The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 25th, 2014, 05:56 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Season 4 Episode 11 - Three's a Crowd
Oh mah gawd, this is by far the best episode ever. xD
I didn't have so many lols in one episode ever! xD

I enjoyed it WAY too much. XD
Old January 25th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Nature: Brave
^1,000th club post :O

Anyways, I GOT CAUGHT UP ON THE LAST TWO EPISODES curse you work for giving me hours the past two saturdays ;; but hey, money for pony merch, yes?

Spoiler:
For the first episode I watched, Rainbow Falls: I became more excited for Derpy to return, which quilzel had mentioned to me last week. But you know what got me MORE excited? The return of Road Rage! Which is now known as...Bicep or something like that? I forget the name. YEAH. I love how he has a buffed body but very little wings. Like, how does he fly like that? xD

When Rainbow Dash rescued Soarin' in that one scene, I immediately thought "OH MY GOD THE BRONIES THAT SHIP THOSE TWO MUST BE GOING CRAZY :o" because really, weren't they the most shipped in the series? xD

aaaand

Spoiler:
Three's a Crowd: I have one thing to say: DISCORD IS A FRIGGIN TROLL, MAN. How daaaaaare he ruin Twilight & Cadance's day ;; Overall a really awesome episode.

And you know what? We got a quick hint about that Breezies episode coming soon..I think?

Andrew - Hamlin - Anthony - Skipper - Sabrina - Starla
Old January 26th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Orogenes

Nature: Gentle
Username: Everest
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Twilight Sparkle
Additional Information: Well, Twilight and I do have a lot in common. We're both book nerds and tend to judge ourselves a bit too harshly.

I grew up with the 2nd generation and even had a pink mlp toy as a child. It had a lovely smell and thankfully my parents accepted this very "non boyish" side of me. Never thought much of the series when I grew up until i stumbled across a funny "Death Battle" video online where RD was pitted against a Transformer. The clips they showed from the actual show during the summary before the battle got me interested and I decided to have a look. I "got into it" very fast after those first epsodes: I found the characthers relatable, the humor funny, the "morals" well handled and the animation superb. Also, I had just recently lost one of my best friends and had thought a great deal about friendship, so I guess the show came at a good time for me.
Old January 26th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Orogenes! I was expecting your arrival, actually~ Welcome to our lovely club, this is where you meet every fan of ponies here. ^_^ Twilight's my second favorite pony alongside Rarity. I think it's the obsession with organization the reason why I like her. Also, timing and deadlines are something I crunch with the most xD

The morals are the reason why I stick around with the show. They do teach you so much about friendship and why it's so important! My absolute favorite was the Babs Seed episode which is about bullies, such a powerful episode and lesson tbh!

Old January 28th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Sooooooooooooooooooooo I'm thinking about the season finale:

Spoiler:
All this foreshadowing is pointing to "Rainbow Powers".
If anyone agrees, let's discuss it.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old January 29th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Houndour2005

Pinkie Pie's Smile in Japanese.

Old January 29th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxidation View Post
Sooooooooooooooooooooo I'm thinking about the season finale:

Spoiler:
All this foreshadowing is pointing to "Rainbow Powers".
If anyone agrees, let's discuss it.
Spoiler:
Looks like it is, it's rainbow this and rainbow that. I think they're just throwing some subtle hints about their new merch coming soon, or a special coming up. No word on that just yet because it's too early. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndour2005 View Post
Pinkie Pie's Smile in Japanese.

Fixed the video for ya :D

Old January 29th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

The way things are going now, I'm going to be one week behind in discussing episodes. While I watch the new episodes as soon as possible, I don't get my thoughts ready until a few days after. Between that and work, I only had a chance to write up my thoughts about Rainbow Falls.

Spoiler:
I tend to stay away from episode spoilers so that each episode is new and exciting for me. It wasn't hard to guess that this episode was going to deal with Rainbow Dash due to the title “Rainbow Falls,” and that filled me with a little bit of dread. Previous episodes focusing on Rainbow were hit-or-miss for me. Some I enjoyed quite a lot (“Fall Weather Friends” is still one of my favorite episodes), while others were not so great, like “Daring Don't.” So when I first watched this episode, I didn't expect anything from it, either good or bad.

The Equestria Games are continuing to be a plot point in this season, with this episode focusing on Rainbow Dash building a team to participate in a racing event. This makes sense for her character. She likes speed and she likes competition. Which makes the fact that her team is made up of the two weakest fliers in all of Ponyville strange. What makes it stranger is that Fluttershy and Bulk Biceps are made out to be worse fliers than how they were previously shown.

Fluttershy isn't much of a competitor. She can at least competently fly, though. Here in “Rainbow Falls,” she has problems simply hovering a few inches off the ground. This episode takes place after “Hurricane Fluttershy,” which means that this episode takes place after Fluttershy put in a lot of training in order to due her part to help her town.

