The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Old October 26th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow

Advertise here
If you decided cosplying anime character(s)..what anime character(s) do you think it look close to how you look? and what anime character(s) would you like to cosplay anyway?

share with us all what you have in your mind about cosplaying

Old October 27th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
My friends once said that I look like Light Yagami from Death Note so I guess I would go for him =D

I would also love to cosplay as Keima Katsuragi from Kami Nomi 'cause he's totally awesome :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Galukxy
→Not someday.Today is the day.

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Galukxy Send a message via Skype™ to Galukxy
What anime character(s) do you think it look close to how you look?
I actually don't know. Haruhi Suzumiya has similar facial traits, such as eye colour and hair, but that's about it.

and what anime character(s) would you like to cosplay anyway?
I really, really, really want to cosplay as Rin from Togainu no chi! He's so adorable. I also want to roleplay as Izaya, Konata Izumi and that's about it.

DA||MAL || Portfolio

Old October 27th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold
I was told I looked like Seto Kaiba an awful lot back in my high school years but as far as cosplaying went I didn't go that far although I was close to actually doing it.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old October 27th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

^hmm you're more of Light Yagami IMO though! the hair style and the height also weight lol

umm my sister says Yuna from final fantasy or maybe young Sasuke looks close to how i look i don't midn cosplaying young Sasuke but Yuna!has a pretty nice skirt lol

Old October 28th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I cosplayed as Luca from Arcana Famiglia yesterday for comicon and it was so much fun, I really enjoy dressing up as characters like that :D The only problem was that no one recognised him since the anime isn't hugely popular, but I still felt cool paha. There were some insanely well-done cosplays though like huge feathery angel wings/stockings with massive intricate swords and chest plates and such and that's something I don't think I would be able to do; I'd just hate having that much attention drawn to me tbh. :p
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Blade, Agent J, Morpheus and Nick Fury I could pull off well. I've done a few cosplays in my time which I'll detail below.

Spoiler:

Albert Wesker from Resident Evil.

Mysterious Figure from Kingdom Hearts.

Blade . . . from Blade.

Giovanni from the Pokemon franchise.
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
YEAHHHH DRAKOW! You looked good this weekend!

I've cosplayed before.. I've done Roxas (terrible ahhaha, it was my first one) then Jaden Yuki (I have no pictures on me ATM) and Lightning from Final Fantasy 13-2 and it was my first time working with armour:

Since I am so short (only 5' or 151 cm tall) I was thinking of cosplaying Yugi Mutou from Yugioh, since I like challenges and the hair would be a challenge.

I will cosplay this one for next year, but I also wanted to make another girl-cosplay.
Was thinking Estelle from Tales of the abyss, since I think her dress can look elegant, and it would also be something quite tough to pull off.

I did like working with Armour though so I am contemplating what else I could possibly do that I would suit and that has armour.

Shame because all the cool characters with intricate costumes either seem to have very skimpy outfits.. or are blonde.. and I dont think I'd look good as a blonde. Estelle is one of the few cool and modest looking girl characters.
Old October 28th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I look like game version Giovanni/random Japanese crime boss when I have my hair cropped short, and I resemble a shorter version of L when I let it grow out.

In the past, I've cosplayed as Giovanni and Leaf from Pokemon, and I also have a cosplay seifuku from the To Heart series. When I met Lisa Ortiz at a convention in 2010 I actually told her that I was cosplaying as the character she voiced from the series (Tomoko Hoshina). I even had glasses and a brown wig like the character, albeit the wig wasn't in a braided ponytail.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Meowing Mewtwo

Well, I look kinda like Haruhi Fujiyoka/Suzumiya in the hair and face, but I'm going for Kagamine Rin (who is the bloodstained, tragic little computer program that I basically flap my mouth about all day, XD). Rin inspired me to write poetry, too.
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

i think the best cosplay for me would have to be...

fair enough lol

Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:20 PM
Trainer Matt
PokéFriend!

Cosplaying is quite possibly the greatest hobby developed by mankind! I have a few costumes, but as we're on a Pokésite, I'll stick with only linking these two:

Big image, ahoy!

Spoiler:

Beneath the black wig, I actually have scruffy, dark brown hair. Having blue eyes seems to give me an advantage with a fair few costumes, I'm told, but I really don't think my features match any particular character all that much. Though not related to Japanese entertainment, I was told that I had a likeness to Matt Smith, the 11th incarnation of the Doctor from the Doctor Who series, so I gave him a shot earlier in the year. There's a picture included below, I'll let you all be the judge! Maybe you can find a character from Eastern culture that'd suit me!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Trainer Matt; November 2nd, 2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

^Nice cosplaying there!

Umm,i've decided if i ever cosplayed a male character i would cosplay Train Heartnet! <3 :3

Old November 10th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
One thing I want to do before I turn 25 is go to Anime Boston, dressed up, in a Guilmon suit.
-Vladimir Lenin
Old November 11th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I'm too lazy to bring up a picture right now but I've cosplayed Mithos Yggdrasill from Tales of Symphonia a few times. I love cosplaying him but I still need to see about getting a better wig sometime. I also want to see about cosplaying someone else other than him in the future since he's been my only cosplay. Need money and perhaps learn how to sew before I do though.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here