The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 16th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Chrisaur

Nature: Modest
So we all know by now that Ash's Pikachu is like the mascot of/for Pokemon.
But what are your feelings towards the evolution of Pikachu ?
Will Pikachu evolve ? Do you want Pikachu evolve ? Don't you also thinks it's time for Pikachu to evolve ? Will Pikachu's personality also change once he evolved into Raichu ?
Old October 16th, 2012, 10:50 PM
TheLeetCasualGamer
Hi, I'm strange :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheLeetCasualGamer Send a message via Skype™ to TheLeetCasualGamer
It probably never will. It's kind of like asking "will Ash ever leave the role of the main character in the series" Despite that they both get a lot haters, they both also have a lot of fans. The writers will probably listen to the people who keep them afloat and keep both the characters.

Pikachu is just too popular and the show will probably lose viewers if Pikachu were to change into a Raichu. But that just me.

Video game related top tens anyone?
Old October 16th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I agree with Leet's post, if they evolve Pikachu the anime could lose viewers cos remember, this is a series targeted towards kids aged between 6 and 12.

I'd rather leave Pikachu as he is cos you know, he's marketable, being the mascot and all.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Old October 16th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Making Pikachu evolve would make him impossible to be hold on Satoshi's shoulder. (I wouldn't mind changing him for Meloetta, though :D)
And as above commenters said, Pikachu is a trademark for Pokémon (as Clefairy would have been) so evolving it would mean either the end of anime or Satoshi as MC.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Chrisaur

I also think that will never happen, but it would be fun to see Pikachu evolve.

I really wish they will make a Pokemon movie about an altered future. Like, how the whole gang will be in 10 years time. Ash all grown up, with his Raichu. And Team Rocket with their talking Persian.

Almost like the movie started out where they are all grown up (10 years later) everything has changed. And then later they have to discover that they are in an altered future created by a powerful Pokemon. Almost the same as Pokemon 3 Spell of the Unown where Molly went from a young girl to a grown up girl all because of an illusion.

And then yes, later they go back to normal being Ash and Pikachu again.
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:21 AM
93Aiwass
Getting Back into Pokemon

Nature: Careful
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Considering that they had the opportunity to in the Pokemon Centre at Vermillion City but they didn't, I don't think that it's going to happen. A couple of Ash's other Pokemon have refused to evolve, such as Bulbasaur.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Some explanation on terms: Do what... & Love is... | 93 | Aiwass | Holy Guardian Angel
Getting back into Pokemon after 5 years of being out of it... this is going to be a hard learning curve...
Here is what I look like, in case you were curious.
Babalon is my mother, and she loves me.
I'm an initiate of a secret society... Hmm, do secret societies have websites?
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:32 AM
~Electrivire~
My Imaginary Friend Haz Issuez

Nature: Naughty
But what are your feelings towards the evolution of Pikachu ?

I think he's too popular now to evolve.

Will Pikachu evolve ?

Obviously not.

Do you want Pikachu evolve ?

I wouldn't care. I'm not a fan of Pikachu.

Don't you also thinks it's time for Pikachu to evolve ?

Nah. It's been too long, I'm fine with him staying a Pikachu.

Will Pikachu's personality also change once he evolved into Raichu ?

No.

I wish Pikachu was never Ash's main. I would prefer the Clefairy as originally planned.

Flygon- Status - COMPLETE - Male, Lv. 100 (Thanks JeXsus!)
Magmortar- Status - COMPLETE - Female, Lv. 50 (Thanks LiveWire!)
Electivire- Status - COMPLETE - Male, Lv. 100 (Thanks LiveWire!)

Espeon- Status - Eevee
Umbreon- Status - COMPLETE - Male, Lv. 57
Milotic- Status - Complete - Male, Lv. 50

The reason an R is in my name is because I mistyped it... lol
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:57 AM
93Aiwass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Electrivire~ View Post
I wish Pikachu was never Ash's main. I would prefer the Clefairy as originally planned.

Clefairy as Ash's main... that would be very interesting, not to mention to add a new spin to all those Bouldershipping/Palletshipping fics I read.

Some explanation on terms: Do what... & Love is... | 93 | Aiwass | Holy Guardian Angel
Getting back into Pokemon after 5 years of being out of it... this is going to be a hard learning curve...
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:43 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I think they should "accidentally" evolve Pikachu for a single episode, in a dream Ash has, to evaluate psychological stigmas related to what evolution actually does; it would be a brilliant way to confirm that Pikachu evolving would awkwardize the situation, still retain the mascot, and convey a moral that speaks along the lines of change not necessarily being good.

I can see them doing that to create a new story, which they desperately need, but nothing further. Satoshi's Pikachu is too much of a mascot to evolve permanently, and he will continue using hax to win.
Old October 17th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
It wouldn't seem sensible or profitable too evolve Pikachu at this point. Pikachu has had multiple changes to evolve last being in DP and refused. Personally I'd prefer Raichu over Pikachu, but if Raichu got reset as Pikachu did then it would be the same thing but different pokemon.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old October 17th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Ducklighter
Throw caution to the wind.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Ducklighter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ducklighter Send a message via Skype™ to Ducklighter
To be honest, I've learnt to deal with the fact that Pikachu will never evolve and it's understandable why it won't. I like the the fact that it's a personal thing for Pikachu and not a choice made by Ash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LividZephyr View Post
I think they should "accidentally" evolve Pikachu for a single episode, in a dream Ash has, to evaluate psychological stigmas related to what evolution actually does; it would be a brilliant way to confirm that Pikachu evolving would awkwardize the situation, still retain the mascot, and convey a moral that speaks along the lines of change not necessarily being good.

