The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Chit Chat Café

Notices

Chit Chat Café Wondering what your fellow members are eating for breakfast? Want to chat about the weather or other silly things? Idle chit-chat and polls go here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 4th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I've never really asked my parents that. Most of my birthdays fall on school days, but I still go to school. It's a lot more fun with my classmates than just staying home, waiting for my parents to get home from work.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old November 4th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
As I was growing up my Birthday/B'day always was on the first day after the summer holidays and was never allowed too stay home. I will let my daughter stay off school on her Birthday though.
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
I'm 20. So if I want to stay home from school on my birthday, I will.
Exactly how I feel. On my birthday this year I skipped 2 of my 3 classes. In high school my mother gave me the option usually but as I got older I got less likely to take her up on it because getting the stuff you missed in school is a serious pain and I didn't like skipping school because of dealing with the day after.
Old November 4th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
In the past I was only able to skip school if it happened to land on Memorial's Day because you had school off anyways. So with that said, unless school wasn't already off then no, I wasn't able to go. The past few years I didn't have school on my birthday anyways so it hasn't mattered.
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old November 4th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Kouzan
When did the sky turn black?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
I'm not in school right now so on my last birthday I was home. Apart from that I have never stay home from school on my birthday. When I finally get into college I might do it once or twice.

Oh oh these are beautiful times.
Clubs: Dark Type Club | Adventure Time Club
EGC | BMGf | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old November 4th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
Often my parents were willing to let it go when I was younger. Come High School though I didn't even want the day off because one day behind would mean having to play catch-up. Never really was worth it.
Old November 4th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I work full time and I went into work for my birthday.. but even when I was at school I went in. Figured.. why not? Get to see my friends!
Old November 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
I'm not living at home so it's not really a case of asking for permission, but when I was at home I never wanted to skip school anyway, even if it was my birthday. Catching up with missed work was always a huge pain and if I went into school I could spend the day with my friends, so it was the better choice for me. I can understand why people would want to skip school on their birthday, but it doesn't appeal to me personally :3
Old November 4th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
When I was younger, sometimes, but my parents were good enough to not allow me to stay home unless I was really sick. Good parents, would always see through my lies and excuses for staying home from school. I complained about going to school on my Birthday as did a lot of other children, I'm sure. Right? Right?
Old November 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
My birthday is on a monday this year (November 19th), and I only have one class that day, so it'd probably be pointless to go. But the downside is that I think I have a project due that day so I can't afford to skip D:

In terms of staying home during birthdays in general, I don't at all. I wouldn't want to be bored at home during my birthday, where I can spend the day with my friends! :D
Old November 4th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Solace
simon ferocious

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Solace
I don't think I've ever gone to school on my birthday. Inconvenient to do something I don't find enjoyable on a day I should be enjoying.
Old November 4th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Kevin

Most years my birthday is on a Teacher Work Day, so no school for me. But if I do have school I would go for it, because it feels nice seeing your friends (and sometimes strangers) saying happy birthday to me.

(My birthday is on Election Day this year! Haha.)
Old November 5th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Catholic Nun
I was never allowed to stay home from school for my birthday, nor would I ever have wanted to! Your birthday is the best day to go to school, you get all the attention and stuff!

Moderator of Chit Chat Cafe
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I never really stayed home just for my birthday, I don't think. When I was younger, my parents would sometimes schedule a doctor or dentist appointment on my birthday and I'd get to take the rest of the day off which was great. Otherwise, I really liked going to school on my birthday! It's nice being able to share it with friends and most schools I went to would sing happy birthday or broadcast the day's birthdays over the PA during the morning announcements. You always felt extra special. :3

In high school it didn't matter as much so I don't remember anything specific there. In university, my birthday falls right near the end of the exam period and I've often had an exam either the day of my birthday or the day after so no time to relax and no classes to really skip anyway. :/

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old November 6th, 2012, 03:38 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
Nope. I rather stay at school on my birthdays at the moment...(and they wouldn't consider a birthday for an excuse so that I can have a break...) 'cause I'm still living in an apartment...

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Autumn Reverie
d a y d r e a m

Location: Above Singapore, below Thailand. Hm, you don't know where that is?
Nature: Modest
No. My birthday and school didn't relate to each other. I had no reason not to attend school on my birthday. It may be my special day, but it wasn't too special a day where I was allowed to skip school. -> Plus, I got to celebrate my birthday in school with my classmates. That was the best bit. <- If I skipped school, I wouldn't have anyone but my family to celebrate it with. That would be quite sad and dull for a school kid, wouldn't it?
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:10 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
My birthday was often on Spring Break. If it wasn't, I tried using it as an excuse anyway. Didn't work.

Now that I'm out of school, I plan on taking my birthday off from work every year. As I don't drink, the day after will be back to work, even as I'm exhausted. That's life.

Credit to whomever drew that Hilda picture. Lemme know if that's you.

~*~ 3DS FC: 3540-0366-4191 ||| Mii name: Andy ||| IGN: Amanda ~*~
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:24 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Relaxed
Psh my birthday is in June so I dont need to worry about that. :3

But if it wernt I'd probobably have to go to school anyway, unfortunately
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Playful_Weasel
I just want to play!

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
My birthday falls in Mid December, but my parents never let me stay home for any reason (unless I was sick or had a doctor's appointment). Once every 7 years my birthday was on Friday the 13th so I had a chance to brag about it to friends and anyone I recognized.
Watchog's #1 Fan!!
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
- FC on Trainer Card
Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
Old November 8th, 2012, 08:21 PM
.Skylight.
Through & Beyond

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Skylight.
Realistically you need to go to school, but a lot of people blow off school because they think since it is their birthday they have a right to miss school. It is solely the student and their parents choice if one can stay home from school. It is always nice to have a day away from school, but friends give you goodies there too so why miss it?

If your birthday does not land on a school day then fantastic for you!
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Valvatorez
Prinny Instructor

This never happened to me when I was at school, much as I wished it did: it was my birthday, but it was the same as any other day of the week, and I was going to school, and that was that. I didn't get a choice until I went to University, and by that point I didn't much care either way, so I ended up going in anyway...although last year I did skip the day because I honestly didn't feel like going in. But my mother would have sooner let me dye my hair a neon pink before letting me skip school on my birthday.
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪

Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
I don't think I would even want to. Staying at home is kind boring, I'd rather be at school celebrating my birthday. XD
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Pära

Nature: Serious
My birthday never falls on a holiday, so I only take a day off school on my birthday if it's the weekend!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links