This episode also takes place after “Wonderbolt Academy,” where Bulk Bicep's flying skill was shown. It's safe to assume from the opening of “Wonderbolt Academy” that in order to get into the school, a pegasus has to go through an application process. This means that potential students have to be able to perform well enough to get in and be able to handle the rigorous training that it takes to become a Wonderbolt. Bulk Biceps was in this school, and he was able to perform as well as any other student. Now, he's being taken out of commission by a stray apple brown betty.

Yet here in “Rainbow Falls,” he can't control the direction he's flying in and can barely get off the ground. Despite his tiny wings, he's still capable of flight as seen in previous episodes, but now he's made out to be the absolute worst in all of Ponyville.

Where's any of the pegasi that were seen in “Hurricane Fluttershy”? Yes, two pegasi had an explanation that they couldn't take part in the race because they were already competing in another event. But there were so many other pegasi seen wandering around Ponyville, but none of them were willing to be part of a team with Dash?

A lot of the other Ponyville ponies were shown to be rather incompetent compared to previous experience. Rarity, the costume designer, has shown that she understands that Dash likes sleek designs that won't slow her down in flight even while wearing clothes. But in “Rainbow Falls,” Rarity creates just the oddest dress that would only hinder Ponyville in flight.

This whole situation makes Ponyville look like a giant fish out of the water when it comes to the Equestria Games. Ponyville does have athletes to participate in the Equestria Games for other events. The two pegasi on the train showed that. So it's just odd to see that everything is riding on Rainbow Dash winning this one gold medal for the town. If Dash winning the gold for Ponyville was so important to the entire town, then why isn't the support for the relay fliers better? Cloudsdale is just a better prepared team because flying is what they do. That's why the Wonderbolts were chosen for the relay race. The Wonderbolts are a team who can work together under various situations, whether that's fighting a dragon or playing sports. Cloudsdale throws everything behind the team because that's Cloudsdale. They fly. Ponyville has several different athletes to support when it comes to the Equestria Games.

Take Bulk Biceps for example. His cutie mark and body shape show that weight training is his passion. It's what he does. It's what he loves so much that it's his cutie mark, and the question is raised as to why Bulk Biceps doesn't take part in a weight-lifting competition, which fits him better.

Then again, having Dash be the one to make the choice between the two teams worked better to develop her character. When she decided not to choose between Cloudsdale and Ponyville, I liked that scene because it shows that she doesn't want to hurt either side of friends. She's loyal to everyone.

It's not until her conversation with Soarin in the hospital that we see that Dash is really loyal to her beliefs. She likes things fair and honest. We saw it before in “Wonderbolts Academy” and we see it again here. When she finds out that the Wonderbolts are liars, she breaks herself away from the team to the side that's more honest and willing to listen to her more positive leadership ideas.

Speaking of honesty, Applejack is still hilarious this season with her blunt self. “They just got better aim!” had me laughing. I also enjoyed her expression at the end of the episode where she just munches on a brown betty. It's like she knew Dash was going to make time and had no reason to worry. Also, there was her feeding Dash a brown betty in the hospital to make Dash feel better. I just absolutely love Applejack and Rainbow Dash together, and any scenes that show their friendship is an absolute delight to me.

We're getting into the tinier details here.

Pinkie Pie's cheering made me regret watching this episode with headphones on. I'm really hoping that the show takes better care of Pinkie's characterization through the rest of season four instead of just making her into a wacky random yelling character, but the Discord episode squashed some hope of that. Maybe another episode actually focusing on her will be better. Please.

This episode is actually the first one that I ever watched in full screen mode. I'm glad I did. Rainbow Falls is a beautiful location. Seeing the animation better showed just how good it is, and I can appreciate more the work that goes into each episode.

Animation-wise, Bulk Biceps was adorable. I love how he could quickly shift from a tough persona to his gentler self. His dialogue began to grate on me towards the end of the episode. If he returns in future episodes in the background with as wide a range of expressions as he had here, I'd be happy.

For returning ponies, I loved Bubbles's reappearance! She was adorable, like when she dropped the flag or just shrugged at Twilight's comment. Bubble's use shows in her own way how Ponyville's team was relying on Dash. I'm really hoping that Bubbles continues in this manner, especially since she was part of the group shot at the end of the episode. If she's this well-handled again, I'll join the “more Bubbles” team.

The team of griffons made me happy. I'm hoping that they'll use them again, or that even Gilda makes a return.

Dash is still awesome in shades. My feelings that everyone looks better in glasses holds true even for multi-colored ponies.

“Rainbow Falls” was fun romp through a new location in the series and it helped to further the season's story. But it's an episode better enjoyed with the mind more turned off, since actually thinking about the episode ruins some of the fun.
Old January 31st, 2014, 03:46 PM
Houndour2005

The Pinkie Pride episode had been leaked and I watched that for the second time.
Old January 31st, 2014, 06:49 PM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Leaked?

