The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
What is your favorite episode of MLP so far?

Hmm.. For me to choose with more certainty, I would have to re-watch all of the episodes one by one and judge from there, but I don't have the time..so I'll just have to go by memory lol.

My favourite episode would have to be The Wonderbolts Academy as for now. I remember saying to my brother at the end how much I loved it xD

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:59 PM
quilzel
net start w3svc

Nature: Quirky
So, who here likes conventions? Been to any of them? Planning on going to one in the future? (Brony Ones)

Me? Well I went to two last year, planning on going to two, possibly three this year. Last year I went to Summer BronyCon 2012. You here the stories about how one event changed someone’s life? That weekend last summer was mine. Never before had I felt such happiness, such compassion such... joy. Even during the fire, everything was just so fun. (I got to speak with Lauren Faust on the street during the evacuation)

Ever been in a large group of people when they suddenly started singing Smile Smile Smile? Best times of my life. Sure New York City was cool, but nothing can compare.

I went to a smaller Convention here in Kansas City last fall. It was Called Silly Filly Con (I never liked the name). But the staff decided to change the name. I don’t like the new name either. (Now known as Midwest Brony Fest –KC). I was dragged in to staff because I was the only one who knew how to get a website up and running (my friends started it). Don’t get me wrong, just because it was a smaller Convention, didn't make it any less fun. I still had a blast and made a bunch of friends from it. I hope to have a repeat this year when we have it again.

If you have never been to a convention, I strongly encourage you to go. You don’t have to go very far to find one. Don’t worry about meeting new people. Once you get here, talk to new people. Bronies we are a diverse group. Of the 5 friends I meet at Silly Filly Con, the only thing we have vaguely in common is ponies, but we still talk about life, music and what not. ( I can’t even count how many people I meet at Brony Con)

Wow, this post really got out of hand.

Okay I have one thing I want to say: Honesty, Kindness, Generosity, Laughter, and Loyalty. When you have these elements together, a Sixth Element will reveal itself: Friendship.

Large Image:
Spoiler:

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic debuted on October 10, 2010 (10/10/10)
101010 = 42 in binary

Surprise (2nd) New Topic:
How has 42 changed your life?

Last edited by quilzel; January 10th, 2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:20 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
Beautiful. Just beautiful. Nice way to point it out. Truthfully, I plan on going to BronyCon one of these years. (Most likely after I get a job, driver's license, and such...) One of my dreams is to be one of the artists to perform there, among Living Tombstone, Mic the Mic, Omnipony, others... Well, I'd also be there as an artist. As in COME LOOK AT MY DEVIANTART kinda artist.

That's about all of my input on the subject. I haven't been to ANY kind of convention yet, actually.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by quilzel View Post
Large Image:
Spoiler:

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic debuted on October 10, 2010 (10/10/10)
101010 = 42 in binary

Surprise (2nd) New Topic:
Mind = Blown

I'm starting love Hitchhiker's Guide than I ever had before thanks to Twilight Sparkle's analyzation.
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

Nature: Brave
I applaud to quil's post :D (and the image too! I *think* I've seen it before but it doesn't matter. xD What Pinkie said, it is mind blowing. :O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quilzel
So, who here likes conventions? Been to any of them? Planning on going to one in the future? (Brony Ones)
I've been seriously thinking of going to one, but there's one thing that's stopping me...and it's not really the money. It's actually the dates. This year's bronycon takes place on the same weekend that I *might* (still pending!) be on vacation with my family. As of this moment, I haven't heard of any cons near me (except for the one in LA but that's terribly far away sadly). So, I'm kinda hoping for a miracle that the vacation dates would be changed xD If not, there's always next year, right?

At the same time, obviously I've never been to a convention before. xD So, judging from what I've heard or read, conventions with ponies sound like soooo much fun. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quilzel
Well, it has indeed changed my life in so many ways possible. Back then I was a huge pessimist about everything & so negative. Although I still prefer to be alone sometimes, I still care a lot about my friends, and the friendships I've established with all of them. I'm no longer afraid to approach to anyone and say a proper "hello", like years ago when I was extremely shy and didn't want to talk to absolutely anyone. And just last semester I realized that working (and being) in groups is a lot more fun than working (and being) alone...especially when working on a huge project. Thanks to that, I took it all in as a huge "42" lesson.
Old January 12th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Houndour2005

I don't have any least favorite pony.

