Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page Friendship is Magic ~ The My Little Pony Fan Club [Megan is live @ Fiesta Equestria 2015!]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 5th, 2014 (10:42 AM). Edited February 5th, 2014 by Meganium.
the perfect storm
ModeratorCSEO

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Astinus:
I'm hoping that Build-a-Bear sends me an email about these new ponies when they're about to be released! Or some notification.

When Spike was announced, I knew I was going to get him no matter what. But it was really surprising that he was so cheap compared to the ponies. I know back when the survey about more pony characters was announced by Build-a-Bear, a lot of people were guessing that the CMC would be like the Smallfries that BaB sells (smaller 6"-ish plushies). Spike isn't that small, and I'll assume that the CMC will be like Spike. Not as small as the Smallfries, but not as big as the adult ponies.

Anyhow, in preparation to write up a review about Three's A Crowd and Pinkie Pride, I saw something from the season 4 opening mentioned on a pony Tumblr that I follow. Took a better picture of it.

Spoiler:

Look at Discord being all cute in Fluttershy's window! Maybe someone else saw this before, but I felt like sharing it again after Three's A Crowd when the Discord love was renewed.
Should probably subscribe to them. :D I would looove to be the first to know ^__^

Spoiler:
omg i never noticed that until you mentioned it! This has got to be an added edit to the season 4 intro theme because I know for sure no one was there in season 3. That's something new to know for those that didn't realize that!

Quote originally posted by Demon Days:
Username: Demon Days
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Twilight
Additional Information: I generally visit /mlp/, so don't be worried if you don't understand my general lingo that much. Chose Twilight because she's been a good favorite of mine apart from Discord also if you guys know what /mlp/ is/visit it you might have a good idea of why else ;). Became a fan of the show around late 2011, early 2012 I think? A bit blurry, but I think that''s when I first watched an episode.

Spoiler:

I loved Pinkie Pride. Weird Al was in his usual form, being a spectacular singer as always and it's the first time since Season 2 that she hasn't been the lul so randumb :^) character. Made me like her as a character a lot more. Dash kind of spoiled it with her general attitude though, but that's probably me being biased considering I hate her character. It's a shame Pinkie will probably go back to her usual behaviour in the coming episodes. Hopefully the CMC/Twilight episode is good, because we haven't gotten a good Twi episode in a while (Three's a Crowd was more a Discord episode if anything, which I certainly enjoed). Overall, Season 4 is an amazing season so far, just behind S2 in terms of quality. Just wish that we got episodes focused around the daily life of the Princesses, Shining Armor and Discord, though.
Welcome to the club, Demon Days! Twilight is one of my favorite as well. I love how she's so serious about her organization, like myself. I'm afraid I know where you're talking about in terms of /mlp/. is that reddit? Did you begin watching the whole series from the first episode on? or did you start at a certain episode?

Spoiler:
We're hoping for a good Twilight special in regards to her royal status sometime later in the season...probs a season finale special? We had a good season premiere about her royalty, but they haven't expanded much about it (where she's ruling, how she's dealing with her title, etc), we also have yet to find out more about this "tree of harmony".

EDIT: (because double posting is not what I want to do lol), I JUST finished the new OP for the club :D With a cursor and everything! I *should* have everyone on the members list with their respected pony group and I also edited the members names with their new names and ranks. Let me know if I missed anyone, alright!
Old February 6th, 2014 (02:23 AM).
Element of Magic

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Axeliira:
Welcome to the club, Demon Days! Twilight is one of my favorite as well. I love how she's so serious about her organization, like myself. I'm afraid I know where you're talking about in terms of /mlp/. is that reddit? Did you begin watching the whole series from the first episode on? or did you start at a certain episode?

Spoiler:
We're hoping for a good Twilight special in regards to her royal status sometime later in the season...probs a season finale special? We had a good season premiere about her royalty, but they haven't expanded much about it (where she's ruling, how she's dealing with her title, etc), we also have yet to find out more about this "tree of harmony".
Started from the first episode. Always been one to watch/read things in chronological order, just doesn't feel right. I share almost all of Twilight's habits, minus extensive studying and certain organization skills my room is a bloody mess argh

Spoiler:
I'm hoping the season finale is involving her royal status, something related to her getting her own kingdom? If it ends up being to do with the Rainbow Power line, hopefully it ends up being better than Equestria Girls. That was a damn mess that made me want to shrivel up into a ball, although given how Season 4's been so far it should be at least somewhat decent

Also, the OP looks quite wonderful. You did a good job with it.

