row in mt.battle to get the prizes. (Although I haven't got to the top myself to test that it works though)
- HM moves can be deleted without the move deleter
- The trainers at the pyrite duel square can be used strategically for EV training; they use pokemon chosen specifically to give 1 type of EV

Change Log:
Spoiler:
v0.9.7
- Eevee now evolves into Espeon and Umbreon using sun and moon stones respectively
- All evolutions are now for sale at the pyrite poke mart
- Wild Eevee are now obtainable instead of dratini
- Changes have been made to better balance the shadow pokemon
- The "lucky egg" quest after the first round of orre colosseum now gives a soul dew as the reward
- The "shininess" of trainer pokemon is now fixed unless they are shadow pokemon which still have a random chance of being shiny
- Rare candies are for sale at an increased price from the herbalist
- Mt.Battle prizes at level 60 (unconfirmed)
- Decreased the chances of the rare encounters at pokespots

v0.9.6
- more shadow pokemon
- shadow monitor shows the right species
- box naming glitch no longer occurs
- minor pokemart item changes, e.g. more TMs at realgam tower
- shiny starter beldum with full oras event moveset
- outskirt stand text updated properly
- better AI (probably)
- better EV trainers at the duel square
- removed shadow aura ability
- Prankster ability now has a description
- space in Mirror B.'s name
- updated shadow moves
- Less OP level up moves for pokemon
- All tutor moves are available from the start
- reduced levels on mt.battle

v0.9.3
- Critical hits now do 1.5x more damage instead of 2x like in gen VI
- Reduced the levels of pokespot encounters
- removed protect from the movesets of irrelevant trainers until I got bored. More to come in future updates
- TM descriptions now fit inside the box
- Shadow Zangoose's level is now 35
- Fixed some minor errors with moves like "Moonblast" being misnamed "Moon Blast" and drill run having the wrong effect

v0.9.1
- fixed a bug which prevented pokemon from being given nicknames
- made Troy stronger so he always OHKO's Zangoose
- Renamed all remaining trainers
- Updated text inconsistencies from the early game and orre colosseum

Known Bugs:
Spoiler:
- Pokespot pokemon don’t have overworld models
- Flash fire only boosts special fire moves
- Pokemon with abilities that boost moves can’t learn those moves by TM or move tutor
- the move relearner says it costs 1000 coupons per move, it actually costs 5.
- sometimes when trying to teach a pokemon a tutor move it says its already learned. You can ignore this and it works fine

Notes:
Spoiler:

updates and save states
If you load a save state instead of saving manually then you won't get most of the changes from the updates if you loaded a state save from a previous version. If you save manually afterwards and then load the save file normally it will get the updates and then you can use save states as before.

Compatibility
Since a lot of things have been removed/replaced in XG it doesn't work as intended with save editors. I would avoid trying to change a pokemon's moves or species for now. You should be fine modifying natures and other stats though. It isn't compatible with vanilla XD or trading with gba games.

Techincal Limitations
These aren't really bugs but more things that can't be perfected because the necessary mechanics weren't available in XD.
- Moves like bulldoze, discharge and surf only hit opponents (only earthquake affects your ally as well)
- Sucker punch is a regular priority move and isn't affected by your opponent's move choice
- Abilities like technician and prankster don't work on moves that weren't learned naturally. (i.e. taught using a save editor or action replay)

Pokemon Changes
Some pokemon have had their types and stats changed to reflect newer pokemon which I felt fit the game better.
When you encounter one of these pokemon you can treat as if it was the newer pokemon.

Forretress -> Ferrothorn (grass/steel)
Noctowl->Mandibuzz (flying/dark)
Jumpluff->Whimsicott (fairy/grass)

Other pokemon may have had their stats modified just a tiny bit. Mostly just to match the stat changes they had in the canon games after Gen 3. A lot of pokemon received minor buffs like alakazam gained 10 more spdef and cleffable gained 10 more spatk in gen 6.

All the pokemon that gained the fairy typing in gen 6 will have the fairy type in XG. In addition to jumpluff now being grass/fairy, jynx is now ice/fairy and altaria is dragon/fairy just to increase the number of fairies in the game.

Similarly to add more dragon types, ampharos and sceptile now have dragon as a secondary typing.

Realgam Tower
Battle bingo and Battle sims in Realgam tower have been temporarily removed on purpose so if you talk to the NPCs they will do nothing.

How to patch:
The UPS program Tsukuyomi is reportedly unable to patch the ISO. NUPS is apparently working though.
Apply the patch file to a clean Pokemon XD: Gale of darkness ISO using any UPS patcher. This patch was made for the NTSC (US) version so it may not work on other versions.
Always patch onto a clean ISO, even if you are applying an update.

