Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 5th, 2012 (03:20 PM). Edited November 5th, 2012 by curiousnathan.
curiousnathan
goodbye to the future

Nature: Mild
As we've come to notice, Gen I and II have had brand new makeovers, and with the prediction of a Gen III remake, why not a Gen IV? However, we're only talking about Diamond, Pearl and Platinum here, since it'd be silly to remake a remake. (HGSS would be re-remakes :P). Anyway, do you think DPPt will ever get a remake? This doesn't mean it has to happen soon, you could talk about your belief in it'll happen in a few years if you wish. If you don't believe there'll be remakes for these fabulous games, why not? Do you wish for future remakes?

Personally, in the long run, possibly. But it's still to early to determine if or if not there will be remakes. If it were to be announced that possible DPPt remakes are being developed then I'd more than welcome them.

How about you?
Old November 5th, 2012 (04:43 PM).
x Necromorph x
Super Saiyan 4

Nature: Naughty
Im still hoping for Gen III remakes. After that I'd like new games before they do another remake.

My Favorite Legendaries
Old November 5th, 2012 (05:05 PM).
Zero Percent
Loading... Please wait

Nature: Relaxed
Generation 3 remakes first, thats for sure. THEN we can worry about Pearl, Diamond and Platinum remakes. Though, I do image them making a remake, for the money of-course.
Old November 5th, 2012 (05:07 PM).
Alli
kong

Nature: Timid
Curious, you have dug yourself into a hole making this thread lol. Just you wait till you have all the RSE speculation people over here...then you'll see why I'm driven to insanity.

Anyway, I think it's way too early to even think about remaking DPPt. RSE hasn't been remade, we don't know what's beyond the handheld horizons after the 3DS, and as of right now, we don't need DPPt to be remade. This really is just a premature topic, I think. Some people even think an RSE remake is unnecessary because you can get Pokemon from those games to gen V, and you obviously can get Pokemon from gen IV to V, which was a big reason that we got FRLG and HGSS. So yeah. Just thinking about remaking DPPt is just...crazy. lol Maybe we'll see remakes someday, but certainly not any time soon.
paired to diddy

Old November 5th, 2012 (05:29 PM).
Synerjee
The main reason I got stronger was so I’d be able to survive.

Nature: Quiet
I don't think so. DPPt is as good as it gets already. What would they remake them as? I haven't got a clue. But IF they do remake them, let's just hope it's better then the originals. And yup, I would want an RSE remake first. DPPt later.

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old November 5th, 2012 (05:44 PM).
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
If they do Gen 3 remakes first, then I could see this happening.

If we had D/P/Pt remakes, we could have the D/P story but keep the Platinum Pokedex.
Old November 5th, 2012 (05:54 PM).
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Omg new system time!?

I can't really see these ones being remade in the near future. Or really any future tbh haha. Although I would certainly love to see it. But as soon as we start speculating about this, BW remakes could be possible.
Old November 5th, 2012 (06:39 PM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I would like to see Gen 3 remake most. There really is no real reason for a DPPt remake at the moment sense it is for the DS. RSE needs to get a remake before DPPt
Old November 6th, 2012 (10:12 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I don't see much of a reason to remake D/P/Pt, since their graphics and storyline are good enough already, IMO.

Old November 6th, 2012 (05:51 PM).
True Honey
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I don't think that a D/P/PT will happen for some time as the generation is fairly recent. It might be a couple of years before we see a remake.

Avatar & Signature: The Little Flying Jumpluff by ~ alright123100 (deviantART)
Old November 6th, 2012 (10:38 PM).
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
I personally don't see a D/P/Pt remake arriving on any shores anytime soon for a few reasons. R/S/E, the 3rd generation games have yet to be remade and we've been waiting for at least 7 years, most Pokemon remakes take a handful of years to even be heard about their development.

