The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 12th, 2012, 06:03 AM
holdmykidney
Riddled with pokerus

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Hey folks

I'm going on holiday to Japan in a couple of weeks and I thought it would be rude not to visit the Pokemon Center in Tokyo.

Does anyone have any tips for any wireless downloads I should look for while I'm in there, or a link to a guide to make the best of the visit?

Cheers

Nobody? Really? That surprises me! :)

Last edited by Jak; October 18th, 2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Don't double post!
Old October 18th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Brings lots of money.

Really though, I'm not sure how much you know about the Pokemon Centers, but they always have tons of merchandise and specific promotions going on (and by promotions, I mean themed merchandise collections). I'm not aware of any downloads for games occurring there at the moment, but there's a new set of Pokemon Time items (including some adorable Growlithe, Ponyta, Gengar, and Dragonair plush) being sold, and if I'm not mistaken they are already starting to sell their Christmas merchandise, too. If not, they should at least still have some Halloween items left over (Litwick lights, Cofagrigus phone holders, etc.).

Also, I think the I <3 Eevee promotion is going to start soon, too, so if you're interesting in Eevee or any of its evolutions, definitely check that out! It's looking to be one of their most popular promotions yet.

Last edited by Rivvon; October 18th, 2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: I <3 Eevee promotion
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:31 PM
93Aiwass
Getting Back into Pokemon

Nature: Careful
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Sounds like a good enough reason to stay a little in Tokyo the next time I go to Bangkok.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Some explanation on terms: Do what... & Love is... | 93 | Aiwass | Holy Guardian Angel
Getting back into Pokemon after 5 years of being out of it... this is going to be a hard learning curve...
Here is what I look like, in case you were curious.
Babalon is my mother, and she loves me.
I'm an initiate of a secret society... Hmm, do secret societies have websites?
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Be prepared to spend lots and lots of time in there just staring at everything. And make sure you're OK with listening to the Pokemon Centre music on repeat, as that's pretty much all they play. And the staff can be a little bit overbearing, as they always say 'welcome' whenever they walk past any potential customer. As for game downloads, I think that's something where you'd have to do your own research in that regard; I believe there was a Meleotta download when I was there in April, but presumably, if there's anything at all, it'll not be that. It's a really unusual, but really special shopping environment, so try and make the most of it while you're there.
Old November 4th, 2012, 07:48 AM
holdmykidney
Riddled with pokerus

Nature: Naughty
Well you guys were right, especially Rivvon. The Pokecenter had some amazing stuff and I spent a frightening amount of money (for me, at least). I bought a whole bunch of miniatures, a sweet Pikachu and Victini wood stamp and a plush Gengar. I also bought a pair of Pokemon d6 dice to spice up my collection for D&D games. Sweet!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here