The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: At what age?
10+ 1 0.94%
20+ 4 3.77%
30+ 3 2.83%
40+ 1 0.94%
50+ 0 0%
'Til death 64 60.38%
Not at a specific age, etc. 33 31.13%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 26th, 2012, 07:57 AM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
When will you guys quit playing? When the last game comes out? Will you replay the games? Will you clear the Pokedex (legitimatly). When 6th gen reveals that all the new pokemon are inanimate objects? Etc. I will keep playing even after the games end, replay all the games, try and fail to complete the Pokedex, etc. When will you quit?
Til Death, basically.

~Sincerely
PikakittenX, devout member of the Pokecommunity

Last edited by pikakitten; October 26th, 2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Rothometapratis

I don't plan or guess doing it ever.
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Pechachu
Indifference, I choose you!

Nature: Careful
I don't really see it as something I ever want to stop playing. Even if I never buy new games, I'll always enjoy the ones I already own and revisit them from time to time. Pokemon was such a huge part of my childhood, I don't see any reason why I should have to give it up just because I'm a grown up.

As long as they keep making the games well and continue to bring new and interesting ideas to the field, I'll keep buying them. Seems reasonable to me.

Pechachu ♀/ Lvl 19
I should probably play & post more.

Friend Codes
White 2: 1850 9621 9807
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
I don't really think I can ever see myself not playing Pokémon. I think I'd probably stop when the actually franchise just sort of dies out; even then, I most likely still play the games I do have until I forget about them and/or lose interest in them completely. I'd like to think that the day I stop playing is the day I die.

The actual thought of the possibility of me quitting Pokémon is making quite sad, to be honest. Pokémon has always been apart of my life, and I'd hate for it to just...not be anymore.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old October 26th, 2012, 09:16 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I don't know when I'll quit, honestly. The games and anime are enough to keep me in the franchise for now.

Old October 26th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Gunter's Mew
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Until I can't emulate them anyone.

Just kidding of course though the fact I was able to emulate my older games did help to get me into the mood of Pokemon, if I didn't go back to my older games I would most likely completely ignore gen 5 just like how I ignored gen 4. As long I can emulate the games that I own legally I doubt I would really ever quit playing the older games. The battery life is no longer an issue.

As for the newer ones, though the "trade while the Pokemon is holding this item" is annoying I can see how they would be able to make it worst. "After this Pokemon been traded while holding this otherwise useless item, you need to train it inside this exact area while it's happiness is max during nighttime. You also need a spare Pokeball and depending on the weather at the time it may have up to 4 forms. blah blah blah o yea and it need to be holding a master ball when you level up and the item shall be lost during evolution." Sometimes I wish they would get the hint that people want it less complex, not more. The fact we have hacks so you can collect them all in one cart and evolve them without the crazy requirements should be a good sign. Do the Japanese seriously enjoy that stuff?

Also of there were to take the DLC/pay-to-play route then I would have to stop cold turkey. I can deal with Dragon Warrior Monsters and Shin Megami Tensi just as well as Pokemon. Honestly I am only into Pokemon as they were the series that won between Digimon, DWM, Monster Ranchers, etc in the monster game clone war. I honestly could do without Gamefreak if given the choice for my monster catching/training games.
Just for fun I am running a massive favorite Pokemon poll. Unlike most common polls this will list the most favorite to the least favorite at the bottom of the page. I won't be mad if you only vote for a few of them though I would love it if you vote for all of them. PM me if you voted for all of them, I would like to keep a list of people who actively vote so I can PM them for the next round.

-Sadly not by my choice you are forced to have a Facebook or make an account on the site to vote. I recommend making an account, the site is quite useful for tournaments of any kind and you don't even need to verified the account at all. My existing account been unverified for over a year now out of laziness.
-You may vote as little or as much as you like though once you hit the button then it is set in stone for any votes that you did made. For example you can do half of the 1st gen one day and the other half the next. You just can't change your mind later for anything you already voted for. If the button no longer there then you voted for everything possible for that round.
-I will only update this when I feel I have a decent amount of votes to give a decent result.
-You may vote for that Pokemon for any given reason. Just go for your personal favorite.
-If you need a reference of their designs then you can use this or your favorite site with images.
Old October 26th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
N to the E to the V to the E to the R~

NEVER!

I can never quit this addiction no matter how many interventions you try to throw my way~

Try to make me stop and I shall pelt you with Pokeballs!
Old October 26th, 2012, 09:42 AM
ThatOneGolurk
Amateur

Nature: Timid
Til' death.

