The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 14th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Speaking of Rainbow Power (probs not gonna spoil it since it's out already!)

Target has a TON of Rainbow Power merchandise out right now. Most of the Crystal Power/Princess Twilight/Equestria Girls movie merch are now on clearance and most of it is going out...fast. The new pony figures has glittery hair and their cutie marks are shiny. They also have brand new Equestria Girls dolls that are related to the new sequel coming soon.

Everfree News has a list of all toys coming soon or now available in stores, the majority of them I recognized at Target.

Speaking of news (lol), gonna add a news section in the OP.
Old February 14th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Demon Days
Element of Magic

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
It's saddening that these bronies still have no idea that they will never be together with Twilight Sparkle, because she is fictional and a horse.

I'm wondering how Sunset Shimmers will be implanted in the sequel.
Best not to start on that m8. Opens up a whole can of worms if people decide to argue about it.

Hopefully they write her in as a horrible person that tries to act nice.

Old February 15th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
Disney Princess Fluttershy episode:

Spoiler:
I was expecting this episode to be some type of American Idol episode after watching the first few minutes of it with Fluttershy singing, but I was wrong. Pinkie Pie's still at her very best, and holy cow, Big Mac's singing. The biggest moment of this episode was the return of Flutterguy from first season, which has me wonder what other call backs from previous episodes will they bring up next. The ending was handled well in a non-clichéd manner as Fluttershy still refuses to sing in front of other people, but she's taking baby steps to conquer her fear.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old February 15th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Minerva

what the hay lmao.

Spoiler:
i cannot with flutterguy returning. that was like..the biggest plot twist ever. and yeah, like Pinkie mentioned I was hoping for some American Idol-like episode but then I never really saw Flutterguy making a return for the 2nd time. It was weird yet hilarious at the same time.

Big Mac got more screen time in this episode, which is GREAT. Always wanted to see him in an episode sooner or later. :)

is it just me or is season 4 getting even more crazier and crazier by the episode? or is it just Pinkie? lmao
Old February 16th, 2014, 02:01 AM
Houndour2005

Another great S4 episode.
Old February 16th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Minerva

Next episode will be "Twilight Time". And I just read the description that it's not ANOTHER Twilight episode that's about her "obsession with time" or anything like that. It's actually a Cutie Mark Crusaders episode. About time we see an episode featuring Twilight's interaction with the CMCs.
Old February 17th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Houndour2005

Spoiler:
Spoilers: The items we’ve seen throughout Season 4: Pinkie’s Rubber Chicken, Rainbow’s Wonderbolt Pin, and Rarity’s Yarn; will transform when the Breezies use their mysterious magical powers. This will then unlock the mysterious box from the premiere episode of Season 4 and reveal…. the Rainbow Kingdom along with Rainbow Power.

Last edited by Astinus; February 17th, 2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old February 17th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Filli Vanilli! An episode that I can write up a review for without having to do research! Let's get to it.

Spoiler:
Filli Vanilli is a Fluttershy episode that retreads old ground for Fluttershy but gives us a different moral for her. I like the moral here. As a writer with "stage fright," I can understand how fear over sharing a talent that we love can be downright terrifying. It makes us unable to share what we love with friends.

I have to say that one of my favorite parts about this episode is the relationship between Rarity and Fluttershy. Rarity is a pony who loves the spotlight. (Look at her entrance in the Equestria Girls 2 trailer. She loves the attention.) Getting into the fashion business, including modeling her own clothing line, shows that Rarity either never had stage fright or is able to cope with it. And yet she still understands Fluttershy's reluctance to join the band. I love how Rarity asks Fluttershy before every show if she's comfortable continuing to sing. This just continues to show that the writers know and care about the continuity of their characters.

Except for Pinkie Pie, who continues to just boggle me with how she's been handled this season.

