Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 19th, 2013 (04:27 PM).
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Episode 10 is Rainbow Falls!

Also, wow, my prediction for Pinkie Apple Pie was wayyyy off...

Episode 11 hasn't been revealed yet, I don't think!
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old December 21st, 2013 (08:50 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Clever Girl

Nature: Quirky
Ponies, Assemble!

Spoiler:
Didn't expect the Power Ponies episode to be a Spike-centric episode, which only makes it better, because sidekick-centric episodes are much more interesting that main hero episodes. Let's see what superheroes Spike and the mane six are based off of as the Power Ponies:

Twilight - Superman?
Pinkie - Flash
Dash - Storm
AJ - Wonder Woman
Rarity - Green Lantern
Fluttershy - Hulk (the funniest moment near the end of the episode)
Spike - Robin

The Mane-iac also seems to be Joker and Dr. Octagonopus Doc Ock's love child. I'm really looking forward to how the old castle will turn out once it's finished being fixed as Twilight's new throne, as well as a possible return of the Shadow Pony from the third episode.
Old December 21st, 2013 (09:35 AM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

Nature: Brave
Oh my goodness.

Spoiler:
You want a pony version of superheroes? YOU GOT IT. Power Ponies has proven that yes, even the animators can ponify the superhero personas that we're usually accustomed to. The fact that they centered the episode on Spike, who played as the clumsy and heroic sidekick, was amazing. And how they saved the best for last. I honestly enjoyed Fluttershy's superheroic moment.

"BEEEEE MAAAAD."

"I'm trying!!"

*Mane-iac slaps firefly*

"HOW DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAREEEE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU." *turns into hulk*

oh. my. god. that was just EPIIIIIIIIC!! I applaud. I applaud.

Old December 21st, 2013 (01:47 PM).
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Power Ponies:

Spoiler:
AMAZING, OMG SO AMAZING. Okay, I love Mane-iac. Never favorite villain until further notice. I love how the comic was enchanted and that's how they got sucked into it. The ending was kind of rushed yeah, but at least they got out!

Also, the old castle seems to be a major symbol in this season. I think they'll be going back to it a ton of times before season 4 ends.

Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old December 21st, 2013 (04:33 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Fun new episode. :3
I would have said a lot more about this new episode, but...
Spoiler:
Fluttershy...
My jaw just dropped... O.O
#495 Snivy
Supporter Collab January 2015

Old December 22nd, 2013 (07:19 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Clever Girl

I believe this image best describes the climax of yesterday's episode in a nutshell:

Spoiler:

Quote originally posted by ThatsJessica:
Omg I love MLP

Fluttershy xx <33333333333333
Feel free to fill up the join requirements from the first page.
Old December 22nd, 2013 (07:34 AM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
I believe this image best describes the climax of yesterday's episode in a nutshell:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I think this last episode pretty much proved that if you kill a fly next time, fluttershy will come and kick your butt. So I better be nice to all the bugs then haha

Old December 22nd, 2013 (08:21 AM).
Houndour2005

I loved The Power Ponies.

On saturday it's Bats.

"Sweet Apple Acres is taken over by Vampire Fruit Bats"
Old December 22nd, 2013 (09:00 PM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

This was a fun episode! I got a lot of laughs from it, particularly from Pinkie.

Spoiler:
I'm hoping that something more can be done with the power ponies idea. Like a side comic or something.

That's probably nostalgia talking. When I was growing up, there was a series of children's novels based on the comic strip Garfield by Jim Davis. In these novels, the usual cast of the Garfield comics were transported to another dimension where they became super heroes with powers based around their personalities. The idea was a lot of fun to see, and I was reminded strongly of it with this episode.

I also like how darker the scenery was in this episode. It reminded me of Batman: The Animated Series, and was a nice little homage to that great cartoon.

Really, I liked this episode's concept. It was slightly weird to me that Spike had to be reminded again that the Mane 6 like having him around, but hey...still enjoyable to watch a great concept executed well.
Old December 23rd, 2013 (01:36 PM).
Houndour2005

Episode 11 revealed.

Synopsis: “Three’s a Crowd”: Pinkie Pie finds her status as “super-duper party pony” in jeopardy when the mysterious Cheese Sandwich comes to town and offers to plan an epic party for Rainbow Dash. Guest voiceover by Weird Al Yankovic.
Old December 23rd, 2013 (09:39 PM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

Quote originally posted by Astinus:
This was a fun episode! I got a lot of laughs from it, particularly from Pinkie.

Spoiler:
I'm hoping that something more can be done with the power ponies idea. Like a side comic or something.