Old February 7th, 2014 (06:49 AM).
the perfect storm
ModeratorCSEO

^ exactly! That's how I wanted to watch the show (as well as others). I'll feel out of order when I skip an episode or watch an episode that has a connection with another. (i.e: Games Ponies Play in correlation with the Spike episode where he takes care of all the pets).

(lol, I share her organizations too...but I've had a crazy week and haven't had the chance to organize my room, how ironic. xD)
Old February 8th, 2014 (08:28 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
When was the last time we had a Rarity & Applejack episode? Season 1?

Spoiler:
The only con I have for today's episode is the lack of Spike's jealousy, due to his crush on Rarity. It was a missed opportunity to start a love square (Spikes loves Rarity, but Rarity loves Trendhoofs, but Trendhoofs loves Applejack). The role reversals between Rarity and Applejack were the highest point of this episode for sheer comedy.

I just know Axeliira, as well as another friend of mine, is going to hate Trend for calling Derpy "unappreciated." XD
Old February 8th, 2014 (08:49 AM).

I hope for more Rarity and Applejack S4 episodes.
Old February 8th, 2014 (08:54 AM).
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Treble Harble Send a message via Skype™ to Treble Harble
Simple Ways:

Spoiler:
Holy that was funny. FUNNNNNY. I will be saying SIYMPLE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS alllllllll day now. PS: Tenderhoof's a bum. I don't like him, but if this were supposed to be a Valentine's Day special, good job, Josh Haber! Keep up the good and funny stuff!

I am fictional, and therefore do not even exist. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old February 8th, 2014 (02:40 PM).
/)^3^(\
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
The next episode is supposed to be Fluttershy's first episode of the season. I know that Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle haven't had an episode of their own in Season 4 since Flight To The Finish was centered around Scootaloo. The Breezies episode is probably going to be an Applejack episode where the Breezies show up on Sweet Apple Acres and is based on Applejack's honesty.
Old February 8th, 2014 (07:44 PM).
Element of Magic

It's not against the rules to talk about fanfictions in here, is it? Because I just read this and it hurts. It really, really does. ;_;

Old February 9th, 2014 (01:42 PM).
Live! From Inkopolis!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
It's not against the rules to talk about fanfictions in here, is it? Because I just read this and it hurts. It really, really does. ;_;
I've seen that somewhere before, it truly is sad and well of course dark.

Old February 10th, 2014 (03:40 AM).

Hello there... wow I just came in here to join and ended up reading that entire fanfic thing... made me tear up and feel kind of... sad about things. ._. Really made me think too.

Anyway... I'm finally caught up with season 4, and I've seen all three seasons before that and I'd like to join

Username: Shhmew
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Fluttershy <3
Additional Information: Fluttershy has always been my absolute favorite. Out of all the elements, kindness and honesty mean the most to me, and I just adore Fluttershy's character the most. I've always related to her shyness and over-kind tendencies and the way she gets scared of every little thing (though I must say... her character has come a long way since the first episode. So proud of her)

I really liked the newest episode, Simple Ways.
Spoiler:
Rarity, as always, is so entertaining with how dramatic she gets... ahaha. Though she's not my favorite, I usually love episodes centered around her, as she's one of the most amusing characters to watch for me. And this was no exception...

It also kind of reminded me of the episode waaay back in season 1, Look Before You Sleep. Rarity and Applejack are polar opposites and it's great. xD

Oh and I also loved the episode Rainbow Falls. I'm going to watch it with my boyfriend tomorrow. (hahaha, he doesn't like MLP but he agreed to watch it with me... I'm excited.)
Spoiler:
I really saw the character development in Fluttershy here. I love how she jumps right into trying out for this and tries her best, she even appears rather brave. Of course she's still the same old Fluttershy, just stronger. I also loooved how Bulk Biceps came back xD (with a name no less!) He made me laugh so much, he's adorable. I hope to see him recur more. And it's cute he and Fluttershy even seemed to become friends.

