The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 6th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
Are there any songs that connect with a deep emotional well inside of you? What are they? Why do they make you feel sad/euphoric/infuriated/etc? Do you even like these songs?

Spoiler:
At the time of writing this, the song that I can say 'connects' with me the most is Because of You by Kelly Clarkson. That is not a good song for me, it's a song that always awakens deep, often long repressed memories inside of me that I'd much rather forget, although I know that I never will. Why I keep these memories shut away is not something I am capable of sharing onto these forums, for you don't deserve to know just how emotionally screwed up I am. When Kelly's masterpiece comes on the radio, I switch the radio off. If it, by chance, comes up on my iPod, i stop listening to music for a while. I only ever listen to it when I am truly sad - right now being that time. Because of You is a song that, although a magnificent song, has far too many connotations with sadness, regret and loss for me to be able to stand it.
My heart can't possibly break, when it wasn't even whole to start with.
Old November 6th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
King of Anything by someone that I honestly can't even remember right now. That's a song that always strongly affects my emotions, for the positive. Since it's all about saying screw you to everyone that tried to control you it makes me happy, even if I can't say the same thing to most people that have a hold on my life lol.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:40 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
King of Anything by someone that I honestly can't even remember right now. That's a song that always strongly affects my emotions, for the positive. Since it's all about saying screw you to everyone that tried to control you it makes me happy, even if I can't say the same thing to most people that have a hold on my life lol.
Sarah Bareilles!

I'd have to say anything by Christina Perri. Arms and A Thousand Years really get to me emotionally. They don't exactly make me sad, but it's just emotional, lol no way to explain it. I definitely like them, but it's not something I listen to everyday, since then it's not as impacting.
Old November 6th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
Perfect by Pink. I can relate to it a lot, mainly because of the fact that I'm insecure. When I'm listening to that song I get all mushy inside and I feel like crying. My emotions flow whenever I hear it. Great song; made a huge impression on me the first time I heard it.

Spoiler:
Made a wrong turn, once or twice. Dug my way out blood and fire. Bad decisions, that's alright. Welcome to my silly life. Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood. Miss, no way, it's all good, it didn't slow me down. Mistaken, always second guessing, underestimated, look, I'm still around.

Phrases in Bold: Ouchie.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old November 7th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
I'm gonna cry thinking about it, haha. But Pickup Truck by Kings of Leon will always be that song for me. I always skip it when it shows up. It's a masterpiece, but it's just hard to listen to without remembering mistakes I've made. It's a song for me and someone special. And back when he said it was his feelings for me in the song, I didn't really understand till after I messed up. ...Okay I'm in McDonald's and I'm gonna start crying if I don't stop, so I'll leave it there. I don't need people staring.

Fun fact: The lyrics have been in my blog header ever since the album was released in late 2010. I don't have the heart to ever change it, really.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old November 7th, 2012, 01:14 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Zoology by Knife Party. It's my most listened song, and for a good reason too. It makes me feel like myself. I'm not very "conventional" in character, and neither is this song's instruments.

also everything by feed me, skrillex, any artist that regularly puts in spastic beats :D because that's who I am!

Last edited by droomph; November 8th, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Katalyst

Hmm. There are many songs. Each one of them triggers a different part of myself - but I'll list the three that have the most effect on me:

- "This Day We Fight!" by Megadeth - It's my motivational song. The speed and agressiveness of the guitars pumps my blood and relieves my stress - plus the lyrics which make me go "Come at me bro!" at any challenge.

- "This Godless Endeavor" by Nevermore - My eyes open in pure amazement at such a masterpiece of metal - such songwriting skills, performance and epic sound are just asdfasdasg - And it also shares some of my views on religion on its lyrics.

- "Journeyman" by Iron Maiden - Yes, from a myriad of amazing and legendary Iron Maiden songs I chose their only song entirely played on acoustic instruments. It's a calm, still well-written and nice sounding instrumental with lyrics that touch my soul in a way few other songs do. My mind and soul feel free whenever I listen to this song.
Old November 8th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Cough Syrup by Young the Giant. It's a beautifully dark song; a cry for help. However, I don't feel sad, but rather, empowered when I hear the chorus. My heart soars to all new sorts of levels when I listen to this song. I can't go one day without listening to it, even if it's just for some dozen seconds or so from my cell phone... Thanks, Mac!
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
'The I Love You Song' from The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. I'm not sure how much of a connection I have to this song, but it's definitely one that elicits ridiculously strong emotions from me, more than any other piece of music. If I'm anything other than deliriously happy, it can often make me cry if I sit down to listen to it absent mindedly. It's from a musical, so I empathise with the characters singing the lyrics, but it's more the music and those damn harmonies that get to me every time. I can't relate to any of the stuff that's being sung about (broken up families, mental illness, delirious expressions of love), but it gets me every time.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here