The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted October 31st, 2012 (07:26 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?
Old Posted October 31st, 2012 (09:09 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'd tell them I love them back and start a relationship from there.

Old Posted October 31st, 2012 (09:20 AM).
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
I'd tell 'em I would have to think it over for a little while. I'm not just going to outright reject them; they're my best friend. There'd obviously be some benefits to being "more than friends", but if that chance is screwed up somehow then the entire friendship could fall apart.

That said, if I already know what they're like in public and private alike (and can tolerate or enjoy both of those, of course), I couldn't find enough reason not to say, "Let's give it a shot."

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old Posted October 31st, 2012 (11:06 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I wouldn't know what to say but my friend would understand that I'm not into girls so I doubt she would be expecting much from me other than an acknowledgment of her feelings. I'd like to think that as long as she doesn't feel awkward with me knowing, we'd be able to keep on being how we are now.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old Posted October 31st, 2012 (11:14 AM).
Cassino

This has happened. I had to explain that I'm aromantic.
Old Posted October 31st, 2012 (11:21 AM).
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Nature: Brave
My ex-boyfriend and I were best friends since freshman year of high school, and during senior year of high school, he confessed to me that he had a crush on me since then. I, however, felt the same way. So, me being blinded by his adorableness, I went ahead and took a step forward with him.

If that happened to one of my guy friends at this time, I would probably reject. I can't risk myself in losing a best friend like my ex. So, it would be better to keep the relationship we have now instead of taking a risk and taking an extra step forward. It's better that way, imo.
Everyone would have a friend,
& right would always win,
& love would never end.
This is my grown-up Christmas list.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler

Old Posted October 31st, 2012 (11:31 AM).
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold
I'd cut all ties with them instantly and treat them the same way I would treat a stranger who was staring at me in a funny way. Anything to protect the void that's my heart.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old Posted October 31st, 2012 (11:53 AM).
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven Bloodia View Post
I'd cut all ties with them instantly and treat them the same way I would treat a stranger who was staring at me in a funny way. Anything to protect the void that's my heart.
No heart truly desires to be alone. Perhaps you don't understand that right now but someday you will. I guarantee it.

To answer the question I'd be in the same boat as Toujy pretty much.
Old Posted October 31st, 2012 (12:48 PM).
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
I would tell him to knock it off so we could just be friends normally lmao. I'm too emotionally closed up and awkward to want to deal with that, I think I would respect his feelings but probably pull a funny face if he told me lol.

team super cotton ×
Old Posted October 31st, 2012 (12:50 PM).
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Apologize because I'm already very happy with my boyfriend and I wouldn't ever want to leave him. If the friend respects that, carry on as usual. If not? Distance myself.
Old Posted October 31st, 2012 (07:22 PM).
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I'd most likely say no. They're my best friend. They're someone I can hang out with and vent about relationships with, not get into one with.

Of course, my best friend would likely be a guy. I'm straight, and that isn't changing, so it would be really awkward and would damage our relationship. That's the last thing I would want.

Credit to whomever drew that Hilda picture. Lemme know if that's you.

~*~ 3DS FC: 3540-0366-4191 ||| Mii name: Andy ||| IGN: Amanda ~*~
Old Posted October 31st, 2012 (07:24 PM).
EmeraldSerenade
h a n a m i

Nature: Naughty
If my best friend were to tell me that they were falling in love with ME, well, I'd go ahead and start a relationship, because I've like my best friend for a while now lol...
Old Posted October 31st, 2012 (08:33 PM).
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

I'd call her a ****, because she's in love with her boyfriend and we have this thing where we call people ****s, so it would partially be to break the tension.
Old Posted November 1st, 2012 (01:54 AM).
Wateria
The cute team Aqua member

Nature: Naughty
If my best friend told me that they loved me I'd go for it and go out with them.
Old Posted November 1st, 2012 (04:39 AM).
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
yeah...my best friend is a dude, and I'm a dude so...

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old Posted November 1st, 2012 (06:50 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
My two best friends are both girls and I'm gay, so I'd just be like "...you know I'm gay, right?"

If my best friend were a guy though, I honestly don't know how I'd deal with it. Ideally, I'd love him back and want to start a relationship, but if I didn't I honestly don't know how I'd react to that or what I'd say. I'm a real people pleaser, so I wouldn't want to hurt him or lose his friendship, but at the same time I couldn't disrespect him by leading him on when I had no feelings for him. I'd just have to tell him I don't feel the same way and hope to high heaven that I don't lose him.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old Posted November 1st, 2012 (09:09 AM).
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
That happened with me already 2 years ago a real best friend of me was so brave he came and told me about how he feels and i was surprised...there was time i needed to think because i was worried about our friendship and other stuff....(i didn't ignore his feelings i just didn't know what to say)and however he acted cruel sometimes but he kept being there for me whenever i needed help he was always there any problem happen...he's my best friend ,brother,son!! rival sometimes aaand boyfriend since a year and half now and i wouldn't wanted it otherwise! <3

Old Posted November 1st, 2012 (09:47 AM).
Anna
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

I don't really have a best friend really but if one of my very close friends said that to me... it depends on who. As much as I love people I know online, I can't deal with a relationship without cuddling. And I think my online friends know that well enough.

Offline... er, one of my close friends is my ex and he has a girlfriend so that would be weird and no. He's not allowed to do that. Two of the others... there would be many many complications with them, but if either of them told me they loved me then... we could do that. Yeah.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old Posted November 1st, 2012 (09:58 AM).
Galukxy
→Not someday.Today is the day.

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to Galukxy Send a message via Skype™ to Galukxy
I'd tell them that I love them as a friend and don't like them any other way. That's how I usually deal with that.

DA||MAL

Old Posted November 1st, 2012 (01:15 PM).
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

If my best friend told me right now that he has romantic feelings for me, I would have to (magically) flip his desk, push him out a window, and put catnip on him and hope the cats take care of him. I love ya, but you're married, dude! :P

Old Posted November 1st, 2012 (06:01 PM).
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Normally, I'd accept, because if the friendship was deep enough, I'd probably had a crrush on them already.
But if they were an idiot, of course I'd say no. And I know I'm going to sound like an ass, but they'd have to be somewhat attractive, as well.
Old Posted November 1st, 2012 (08:56 PM).
Briar
how do you make coffee sexy?

Nature: Impish
as of now, i don't have any romantic feelings for any of my best friends, so i suppose if one of them comes up to me and confesses that s/he likes me in a romantic sense, i'd tell him/her that i'm just not interested in pursuing a relationship with him/her. seeing as my best friends are really my BEST friends, i don't think that any of them will take what i say badly.

i'm Briar.
Old Posted November 2nd, 2012 (11:57 PM).
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I'd be speechless for at least three seconds. I'm really close with my best friend, but he knows I like someone else. I would still treat him as my bff, tho, because I love him as a brother. It would be awkward accepting the fact that he has feelings for me, but we'll cope with it, and move on.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old Posted November 3rd, 2012 (12:01 AM).
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakow View Post
No heart truly desires to be alone. Perhaps you don't understand that right now but someday you will. I guarantee it.
It has nothing to do with me wanting to be alone or not sweetie, I'd reject them because I already got a special someone and it's gonna take the forces of hell itself to even try to make me part with her lol.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old Posted November 3rd, 2012 (03:39 AM).
thisguy647
Unhatched Egg

I'd be pretty creeped out, to say the least. =/
(I'm tired of being what you want me to be)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links