The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2013, 09:16 AM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
inb4

Spoiler:

because, no other pony makes better parties than Pinkie Pie.

Also, while I've been doing some lurking in an MLP forum I go to, I found this: The Pony Holiday Calendar. Someone took their time gathering up all the holidays the ponies celebrate and putting them in our calendar. The next holidays are "Family Appreciation Day" and "Derpy Day", aka the day she spoke and we were surprised with all glory. xD
Old December 31st, 2013, 03:31 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Bleeding sure is lovely.

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Um... okay then. Yeah, I'm not sure how to feel about this episode description. xD Seems a little strange, ha ha. I'll still try it. "Pinkie Pride" huh... hmm...
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old December 31st, 2013, 06:46 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I always love how detailed this fandom can get. Like something gets briefly mentioned in the background of an episode, and this fandom just runs with it, creating amazingly detailed things like calendars or headcanons.

Anyhow, Bats! I knew it would be a while before I could write up my thoughts on the episode, so I took notes while watching it.

Spoiler:
First, let me say that Fluttershy looked awesome as a bat. The muted color scheme looked great on her, and I liked her evil look. I'm not a collector of Fluttershy toys, but I would get Flutterbat because I just loved the design that much.

The song wasn't one of my favorites. I don't know what it is, but none of the songs from season four have stuck with me. Even songs from Equestria Girls I enjoyed, but season four hasn't grabbed me yet. Maybe one problem with this episode is that I haven't seen the Nightmare Before Christmas, so I don't have a strong sense of nostalgia for it like I've seen elsewhere. Still, it's always great to hear Applejack sing.

I was shocked when Twilight Sparkle leaped in so quickly with the short-term solution plan to cast a spell on the bats. By now, she should know to listen to her friends, especially Fluttershy when it comes to animals (as Fluttershy has proven that she knows what she's talking about when it comes to animals). She learned the lesson of listening to her friends in episodes like "Swarm of the Century" where Pinkie Pie knew what she was talking about, but no one listened to her. And again it happens here, but Twilight just...doesn't listen to Fluttershy. At the very least, I thought that Twilight would have researched the bats a little to learn what they were about.

The reference to Dash's love of cider was amusing. CONTINUITY!

It was weird that three out of four Apple family members were gone for the very first day of Apple Bucking season. I would have thought that they would plan things out better, like keeping at least Big Mac around to help AJ. Or at least have AJ complain that she was left alone for Apple Bucking season and she didn't want a repeat of what happened before to her when she was left alone to take care of the farm. Continuity?

Unfortunately, it seems like Pinkie Pie is thrown into the episodes to be random and not to really do anything. That's the way that this season feels to me: the mane 6 (and Spike) are included in the episodes, even if they don't really have anything to do. So some characters just get tossed in randomly, poking their heads in with dialogue or scenes that don't add to the story, just to remind viewers that they are there. I miss the episodes that only have the characters in them that really matter, like how it was before.

Though I will always take more Rarity.

I really enjoyed Twilight's retelling of what went wrong with the spell. The background music was great for that. It also kind of explains why we don't see more serious magic users like Twilight: that stuff gets dangerous in the wrong hands!

There were some things that I liked about this episode, but it wasn't enough to really wow me. Here's hoping that next episode is amazing because Rarity.

I am hoping that all these little teasers at the end of the episodes will lead up to something. At some point, they'll get really tiresome, especially if they're just forgotten.
Old January 1st, 2014, 04:20 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
I liked the song from Bats!, it reminded me of the songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Also for the new year we are getting a Rarity episode which could have songs in it. At the end of the month we are also getting the first Twilight Sparkle episode in a while and it has Princess Cadence in it. I would like to see Trixie make an appearance in Season 4, maybe it will be "Three's A Crowd"?
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old January 1st, 2014, 07:45 PM
Minerva

We haven't seen much emphasis on Twilight's role as princess just yet, and I have a feeling we're going to see that once we reach the middle and ending of the season where she'll be taking advantage of her role. The Mane 6 keep revisiting that dirty castle in the previous episodes, I wonder if that could continue to be a key role in the season?

Ahh yes, I think the Rarity episode is this weekend. Yesssss I cannot wait. <3

Hmm, I would doubt that Trixie may make a season 4 appearance. She's already turned good after Magic Duel, and I don't see her making at least a brief appearance in one of the episodes. Although that doesn't sound half-bad!
Old January 2nd, 2014, 12:35 PM
CureYoshiDarkness
A Shy Workhorse Centaurian
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Timid
Hi, everyone! Yoshi-san, under a new name here and I have one thing to say! BATS!

Spoiler:
Wish it was this one though.

Still the episode was very well, I enjoyed it and personally this season has been A-OK! so far. Only had a few iffs about Power Ponies, but other than that it was great. And that ending with Fluttershy. I found that very interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeliira
We haven't seen much emphasis on Twilight's role as princess just yet, and I have a feeling we're going to see that once we reach the middle and ending of the season where she'll be taking advantage of her role. The Mane 6 keep revisiting that dirty castle in the previous episodes, I wonder if that could continue to be a key role in the season?
They are restoring the old Palace of the Two Sisters in the Everfree Forest, she said that in Power Ponies. So I that a feeling, yeah; It will return as well.