OH RIGHT tomorrow is Saturday which means I get to watch ponies without having to wait a week or so to do that. yaaaay! I can wait till then. From what Houndour's saying, looks to be a pretty good episode. That would be the one with Weird Al's guest voicing, right?

In response to Asty's tl;dr.

Spoiler:
That's what I thought too! Fluttershy and Bulk Bicep can't be the *only* pegasi in Equestria, as well as Derpy. But, doesn't Derpy live in Cloudsdale? I think most Pegasi live in Cloudsdale, with the exception of Rainbow Dash. I think they're all rooting for the Cloudsdale team instead. xD

Also, at first when I saw & heard they mention Griffons, I thought: WILL WE SEE GILDA IN THIS EP. AGAIN? and then I got a little bummed that we didn't. I kinda wanted to see Gilda again. lol

Old February 1st, 2014, 08:30 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Weird Al Episode :D

Spoiler:
Looks like his character's name is Cheese Sandwich, and his cutie mark appears to have a mind of its own, and there seems to be references to his past works. Also, so much song overdose, but then again, this is a Pinkie Pie episode after all, and that the fact that Weird Al guest stars in it only doubles the amount. The Goof-off song was perhaps the highest peak of this episode due to all of the randomness going on between the two, especially the irl scenes.
Old February 1st, 2014, 10:09 AM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

HOUNDOUR WAS RIGHT.

Spoiler:
THAT EPISODE WAS AMAZING. It was really well written and it was better than what I expected!!

We even saw a lot more Derpy in this episode than in Rainbow Falls. Which is odd...haha.

Overall, Weird Al did a wonderful job being a guest voice on the show. His character fits his irl self pretty well. I actually love how he has two sides: a serious side, and a mostly crazy side. I knew Pinkie would break down after the goof-off. It's kinda funny to see how she would react that Cheese Sandwich would take over.

And to think that Pinkie's the reason why he likes parties too!

Wonderful. I loved this episode. Good job, writers.

Old February 1st, 2014, 04:36 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Spoiler:
I love this episode because...it's the first Season 4 episode where I wasn't cringing. :3
Also, I love all the songs on this episode! I love ... everything about this episode! xD
Old February 2nd, 2014, 10:16 AM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Spoiler:
I think the goof-off was the best part of the episode, if I had to choose which one was the best part. xD PINKIE PIE SANG THE TRADITIONAL MEXICAN PINATA SONG. I literally laughed my butt off when she did that.

Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:12 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Nature: Timid
Username: Sheep
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Twilight Sparkle
Why did I choose Twilight?: It's such a hard choice. It used to be Applejack, then Pinkie Pie, then Fluttershy, but now I think I've finally settled on Twilight. I can't help but feel she's pretty relatable without any exaggerated traits like the other five.

Hi guys! I'm back in action with MLP. Fell out of the series for about a year and used to be very active on the old MLP club by Sweet Candace. Admittedly I kind of.. lost interest for a while because particular people in the MLP:FiM fanbase made me uncomfortable but I'm starting to let that go. There's just no way a few bad apples can keep me away from such a cute show. :)

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
Old February 2nd, 2014, 02:44 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Welcome to the group, new members!

Unfortunately, I'm thinking of passing on club ownership to someone else. My busy schedule keeps me from staying on top of pony news and episodes (I still haven't seen the new episode yet), and my longer reviews don't fit in with the community here. So I'm ready to pass on the reins of this club to someone else.

If anyone's interested in taking over the club, just send me a PM.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 04:19 PM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

CIRNY! WELCOME TO THE CLUB, SWEETHEART~

It's really hard to decide at first. xD I used to balance between Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, and Fluttershy. It's like....ahhh so hard! Right now I have a keen interest in Pinkie Pie because this season she's been soo funny, especially this episode that was just aired. Are you caught up with the episodes right now?

Also, yeah, many people in the fandom do make the show really uncomfortable to watch and all, but we NEVER have that here. In this club we keep it as friendly as possible.

& I'm sorry, Asty! At least you'll be able to stick around the club, right? I do read your reviews though! Don't feel bad :3

Old February 3rd, 2014, 08:17 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Nature: Timid
Thank you! <3

And aww Asty. :( But that's understandable, I'm sure there would be plenty of people to take it off your hands! Though personally I would be happy to read longer reviews, hehe.

My boyfriend just sent me this and I just had to share. Thoughts? I'm personally distraught how a child so young could be pushed so over the edge for liking a show like this.

http://www.chicagonow.com/portrait-o...-you-can-help/

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:50 PM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Oh my goodness...