And I don't see the point to a D/P/Pt remake honestly. The graphics and art, storyline were wonderful already, I think the only Pokemon remakes needed are of the games on older consoles etc. GBC or GBA. There might be a sequel but for me I think there'll be no remake. None D:.
. :p
Old November 6th, 2012 (10:42 PM).
curiousnathan
goodbye to the future

Nature: Mild
Remember guys, this remake doesn't have to be developed and released relatively soon. This discussion is more around if you think there'll ever be DPPt remakes. 8)
Old November 6th, 2012 (11:28 PM).
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Honestly I'd say like my above post, that there won't be a D/P/Pt remake. Even though all the other games got a spice up with a new remake, I don't see D/P/Pt coming to a remake. It's on a new console already DS and most people think its fine the way it is so far. Nintendo and Gamefreak might ask in the future to see the opinions of Pokemon fans and then they might create one but like before, I highly doubt it D:.
. :p
Old November 6th, 2012 (11:29 PM).
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

No. By the time RSE remakes are out of the way, there's a good chance that we will see the revival of visiting multiple regions per game. In that case, we may see games where Sinnoh is revisited, but not an actual remake of DPP.
Old November 7th, 2012 (04:58 AM).
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
I kinda don't see it happening, even if it's a long way away (and by that I mean a lot of years). RSE remakes if they happen seem to be likely gen 6 earliest, and I question if they will happen anyways too (I guess it's a option to pad out gen 6 on the 3DS I suppose that doesn't require another new region or whatnot...but then patterns are made to be broken and we hardly have one! What's to say we don't just get a new story in Hoenn and for that matter Sinnoh instead ala B2W2?)
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old November 7th, 2012 (05:58 AM).
Correspondence

We're not sure if there will even be a R/S/E so i don't think we can really say for now.
Old November 7th, 2012 (07:53 AM).
lO M I C R O Nl
Unhatched Egg

I really hope not, I want gamefreak to stop with all the new releases. They aren't coming up with many great ideas anymore to be completely honest. If they redo 3rd gen I would be okay with that. But anything after that is pointless. Because they were all wifi compatable in 4th now 5th. I think game freak should just stop with the whole new stuff and hang up their hats.

Honestly though, if they did remake a game, I would want them to remake ALL of the games at one time release them all at one time and be the last release. But with a twist. Which ever game you buy is where you start. Example would be I go buy yellow version. I start in palet town, make my way up to the elite 4, like a normal game. After the elite 4 though you have to go onto the next region, so you go to jhoto region. Then replay all of the jhoto, after then hoenn and on.

Pretty much you have to play as ash moves in the series. You meet new people go to every region, catch a lot of pokemon, and get to start where you want. Yes the game would be long but it wouldn't really be the same it's new and different, it would literally be a pokemon world.

It would be the same for all games. But if you get the sapphire or something you would start in newbark. That's how I would love for them to end the game series. That way you get the game you love play everywhere so your not left out, and be able to trade and play every body with no limitations.

4th gen only
Old November 7th, 2012 (12:31 PM).
Senusret
Snowpoint City
Community Supporter

Location: The Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill Medical Research Triangle
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Senusret
If Game Freak and Nintendo don't screw us over with the ever-so-anticipated Ruby/Sapphire remakes, you bet they'll be remakes of those classics. It's just that they're sort of far away right now...

TwatterBeautifyAMALTT
Old November 7th, 2012 (08:40 PM).
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Quote originally posted by lO M I C R O Nl:
I really hope not, I want gamefreak to stop with all the new releases. They aren't coming up with many great ideas anymore to be completely honest. If they redo 3rd gen I would be okay with that. But anything after that is pointless. Because they were all wifi compatable in 4th now 5th. I think game freak should just stop with the whole new stuff and hang up their hats.
Wonder what Game Freak (a business, let's not forget) would think of the idea of not making any more money and just hang hats instead. =p That and sales show their games are still very well received so I don't agree with your claim they aren't coming up with any great ideas so they should stop.
Quote:
Honestly though, if they did remake a game, I would want them to remake ALL of the games at one time release them all at one time and be the last release. But with a twist. Which ever game you buy is where you start. Example would be I go buy yellow version. I start in palet town, make my way up to the elite 4, like a normal game. After the elite 4 though you have to go onto the next region, so you go to jhoto region. Then replay all of the jhoto, after then hoenn and on.
This could happen, but only as such a last game dealy. That's ignoring potential issues like memory, what happens with levelling (pokemon's gonna hit level 100 sometime unless you a) have hardly any trainers, b) screw the levellling system, or c) restart in each region, which begs the question of why have it all in one game though from a marketing point of view).