Pinkie Pie, the one who knew that Fluttershy wouldn't be able to handle being the target of a prank way back in season 1, makes Fluttershy cry not only once but twice. After being glared at by the rest of the Mane 6, Pinkie doesn't even seem that remorseful about making Fluttershy cry. While the wall crawl is hilarious and terrifying, this change in Pinkie's character is shocking. Especially on the heels of Pinkie Pride, which was written by the same writer. Especially how in that episode Pinkie stopped the goof-off because Rainbow Dash wasn't happy. It's just weird that Pinkie would be that completely out-of-character and pushes her most sensitive friend to tears twice. While I can understand that Pinkie is the best pony to use for comic relief, having her make a friend cry is uncomfortable.

Speaking of callbacks to season 1, I was completely surprised by the return of the poison joke. When I realized just what was happening when Rarity, Big Mac, and Fluttershy went to visit Zecora, I said "They're not" out loud. And they did. Flutterguy made a return and was even named in the show. Incredible.

Big Mac can sing! I love the Pony Tones and want to see them return. Acapella groups are one of my favorite things to listen to, and to see it in pony form is great. Even though they only sang one song, give them a music deal.

This episode might have made me like Pinkie Pie a little less, but it also made me love Applejack even more. The scene where she summarizes the entire episode with her brother is hilarious and I love it. That minute of the show is perfection.

There was something else that bothered me about this episode, and that's that Fluttershy has an issue singing in front of Ponyville but she's perfectly fine flying in the Equestria Games. She might be a little more fearful because she's singing and that's something she loves, but on the other hand, singing in front of Ponyville would help her animal friends. She would do anything for her animal friends (especially if Angel Bunny asks, as Rarity showed). But she was hesitant here and yet had no problems flying (the basis of her anxiety and what sent her out of Cloudsdale) in a high-stakes competition such as the Equestria Games.

Baby steps?

Either way, this was a Fluttershy episode that I really enjoyed and had a moral I can take to heart.

Poor Pinkie though. Let's hope there's another episode in season 4 that makes me at least like her again.
Old February 17th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Shhmew

Nature: Gentle
Filli Vanilli is probably my favorite of the fourth season

Spoiler:
I too love to sing and have stage fright and it was empowering to see Fluttershy take her "baby steps" in conquering it.

I honestly totally saw the return of "Flutterguy" coming as soon as it was revealed that Big Mac lost his voice. I was like "But Fluttershy's voice isn't lo-- OHHHHHH" hahahaha. Sooo great!
Old February 17th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Minerva

Spoiler:
The friendship between Rarity and Fluttershy is the main reason why I loved that episode so much. I love how Fluttershy is so careful and wanted to be sure if she's alright with her singing, and Rarity was being patient. That's really amazing.

I don't know why Pinkie Pie is going crazier and crazier this season. It's like they're dumbing her character down in each episode. I have no idea what's gonna happen this next episode...that is, if they give her a cameo spot during Twilight's turn. lol

Old February 17th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Shhmew

Nature: Gentle
Spoiler:
Pinkie is getting crazier hehe, but in Pinkie Pride I really saw a lot of her real self come out. She was genuinely hurt by being essentially replaced by another pony. She felt useless. That was sad to watch, considering she's usually so oblivious and just flat out crazy. But it also showed depth to her character, which is a good thing.
Old February 19th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Minerva

Anyone an MLP Collectible Card Game player? Collector? I just bought a booster pack of cards from Wal-Mart last night and I am well underway to getting a starter pack eventually, so that way I can advance my collection. I don't wanna become a player, though...strategy card games aren't much of a thing for me.

It's not these, actually. It's these kinds of cards.

I've yet to have a foil card. I do have a Pinkie Pie on an ice rink, that's the only good card so far haha.
Old February 19th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Murkmire
Vile, Venomous Villain

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Murkmire
Hello, hello, fellow fans. Pleasured to be here. Obviously, I'm new to this particular group, and wouldn't you know it, it's my first group to join here. Ironic. Anyway, here's my sign-up.