That's just...out of line. An 11 year old boy bullied over MLP? That just brings me tears to my eyes reading the article, especially now that he's *still* fighting for his life. I hope he recovers very soon. I'm so glad that the brony fandom are supporting him and his family 100%. That is just wonderful.

Unfortunately we can't stop these ignorant people from bullying others, and criticising us because of a show we watch. We must learn to keep our heads up and move on. Be brave.

In club related news, Asty turned over the club back to me! I was the original owner of the club, but because of irl in the way I transferred ownership to him. Asty, hope you stick around at least, and I will do my best! :D

Now the first thing on my agenda is probably a new CSS makeover in the new opening post & update the memberlist for new members. That design is so 2012 xD

Old February 4th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I read that news story the other night, and my heart just broke. At least the community of MLP fans is amazing and coming together for the young members.

-- --

In complete difference of feelings, I am flailing right now. Scootaloo has been seen on the Build-a-Bear website. I have been waiting for Scoots to be revealed ever since Build-a-Bear had a survey asking what pony characters people wanted to see. Scoots was a definite answer, and I absolutely love the fact that she'll be released. Hopefully soon.

I wonder if she'll be like the Spike plushie that was released through Build-a-Bear. Spike's just a perfect size for me to have where he's big enough to cuddle with and not get lost on my bed while small enough to fit in my backpack no matter how many books I have in there. Plus, he was a perfect price ($10) and so easy to get. Just walk in the store, grab a Spike, and pay for him.

Scoots. Scootaloo will be joining my tiny pony army mostly made up of Rainbow Dash clones.

Rarity and Sweetie Belle will be joining Scoots. No sign of the Apple family. Equestria Daily news post for the release.
Old February 4th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

excuse me while i just scream all over this news break because omg my wish has come true! <3333

I think I'm totally getting both Rarity and Scootaloo...NO ACTUALLY, all three. I'm sooo glad Rarity is finally going to be part of the collection. I've been waiting for that to happen in like...ever!

I should've picked up a Spike plushie when I visited the Build a Bear that's 3 hours away from here. I thought they were at the same price as the ponies.

Release date, please! I'm ready to max out my credit card.

Old February 4th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I'm hoping that Build-a-Bear sends me an email about these new ponies when they're about to be released! Or some notification.

When Spike was announced, I knew I was going to get him no matter what. But it was really surprising that he was so cheap compared to the ponies. I know back when the survey about more pony characters was announced by Build-a-Bear, a lot of people were guessing that the CMC would be like the Smallfries that BaB sells (smaller 6"-ish plushies). Spike isn't that small, and I'll assume that the CMC will be like Spike. Not as small as the Smallfries, but not as big as the adult ponies.

Anyhow, in preparation to write up a review about Three's A Crowd and Pinkie Pride, I saw something from the season 4 opening mentioned on a pony Tumblr that I follow. Took a better picture of it.

Spoiler:

Look at Discord being all cute in Fluttershy's window! Maybe someone else saw this before, but I felt like sharing it again after Three's A Crowd when the Discord love was renewed.
Old February 5th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Demon Days
Element of Magic

Nature: Quiet
Username: Demon Days
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Twilight
Additional Information: I generally visit /mlp/, so don't be worried if you don't understand my general lingo that much. Chose Twilight because she's been a good favorite of mine apart from Discord also if you guys know what /mlp/ is/visit it you might have a good idea of why else . Became a fan of the show around late 2011, early 2012 I think? A bit blurry, but I think that''s when I first watched an episode.

Spoiler:

I loved Pinkie Pride. Weird Al was in his usual form, being a spectacular singer as always and it's the first time since Season 2 that she hasn't been the lul so randumb :^) character. Made me like her as a character a lot more. Dash kind of spoiled it with her general attitude though, but that's probably me being biased considering I hate her character. It's a shame Pinkie will probably go back to her usual behaviour in the coming episodes. Hopefully the CMC/Twilight episode is good, because we haven't gotten a good Twi episode in a while (Three's a Crowd was more a Discord episode if anything, which I certainly enjoed). Overall, Season 4 is an amazing season so far, just behind S2 in terms of quality. Just wish that we got episodes focused around the daily life of the Princesses, Shining Armor and Discord, though.

Old February 5th, 2014, 05:06 AM
Houndour2005

On saturday it's Rarity VS Pinkie Pie.

Quote:
During Meghan McCarthy's Twitter Takeover event, she stated that the episode "might feature [her] favorite Rarity performance 4ever
Old February 5th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
My boyfriend just sent me this and I just had to share. Thoughts? I'm personally distraught how a child so young could be pushed so over the edge for liking a show like this.

http://www.chicagonow.com/portrait-o...-you-can-help/
This is truly despicable, and I fear that the anti-brony community would praise this article for doing something they couldn't in real life. It's far worse than the anon graffiti on the MLP wall paint from earlier back.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links