I can see them doing that to create a new story, which they desperately need, but nothing further. Satoshi's Pikachu is too much of a mascot to evolve permanently, and he will continue using hax to win.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think it would be great for them to continue exploring possibilities with Pikachu and Ash, aswell as strengthening their relationship a bit more for new and old viewers. I think after 14+ years, it's time they really build and layer their friendship which they can definitely do.

All in all, I'm not bothered anymore that Pikachu will never evolve. I've made my peace with it.
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Empire
Ask me what I did with my life
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Empire
Pikachu will never evolve, the chances of Pikachu evolving is probably on par with the chances of Nintendo removing Mario as their mascot.

Pikachu has become a 'mascot' for Pokemon so there is no reason to get rid of it.
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:58 AM
93Aiwass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LividZephyr View Post

I must concur, especially since I am concerned that younger generations may not have watched the Vermillion City episodes with the battle with Lt. Surge and the fight with his Raichu.

I realize the reason why he didn't use any of his other Pokemon in that battle, it is just something I would never do and would pack some Fire and Ground Pokemon to beat through the gym.

Old October 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Agreed with everyone else. I don't see Pikachu evolving anytime soon, considering that it's the mascot for the entire franchise and I feel that Ash traveling with a Raichu would feel...weird. Plus, Pikachu has expressed his desire not to evolve into Raichu multiple times throughout the series.

Old October 18th, 2012, 05:38 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Aiwass View Post
I must concur, especially since I am concerned that younger generations may not have watched the Vermillion City episodes with the battle with Lt. Surge and the fight with his Raichu.
They remade that episode in D/P and referenced the original, even. Probably to reaffirm it with the younger audience, who hadn't seen the original a decade prior:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP074

It would still be a good plot twist for Pikachu to evolve, just in a dream. They really need to do something more original than the formulaic filler...
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:26 AM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
I don't think it will happen. As many others have said, Pikachu is a very iconic character to the franchise. He's the mascot and that's what makes him so marketable. If he evolved, then the show would definitely get less viewers cause he's loved by many people watching.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Winry
Unhatched Egg

If it ever did happen I would probably cry. For reals.
But like others said it's very unlikely, they would have to remake anything with Pikachu on it as the mascot. Would cost to much money and lose to many fans.
pls dun do dis.
Old October 20th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Pikachu will never evolve. Not only is it a staple Pokemon for fans, but people who never have or will play Pokemon in their lives will see a Pikachu and immediately think, "Pokemon." It's like when kids see the golden arches they think "McDonald's." They don't want Pikachu to evolve because he's the mascot, he's the Pokemon that everyone knows about. If he evolved into a Raichu it would also be weird, because the whole point of Ash getting a Pikachu instead of one of the other starters is because they wanted Ash to get the mascot, the "special" Pokemon.

Sure, Raichu looks like a Pikachu. But when people see it, they probably won't go directly to "Pokemon" without thinking. Sure, the art style, the general design. But a lot of people aren't familiar with the franchise. They'll probably think, "That kind of looks like a Pikachu, kind of like a Pokemon, so I guess I'm looking at a Pokemon right now" Or maybe Raichu only looks like a Pikachu to us because we know he's the evolution? Maybe an "outsider" won't recognize a Raichu as an evolved form at all!

tl;dr So yeah I don't think that Pikachu will evolve for various reasons.

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old November 6th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I'm quite sure Pikachu will not evolve, but I do want to see the outcome when it does. I'm getting tired of the yellow rat, and I want to see something else.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old November 6th, 2012, 06:36 PM
EQUALSGAMER
Proud user of Garbodor

Nature: Quirky
if pikachu evolved into rauichu...
*takes off glasses*
mother of god. He would be UNSTOPABLE!
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Detwak
Helooooooooooo Nurse!

Nature: Relaxed
I have discovered when Pikachu will evolve. After a great deal of consideration I discovered that he will evolve when Ash becomes eleven years old. Think about it people ...

I will update it every time the team changes.

Jamez?
Gary?
Dan?

All three are females
Old November 16th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Pikachu won't evolve. It doesn't want to evolve and Ash respects that. Also, there was a small case in Unova that touched on that when Ash needed to find a Thunder Stone during the scavenger hunt. When the guy tossed the Thunder Stone it was heading right toward Pikachu but Ash caught it before it touched his yellow companion.

Pikachu's reaction when it was flying at him? Wide eyed because it didn't want it to happen.
After Ash caught it? Both of them were relieved.

That's all there is pretty much to it. But I might be one of the very few who don't mind Pikachu staying as a Pikachu. Raichu, who is a little slow and bigger than Pikachu, wouldn't match Ash's battling style which likely developed because Pikachu was his first Pokemon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links