As for Dash, she's just being the same old Dash, rolled my eyes that she agreed to joining Cloudsdale in the first place. She had to fake injury at first because she couldn't choose between winning and her friends? haha, well at least her heart eventually fell in the right place. Proud of you Dashie...

And, in regards to Three's a Crowd...
Spoiler:
Yay! Discord! Even though he's absolutely ridiculous I always have sympathy for him, he always seems to lonely. and he's highly hilarious to watch. Even if he gets on the ponys' last nerves I love him. xD And it was good to see Cadance again, I suppose.

AND FINALLY PINKIE PRIDE... (I know these are out of order lol)
Spoiler:
HOORAY WEIRD AL YANKOVIC.
Old February 10th, 2014 (07:15 AM).
the perfect storm
ModeratorCSEO

Welcome, Shhmew!~ Yay more pony fans. :D Fluttershy is one awesome pony. She may be quiet and reserved but you mess with her and she'll kick some butt! That's one quality I love about her the most. :3 & yes, you may join, of course. :)

I haven't watched the new episode yet...it's DVR'd and I'll watch it during my lunch break later today.

Also, only push him to watch one episode. If he's intrigued, invite him to watch the whole series from Episode 1 on. Let his curiosity grow. :P

As long as the fanfic doesn't have any elements that can break rules and such, I'm ok with it. Also, fanfic discussion is allowed here in this group. Anything that revolves around MLP is allowed in this group, jsyk!
Old February 10th, 2014 (02:00 PM).

Quote originally posted by Axeliira:
Welcome, Shhmew!~ Yay more pony fans. :D Fluttershy is one awesome pony. She may be quiet and reserved but you mess with her and she'll kick some butt! That's one quality I love about her the most. :3 & yes, you may join, of course.

I haven't watched the new episode yet...it's DVR'd and I'll watch it during my lunch break later today.

Also, only push him to watch one episode. If he's intrigued, invite him to watch the whole series from Episode 1 on. Let his curiosity grow.
Thank you much ^-^

Yeah, the only MLP related thing he's seen so far was the Bronies documentary. Did any of you see that? What did you think? (I think it's on Netflix right now! :D)
Old February 10th, 2014 (10:06 PM).
the perfect storm
ModeratorCSEO

omg dat documentary. I have yet to see that one tbh! My bff did see it for like... a bazillion times already. & it is on Netflix right now! Welp, here I go procrastinating once again. I know what I'll be watching. :P

Anyone else watched the documentary?
Old February 11th, 2014 (02:08 PM).
Live! From Inkopolis!
Crystal Tier

Oh hi and welcome to the club friend.

Old February 12th, 2014 (10:38 AM).
the perfect storm
ModeratorCSEO

So I just watched the recent MLP episode and I just...laughed from beginning to end. I just...WOW.

Spoiler:
SO BASICALLY, the whole episode of Rarity & Applejack was about trying to snatch Trenchoof's heart, and Rarity thought he liked Applejack because she's a country girl. Then the whole episode emerged to a theme of fake country versus real country, and that was a lesson for me because...I'm kind of a "weeabo" when it comes to country lifestyle and all, so NOW I KNOW the difference between them. :P

I figured Trenchoof was better off with Applejack, than Rarity. I kinda ship them both now. lol

Also...what the heck Pinkie? xD

Spoiler:
Old February 13th, 2014 (12:11 AM).

Ahaha, I really enjoyed that episode a lot. Was very amusing.

Also, after watching an episode with my boyfriend... he actually agreed to watch more, and actually seemed interested. (He'd never admit he's a brony though)

And I can't tell if he likes Pinkie Pie or not. Sometimes he'll laugh at what she does, other times he'll be like "oh my god shut up."

xD
Old February 13th, 2014 (09:52 AM).

Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks are a ago.

To be released in the autumn.

http://family-room.ew.com/2014/02/13/my-little-pony-equestria-girls-rainbow-rocks/

S04, E16
Air Date: March 1, 2014
Synopsis: Fluttershy tries to help magical creatures, but soon finds herself tending to their every need.