That's probably nostalgia talking. When I was growing up, there was a series of children's novels based on the comic strip Garfield by Jim Davis. In these novels, the usual cast of the Garfield comics were transported to another dimension where they became super heroes with powers based around their personalities. The idea was a lot of fun to see, and I was reminded strongly of it with this episode.

I also like how darker the scenery was in this episode. It reminded me of Batman: The Animated Series, and was a nice little homage to that great cartoon.

Really, I liked this episode's concept. It was slightly weird to me that Spike had to be reminded again that the Mane 6 like having him around, but hey...still enjoyable to watch a great concept executed well.
Spoiler:
omg I was kinda thinking of the same thing. I was hoping t-shirts of the power ponies would come out soon at Hot Topic or something because oooh my god, I would so buy it in a heartbeat. I'm also interested in the side comic if it happens sooner or later. It'd be a fun read tbh!

I don't think this needs to be spoilered, but I'll ask those that watched the episode: Which Power Pony did you like best?

Quote originally posted by Houndour2005:
Episode 11 revealed.

Synopsis: “Three’s a Crowd”: Pinkie Pie finds her status as “super-duper party pony” in jeopardy when the mysterious Cheese Sandwich comes to town and offers to plan an epic party for Rainbow Dash. Guest voiceover by Weird Al Yankovic.
The twitterbronies were buzzing about this today, it'd be quite an interesting episode, especially with Weird Al. Looking forward to that!

Old December 24th, 2013 (05:47 PM).
Houndour2005

MMeghanMcCarthy 15m
Don’t you just hate it when you get everyone a Rarity song for the holidays and then realize it won’t be delivered until the New Year?
Old December 24th, 2013 (08:55 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
If you don't mind more of my personal issues, I'd like to vent some more. Back in Thanksgiving, I said I got into an argument with most of my family about being a brony. Today, during a discussion about Doctor Who, I casually brought Doctor Whooves only to be interrupted with "That's a forbidden subject in this house." Just like last time, they said it with a joking tone but were nevertheless serious about it. Hell, they didn't even judge my confused sexuality! I don't care how they put it, it hurts like hell to be rejected at the mere mention of a fandom!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 25th, 2013 (04:23 PM).
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Good thing we're getting a new Rarity song. I've been wanting a new one for a g e s. At any rate.... I have a bad feeling about episode 11 for this season---seems strange to me: but Weird Al is interesting... so I hope that the strange description doesn't make it an odd episode. Here's to it being the best Pinkie Pie episode of the year.

Old December 27th, 2013 (10:03 AM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

gdi Meghan McCarthy! Teasing us till the new year. I want that Rarity song :|

Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
If you don't mind more of my personal issues, I'd like to vent some more. Back in Thanksgiving, I said I got into an argument with most of my family about being a brony. Today, during a discussion about Doctor Who, I casually brought Doctor Whooves only to be interrupted with "That's a forbidden subject in this house." Just like last time, they said it with a joking tone but were nevertheless serious about it. Hell, they didn't even judge my confused sexuality! I don't care how they put it, it hurts like hell to be rejected at the mere mention of a fandom!
It's okay to vent. My family kinda hates it when I mention anything ponies...whereas they think it's for little kids and we're (the adults in the fandom) ruining it all. I really don't care what people say, especially in my family. Judge all they want. Our love for ponies isn't going away at all. :3
Old December 27th, 2013 (02:01 PM). Edited December 27th, 2013 by Astinus.
Houndour2005

Spoiler:

What is that "Rainbow Powers"?

E 11 Threes A Crowd
The Hub Network's synopsis for this episode: "Twilight is looking forward to some quality bonding time with Princess Cadance. But when a sick friend shows up needing Twilight’s attention, it looks like her plans for a peaceful visit with her sister-in-law will have to be put on hold."
Old December 28th, 2013 (06:18 AM).
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

At least that's the real description. The older one (the cheese sandwich thing) was really creepy and sounded un MLP like. Also... rainbow ponies? Maybe. It could happen at any time.

Old December 28th, 2013 (08:24 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Clever Girl

The First Applejack & Fluttershy episode of the whole series, if I'm not mistaken:

Spoiler:
An environmental rant with a horror twist: Bat Ponies! Well, there's only one bat pony, and it's poor ol Fluttershy after falling victim to Twilight's plan on ridding the vampire fruit bats going awall. And that ending, argh! They always taunt me on when will there ever be a follow-up to this event, just like Castle Mania.