But that's a different topic now. Let's keep it to if there should/would be DPPt remakes ages down the track, not a 'what you want game freak to do with Pokemon in general'.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old November 11th, 2012 (09:23 AM).
Mr Cat Dog
It takes a lot to make a stew

Nature: Relaxed
If RSE remakes come out, then probably. If they don't, then it would make very little sense in skipping straight to DPPt just to keep the saga of 'we must remake every game' up and running. It's all dependent on what happens over the next 1-2 years, really.
Old November 11th, 2012 (09:56 AM).
Pingouin7
¬‿¬
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
TBH, Gen I and Gen II needed to be remade because they were completely cut off from the other generations.
You couldn't trade over Pokémon from Red/Green/Blue and Gold/Silver to Gen III and up. Releasing FR/LG and HG/SS made it possible for Gen I and II to interact with the other generations.

Like right now, you can transfer any Pokémon you have in R/S up to B2/W2, you can transfer all the Pokémon you have in FR/LG up to B2/W2, you can transfer all the Pokémon you have in HG/SS up to B2/W2, etc.

This is why I think any remakes other than Gen I and Gen II are needed. Because they already remade the games that were incompatible with the newer Gen. to make them compatible.

That being said, if they decided to remake Gen III and Gen IV anyway, they will not remake Emerald nor Platinum. Not sure why people keep including them when talking about remakes, tbh.
Old November 11th, 2012 (10:11 AM).
Dragon-T
future owner of pkmn Y

Nature: Impish
I don't think there will.If they do though,I think Arceus should be the mascot.It could be something like Pokèmon Alpha Version
Old November 12th, 2012 (12:05 AM).
Brendino
Strike that. Reverse it.

Looking at the trends, FR/LG were released 8 years after the originals, and HG/SS were released 10 after theirs. Later this month it will have been 10 years since R/S were released in Japan (that makes me feel old...), and there's nothing more than speculation about remakes for them. I do think that Diamond and Pearl will eventually get remakes, but I wouldn't expect them to show up until 2018 at the earliest. That, and they'll probably be on a system that hasn't even been thought of yet. But then again, we've got no idea where the franchise will be in even five years time, and who knows how much technology will change, so I wouldn't hold my breath until at least there is some concrete evidence of 3rd Gen remakes.

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old November 12th, 2012 (12:46 AM).
Pinta77
Swadloon Trainer
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Nintendo is infamous for remaking games and throwing them back on the shelf, whether it's a proper remake, or simply one of those GC games with Wii controls. While I wouldn't mind seeing a Ruby/Sapphire remake, I absolutely DO NOT want to see a Diamond/Pearl remake for 3DS. Too soon, don't ya think?

I think they need to break this "2 new games, 2 remakes, 1 remake of new game" habit. It looks like generation 5 is going to break that habit, so we're on the right track.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old November 12th, 2012 (01:20 AM).
awolfsquared
Goomy is love, Goomy is life.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I don't see it happening or at least anytime soon. The graphics and storyline are good enough already and we're not even sure if gen 3 is getting a remake. They don't even need RSE remakes considering you can now transfer all your pokes from those games to gen 5 games. Though they're popular , so Gamefreak might consider that. So if Gen 3 get remakes then we could see gen 4 remakes in 8-10 years.
#704 Goomy
Supporter Collab January 2015
tumblr | ask me things
paired to hikamaru
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links