Quote:
Ahh yes, I think the Rarity episode is this weekend. Yesssss I cannot wait. <3
Its about time, right? :D

Quote:
Hmm, I would doubt that Trixie may make a season 4 appearance. She's already turned good after Magic Duel, and I don't see her making at least a brief appearance in one of the episodes. Although that doesn't sound half-bad!
Hey, don't knock Trixie off the S4 wagon yet; Discord was turned good and well he played a major role in the start of Season 4, and lives with Fluttershy [it seems so from the intro], however Trixie was still in Ponyville last time we saw and she may appear! Oh, well. Til next episode!

|||||
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:26 PM
Minerva

About time indeed! Even the Hub just uploaded a clip of the new episode coming this Saturday. Spoilered in case anyone would rather wait till Saturday.

Spoiler:

So far Fluttershy being the Hulk is my favorite moment of the season. <3
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:38 PM
CureYoshiDarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeliira View Post
So far Fluttershy being the Hulk is my favorite moment of the season. <3
For me, FlutterBAT, but Flutterhulk made me shutter strangely, I don't know why... but I don't like it... it seems unfitting in my opinion.

|||||
Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:25 PM
Houndour2005

Brandnew Rarity song preview are up.

I love Flutterbat too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArKxILrveK8
Old January 4th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
The yearly-waited Rarity episode is here:

Spoiler:
Sunset Button is now one of my most disliked characters in the series next to Diamond Tiara and Twisted Spoon, for not only taking full advantage of Rarity's generosity, but also lied to her about the contest. The worst part is that we never see her in an upset expression after that scene for the rest of the episode, making me fully upset and wished she comes back for another Rarity-centric episode and get what she deserved in order for me to be fully satisfied with this episode.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old January 4th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Bleeding sure is lovely.

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Rarity Takes Manehatten:

Spoiler:
Good God. Those ponies were just... mean and snooty. And for that Suri pony to steal Rarity's whole line...just makes her a *****...I like how Rarity lost confidence. Anyway, it was a nice episode. I loved the song! Can't wait until next week, already on the edge of my seat, waiting.

Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old January 5th, 2014, 03:15 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
I'd like to point out that there was a Coco in Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends which Lauren Faust worked on, and now there's a Coco in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Coco also has similar eyes that look like Fluttershy's.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old January 5th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Minerva

I approve 100% of this new Rarity episode so much.

Spoiler:
I love it. I absolutely did. One of the best Rarity episodes since Sisterhooves Social. It was the episode where Rarity was able to use her element of Generosity towards live. And yeah, you can apply this episode to real life as well, because some people do take advantage of other people's generosity. I also loved how they made Manehattan an Equestrian version of NYC. The environment, the ponies, the taxi's, etc.

The song was fantastic. Rarity's singing voice is amazing and I wish she had more songs later on in the season.
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:27 AM
CureYoshiDarkness

Rarity Episode Time.
Spoiler:
Very good episode, loved Coco, for some reason I continued to call her CoroCoro in my head. Other than that, the song was moderate in my opinion, though the episode's storyline was fitting for Rarity. Here, I thought Canterlot Elite were a bit in the rear, Manehattan's are just as bad, maybe worse.

Either way, lovely episode. Now for some images.

Spoiler:

I feel sorry for Twilight a bit, at least the background ponies are no long copy-paste.

Spoiler:

Self-explanatory.

Spoiler:

Hey! Its the Fashion Trio! Holly, Sapphire, and Photo.

Spoiler:

Self-explanatory Deux.

Spoiler:

Happy CoroCoro COCO. (Damn I gotta stop that)

In ALL honesty, I loved Coro... Coco, glad to know she will be a common sight to see when the Mane6 are at Rarity's Shoppe.

|||||
Old January 6th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Houndour2005

That was the best Rarity episode.

And here are more about the Rainbow Power.

Old January 6th, 2014, 02:55 PM
CureYoshiDarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndour2005 View Post
Stickers, Stickers everywhere said Rainbow Dash to Twilight Sparkle.

|||||
Old January 6th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Minerva

I saw a story for Rainbow Power ponies on Equestria Daily just now. I think what Hasbro & the show are doing with that is this: new merch coming soon to stores. This means that we'll soon see the end of the Crystal Empire era for toys and such, and later on this year we may see new toys, merch, and playsets hitting major retails. Don't know when, but there are so many hints everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CureYoshiDarkness
Spoiler:
I don't get that image. Care to point out? :x
Old January 6th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Quote:
Look closely at his cutie mark. When you see it, you'll, well, you know.

