The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 21st, 2013, 05:11 AM
freddy f1shf1nger

Done and Dusted, it works like a charm. Thanks
Old December 15th, 2013, 01:08 AM
bitelaserkhalif
BITE LASER wants to fight!

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
Introduction
Hello, I am Pinkish Purple and in this tutorial, I will be showing you how to modify your hack so that the player can run indoors. I will be using the hack Pokemon Rose for this demo. Credits go to DoubleDare96 for the tutorial, Bela for allowing me to use his hack for this demo, and HackMew for previously discovering this code.

Offsets
First, here are the offsets that we will be using later on in the tutorial:
Code:
Fire Red
BD494

Leaf Green
BD468

Ruby
E5E00

Sapphire
E5E00

Emerald
11A1E8
Let's begin!
Open up the rom with any Hex Editors and locate the Offsets using CTRL+G. Pokemon Rose is a Fire Red hack, so I will use the Fire Red offset.

Now, you see an arrow in the picture above, pointing to the number ''08''. That is the number that disallows the player to run in buildings. So, what we want to do is to delete that ''08'' by changing the value to ''00''.
That's very simple, but Thank you for the Tutorial!(I haven't tried it yet on Pokemon Jade;look at signature).I used windhex as hex editor.But,how to change 08 to 00?

EDIT:It's Working like a bosss! Thank you!I wasn't change it because I was using Windhex, not HxD.

Last edited by bitelaserkhalif; January 4th, 2014 at 03:40 AM. Reason: forgot add something, forgot hex editor name -_-
Old December 15th, 2013, 04:51 PM
zachatoo
Zachatoo

Thanks much! This always has bugged me :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links