Username: Murkmire
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Twilight Sparkle

Additional Information: First off, I'll go into why I prefer Twilight Sparkle. To be honest, it was difficult to choose between her, Pinkie Pie and Rarity. But, Twilight is a character I can kinda sorta connect with moreso than the others. Her character is not only what I like about watching, but the way that she progresses throughout the series. I'm a serious thinker, and she pretty much brings that home. Lastly, the first episode (and was literally the first episode I viewed) reminded me a lot of myself, not really into friendship and more into knowledge.

And secondly, how I got drawn into such a fandom when my personality screams the opposite. I'm quite the loner, and quite a bit of a gothic individual. I love listening to horror stories (aka Creepypasta), and most of the Pokemon I like are usually considered mean and nasty. So, why would someone like me ever get into MLP: FiM? Well, it's really hard to say, but it's similar to how I feel about the Kirby series. It holds a pureness that could never be tarnished, yet isn't too insanely sunshine and rainbows for it to be embarrassing. I don't know, it's just one of those things that I have a soft spot for. Something that this series has CLEARLY won over. ;P I hope this wasn't too much.

P.S: Don't be offended if I don't reply right away, I still don't understand the subscription threads here, so I haven't really been getting notices about updates. Again, sorry. ;P
Old February 19th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Houndour2005

S04, E21: Leap of Faith
Air Date: March 30th
Synopsis: Applejack is doubtful of the Flim Flam Brothers' cure-all tonic; Granny Smith tries it and it seems to work.

For Whom the Sweetie Bells Toils
Air Date: March 30, 2014
S04, E20
Description: Sweetie Belle ruins a costume for one of Rarity's clients on purpose; Luna visits her in her dreams.
Old February 20th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkmire View Post
Hello, hello, fellow fans. Pleasured to be here. Obviously, I'm new to this particular group, and wouldn't you know it, it's my first group to join here. Ironic. Anyway, here's my sign-up.

Username: Murkmire
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Twilight Sparkle

Additional Information: First off, I'll go into why I prefer Twilight Sparkle. To be honest, it was difficult to choose between her, Pinkie Pie and Rarity. But, Twilight is a character I can kinda sorta connect with moreso than the others. Her character is not only what I like about watching, but the way that she progresses throughout the series. I'm a serious thinker, and she pretty much brings that home. Lastly, the first episode (and was literally the first episode I viewed) reminded me a lot of myself, not really into friendship and more into knowledge.

And secondly, how I got drawn into such a fandom when my personality screams the opposite. I'm quite the loner, and quite a bit of a gothic individual. I love listening to horror stories (aka Creepypasta), and most of the Pokemon I like are usually considered mean and nasty. So, why would someone like me ever get into MLP: FiM? Well, it's really hard to say, but it's similar to how I feel about the Kirby series. It holds a pureness that could never be tarnished, yet isn't too insanely sunshine and rainbows for it to be embarrassing. I don't know, it's just one of those things that I have a soft spot for. Something that this series has CLEARLY won over. ;P I hope this wasn't too much.

P.S: Don't be offended if I don't reply right away, I still don't understand the subscription threads here, so I haven't really been getting notices about updates. Again, sorry. ;P
I think a lot of the new bronies that enter the fandom can relate to Twilght so much...or at least that's what I noticed when I recruit some. They relate to her because she was always the loner one and she didn't like to make friends. As they progress in the first season, they now realize that making friends is the best thing out there. And yeah, I'm like you as well. I don't like cutesy things, but MLP pretty much changed that opinion for me completely.

Welcome, though! Great to see new members join the group. Don't worry about posts though. Keep in mind that this club is active every day, so check back when you can. :)
Old February 20th, 2014, 06:27 PM
SupernovaTyphlosion
Typhlosion goes BOOM

Nature: Bashful
Name: SupernovaTyphlosion
Favourite of the mane 6: Fluttershy
additional info: My brony friends from college pestered me into watching it...and i'm glad they did! Brohoof anyone? (\
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Minerva

Welcome to the herd, SupernovaTyphlosion!~

Fluttershy! She's actually one of my favorites. <3 I can relate to her shyness and her love for animals. She's really kind and sweet. Glad to see your college mates got you to watch them, how long did it took you to "surrender"?