Haven't been to a convention, but I watch the chat livetsreams.

My favorite episode are Sisterhooves Social too.

↑ Meghan McCarthy (2012-12-31). Writer of final episode. Twitter. Retrieved on 2013 January 10.

The Hub released a new promo today with scenes from a couple of future episodes. There aren't a huge amount of new scenes here, but It's pretty epic regardless! Head on down past the break to find it!

Episode Title: Games Ponies Play
Air Date: February 9, 2013
Synopsis: Princess Cadance invites Twilight and her friends to welcome the important Equestria Games inspector.
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

I'll look for the promo on YT when I get out of class later. I haven't seen it myself due to me being so busy/distracted/watching other TV shows/etc xD

Least favorite pony for me would be Applejack. Someone here said (too lazy to quote) that she has trouble with her element of Honesty...and that's true. In the past few episodes, she had so much trouble keeping the truth and ended up lying to anyone just to hide it. Hopefully in later episodes, she can actually improve that.
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:06 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
Darn it. I thought there's a new episode. Anyway, here's more of my art.
1. Minuette 3(couldn't thing of an original name )
2. The Band(I had this crazy revelation, that I would start a rock band of MLP while I'm driving my Patriot on the way home).
Spoiler:

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Houndour2005

Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy

#MLPFIM spoiler alert: @johndelancie delivers a line in this weeks episode so perfectly that it may cause the Internet to explode
Detaljer
20t Meghan McCarthy Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy

I can neither confirm nor deny that there is something for me to confirm or deny.
Detaljer
21t Meghan McCarthy Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy

@M_A_Larson @SweetieBotatDD You and your spoilers, Larson!!

Happy Pagan Festival Holiday Season! Seems Zap2It just dropped the synopsis for that new episode we learned of, Keep Calm and Flutter On.
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:47 PM
quilzel
net start w3svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndour2005 View Post
Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy

#MLPFIM spoiler alert: @johndelancie delivers a line in this weeks episode so perfectly that it may cause the Internet to explode
Detaljer
20t Meghan McCarthy Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy

I can neither confirm nor deny that there is something for me to confirm or deny.
Detaljer
21t Meghan McCarthy Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy

@M_A_Larson @SweetieBotatDD You and your spoilers, Larson!!

Happy Pagan Festival Holiday Season! Seems Zap2It just dropped the synopsis for that new episode we learned of, Keep Calm and Flutter On.

I didn't read all of either of your posts ( I stopped when I saw the word synopsis), but please post any synopsis or other spoilers in spoiler tags and let people know that they are spoilers. I am trying not to know what is in the episode before I see it, it adds a great deal of mystery and suspense when watching the episode. Thank you.

Also this is what it feels like trying to avoid spoilers: http://youtu.be/0XMyjToQb4I
Old January 15th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

Posting future episode descriptions do count as spoilers, so I'm afraid Imma have to agree. Next time use the spoiler tags, okay!

New Hub Promo ad, as mentioned earlier. (spoilered at your own risk, because it does contain content from future episodes).
Spoiler:

Anyways, how about a new topic to keep the club going, yeah?

Do you own any MLP merch? If so, what do you own? Post pictures if you like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quilzel View Post
Also this is what it feels like trying to avoid spoilers: http://youtu.be/0XMyjToQb4I
^This is true, everyone. xD
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:35 PM
quilzel
net start w3svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post

Do you own any MLP merch? If so, what do you own? Post pictures if you like!
My Pokemans Ponies, let me show you them. (Lots of photos ahead)

First are the Glittery Blind Bag ponies from Wave 1 that site on top of my DVR.
Spoiler:

Here is my Desk.
Spoiler:

Description in Spoiler
Spoiler:
(From Left to Right)
San Degieo Comic Con Derpy
Hot Topic Vinyl Derpy
Large (Walmart) Pinkie Pie Plush (featuring a Pin on mustache that I recived from WeLoveFine)
Small (Target) Pinkie Pie Plush
"Unplugged" 3x5 print. I picked up the print at Bronycon. (Deviantart link http://fav.me/d560vjx)

Next Stop is my Dresser
Spoiler:

Description in Spoiler
Spoiler:
(From Left to Right)
On top of the Alarm Clock is the four variant Pinkie Pie Blind Bags. Glittery, Metallic, Glow in the Dark, and regular.
The back row is the McDonald’s Happy Meal toys. (Fun Fact, these toys where some of my first, as I was too shy at the time to go buy any of the toys at the store) On the End is Brushable Lyra.
The front features a Small Dewott figure I picked up at the Nintendo World Store in New York City when I visited the area for BronyCon. Just to the left is a picture of the Mane 6 that came with the Lyra Brushable. The rest of this line is composed of the Mane 6 Blind Bag figures minus Fluttershy because her blind bag is just a Rainbow Dash Recolor, and it just looks wrong. On the end is the Lyra Blind bag

To the left of my dresser is my calendar
Spoiler:

My Back pack sports three pins on it, All acquired from BronyCon
Spoiler:

Here is a pic of the rest of my stuff, the only thing I don’t have a closer view of is the Derpy Messenger bag (bottom Left) I bought from WeLoveFine, I used it to carry the stuff around that I bought at BronyCon. (the rest of the descriptions are in other photos.
Spoiler:

First picture is of the cards, I have no idea how many packs of these I have bought, but a lot.
Bottom Left is all of the cards I have, I keep them in the Pinkie Pie Box (Target), The middle thing is the collectors Tin (Walmart), and the top left is the DJ Pon3 Box (Hot Topic). Don’t forget about the Small Rainbow Dash Plush (Target).

Poster that was included with the Pinkie Pie Box

Poster that was included with the DJ Pon3 Box

Poster that was included with the collectors tin.

This image is of a Sketch I won from SohpieCabra. (http://sophiecabra.deviantart.com/) She gives away sketches all the time on twitter. She hosted a said event while at BronCon, First person to find her on the floor got a sketch. To the left of the picture are my Convention Badges.

Comic Issue #1 & #2 from Hot Topic
Below are the Convention Guides (Their official names are escaping me at the moment)

I have a set of the posters that Walmart was giving away. I have one framed, I need to get around to getting the other three framed, but I keep forgetting to buy said frames when I am at the store.

Well there you have it. While typing all of this stuff out, (and taking pictures) I came to the realization why I always feel broke. XD

Well in the words of one of my irl Brony Friends: “Ponies, because crack is cheaper.”

EDIT: Derp, I forgot about apparel.
Spoiler:
[/URL]

Last edited by quilzel; January 16th, 2013 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Derp, I forgot about apparel.
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:04 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
Do you own any MLP merch?
Oh my gosh Leafstorm I envy you. I wish we had those things the place we live in. The only thing I had is 2 t-shirts I personally printed. Will post them later on.

Old January 16th, 2013, 06:09 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Well this is unexpected. All I have that's pony-related are the drawings that I do. Nothing else. I am practically broke, with everything I have going towards a laptop.
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:35 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Wow quilzel, that's a LOT of pony. I know a guy who has that Derpy bag, and another guy who has that Doctor Whooves shirt. I wish we were rich enough for that much merch...

I do have a Fluttershy shirt with Iron Will's catchphrases, pony ID strap thingies, Pinkie Pie toothpaste, Fluttershy keychain, glittery blind bag Colgate and Pinkie, some pony cards, a (broken) Rainbow Dash earphones, and a Derpy plushie.
...wow, I have more than I thought.

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:18 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyr1928 View Post
Well this is unexpected. All I have that's pony-related are the drawings that I do. Nothing else. I am practically broke, with everything I have going towards a laptop.
Same here, that's all we could brag about. Anyway, is it true that season 3 will be a short one, unlike the last 2?

Old January 17th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

Unfortunately, there's four more episodes left in this season, to answer your question. Keep Calm & Flutter On is this weekend's episode, and is episode 10 of this season. If I recall correctly a Season 4 is coming soon? I have a gut feeling it's a rumor, but who knows!

I got a bit of pony merch myself! I wish I owned as much pony as quil, but unfortunately college comes first! :( Oh well, owning at least one piece of Pony merch is always good! Especially when you can take around. :D

Pictures incoming!

Spoiler:
Three of my pony figurines. Two of them were from McDonalds when my sister bought her happy meals. She's not an MLP fan (and won't be unfortunately), so she was like "You like ponies? Here." and just throws them at me. xD However, I'm lucky to have Rarity though!