I don't believe I'll ever stop playing. Never. Ever.
Old October 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
Never, hopefully. I might end up quitting if Pokemon takes a turn for the worst though, and eventually Pokemon is going to die out.
Old October 26th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Autumn Reverie
Oh, yes.

Nature: Modest
I don't think I'll ever stop. I would like to see myself playing pokemon in my deathbed. :3

I can't honestly say though. I might stop playing when working life takes over, but I'll always have pokemon in my HEART. <3

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Mild
I was fairly close to quitting Pokemon. I stopped playing BW for several months now and didn't pick up BW2 on launch date. All the buzz and the posts made me want to get White 2. hmph. Although Pokemon is a huge part of my life, I believe I will be over it by age 30. Dunno why 30. My older brother plays PS3 and he's above 30. I don't know how he handles that and all his responsibilities, though.
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Wateria
The cute team Aqua member

Nature: Naughty
I don't think I'll even quit playing pokemon unless I find some other game series to replace it.
Old October 26th, 2012, 12:46 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Sure life'll slow down my playing but I'll probably never quit. I might stop for awhile, but pick up a random game and sit down and play, even when I'm much older. I'll be playing with my grandkids.
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Sabrewulf238

Either until I'm dead or I go senile.

Otherwise I don't see myself stopping. Even if life slows down my playing I doubt I'll stop.
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Wobbachomp
Donator Tier 1

Nature: Adamant
I will be in my deathbed shouting "NO I CAN WAIT TILL THE NEWEST POKEYMANZ GAME COMES OUT I CANT DIE JUST YET D:"
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM
poke529

I will always love pokemon, and I always have.
Old October 26th, 2012, 02:44 PM
AncientWarrior
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
The day I die. No, not even then. My spirit will continue to play it.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend. Now I will step forward to realize this wish. And who knows: starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun. There are many worlds, and they share the same sky - one sky, one destiny.
Old October 26th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

I don't think there's any certain age where I'll stop playing Pokemon. I guess it really depends on how long the franchise lasts, but hopefully I'll be able to keep playing till the bitter end (although, I don't think I could see myself following the series as much if it still has another 15-20+ years in it).
Old October 26th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I will never quit Pokemon until I end or the series ends. It just always keeps me motivated every time.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old October 26th, 2012, 04:42 PM
ArcanaFlaera
Guard of the Generation

Nature: Relaxed
I'd like to say I'd never stop, but I doubt that'll happen. Working life will probably take over. I start university next year, and I probably won't have as much time as I'd like.
White 2 FC : 4299 0937 8549
Old October 26th, 2012, 05:59 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Unfortunately I don't know how much longer I will be playing. The series really needs a new direction, and the nostalgia from growing up with G/S/C and R/S/E is starting to wear thin due to extensive amounts of replays. I still do not own a copy of White2, because I don't know how much it interests me. It's all same-old, same-old.

As long as the series is going to whet my appetite and give me the new things I would like to experience, instead of rehashes of what has been done, I will continue playing. I really can't specify an age...

Credit to whomever drew that Hilda picture. Lemme know if that's you.

~*~ 3DS FC: 3540-0366-4191 ||| Mii name: Andy ||| IGN: Amanda ~*~
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:45 PM
The Nightmare
"I fight for what I belive in"

I would keep playing til i die i guess, but if the franchise dies or something then i might stop.

Old October 27th, 2012, 02:12 AM
gaminggarchomp
YouTube LPer

Send a message via Skype™ to gaminggarchomp
I would keep playing until the franchise dies, but yeah, I'm not sure.

Hmm, ^ I tried to get Garchomp, but I don't think it's there.
Old October 27th, 2012, 02:41 AM
LightningAlex

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
I think I'll never stop playing Pokemon. Even if the franchise dies, why would I quit? I have a lot of reasons not to, a few of them being that the games are fun every time I play through them, there are some games I haven't played yet (None of the DS generation, actually) and there are a lot of unresolved mysteries in the games I've played already multiple times. So yeah, those are good enough reasons, really.

Old October 27th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Playful_Weasel
I just want to play!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Pokemon is a part of my heart, I will never quit playing Pokemon games. Even if the franchise ends, I will continue with Pokemon. On my last day on Earth I will be playing Pokemon games.
Watchog's #1 Fan!!
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
- FC on Trainer Card
Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links