The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Moza
Unhatched Egg

Im currently using mm to try and hatch a shiny Eevee. And im hoping that it doesnt turn out to take forever. What was the fastest hatching of a shiny? (Using mm most likely) Or the quickest time on the poke radar?
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
I've never gotten a shiny via Masuda or Pokeradar. So yeeeah. Not really reliable methods, imo. I'd rather just RNG.

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges

george best: ugly white backgrounds
displease jak the fashion queen
alas, no-one listens
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:44 PM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I've never got a shiny, so I can't help.

☆ 3DS Code: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Tomodachi Life

☆ Currently playing: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Pokémon X and Kirby & the Amazing Mirror

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
I don't really like RNGing, it takes the fun away from finding Shinies. All my shinies are got from Random Encounters.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Moza
Unhatched Egg

Never found one randomly myself and I've heard of RNG but have no idea as to what it really is..

Old January 16th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
The 3 shinies I've found have been random, Never tried to reliably catch one. I just keep at least 1 masterball on me at all times...
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:44 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

Soft resetting can work, but with eggs you need to save before you recieve the egg.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old January 16th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Moza
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
The 3 shinies I've found have been random, Never tried to reliably catch one. I just keep at least 1 masterball on me at all times...
You can never be too safe...

Old January 16th, 2013, 07:16 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

I have been playing for a little over 12 years and I have yet to obtain a shiny (i dont know when they were introduced, however). from expirence, i cant help. Its all up to luck. Always be prepared. I hope you have better luck than I do, because im 0-(everything). Good Luck.

Regards, Chris
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
That's actually a pretty good idea. In B2 I have not used either Master Ball and have caught everything possible - maybe I should do that as well!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:25 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I never got any shiny Pokémon through RNG (because I tried and failed) or through chaining (because the chain breaks before I have a chance of running into one); all of the shinies I caught were through sheer luck alone.

Old February 11th, 2013, 08:58 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

I dont even know what those RNG , MM , random word supposedly meaning "a way to get a shiny" are... I recently caught my first shiny (a 14 year poke career) and it was a random encounter...

my shiny onix now a gold steelix (see below) named Goldix

I would occasionally sav edit a shiny... and it would always be an onix cause a gold steelix is sweet... I was blown away when I found that honest shiny onix... made me so happy

~Completed Projects:

Old February 12th, 2013, 10:35 AM
ShiningUmbreon
Unhatched Egg

Sometimes I decide to start hunts, but I find it the easiest to hunt for shiny starters on HG/SS, since you can check all three at once.

Check out this awesome sig xVaporeon made me!: http://s741.beta.photobucket.com/use...onsig.png.html
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
That's always been my philosophy, too, which is why my Shiny Ducklett (now Swanna) is in a Master Ball, even if I probably could've caught it with something else.

The only real method of trying to catch shiny Pokemon that I used was with the PokeRadar, and I found I could never chain more than 25-30 Pokemon in a row, so I gave up on it pretty quickly.

Old February 13th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Wandering~Leaf
-Mordor and Eldar Supporter :3

Nature: Modest
I've tried hunting for shinies, mostly through Pokemon that are exploitable to soft-resetting.

Chaining is really difficult. XD

"Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last."
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:37 PM
rebelxgirl

Nature: Timid
I can't figure out how RNG is supposed to work yet, but I've randomly ran into a couple shinys. One was a shiny Sandile from desert resort.

School & stuff is eating away at my life. PM me if you're interested in trading.

I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Working on my Vivillon collection. Need: Sandstorm, Monsoon, & Savanna
Offering: High Plains (3), Polar (1), Continental (1), Marine (1), & (3) Elegant & unlimited [native] Modern, + all the starters. I have Pokerus if you need it.

I sincerely apologize to anyone I had a trade or something set up with. I got really bad sick in the middle of midterms so when I got better I had to bust butt for school. Please forgive me.
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Dark_Illusion
Psychic Trainer

Nature: Calm
I wish I could RNG because it would help in my shiny hunting. But so far only two encounters randomly.
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Tycen
Pokémon Professor

Nature: Relaxed
I don't think that you can shiny hunt without just aimlessly walking around. I found a shiny Golbat once, but I didn't have a masterball yet, and my lowest level Pokemon was my HM Slave Suicune... who killed him in one hit.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Dark_Illusion
Psychic Trainer

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycen View Post
I don't think that you can shiny hunt without just aimlessly walking around. I found a shiny Golbat once, but I didn't have a masterball yet, and my lowest level Pokemon was my HM Slave Suicune... who killed him in one hit.
Harsh lol. I would have been ticked off if that happened to me. Which, now that I said it, probably will.

Sponsored Links