The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Old August 29th, 2013, 07:18 PM
papayaperson
Intermediate Hackker

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Progress Report
(Actual update begins on the third paragraph)
It's been a long time since we've updated this thread, so to all who are following the hack, thanks for being patient. We've been struggling finding team members that continue to respond, and so we've been unable to complete any scripting, and thus, we cannot present you with more screenshots yet :/ Our new member, Zoro, has begun working on scripts so we should start to see progress in that field. I'd expect to give (at the very least) two new screenshots by the end of September.
As far as the rest of the hack goes, I'm happy with our progress :D. Considering how many consistent team members we have, we've made a very fair amount of progress with Mapping, the Pokedex, Fakemon, Sprites, and, of course, the Plot. We still lack progress in Music and Scripts so any help with those is needed. Now, since I'd hate to leave you all with absolutely no updates for such a long time, this update includes very small things about the game.
For those of you that are wondering about whether or not there will be any original Pokemon featured in the game, the answer is yes! There will be several original Pokemon featured in the game's Pokedex, which, at the moment, has 125 confirmed entries. Some original Pokemon that are being featured include the Poliwag, Dunsparce, Drifloon, Starly, Carnivine, Munna, Lunatone & Solrock, Plusle & Minun, Magnemite, and Lapras. Keep in mind that these aren't simply random Pokemon; they each play a role in the story in some significant way. As for Fakemon now... We have several Fakemon that are being featured in the game. I do not want to reveal sprites or images until the 13th, like I had promised in an earlier update, but for those of you wondering, one of the new Pokemon is named Cryolite. It is a Rock/Psychic-type and is the Star Pokemon. Another is named Veilump. It is the shortest Pokemon in the game, and it is a Ground-type. More Fakemon and even more sprites are coming soon, but something else I will reveal is that most original Pokemon featured are going to have new additions to their evolutionary lines or similar additions. For those of you wishing to see more, the hacks deviantART page is accessible at http://pokemonswhf.deviantart.com/ and it features things that have not been revealed on this page, and we will continue to update it with exclusive content, so I suggest that those of you following the hack Watch our dA page. Please keep in mind that we are not artists, and we do not have any artists. The art is perfect.
The next update is about Team Next, our hack's evil organization. Team Next is a rebellious group of workers from the NextClear Power Co., a company in Charpa that provides the entire region with clean, all-natural electricity. Their intent is to convert the company's electricity sources from all-natural sources to a type of nuclear power that would save them money and allow them to perform dangerous experiments using the waste of their energy production. This experimentation has led to the "discovery" of many new species of Pokemon. The goal of these experiments is not currently known to the citizens of Charpa, but more reports indicate that the experiments are causing many Pokemon to flee from their natural environments.
That just about does it for this update! Thanks to anyone following the hack, I'll try to update the thread more regularly. Our next update is coming Friday, September 13th, and it may just be something evil ;D
Old August 30th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Hm. The trees looks weird. Also the fake pokemon aren't that nice.
It could use a little work? Is this a complete fake pokemon hack?
Hope not.

Last edited by Orifiel; September 22nd, 2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old August 30th, 2013, 10:20 AM
reshilegend

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by L96 View Post
Hm. The trees looks weird. Also the fake pokemon aren't that nice.
It could use a little work? Is this a complete fake pokemon hack?
Hope not.
The tree shading has been fixed, as well as some other tiles.

Also I added transparent shadows for the houses.
Don't worry if you don't like these few Fakemon, in the final game there will be many more and we're trying our best to make them look good. If you (or anyone else) want to see more Fakemon, I'd suggest waiting for the Fakemon reveal (coming soon) or visiting our dA page. It's the link in my sig.
Nope, not completed. Otherwise there would be a download link.
Old September 13th, 2013, 06:16 PM
papayaperson
Intermediate Hackker

Well, this is it! Friday the 13th, the day riddled with misfortune from Jason xD IT also happens to be the day of our Fakemon reveal! We have removed certain sprites from the post temporarily, we will place them back in again once they have templates as well. We added a scetion featuring concept art, so that you can get an idea for certain Fakemon before we finalize the designs and make sprites. So, without further ado, welcome to our Fakemon reveal!

Here I'm sure there are some familiar faces and some new. Like 1st gen, our game will have two early-game insects. Beadle has been shown already, and Catenna is new. Catenna is the Antenna Pokemon, and is a pure Bug-type, like Beadle. Catenna is exclusive to Shining Waters version while Beadle is exclusive to Hazing Flames version.
Salaqua is another new face. He is a Water-type Pokemon, and it is extremely rare. It only lives in two lakes of the Charpa region, and is in danger of extinction. It is commonly called the Walking Fish Pokemon.
Orslit has been featured on this thread for a while now. Orslit is a Ghost/Steel-type Pokemon, and it has the abilities of Lightningrod and Arena Trap. It is incredibly defensive and will not let anything near its home. It is known to be a ghostly Pokemon, and when seen, it is just a manifestation of this ghastly energy.