Also, hooray for Winter Wrap Up parody, sung by none than Pinkie Pie!
Old December 28th, 2013 (08:59 AM).
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Bats!

Spoiler:
SHOCKING! I thought Fluttershy got infected by a Vampire Bat bite. T_T But she didn't, thank god! I can't believe that the spell turned Fluttershy into a Vampire Bat Pony. Omggggg shocking! This episode was 100% better than I thought it would be! It's now my favorite season 4 so far. Power Ponies doesn't measure to how great this episode was. If it was their first attempt at horror, Meghan did a wonderful job.

Also, the song was e p i c. <3

Old December 28th, 2013 (12:32 PM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

I called it! I totally called it!!!

Spoiler:
So the bat pony rumor that twitter was buzzing about turned out to be true! I'm actually surprised at the fact Fluttershy was bitten. But honestly, I was expecting more of a Dracula-ish type of episode where Fluttershy would turn the other ponies into vampire ponies but that's going to the extremes don't ya think? xD But overall, I loved this episode, perfect for Halloween actually. It's also an episode that we see that Twilight's spells still need some practice and needs to be controlled. lol.

So finally, we got to see bat ponies. I'm actually happy now. Thanks, writers! :D

Old December 28th, 2013 (05:05 PM).
Bestintheworld
Capo de tutti capo

Nature: Naughty
I never understood bronies or the fascination behind it. I heard about it through the howard stern show http://youtu.be/sMykmHuMtf4 is a short clip of some interviews of some bronies at bronycon. Not to be negative but can anyone explain the fascination? And if there are any cloppers(doubt you'll admit it) but isn't that wrong?
Old December 28th, 2013 (08:42 PM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

Quote originally posted by Bestintheworld:
I never understood bronies or the fascination behind it. I heard about it through the howard stern show http://youtu.be/sMykmHuMtf4 is a short clip of some interviews of some bronies at bronycon. Not to be negative but can anyone explain the fascination? And if there are any cloppers(doubt you'll admit it) but isn't that wrong?
To put it briefly, we're fascinated by it because of the animation and the humor it has within the show. The brony fandom is another world. We have artists, fanfic writers, people that solely enjoy the show, people that do music, people that work for the show, and much much much more. There's also a dark side to it, yeah...but I'm not going to go deeper on it. I know a lot of peeps out there immediately think of bronies as "weird", "nasty" and "inappropriate", but they haven't heard what bronies are really doing to the community around them. They're doing charity work, helping children socialize, and much more. There are cloppers out there because they CHOSE to be fascinated by "art". And that's where most of the judgment comes from.

I literally cringe every time I hear the word "clop" because I find it absolutely horrifying. I'm someone that wants to stay for what I'm originally a fan of: and that's the show itself.

Old December 28th, 2013 (09:02 PM).
Bestintheworld
Capo de tutti capo

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Axeliira:
To put it briefly, we're fascinated by it because of the animation and the humor it has within the show. The brony fandom is another world. We have artists, fanfic writers, people that solely enjoy the show, people that do music, people that work for the show, and much much much more. There's also a dark side to it, yeah...but I'm not going to go deeper on it. I know a lot of peeps out there immediately think of bronies as "weird", "nasty" and "inappropriate", but they haven't heard what bronies are really doing to the community around them. They're doing charity work, helping children socialize, and much more. There are cloppers out there because they CHOSE to be fascinated by "art". And that's where most of the judgment comes from.

I literally cringe every time I hear the word "clop" because I find it absolutely horrifying. I'm someone that wants to stay for what I'm originally a fan of: and that's the show itself.

Thanks for clearing that up, cause the stern show was the first I ever heard of that fandom. I'm glad to hear everyone into it aren't "cloppers", lol the word really does sound creepy. But thanks again for explaining the fascination to me.
Old December 28th, 2013 (09:16 PM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Unfortunately, the worst side of fandoms is what gets the most attention and discussion by those outside of the fandom. So when someone first hears of bronies, it tends to be attached to accusations of "clopping" or other disturbing things. But the horrible side is the vocal minority. A lot of fans of Friendship is Magic aren't cloppers or anything that you hear mentioned on the Howard Stern show. They're just normal people who happen to enjoy a show about colorful ponies going on adventures.

As for why I like the show, it's well-written, has a main cast made entirely of female characters, and is just a feel-good show that I always enjoy watching.
Old December 31st, 2013 (01:48 AM).
Houndour2005

Epsiode 12 Pinkie Pride
Synopsis: Pinkie Pie must defend her status as a party pony when a mysterious visitor comes to town and plans a party for Rainbow Dash.

Sponsored Links