The third one is an older generation pony figurine. I'm pretty sure it's Cheerilee but who knows. lmao
Spoiler:

Bought this at Walmart for $1. It's half-full because my little niece and I spent each quiet moment coloring it with her 64-color crayon box. xD There's a black paint spot on Twilight. ...that was my niece. xD
Spoiler:

I even got a calendar too. I had one for 2012 and one for 2013. 2013's calendar is 20% cooler. :)
Spoiler:

Along with the calendar, I bought myself a lanyard to hold my keys. :3 Only one brony at my school noticed it yesterday. xD
Spoiler:

I also have a Pinkie Pie T-shirt, but that has a ton of holes for wearing it too much. xD I still have it...I just don't wear it anymore. :P
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:16 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm
I also have a Pinkie Pie T-shirt, but that has a ton of holes for wearing it too much. xD I still have it...I just don't wear it anymore.
You should frame it if it's still displayable. That's what I'd do.
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

I actually did cut up the design from the shirt. Maybe framing it wouldn't be a bad idea! xD

I saw a Rarity t-shirt at Hot Topic the other time I was at the mall, and it said "IT. IS. ON!" and I was like DO WANT, MAN. Someday I'll buy it. I lack a pony t-shirt. lol
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I have decent amount of merch, i guess
Spoiler:
All my pony figures. Only got a handful of blind bags, but I got the ones I wanted. Twilight is the only pony that matters.
Spoiler:

Coloring books and calenders.
Spoiler:

Backpack
Spoiler:

Posters
Spoiler:

Perhaps my most favorite piece of merch, my Twi blanket
Spoiler:

annnd a Princess Celestia towel
Spoiler:

I also have a sketch of Chrysalis drawn and signed by the comic book artist, and a Cadence sketch I got from a past comic book convention, but they are probably with all my comic books back at my dads house.

Pretty much stoppped buying merch though.

pairs!
wac!

Old January 18th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Houndour2005

Spoiler:
in an event advertised as The Hub's My Little Pony Princess Coronation; "Princess Coronation" isn't necessarily the title of the episode itself

Old January 19th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

I wonder what situation Fluttershy is going through this time to improve her confidence:

Spoiler:
wfnevnekvnerqkjnmeqlkvnmfe;qljvncenklfjcvemqkrjvnqekjvnwoljvn DISCORD'S BACK?! And Celestia wants Fluttershy to turn him good? What is wrong with you, Princess!

Regardless, since there won't be another 2-parter this season, I knew they would have to make it short somehow. But still, the return of the best villain of FiM has really spread a wildfire in the fanbase.
Old January 19th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Houndour2005

Spoiler:

Recap: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic S 3 E 13 Magical Mystery Cure

Written by M.A. Larson

Zap2it's synopsis: When Twilight casts a spell that switches the Cutie Marks and destinies, the only way to reverse the spell is by writing her own magic.

On December 15, 2012, Jocelan Thiessen called this episode her favorite of the season "for sure."

This episode isn't titled "Goodbye Ponyville", even originally,
though it may be a fitting title , and isn't part of a two-part finale.

Here We Go Again: If the hints above are anything to go by, Twilight goes nuts (again) in this episode.
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
So... joining!

Username: gunnerpow7
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Twilight Sparkle
Additional Information: Well thank MidnightShine for that since when Laugh and Mid did MLP, tbh, I got jealous soo... I watched the pilot and tbh, it was awesome! I loved Twilight Sparkle since she is smart and cute and was a bookish type of girl, like me... :3

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old January 19th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

Sooooo Keep Calm & Flutter On...
Spoiler:
asdfghjkl; SUPER EPIC. I applaud with tears of joy rn!!!

I LOVE how Fluttershy stayed with Discord all throughout the episode while the other ponies were like "omg y u stick beside him??" I mean, it was amazing to see that she was trying all her best to be kind, to endure his stunts, and change him for good. The ending made me bawl, I shedded tears of joy when Discord realized that she was his one and only friend. I mean, I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one that's gone through this, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerpow7 View Post
So... joining!

Username: gunnerpow7
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Twilight Sparkle
Additional Information: Well thank MidnightShine for that since when Laugh and Mid did MLP, tbh, I got jealous soo... I watched the pilot and tbh, it was awesome! I loved Twilight Sparkle since she is smart and cute and was a bookish type of girl, like me... :3
Gunner! Welcome to the club! I see your two friends got you to it. Which is AWESOME! Even though Twilight isn't really my first favorite, I still am fond of her. :3 Hopefully you reach to Season 3 asap, so you can join in on the episode discussions! :)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here