Now regarding the conceptual artwork! Please refer back to the original post to see these, I hate to post large images again...

The first Pokemon is called (as of right now) Leamuril. It is the Lemur Pokemon. It lives in the deciduous areas of Charpa. Its typing is fairly obvious.

Pippeck is our early-game bird Pokemon! It's a Normal/Flying-type.

The next design is a concept sketch of a Fakemon that is in the design process. We don't want to reveal a better sketch or the final design until the game is released, so just interpret this one however you chose to!

Scrabug is a Bug/Ground-type. It is the Pinch Pokemon and lives near beaches.

Draguard is a Dragon/Steel-type, and it lives in dark caves where it protects its young.

Shearise is a design in progress. It is the sweet Pokemon, and it is based on a cherry. It is a Grass/Fire-type, and it has the Ability Flash Fire or Levitate.

Well, that is it for now! We updated the thread today, so you can see some more information there now as well. Bye for now!
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:40 PM
chaos_envoys

Nature: Modest
This hack seems interesting.. I hope the fakemons will become like pokemon Sienna level.. Best of luck to you guys!!

Pokemon Glazed,Pokemon Dark Violet, Pokemon Flora Sky, Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Waiting For: PLATINUM RED & BLUE, Pokemon Voltage, dark violet, and liquid crystal
Old September 14th, 2013, 08:50 AM
reshilegend

In addition to the Fakemon reveal, here's the first full map revealed:

Spoiler:

The first route of the game. This map is pretty much final, I'm currently working on some adjustments for the "really tall grass" animation so that there will be 2 types of tall grass in the game.

Again, if anyone wants to help with the hack, please let us know! New team members are needed in order to make sure the game progresses. Thanks everyone for reading!

Last edited by reshilegend; September 14th, 2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
papayaperson
Intermediate Hackker

Meet a Fakemon
Currently unnamed in English, this Fakemon will appear in the hack!
Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:27 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...
Community Supporter Tier 4

Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
I like the look of this hack. And the tiles are a bit DSy. They look nice though.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by reshilegend View Post
The tree shading has been fixed, as well as some other tiles.

Also I added transparent shadows for the houses.
Don't worry if you don't like these few Fakemon, in the final game there will be many more and we're trying our best to make them look good. If you (or anyone else) want to see more Fakemon, I'd suggest waiting for the Fakemon reveal (coming soon) or visiting our dA page. It's the link in my sig.
Nope, not completed. Otherwise there would be a download link.
Oh, It looks better now. (Of course, it should)
Anyways, the update. Well, I don't really like fake pokemons. (I hate them alot)
But aside that, I think it looks great. Rather, I'll be waiting for a full pledge update again.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:44 PM
reshilegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by L96 View Post

Anyways, the update. Well, I don't really like fake pokemons. (I hate them alot)
There are also regular "real" Pokemon in the game so you'll have more options than just Fakemon. For example, as of now Starly and my Fakemon Pippeck are available in Route 1.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM
OPSdoesLPs

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to OPSdoesLPs
Hi, my name is OPSdoesLPS, or SacredFireNegro on Youtube, but I do Pokemon Rom Hack Let's Plays and starting to do Pokemon Rom Hack Showcases and I was going around the forums looking for new and upcoming rom hacks and I saw this rom hack and after reading each little thing about the rom hack, I would like to be apart of any BETA test teams, or any news updates because there's A LOT of rom hacks and I can't stay up to date on them all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SacredFireNegro
Old October 8th, 2013, 09:41 PM
DBKHD
Elite Saiyan

So, any update to this? This is looking pretty good so far.

Vegetto: "Kakarrot and Vegeta have been combined, so I guess that makes me Vegetto."

Old October 8th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Jésrøñ bans
Dreams come true.....

Is atleast an alpha ready to be downloaded n tested.

Life iz very short, live each moment of it...
No one knows whats gonna happen tomorow, so enjoy today...
Old October 9th, 2013, 08:39 AM
reshilegend

Guys, please try to be patient. Now that we have a new scripter (welcome to the team ep!c) we'll try to make the game progress faster but we don't have unlimited free time, XY are coming out very soon and we don't want a rushed, horrible hack.
In the meanwhile how about some more feedback? What do you like about the game and what could be improved? We'll be reading all comments and maybe change a few things in the hack here and there, it depends on how people react.

