Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Reload this Page What is your opinion on classical music?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old November 5th, 2012 (09:26 PM).
The Spirit of Chaos
Team Kalos

Well, since a rap thread recently popped up, I thought "Why not make a thread for my favorite genre of music!" So I did. And I'd like to know: What is your opinion on classical music? If you're a fan, who's your musician/composer?
Old November 5th, 2012 (10:59 PM).
Furude
Team Sinnoh
ModeratorEO

Nature: Mild
I'm not really a fan of classical music. That being said I can quite easily appreciate a good piece of music. The march-like ridiculous up-beat classical stuff is just terrible but some of the work that Dvorak, Beethoven, Mozart and Bach have (the more beautiful/complex/chilling ones) I quite enjoy if they pop up somewhere.

Once classical musician I really do enjoy listening to though is David Garret (I have a thing for violin music). He not only does classical music but often combines classical with modern styles of music or does a violin cover of a popular song (his versions of Smooth Criminal and Ain't no Sunshine are some of the best things I have heard come from a violin).

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old November 5th, 2012 (11:07 PM).
Master of the Elements
Team Sinnoh
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
Classical music is my go-to music when I'm high and looking for inspiration. The soaring sounds and dramatic tone of it all is really quite invigorating. My personal fav is Beethoven (cliched I know) and a little Bach.

Kamex - Drill - Sleeper
Old November 6th, 2012 (08:12 AM).
fullmetal
Team Kalos
Silver Tier

Not really a fan of classical music. It's just boring to me :l

“A lesson without pain is meaningless.
That’s because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart.”
Old November 6th, 2012 (10:29 AM).
Team Unova
Silver Tier

I don't listen to classical very much day-to-day, but when I get the itch to listen to some I really like it and spend at least a couple hours straight playing it.

I don't know much about it and I can't usually remember names of what I hear, but I like the ones that create a kind of atmosphere. Some classical music is very quick and changes all over the place and is kind of schizophrenic (and is probably technically very impressive) but that's not really appealing to me. I like the kind that you might conceivably hear in a movie.
Old November 6th, 2012 (04:09 PM).
can I have a Pokepuff?
Team Kalos
Gold Tier

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Poke Fox
Like Toshiro mentioned above, Its not my style of music

Old November 6th, 2012 (09:22 PM).
trying to be cool
Team Johto
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
I'm not really a fan of classical music, so I don't know much composers. I listen to classical music when I'm writing stories, like my inspiration. Besides that, I'm okay with it.
“You see, love liberates. It doesn’t bind. Love says I love you, I love you if you’re in China, I love you if you’re across town, I love you if you’re in Harlem. I love you. I would like to be near you, I’d like to have your arms around me, I’d like to hear your voice in my ear. But that’s not possible now. So, I love you. Go.”

Old November 7th, 2012 (01:07 AM).
Team Johto

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Classical music is the best, most complex music that mankind will ever play. Not one genre can match up with classical music. Of course, preference is one thing, but complexity is another. It takes a lot of knowledge and skill to be able to play and understand classical. I love listening to it, and I love trying to play it on my guitar xD

My favorite composer is Paganini.

Old November 7th, 2012 (04:41 AM).
We'll get to that tomorrow
Team Hoenn

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
I'm not a fan, but I do like to play them sometimes as background music to add a little seasoning to my bland life.

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old November 7th, 2012 (07:09 PM).
  
Team Unova
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by LightningAlex:
Classical music is the best, most complex music that mankind will ever play. Not one genre can match up with classical music. Of course, preference is one thing, but complexity is another. It takes a lot of knowledge and skill to be able to play and understand classical. I love listening to it, and I love trying to play it on my guitar xD
Coming from another metalhead \m/

Hm, classical music... I'd like to say I'm a fan, but I honestly have never gotten around to listening to it. I mean, I always have all of my personally preferred bands playing on my iPod, that I don't have the time to listen to any classical. I do appreciate its existence and would love to begin listening to it.

But, as a serious guitarist (and a big fan of Randy Rhoads!) I can say that I really value classical music. It's extremely worth praising: the fact that a single person composed an entire masterpiece, for each and every instrument, and made it flow beautifully... it's awesome. I do study classical music (as well as play the French horn), so I tend to incorporate similar riffs and arpeggios and whatnot into my guitar playing, but I wouldn't be spot-on to the feel as I'm not an avid listener.

Eventually I'll get to it... xD;
Old November 8th, 2012 (06:35 AM).
Prinny Instructor
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Calm
Classical music is something I grew up listening to - Fantasia is and will likely remain my favourite Disney film of all time, and I've seen pretty much every single episode of Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes, which features famous classical pieces - then rediscovered when I was old enough to appreciate it. When I got my first laptop I had a rush to discover all my childhood favourites, which led to the discovery of more, and it's arguably my favourite genre of music (I like a little symphonic metal or death metal now and then, as well as the 80s rock/pop mother made me listen to) right now.