FAQs:
Spoiler:
How complete is this hack?
It is essentially done. You can play through from start to end and everything that I want to implement has been implemented. The only thing left is to fix battle bingo and the battle CDs. I release ypdates for minor bug fixes or changes based on feedback. Once battle bingo and CDs are back in I'll consider it v1.0.

Why did/didn't you _____ ?
Some things just aren't possible right now or are too time consuming so some decisions may seem really weird but were the best I could do. I'm still working on the game though so over time things should improve

Why aren’t there more shadow pokemon?
Spoiler:
Too many shadow pokemon would make the game a little tedious with all the time spent snagging pokemon that aren’t useful to the player just for the sake of having more shadow pokemon.

Why is/isn’t there a shadow ____ in this game?
Spoiler:
The shadow pokemon were chosen very carefully taking into consideration things like having enough representatives. Also the pokemon chosen allow the player to build different types of teams such as rain/sun/sand/stall/offense. Mew isn’t included because it is buggy right now but all other legendaries are obtainable. Bonsly is included since it was every single XD player’s dream at the time. Every obtainable pokemon is subject to change depending on the response from the community.

Is it possible to add gen 4+ mons / fakemons?
Spoiler:
GCN hacks are still really new and not many people even know they are possible yet so it will probably be a long time before anything like that is possible. It's possible in theory, just nobody knows how to do it right now and the people who have the specialties required to figure something like that out haven't come forward yet.

Is it possible to make all shadow pokemon have dark skins like shadow lugia?
Spoiler:
Not yet but maybe one day soon. It’s easy to do in theory, just requires some research on how the textures are stored in the model files.

Does this hack work on nintendon’t/dolphin?
Spoiler:
Yes.

Is it possible to randomise pokemon XD?
Spoiler:
Coming soon

Special Thanks
[MENTION=27256]Tux[/MENTION] [MENTION=52099]Tiddlywinks[/MENTION] [MENTION=49403]psy_commando[/MENTION]

Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen - The world's first ever Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness hack.

>>Donations<<

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 21st, 2016 (11:38 PM).
I'mma Wrong Grammar person

Nature: Lonely
I just want to try this, but idk if i get one emulator for android?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 22nd, 2016 (1:10 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiters View Post
I just want to try this, but idk if i get one emulator for android?
Yeah I think Dolphin emulator has an android version now. I don't use android myself though so I'm not sure.

Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen - The world's first ever Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness hack.

>>Donations<<
Old June 24th, 2016 (9:01 AM).

I've updated the original post with details of v0.9.7 and the new download link. Be sure to check it out

>>Donations<<
Old June 24th, 2016 (11:33 AM).
zef

how come you changed trainer names?
Old June 24th, 2016 (12:27 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zef View Post
how come you changed trainer names?
Hahaha I get asked that a lot. Personally I hated the orre names and I played through XD a lot of times in the process of making this hack. They started to annoy me after a while so I just got rid of them. I understand that not everyone likes that they're different because they've grown attached to the old names but you can never really please everyone I guess.

>>Donations<<
Old July 6th, 2016 (3:13 PM).

how do i catch the bonsly in the ship
Old July 6th, 2016 (3:25 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by personz5 View Post
how do i catch the bonsly in the ship
You have to walk really slowly. If you're on dolphin emulator and you're using the keyboard then as soon as you tap the keys it moves at max speed. I think you have to go to your controller settings and turn downthe max value on the control stick.

>>Donations<<
Old July 8th, 2016 (2:59 PM).
Trainer

Nature: Lax
Hey, I haven't played this hack yet, but it looks really good. However when I played XD Gale of Darkness on its own on Dolphin emulator, the game crashed in the cave in Agate Village. Is there any way to keep that from happening?
Old July 8th, 2016 (3:21 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonlover493 View Post
Hey, I haven't played this hack yet, but it looks really good. However when I played XD Gale of Darkness on its own on Dolphin emulator, the game crashed in the cave in Agate Village. Is there any way to keep that from happening?
I haven't heard of that happening before and I don't really see any reason why that would happen. You can try dolphin 5.0 which was recently released. It seems to be really stable.
Alternatively, if you have a wii or wii u lying around you can follow some relatively simple steps to get a gamecube emulator on it (I use nintendon't). Since it runs the actual official gamecube emulator it runs perfectly.

>>Donations<<
Old July 8th, 2016 (3:43 PM).
Trainer

I just now downloaded Dolphin 5.0. I will download this hack when I am sure that it is not being updated anymore. What all are you doing to update the hack StarsMmd?
Old July 8th, 2016 (3:46 PM).

