The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:28 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
We all have shows we love, but we all have ones we hate too. Ones that we don't want to remember but do because they're so bad that it's hard to forget them.

I don't watch much TV and never have, but I do remember one abysmal show called Karen Sisco which starred the mom from Spy Kids I think it was. It was like so funny because it was so bad. One guy had a SIRI-like voice in his car and she was telling him to kill people because he was a very bad man. Nothing made sense and it was just horrible in like every single way. I thought it would be a fun show, but it was so poorly scripted that it was embarrassing. The show only lasted like three episodes before getting cancelled, however.

Bad movies... well Charlie's Angles: Full Throttle goes without saying due to its over-reliance on sexual imagery and lack of action and femme fatale kick-ass. That was an incoherent mess of garbage that I never wish to see again. Same goes for Quantum of Solace, the film that ruined the James Bond franchise - hopefully the new one can fix that. Seriously, if you're going to have camera work that bad, editing that bad, directing that bad, and utter nonsense instead of completion of prior buildup, then, well, why make a movie?

Oh, and Adam Sandler's Jack and Jill exists. Thank goodness I've never tortured myself by watching it. The commercials were horrid enough.

End rant, lol. What do you guys remember that was so bad that you can't forget it?
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

The worst movie I have ever watched was Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I am a HUGE Kevin James fan, but that movie was horrendus. Not even remotely funny.

The worst TV show is X- Factor. I hate it. The judges are horrible(except Cowell) and it is so staged.

"By force of will!"
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Not sure about TV show.. but the worst movie I have ever watched was the remake of Last House on the Left. Seriously a stupid movie. Not dumb enough to be one of those scary B movies either. It is this weird lame one that's just stuck in the middle with no logic and awkward plot.
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Aphrodite
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty

Forever and always the show I hate most.
Old October 13th, 2012, 05:16 PM
HoyNeeks
Unhatched Egg

Bad Movie: The Devil Inside, just the worst plot, and the ending just horrible.

Worst TV show: Probably all the new cartoons... haha just saying, 90's cartoons still better and early 2000
Old October 13th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
Allen Gregory was the worst piece of crap show ever!

Jonah Hill, I expected MUCH better from you!
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:12 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
CatDog was like the worst show ever. Back in the day it was on alllll the time, and whenever you watch a tv show that many times it just starts to suck.

As for movies, any of the holiday movies like Valentine's Day or New Year's Eve, there's so many people to keep track of an it gets so confusing.
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:51 PM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

Nature: Relaxed
I like most tv shows but Movies I hated The Air Buds movies and Free Willy movies.

Old October 25th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

Theres some TV show airing called The Neighbors on now, and whenever I catch a glimpse of it I regret it. It's that horrible.

Team Alpha
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Kruse
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Impish
The worst movie I've ever watched would have to be Duplicity. It one of those movies that, when I was watching in the cinemas, I literally stood up and left (sometime around the end). I don't know if it's because I dislike Clive Owen or don't fancy Julia Roberts as I used to, but this movie was just bad.

As for TV shows, House of Payne.
Old October 25th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Esper

I just watched one of the worst movies I've ever seen last night. Ang Lee's Hulk.

My goodness, what was that? Wooden acting, terrible dialogue (when there was dialogue at all), pacing that makes continental drift look speedy (over 2 hours long and it felt like 4), about a million different cuts and split screens, and it was just a schizophrenic movie in general. Seriously, at one point Nick Nolte's character rants for five minutes while Eric Bana's character sits in a chair, crying, against a black backdrop. It had no emotion, no spirit. Compared to comic book movies that came before it it wasn't so bad, but compared to the stuff we've had recently? No, don't even compare it.

deviantart blog pair
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Jersey Shore.
Only way is Essex.

Boy, I'm sure gonna miss my brain cells which died that night.