Favourite composer...probably Tchaikovsky; as I said, I grew up with Fantasia, and I am extremely fond of the Nutcracker Suite and Swan Lake...I do not, however, like the 1812 Overture. I'm also very fond of Schubert; he composed some truly fantastic symphonies, which I find to be more relaxing than the likes of Chopin (who is hit and miss with me) and Beethoven.

Thanks to my friends in College, I've also had a little exposure to opera, and I've developed quite a taste for that as well. I've not been to see an opera in years, though...unfortunately.
Old November 10th, 2012 (05:38 PM).
Team Sinnoh
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Up until middle school, classical music was the only genre of music I actually considered music.
Old November 14th, 2012 (10:28 AM).
adventure seeker
Team Hoenn
Platinum Tier

Love it. To me instrumental or classical music is so pure. I listen to it every day. Although modern composers tend to be my favourite, such as Ludivico Einaudi and some work from Two Steps from Hell. Although they're more instrumental than classical.

| | |
Old November 14th, 2012 (12:11 PM).
Team Hoenn
ModeratorCSGT

Like Gavin, I listen to Two Steps from Hell regularly, and sometimes I listen to orchestral vgm (N's Castle stands out as one). But yeah, I don't mind classial music but I tend to prefer fast, dramatic styled music over long, slow ones.
Old November 22nd, 2012 (10:49 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>
Team Hoenn

Nature: Relaxed
I'm a big Chopin fan, but that's because I'm a sucker for anything with a piano in it: he just happens to get the best stuff out of a grand piano that I've ever heard. Fantasies, Baccaroles, Ballades, all those musical buzzwords. Love 'em all.
Old November 24th, 2012 (01:48 PM).
standing around
Team Johto

I like it. I don't have a favorite composer but I follow a youtube channel named "smalin". It's Stephen Malinowski's channel. He does videos with music animation machine. I also find them interesting to watch.
Old November 25th, 2012 (05:47 AM).
Team Unova
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
To be honest, I hate classical music cos every time I listen to it I end up falling asleep and that's not good for someone who listens to music for a living like me.

Classical is actually tied with country for my least fave genre of music, which explains that.

IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING!

#teamunova

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old November 25th, 2012 (06:15 AM).
Ripper
Team Hoenn

I don't usually listen to classical music, but I wouldn't refuse listening to it if I had to. I have some kind of appreciation for this sort of music. I imagine myself in the future sitting on a comfortable couch, surrounded by tons of books, next to a fireplace and listening to classical music.

At this moment, there's one classical song that I totally love and that song is Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven. Aside from that song, I barely like others.

Allez, hop!
Old November 25th, 2012 (09:14 AM).
TOY CHICA FTW!!!!
Team Kanto

Nature: Naughty
I can't listen to classical music without wanting to switch it off. If forced too listen to it I'll just leave the room. I have against people who like this type of music it's just not to my taste.
Old November 25th, 2012 (02:50 PM).
MASTER
Team Kalos

Classical music is the most beautiful and complex that will ever be written by the human race. Everything has to be perfect in classical music, all the sounds coming from all the instruments have to fit, and both the composers and performers need lots of skill, feeling and musical theory understanding to write and play it. I'm not an avid listener, but I enjoy this kind of music once in a while. Mainly Beethoven.

© i Katalyst
Old November 25th, 2012 (03:13 PM).
Sleeping soundly
Team Sinnoh
Crystal Tier

Growing up, classical music was what I would hear. I think it was because, when I was little I used to visit Mexico a lot. The SNES for example, while may be classical or instrumental is still a classic to me with the majority of the libary that it possesses. Classic music by some would also be the music that flows onto the street, with the marachi bands performing. Or students just playing and enjoying what they enjoy. Classicial to me is, what sounds melodic and passossinate. Everyone has some way of viewing something, and this is how I view the old art that is classical music.
Old November 26th, 2012 (10:42 PM).
It's so overt, it's covert!
Team Johto

I can tolerate classical, and in fact, I even enjoy it sometimes.
But it's not really my music.. I like electric house to pop punk to alternative, but I don't regularly listen to classical.
Old November 27th, 2012 (06:04 PM).
It's ok to cry.
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Sassy
I feel like if I was in any way musically inclined I'd appreciate classical music more than I do. I'd like to appreciate it more, does that count for anything?

Old November 27th, 2012 (07:17 PM).
Team Johto

Nature: Quiet
Classical music has been a huge part of my life since the day I was born. My mother has been listening to classical music ever since I was in her womb, so I guess I have been 'listening' to it even before my birth lol. Too much info? >< Anyways, yeah. Classical music is very high up in my list of music genres. I owe it all to my father who loved playing classical music when I was young, and this stuck on till today.

This music genre always puts a smile on my face and helps me relax and calm down both emotionally and physically. My favourite composers would be Mozart and Chopin. Their pieces are simply sensational and out of this world. Why, give this piece a listen.

Spoiler:

Chopin Nocturne Op.27 No.1
Old November 27th, 2012 (07:31 PM).
give me the words
Team Kalos
ModeratorCS

Nature: Mild
I'm not the biggest fan of Classical music. I'm more of a pop fan myself. However, every now and then I might hear a piece I like.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links