The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:51 AM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by astyles View Post
So how is the progress going so far?
See for yourself:

Spoiler:

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

My Youtube Channel | Pokémon Chaos Thread | My DeviantArt | Mystery Dungeon Starter Kit Discussion Thread
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:02 AM
The Glitch
Glitch in the System.

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Glitch
Progress looks good, but you should change the color font in the Pokédex to white, so it blends better.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:18 AM
Rayquaza.

I know an I'm frantically trying to change the text to white but I can't seem to find all of it in the script(s).

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

My Youtube Channel | Pokémon Chaos Thread | My DeviantArt | Mystery Dungeon Starter Kit Discussion Thread
Old July 16th, 2013, 08:38 AM
astyles

How is the game development so far?
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Rayquaza.

Development so far is progressing nicely. It will, however, be on hold for the next two weeks because I'm on holiday in Spain.

Two weeks from now I will attempt to get out some new screenshots or maps (or just some new info).

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Old August 2nd, 2013, 08:59 AM
Rayquaza.

Now that I'm back from Spain I have started to make graphical changes to the tilesets with my own custom tiles (work in progress).

Spoiler:

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:19 PM
Zodiac.
Flannary Returns!

The new tiles look amazing. Any help I can give? Just send me a PM if yoi do. Any ideas about demo dates 'cause I just can't wait to play this.

Old August 10th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Rayquaza.

No help is necessary at the moment, my friend. Being the developer of graphics, literature, mapping, concepts and some of the scripting really has it benefits.
I'm afraid that demo dates are still unclear because many of the maps are still in complete disarray.

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Old August 11th, 2013, 02:54 PM
jaylovesash

love the looks of this game
Old August 17th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Spritesu

Wow that Mega Blaziken sprite looks awsome ive been wanting to play this game for a long period of time now i cant wait.
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Zodiac.
Flannary Returns!

I agree. I'd love to see this game have a release. Your mapping skills and tiling skills have improved loads scince you first started this game.

Old August 18th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Charblade111

Do you have the main bulk of this game done already with just some glitchy maps here in there or is it just a bunch of jumbled up progress between everything? I think a 3 gym beta is more than acceptable, I wouldn't be opposed to just a two gym beta if you could manage that.

Patiently awaiting to play this, looking awesome.
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charblade111 View Post
Do you have the main bulk of this game done already with just some glitchy maps here in there or is it just a bunch of jumbled up progress between everything? I think a 3 gym beta is more than acceptable, I wouldn't be opposed to just a two gym beta if you could manage that.

Patiently awaiting to play this, looking awesome.
The mapping has more progress than most other aspects of the game because it's the least boring thing to do. Unfortunately some of the PBS files need revisions and the events still need de-bugging. At the moment the ratio of mapping progress is too high in contrast to everything else.

I'm posting back today to announce that recent progress has meant that a short, 2-gym demo can be release soon. I'm still unsure of what the date is as I've never been good at planning far ahead but will release information on the demo date nearer the time when I've un-riddled all the remaining buggy-events.

In the meantime if you check the first post you'll find the screenshots, credits, Greeo Mythology and support bars have been updated.

Here are the new support bars:

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_1_zpsfadb9258.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_2_zps5550b9f1.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_3_zpsae4bfc5e.png

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Last edited by Rayquaza.; September 1st, 2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Spritesu

Are the overworld trainer sprites going to be like black and white or like Heart gold and Soul silver? Wondering because ive seen pictures of both sprites.

P.s. i prefer heart gold sprites over black and white
Old August 20th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritesu View Post
Are the overworld trainer sprites going to be like black and white or like Heart gold and Soul silver? Wondering because ive seen pictures of both sprites.

P.s. i prefer heart gold sprites over black and white
I'm just guessing here, but i think I heard him say last that it was going to be b/w style - although it could go either way o-o
as for me I've seen games that use b/w and look really cool and others that look like total ****, same with hg/ss style it all depends on how they made it, and the style they chose really, but a lot of his work shows he is good with their movements and such, so either graphic style chosen should be pretty well done - there are a whole slue of releases of games all of a sudden, I look forward to seeing this one in the line up as well

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Finally, someone on here gets it.
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:30 AM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
I'm just guessing here, but i think I heard him say last that it was going to be b/w style - although it could go either way o-o
as for me I've seen games that use b/w and look really cool and others that look like total ****, same with hg/ss style it all depends on how they made it, and the style they chose really, but a lot of his work shows he is good with their movements and such, so either graphic style chosen should be pretty well done - there are a whole slue of releases of games all of a sudden, I look forward to seeing this one in the line up as well
As indicated by the last couple of screenshots I've submitted to the first post it is indeed confirmed that the sprite style is HGSS and not BW because BW sprites are too big (not to mention the heads are massive). Still no idea of the date but I'll keep everyone posted.

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Old August 21st, 2013, 10:24 PM
Spritesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
Yeah i agree i do like some b/w Sprites but some of them like Rayquaza said above has big heads and most of the sprites hands are spread very far apart.
Old September 1st, 2013, 02:54 AM
Rayquaza.

Just a little bump on the support bars. Nothing fancy.

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_1_zpsfadb9258.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_2_zps5550b9f1.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_3_zpsae4bfc5e.png

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Old September 11th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Ssj3 Pikachu
Super Saiyan Electric Mouse

I see theres a mega blaziken.
Old September 18th, 2013, 01:05 AM
arcanaex

You know i really want to see an actual talking Main Character you know? something that would be awesome!
Old October 2nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssj3 Pikachu View Post
I see theres a mega blaziken.
There is indeed. I plan to add other Mega Evolutions as well, as soon as all of them have been sprited at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanaex View Post
You know i really want to see an actual talking Main Character you know? something that would be awesome!
In many ways; no, it wouldn't. Since the first Pokémon games the main character has never been a being of many words. I'm sticking to that part. Some people may think it'd be nice to have a talking main character but what difference would that make?

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Old October 3rd, 2013, 04:17 PM
Krio
Stoked For Pokemon PR!

Nature: Modest
Really looking forward to the beta!
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Zodiac.
Flannary Returns!

I can't wait either. I hope it's released soon.

Old October 13th, 2013, 04:14 AM
PeskyJoltik
EPICLY HAPPY

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to PeskyJoltik
Me like Mega Blaziken! And is this a DS hack? If it is, I will really try this!
Old October 13th, 2013, 05:02 AM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
So I've been watching your game progress in the shadows for quite a while now. I must admit you have progressed quite a bit on the visuals of your game. The maps from what I can see in the screenshots seem fairly well done and the graphics at first didn't I wasn't fond of but over time they have grown on me. Keep up the work and hope to see you progress further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeskyJoltik View Post
Me like Mega Blaziken! And is this a DS hack? If it is, I will really try this!
Read the first line of the thread...
"Please note this is not a remake or a ROM hack, this is made with RMXP"

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links