Old January 7th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Houndour2005

Season 4 Episode 14 - Filli Vanilli
Air Date: February 15th

Season 4 Episode 15 - Twilight Time
Air Date: February 22nd

Season 4 Episode 16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies
Air Date: March 1st
Old January 7th, 2014, 11:23 AM
CureYoshiDarkness

Quote:
The stallion has Grumpy Cat for his Cutie Mark; internet pop culture reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndour2005 View Post
Season 4 Episode 14 - Filli Vanilli
Air Date: February 15th

Season 4 Episode 15 - Twilight Time
Air Date: February 22nd

Season 4 Episode 16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies
Air Date: March 1st
Season 4 Episode 14 - Filli Vanilli: CMC Episode? Or mayble Babs comes back?
Season 4 Episode 15 - Twilight Time: Twilight! YAY~!
Season 4 Episode 16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies: Not sure what this one is about; maybe this can shed some light? ( https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/...48041757057024 )

|||||
Old January 7th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by CureYoshiDarkness View Post
The stallion has Grumpy Cat for his Cutie Mark; internet pop culture reference. :)
Oh my goodness PRAISE THESE WRITERS for adding in pop culture references in MLP episodes. They are just simply greeeeeat. :D

Also could episode 16 be a Discord episode? Sounds a bit...gangsterish when I read the responses. xD

& peeps, have we discussed what the cutie marks of the CMC's would be? Tried searching the thread for it, so I guess not! Since the CMC's are searching for their cutie marks (and don't know when xD), what do you think they'll get? (You can include Babs Seed in this as well since she doesn't have a cutie mark either!).
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Here's another image of the fedora-wearing grumpy pony.

Spoiler:

It did look like the Grumpy Cat cutie mark was an afterthought because it didn't move with the pony as he moved.

Anyhow, I finally saw this episode, which I have been waiting for because it's a Rarity episode! Again, I wrote down my thoughts as I watched the episode.

Spoiler:
I was greatly amused by Rainbow Dash's comment about ponies bursting into song randomly just as Rarity did just that. Of course, it's always great to hear Rarity sing. The voice acting for her is just great, with the wide range of emotions that she can convey in a matter of seconds. They go along well with her range of facial expressions, which seem to have grown as the animation has improved. All the ponies have more expressions than they did in seasons past.

It was weird to me that Twilight couldn't just teleport to get the dresses. Actually, Twilight is just weird this entire season. No one gives any reactions to her being a princess and wandering around in the open. Especially that pony that wouldn't give up the cab to her. It's not like Twilight can just hide her status. She's an alicorn.

But this goes back to my complaint before about how the mane 6 are included in the episode even if there's nothing really for them to do. Like Pinkie's still coming off as a one-note random shouter. So there are several weird things about these episodes that wouldn't show up if the cast was cut down to whomever was necessary.

Anyhow, Rarity's meltdown was hilarious. "Isn't friendship MAGIC?" had me dying of laughter. The way she said it and just the joke with the title was perfect.

Speaking of awesome lines, Applejack's blunt honesty was amazing. The add-on of Dash's comment after that was perfect. I also love how Applejack had comments for Dash's excitement about the musical. I love those two.

I'm wondering if the rainbow thread is another teaser. I've seen some theories online that the thread is actually Rarity's key that she needs to find for the locked box. It would at least tie in one of these random ending teasers from all these episodes.

Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up with pony news, so I have no idea what this Rainbow Power Pony thing is about. Time to head over to Equestria Daily to catch up on merchandise releases!
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
Spoiler:

It was weird to me that Twilight couldn't just teleport to get the dresses. Actually, Twilight is just weird this entire season. No one gives any reactions to her being a princess and wandering around in the open. Especially that pony that wouldn't give up the cab to her. It's not like Twilight can just hide her status. She's an alicorn.
Spoiler:
She couldn't teleport, because she hasn't seen that place before, as further explained by the fan-made crossover "Turnabout Storm." I kind of imagine Manehatten as the place where you're treated as a normal citizen no matter who you are, especially how isolated the place is from the rest of Equestria, making any disastrous news taking place outside the city go unnoticed. It's only in small towns like Ponyville where Twilight gets respect as a princess.

Old January 8th, 2014, 11:25 AM
CureYoshiDarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up with pony news, so I have no idea what this Rainbow Power Pony thing is about. Time to head over to Equestria Daily to catch up on merchandise releases!
Hidden for those who didn't see the episode yet.
Spoiler:
Like all of Hasbro's toylines, the show has always hinted to things like Rainbow Dash's pet tortoise, 'Tank' with the Scoot Along Series, the 'Princess Cadance and Shining Armour Royal Wedding was hinted by the toyset that was promoed at Hasbro's Euro-Branch Convention, and finally, the Princess Twilight figure was hinted on Twitter before the end of Season three.

This episode with Rarity had a toy-ploy add-on, the example shown was the 'rainbow thread' that Rarity towards the end of the episode, however before this episode even aired; around episode three, we [I, myself investigated] got rumor of a future toyline promotion and it seems that was the unveiling of the 'RAINBOW POWER' which was showed off an episode before 'Rarity Takes Manehattan'.

Just happy to provide the club with any information that I can dig up from the net.

|||||
Old January 9th, 2014, 02:55 AM
Houndour2005

Brandnew teaser for Pinkie Apple Pie.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Axton; January 9th, 2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: spoiler!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links