& guys, I bring you all more info regarding the new Equestria Girls sequel. In the spoiler I bring you the extended version of the commercial announcing the movie. Let's just assume this movie will debut on TV instead of movie theatres.

Spoiler:
Old February 21st, 2014, 01:24 AM
SupernovaTyphlosion
Typhlosion goes BOOM

Thank you very much (:
Ikr? I'm quite a shy person myself (usually) and I can relate to her shy character :3 Also she is so freaking adorable e_e

It took a few weeks actually. After a few weeks they told me to watch just 1 episode, so I did....then it became 2 episodes, then 3 and by the time I realised I loved it, I was half way through season 1 xD haven't been able to watch it since as the youtube channel I was watching it off no longer exists But yeah, i'm glad they told me to watch it :3
Old February 21st, 2014, 06:36 AM
Minerva

Ahh, when I started to like ponies, I started with one episode one night, then it grew to 2, 3, 4, 5 only to realize it's 3 am and I had to go to sleep. D: I was...instantly hooked! xD
Old February 21st, 2014, 09:53 AM
SupernovaTyphlosion
Typhlosion goes BOOM

Woo! XD

hey do you know any site or youtube channel I can watch mlp on? I don't have access to a computer and my dad won't get the episodes for me So I gotta use my tablet for everything.
Old February 21st, 2014, 02:54 PM
Minerva

I do know some Youtubers that stream MLP episodes an hour after they air, but I can't link them here, unfortunately. You're gonna have to go find them yourself. Just search "My Little Pony Season X episodes" and you should get some in the first page, even in HD.

Anypony ready for Twilight Time tomorrow? :D
Old February 21st, 2014, 03:21 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Bleeding sure is lovely.

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Not really, no. Have no interest at all in Twilight Time tbh because the description sounds jagged and boring. ^^; And overdone.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:32 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
What time is it?

Spoiler:
Twilight Time! Oh wait, it's a CMC episode. Dang nabbit, I thought it was going to be a Twilight-centric episode. I doubt what she's teaching to the CMC will help them earn their cutie marks, since their talents been foreshadowed at the first season, and seem more like hobbies for them. Diamond Tiara and Twisted Spoon are still annoyingly cruel, as usual, and the fact that they didn't give a buck about Twilight up until she became a princess made me like them even less. Just goes to show how spoiled they are, especially how they locked everyone out of their "pool party" with just them and the CMC. Oh, and Pipsqueak's back, that's cool. I feel bad for Spike; all of those nachos wasted once everyone left the library.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:11 PM
xXxSakuraxXx

Nature: Calm
Hi, is it ok if I join? :3
Username: xXxSakuraxXx
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Fluttershy
Additional Information: I just love Fluttershy because of her sweet personality and her love for animals :D I also love her element and the time where she stood up to the Dragon almost made me cry I first got into MLP when I discovered a huge fandom for it on Marriland
Old February 23rd, 2014, 01:42 AM
Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxSakuraxXx View Post
Hi, is it ok if I join? :3
Username: xXxSakuraxXx
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Fluttershy
Additional Information: I just love Fluttershy because of her sweet personality and her love for animals :D I also love her element and the time where she stood up to the Dragon almost made me cry ;-; I first got into MLP when I discovered a huge fandom for it on Marriland :P
Always! :) Welcome, fellow pony fan. :D

Ah never forget the time she did this face. That was like...the most defining moment.

I think every forum has at least an MLP fandom, and here at PC, it's this very own group! It's where all bronies and pegasisters get together and talk ponies all the time. It's a safe haven for all of us, so for you, you are always welcome and you can always join. :)

I just watched Twilight Time tonight. It's almost 2 am, so I'll post my thoughts sometime tomorrow :D All I can say in regards to this episode is that it's a valuable lesson I will always learn from, because I've been through what the CMC's went through when I was in high school.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links