The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:15 PM
The Poke' Kid
The Average Trainer

Nature: Calm
Tell me what ya think about this will the awsomeness of pokemon end or continue ?
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:39 PM
rizoph
Mime Jr.

Nature: Mild
I believe it will continue. I mean, it's so successful. Why stop it?

Join tsukinohito.com/temp_forum
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:04 PM
The Poke' Kid
The Average Trainer

But it's gonna end some day they are running out of ideas.But I hope they remake rby/sph/emerald
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I doubt it will be, but I hope they change it up slightly the next time round.
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:21 PM
rizoph
Mime Jr.

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poke' Kid View Post
But it's gonna end some day they are running out of ideas.But I hope they remake rby/sph/emerald
It will end, but possibly not now. I mean, the storyline is pretty basic. You beat 8 gyms, you beat the elite 4 and champion. Along the way you beat up bad guys. I've read somewhere that the creator of Pokemon can think of 16 new Pokemon a day. (may not be true). I also hope for R/S/E remake.

Join tsukinohito.com/temp_forum
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
I don't think it's going to end anytime soon, considering how successful the Pokémon franchise is in its entirety.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Umbr30n
Laggity Laggity Flash Crash!

I wouldn't think so. However, some fans believe so. Only time will tell, but Pokemon can't go on for Centuries...

Old October 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I don't think Pokemon will end given how successful the franchise is.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old October 28th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Tman109ner

As a lover of the games it pains me (and joys me) to say this. Nintendo and GameFreak are video game company's. What about it? The key word is Company. To them this is all about money. If they can continue to put out games and get the mass profit that they do, then they will continue to put out games. B2/W2 are most likely another ploy to gain profit. Releasing 2 games at once will most likely garner more of a profit. As long as they make money, the games will continue to come out.

Check Out My RP: Revolution
Credit to PopPrincess_Lyra over on Serebii for the banner.
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Correspondence

I don't think so.Maybe after a couple more Gens.I don't see it lasting till 10 Generations.
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Pokemon is still extremely popular. They aren't going to stop making the games until its popularity dies down and the profit coming in is lower than the profit they put into develop the games and so on. It's all about business.
Old October 28th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Mario has been going on for 20+ years and they haven't changed much.

Zelda is still going and they are pretty much just rehashing their games.

Kirby is still going its been going on for 20 years.

Pokemon is far from over. Fans have been saying that Pokemon has been running out of ideas since Generation 3, which has been proved wrong twice. The fact that they are still pushing out full generations proves that they are not running out of ideas. When they start making Remakes of all the games for no reason what so ever, then they are running out of ideas.

If they come up with another generation with 100 original new Pokemon in it, then they aren't running out of ideas.
Old October 28th, 2012, 03:10 PM
MrTripStack
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
I definitely don't think Pokémon will be ending any time soon. It pains me to say this, but nothing lasts forever and I'm sure there will be a time when Pokémon is no more. It's hard to say 'cause I almost feel that if GameFreak and Nintendo were to give up on Pokémon, another company will step in and buy the franchise, re-booting it in the way they see fit. Which could be an interesting idea, if you ask me.
Old October 28th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
No. They have said in interviews after B2W2's release that there is much more to come with Pokemon, not to mention it's one of their best selling titles so why stop there?

Old October 29th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Naykd

I think the next generation will be very different to Gen I to V - probably a way to draw new interest
Braixen

Pokémon White 2 FC:
4299 0983 9733

Pokémon Black FC: 2666 1560 0333
Pokémon Pearl FC: 0604 1377 2074
Pokémon HeartGold FC: 4942 0703 0914
Pokémon Platinum FC: 2622 8860 7175
Old October 29th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Kratosx
Flareon Master

Nature: Modest
It will defintly 100% continue since gamefreak like money they will continue to make games until pthey run out of idees

Currently doings:

Breeding for Shinys

My friend safari pokemons: Shuppet, Pumkaboo, Drifblim

my 3DS FC is:
0216-2224-5730
Old October 29th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
If that is so, Pokemon won't last much longer as a franchise, or at least the main series will halt. They can't remake the first 5 gens too many times unless they believe they can improve the last one significantly.

So no, I don't think this'll be the last one. I can't even guess how many there will be. I don't see it stopping but I can see in the near future it becoming ridiculous to keep continuing.
Old October 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
There have been some post-B2W2 interviews with various members of Game Freak who make it sound as though they are already planning for future Pokemon games. BWB2W2 really pumped up the series popularity in Japan and in America. There is no reason for the games to stop here, not with all the momentum they've gained and the possibilities for even more improvements in terms of narrative (and all that wonderful extra data space on the 3DS cartridges).
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
I think this could be potentially be the end of the main series games as we know them with the imminent shift into 3D, but I would be very surprised if BW2 were the end of Pokémon "main series" games completely. There's just no sense in stopping them now.

Old October 29th, 2012, 01:34 PM
mysticflower
Parasol Lady Madeleine

Nature: Timid
They will probably keep changing it until it is unrecognisable, after all many people say that Pokemon has changed a lot from Gen 1 but the core elements are the same.
Old October 29th, 2012, 06:13 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

It will go on and on and on, and if it ever ends...
Spoiler:
There's always that new lame pokemon copy for all of us to rush to!
Old October 29th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

I don't know. What other ideas can they come up with? It seems like they're already running out of pokemon designs. But I won't give up hope on pokemon! They're successful now, doesn't mean they won't be successful in the future. I'll say pokemon'll be around for another few good more years to come. :)

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old October 29th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
I have no reason to believe one way or the other, so I guess, Occam's Razor, they make a lot of money off of it, so I can't see this being the end.
Old October 30th, 2012, 04:26 AM
dragonnathan025
Pokemon Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to dragonnathan025
I think that they need to make an M-rated Pokemon game. I know people would say that won't pander to the younger crowds, but the original people who played the original games are close to the age where they'd be in college, they need to bring those people back in if they want to make money.

Plus, I'm interested what they would do to make it M-rated, probably do something like a Fabled storyline, where the second half of the game takes place after completing the main story. (I've only played III, so if I'm wrong on the first two, forgive my ignorance.)

That, or they need to make like a Pokemon Rainbow, where all the generations are accessible (probably start with Unova so you can just talk to Skyla after beating Unova Elite 4, and she can take you to the other regions), and where you can catch all the legendaries and Pokemon where they were originally able to be caught. Just a thought.

Friend Safari type:
Water
Pokemon:
Bibarel
Gyarados
Frogadier
Old October 30th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
NO! Not without RSE remakes ;_;