Can't wait for the movies :D
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 View Post
CatDog was like the worst show ever. Back in the day it was on alllll the time, and whenever you watch a tv show that many times it just starts to suck.
And I thought we could be friends! Not any more... :P

For me, my worst film experience is a film that's not bad on a technical level - in fact, it's very professionally made - but one that has such venality coursing through its veins that its sickly sweet chocolate box presentation only serves to whitewash the inherent sexism, racism, anti-intellectualism and status quo-ism that the movie preaches. I am, of course, talking about Forrest Gump.

I could easily go off on a multi-post rant about how much I hate Forrest Gump and pretty much everything that the film stands for, but this article does it so much better - and shorter - than I ever could. So, if you read that, you'll save me the trouble of writing out a screed of Biblical proportions. But... yeah. Horrible.
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:56 PM
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I hated the LOTR movies so much. My father, brother and I all fell asleep during the first one. And I usually love fantasy movies. So disappointing.
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:04 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
And I thought we could be friends! Not any more... :P

For me, my worst film experience is a film that's not bad on a technical level - in fact, it's very professionally made - but one that has such venality coursing through its veins that its sickly sweet chocolate box presentation only serves to whitewash the inherent sexism, racism, anti-intellectualism and status quo-ism that the movie preaches. I am, of course, talking about Forrest Gump.

I could easily go off on a multi-post rant about how much I hate Forrest Gump and pretty much everything that the film stands for, but this article does it so much better - and shorter - than I ever could. So, if you read that, you'll save me the trouble of writing out a screed of Biblical proportions. But... yeah. Horrible.
You didn't like Forrest Gump?! Now we definitely can't be friends.
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:32 AM
dingopongo
Togepi

Worst TV show? Any reality, hate 'em... payin' regular (or pretending to be regular) ppl for making a fool of themselves... pointless.

Worst Movie... Üwe Boll is able to excell himself with each movie.
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:41 AM
TheCrimson102
Charizard

Worst movie in his tory is definitely: Avatar: The Last Airbender.
I could'nt even watch the whole movie.
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:44 AM
dingopongo
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson102 View Post
Worst movie in his tory is definitely: Avatar: The Last Airbender.
I could'nt even watch the whole movie.
+1

I have not even tryied it. Watched the cartoons (it's not anime, as long as it's american) and I didn't bother on wasting time with the film. The cartoons were great.
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Blaze42
The Spirit of Chaos

JACK AND JILL IS THE WORST MOVIE EVER. Seriously, it's awful. Poor Al Pacino...
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
For my least fave TV show, probably Two And A Half Men, particularly when they had Charlie Sheen on, his face totally creeped me out not to mention it was overplayed in my country. Even though it was comedy (my fave genre), it never made me laugh at all.

As for movie, probably every Harry Potter film after the first two cos the story got way too dark and the movies were too long I literally feel asleep when I watched them. Also, they even got rid of characters I found funny. They never lived up to my expectations.
Old October 29th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
Code Monkeys, some really crappy show on G4 that only had about one season before it got cancelled.
Old October 30th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Altomare
Purupuru!

movie? Earth Vs The Spider. Was expecting some alien spiders/genetically engineered spiders wrecking havok. Instead I get a mutated human vs some cop.
Old October 30th, 2012, 06:33 AM
cacturne4512
Psyduck

Nature: Quirky
Worst movie: The Last Airbender. A horrible movie on its own, but just a giant slap in the face for a fan of the original series like me.

Worst cartoon: Oh, Allan Gregory no doubt. It's definitely not a good sign when I want to punch every character in the face within the first five seconds of them being introduced.
Old November 1st, 2012, 09:20 AM
Magic
DLOA - Please contact Adventure
Community Supporter

Last Airbender movie and the Twilight Saga (and yes I have read all the books, the acting in the films is awful).
Old November 1st, 2012, 09:32 AM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

Nature: Brave
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li.

I love Street Fighter. I love Chun Li. The plot for the movie made no sense whatsoever and there wasn't as much action in this movie than in their previous movies. :(
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links