Teaser for the episode on saturday.

Old February 13th, 2014 (10:43 AM).
the perfect storm
ModeratorCSEO

Goodness gracious! A sequel!! I was hoping for one to come soon...but not in the form of Bratz though, because that just seems like it :( However, that means new songs and new music from the movie, and to add to our playlist...so hopefully it's as good as the original one. ~

I think Fluttershy will be just fine on Saturday's episode.

Quote originally posted by Shhmew:
Ahaha, I really enjoyed that episode a lot. Was very amusing.

Also, after watching an episode with my boyfriend... he actually agreed to watch more, and actually seemed interested. (He'd never admit he's a brony though)

And I can't tell if he likes Pinkie Pie or not. Sometimes he'll laugh at what she does, other times he'll be like "oh my god shut up."

xD
That's pretty much the first sign of his conversion to brony. haha. He's in a stage of denial, which later comes to anger and eventually...acceptance. "Yes, I am a brony. Don't hate & stuff." Seems like you're converting him at the right speed. xD
Old February 13th, 2014 (12:55 PM).
Element of Magic

Well, here we go again. A sequel for the worst thing we've ever seen from G4. I think it's time to play a birthday game in celebration for EqG2.
Spoiler:

Old February 13th, 2014 (08:59 PM).

Equestria Girls is getting a sequel?

I actually didn't mind the movie, when I first saw it I was like "They turn into people?! Seriously??" but after giving it a chance I even rather liked it. Though... I figured they'd become ponies again and that would be that. Is going to the human world going to become a normal occurrence? .-. Didn't Celestia say something about the portal only opening once every whatever years? huh.
Old February 13th, 2014 (11:13 PM).
the perfect storm
ModeratorCSEO

The main dilemma about the Equestria Girls movies is that the majority of the brony fandom disliked it because they automatically assumed that after the movie they would stick to human form and never return to pony form. It was proven that they did go back, but still, most bronies didn't want to believe that. It's sad to hear, because in my personal opinion I really liked Equestria Girls and I thought it was well written and well put-together. The good thing about it is that it's a "side" show, meaning it might not have a lot of correlation towards the main show. Just remember that marketing purposes (aka toys, merchandise for girls) is the main reason why they exist.

I'm a little hesitant that they will be putting a band together, just like how other doll series have done, but again...it's marketing. Hasbro wants more dinero.
Old February 14th, 2014 (02:17 PM).

Happy Hearts and Hooves day everypony!

The biggest issue I personally heard from others when Equestria Girls was first released was that they are becoming exactly like other shows for young girls, giving body images to characters small children (particularly females) adored. Just like other shows for young girls such Bratz, they're portraying every character as ridiculously thin and beautiful. Apparently, one of the reasons parents love My Little Pony so much is because the characters are ponies, and the only way children can relate to them is through personality and hobbies and stuff like that. But when they were turned into humans, they all had the same unrealistic, tall, stick-thin body types that can potentially damage a young girl's self esteem.

I don't really know about the truth in that, but that's what I heard. .-.
Old February 14th, 2014 (02:31 PM).
the perfect storm
ModeratorCSEO

Hearts & Hooves Day cards for everyone!~

Spoiler:

As a tradition, later on I'm gonna watch the Hearts & Hooves Day episode. :D

& I agree! That's also the main reason why a lot of fans are turning away.
Old February 14th, 2014 (03:48 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Well, here we go again. A sequel for the worst thing we've ever seen from G4. I think it's time to play a birthday game in celebration for EqG2.
Spoiler:
It's saddening that these bronies still have no idea that they will never be together with Twilight Sparkle, because she is fictional and a horse.

I'm wondering how Sunset Shimmers will be implanted in the sequel.
Old February 14th, 2014 (05:46 PM).
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Treble Harble Send a message via Skype™ to Treble Harble
I heard about the sequel! Pretty interesting--seems to be connected to Rainbow Power.

Also Filli Vanilli is looking great. I'm prepared to shed sixty million tears tomorrow. And I wonder if Sunset Shimmer is "reformed" this time. I doubt it, though.
I am fictional, and therefore do not even exist. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links