Quote:
I just now downloaded Dolphin 5.0. I will download this hack when I am sure that it is not being updated anymore. What all are you doing to update it more StarsMmd?
It's mostly done. I just have to put battle bingo and battle cds back in. There'll be a minor update in a few days which moves a few shadow pokemon around. Nothing important but you can wait for that one if you like. Everything after that will just be added on but won't affect the rest of the game.

>>Donations<<
Old July 8th, 2016 (3:55 PM).
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsMmd View Post
It's mostly done. I just have to put battle bingo and battle cds back in. There'll be a minor update in a few days which moves a few shadow pokemon around. Nothing important but you can wait for that one if you like. Everything after that will just be added on but won't affect the rest of the game.
Will saves be able to be carried over between updates? Will you be able to download the battle bingo and battle cds update whenever that will be released and patch it to the game after saving with the update that will be coming out in a few days? Sorry if this question is hard to understand, but I couldn't think of a good way to word it.
Old July 8th, 2016 (4:08 PM).

Quote:
Will saves be able to be carried over between updates? Will you be able to download the battle bingo and battle cds update whenever that will be released and patch it to the game after saving with the update that will be coming out in a few days? Sorry if this question is hard to understand, but I couldn't think of a good way to word it.
That's okay, I get asked a lot so I have a good idea of what you mean.

The save file will transfer over. The battle bingo/cd update is another patch which you apply to a clean ISO but doesn't change anything that affects the save. The save file will still work fine with no problems.

>>Donations<<
Old July 8th, 2016 (4:20 PM).
Trainer

I have another question. Which pokemon did you give shadow forms to that didn't have them originally?

P.S. Sorry about all the questions, but this will be my first gamecube hack I ever played, and also XD was one of my first two Gamecube games I ever had and played.
Old July 8th, 2016 (4:23 PM).

Quote:
I have another question. Which pokemon did you give shadow forms to that didn't have them originally?

P.S. Sorry about all the questions, but this will be my first gamecube hack I ever played, and also XD was one of my first two Gamecube games I ever had and played.
There are a lot of them. I don't actually have an updated list right now either. There are 100 shadow pokemon in XG and almost all of them are different from the original.

>>Donations<<
Old July 9th, 2016 (11:54 AM).
Trainer

Hey, StarsMmd. A few more questions. What is the timetable on the minor update? Also, do you think you can post some screenshots of the changes? No rush for the minor update. I am just wondering, because I am looking forward to playing the game. Good luck with the rest of it.
Old July 9th, 2016 (12:41 PM).

Quote:
Hey, StarsMmd. A few more questions. What is the timetable on the minor update? Also, do you think you can post some screenshots of the changes? No rush for the minor update. I am just wondering, because I am looking forward to playing the game. Good luck with the rest of it.
Well I don't have any particular schedule. There isn't much left to do tbh but I got hooked on pokemon go XD. Should be soon though! There isn't really much that's worth showing screenshots for. Thanks!

>>Donations<<
Old July 9th, 2016 (1:23 PM).
Trainer

What projects do you have planned after this? Also, are all pokemon available in this hack? Is that even possible to make them all available in XD?
Old July 9th, 2016 (3:37 PM).

Quote:
What projects do you have planned after this? Also, are all pokemon available in this hack? Is that even possible to make them all available in XD?
Not every pokemon is available. It's possible to have about 150 obtainable pokemon without making any drastic changes. I'm not sure it's possible to represent every evolution line in only 150 slows by I may be mistaken.

I'm working on hack tools for colosseum, xd and battle revolution as well as xd randomisers. Mu colosseum randomiser is already out but could do with some work.

>>Donations<<
Old July 11th, 2016 (6:31 PM).
norмal rυleѕ don'т apply тo мe...
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
Sounds awesome, but there is no screenshots or videos?

Old July 11th, 2016 (6:31 PM).
Crystal Tier

Which ROM base you used man?

Old July 11th, 2016 (6:33 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel-O View Post
Which ROM base you used man?
There are no screenshots because there isn't really anything special to show. I'll see if I can put them up sometime when I finally get off pokemon GO!

The ROM base is Pokemon XD:Gale of Darkness on Gamecube

>>Donations<<
Old July 11th, 2016 (6:36 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsMmd View Post
The ROM base is Pokemon XD:Gale of Darkness on Gamecube
I'm so sorry didn't notice that, well done, I will give it a try by tomorrow! (y)

Old July 11th, 2016 (6:37 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel-O View Post
I'm so sorry didn't notice that, well done, I will give it a try by tomorrow! (y)
That's okay I hope you enjoy it, thanks!

>>Donations<<
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links