To give you at least a few minor status updates because hey, it's better than nothing:

- Physical/Special split implemented
- BW2 repel system implemented
- Eggs now hatch at level 1
- Some new Fakemon sprites

Things we're planning to add in the near future:

- New OWs
- Fakemon backsprites & icons
- New evolutionary stones
- And of course plenty of scripts.
Old October 11th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Noobly

Hey if i "design" a fakemon you will think of adding him??
Sorry for poor english
Old October 11th, 2013, 02:46 PM
GaryFreakingOak
8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.

Its not a big deal by any means, but I'm a fan of the exp gain system that's in Black and White. Normally I wouldn't mention it but I've noticed you've included some other newer gen features, so I think it would be cool if you could implement the exp gain system. Just a thought!
Old October 12th, 2013, 11:03 AM
reshilegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
Hey if i "design" a fakemon you will think of adding him??
Sorry for poor english
Maybe, if the design is good enough. PM me and I'll take a look at your Fakemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryFreakingOak View Post
Its not a big deal by any means, but I'm a fan of the exp gain system that's in Black and White. Normally I wouldn't mention it but I've noticed you've included some other newer gen features, so I think it would be cool if you could implement the exp gain system. Just a thought!
You mean when you battle a Pokemon that's above your level you get more experience and vice versa? I'm not sure if anyone already tried porting that to Fire Red but I'll talk with our scripter about it. Not a bad idea, but I think it's not really that important (at least for me, don't know what the majority thinks). Thanks for the suggestion.
Old October 12th, 2013, 10:05 PM
GaryFreakingOak
8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.

Quote:
You mean when you battle a Pokemon that's above your level you get more experience and vice versa? I'm not sure if anyone already tried porting that to Fire Red but I'll talk with our scripter about it. Not a bad idea, but I think it's not really that important (at least for me, don't know what the majority thinks). Thanks for the suggestion.
I believe Liquid Crystal has it. That's the main reason I suggested it, because that's Fire Red and I figured it might not be difficult to add. But personally its not a big deal to me either unless there's a steep level curve in the game, in which case it takes a lot of edge off the grinding.
Old November 7th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, Summer Bay & Lumiose City
Nature: Gentle
when is there a predicted download, this looks intriguing!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Directioner, Belieber, Potterhead! I love the Lord more than anybody else.
Old November 7th, 2013, 12:05 PM
mydrago
Gen III Hacker EM/SS Fan

Nature: Timid
This Looks Great and the fakemons look awsome.
Good work

Old November 23rd, 2013, 08:32 AM
KamikazeSSoH
Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi

Send a message via Skype™ to KamikazeSSoH
Looks cool i like some fakemons
Old December 8th, 2013, 06:24 AM
papayaperson
Intermediate Hackker

Heyo everyone! I'm here to give you all an update about the hack's progression
The hack is progressing very nicely, and we have a scripter now so things should start falling into place for an Alpha release in the coming weeks!

New Progress
One of the things I disliked about XY was how the gyma took very little effort, so one thing being implemented is Gym Challenges! In order to gain access to any of the various gyms in the region, you'll need to complete the gym leader's specified challenge! These challenges might include evolving a Pokemon, have a certain amount of pokemon captured, and more! Of course, the gym puzzles inside will still be present, this is just a little addition to those!
By the second Beta release, which shouldn't fall far from our first release (we're progressing much faster now), you'll be 100% capable of breeding in the game! Obviously, you're notngoing to IV breed in a hack, but you'll want to get the Baby Pokemon being included, and maybe even new possible Egg Moves! Another new feature to breeding is that event Pokemon, such as your starters, can beeed to get different Abilities! We can't implement Hidden abilities, but this close.
Starters will, of course, be revealed prior to the first download, but for now we're keepong them to ourselves

Thanks for being patient with us, we know its been taking a while to get this hack moving
Old December 8th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Donkie_Donk

The game looks cool and I can't wait to get some fakemons!
Old December 9th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Kakarot1212
Awesome as always...

Nature: Naughty
Good luck here buddy!
Though the fakemons dont really look well

楓 弘詩
“ Programs must be written for people
to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute. ”
Pair Pair | Facebook | Showdown | PHO | Twitter
| The Prediction Game |
Old December 9th, 2013, 04:06 PM
CDChaser
Dream Chaser

I can do some base spriting, so pretty much, I'll sprite, put it on here, then let some one finish it off with proper programs, since all I have is paint.
If that's okay with you.

Credit to xVaporeon for userbar

Ongoing Challenges:
Game of Thrones - Pokémon Y
TARGARYEN-STARK-LANNISTER-BARATHEON-MARTELL-TYRELL-TULLY-ARRYN-GREYJOY-NIGHT'S WATCH
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here