The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old November 15th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm

Tainted Waters: The Wrath of Suicune

Rated: T

Moderated by: Flydro

Intro:

It has been almost five years since the fall of the notorious Team Rocket. After facing defeat, boss Giovanni disbanded the entire organization and quietly went underground. Though he hasn’t been seen or heard from since, the legacy he left behind has still remained strong within the criminal pokemon world. A few feeble attempts had been made to bring Team Rocket back to power, though all have failed due to lack of leadership and organization. Once considered a big threat within the pokemon world, the name of Team Rocket has been reduced to nothing more than a bad joke. However, someone has been waiting for the right time to bring the group back to power, which may happen soon enough.

Recently, there have been reports of wild pokemon acting strangely in some areas of Johto. For some reason, wild pokemon are becoming increasingly aggressive towards people and have started to attack even when unprovoked. Researchers and scientists have linked the problem with an increase in unknown chemicals in the water. Wild pokemon who ingest these chemicals seem to become hyper aggressive and receive an increase in power and stamina, making them dangerous and harder to takedown. The severity of the problem is increasing, mostly due to the recent disappearance of the legendary pokemon Suicune, who served as guardian of the waters of Johto. The fact that the crystal bells in Ecruteak City no longer ring or make any sound is a sign that Suicune is in trouble. Eusine, a well-known legendary beast researcher and Suicune expert, leads the investigation and hunt for the missing pokemon. There have also been scattered incidents of crime being commited by an unknown group of people that are seemingly connected in some way, and there are rumors going around thatTeam Rocket is behind it all…

Plot:

Silver, the son of Giovanni, is the cause of all the trouble. He too had been training underground just like his father did, and is now following in his footsteps to carry out his own plan to bring Team Rocket back to full power. He spent years studying pokemon behavior and learning what makes them become stronger. Through extensive research and experimentation, he developed a liquid chemical called Rage Nectar (or RNx). When given to a pokemon, RNx causes them to enter a state of pure aggression called “raging”. A pokemon that is raging first responds by having its eyes glow red or green, and then receives a sharp increase in power and stamina. While raging, a pokemon is considered to be mentally unstable and has difficulty suppressing its urge tofight, attacking anyone who is perceived as a threat. It is difficult to get a pokemon back to its normal state once it starts to rage, and will only stop once it receives enough damage, is immobilized for an extended period of time, or until it faints. As part of his plan to “enhance” Johto’s wild pokemon and turn them into stronger versions of themselves, Silver has managed to forcefully capture Suicune and hold it against its will so that he may perform experiments on it to increase its strength. With Suicune out of the way, the Rage Nectar can effectively be introduced into the environment without having to worry about the water being purified of the chemicals. While underground, Silver has grown stronger than ever before and is now as ruthless as Giovanni once was. It has taken him years to realize his dream of bringing Team Rocket back to power after his own father had left him after suffering defeat, a grudge he still bears to this day. He has recruited a solid team of Team Rocket members and plans to take the team worldwide, something Giovanni had never been able to do. With his newly developed weapons in his arsenal Silver is finally ready to put his plans into place and unless someone stops him, the snickers and laughs that are heard at the mention of Team Rocket will soon turn into cries of panic as uncontrolled rage sweeps through the world of pokemon.

Time and Setting:

Current time setting with all regions and pokemon being available. The RP will mainly take place in the Johto region, but there will be some traveling to other locations as well.

Your Role:

You will be part of a team recruited by Eusine to help investigate the cause of the wild pokemon attacks while he travels in search of Suicune’s whereabouts. As you go along, you may meet both allies who will help you as well as enemies who will stand in your way. The mission will be dangerous for both you and your pokemon, but the cause for protecting all pokemon everywhere is worth fighting for.

Rules:

1. All out of character discussion will go in this thread only. No OOC posting in the main RP thread

2. No god-modding or power playing

3. Post Length – all posts should be at least 3-4 paragraphs minimum. Give the roleplayers something to read and help keep the story going

4. Please use proper grammar, spelling, and usage (form) when posting. Not everyone is perfect but please try to maintain good form

5. Try to follow the storyline. Please read and make sure you know what’s going on before you post

6. Try and be as active as possible. If you are busy or cannot find time to post for some reason, let everyone know or PM me if you need to make arrangements or else you will be dropped

7. This RP is rated T – there will be violence and maybe some mild cursing, but don’t get too excessive

8. Follow all other PC Roleplaying rules otherwise not covered here

9. Have fun with it!

Spoiler:

Name:

Hometown:

Bio: (provide background information on your character’s history)

Appearance: (describe in detail or post a picture)

Personality: (describe what your character’s personality is like)

Pokemon: (for now max 5 and only 3 fully evolved pkmn per person to allow room for growth)

Name:

Ability:

Moveset: (only 4)

Bio: (brief description of your character’s history with this pokemon)

RP Sample: (optional. If you feel your sign up and RP style is strong enough then you don’t have to give a sample, but I may ask for one before accepting you into the story if I feel more is needed)

My Sign Up:

Spoiler:

Name: Randy Carter

Hometown: Azalea Town, Johto

Bio: Randy is a traveling pokemon trainer from Johto. He was born and raised in Azalea Town, where he spent most of his childhood. One day while exploring Ilex forest as a kid, he got lost and couldn’t find his way out. As he searched for a way out hecame across the Ilex Shrine, which is said to be in honor of the guardian of the forest. While resting at the shrine, Randy ended up falling asleep until he was woken up by a flash of green light in a nearby tree. He couldn’t make out the pokemon causing the light so he decided to try and get a closer look, chasing the mysterious glowing pokemon until it eventually led him to the wayout of the forest so he could return home. Although he never found out what pokemon it was and never saw it again, the experience was enough to inspire him to go on his own adventure as a pokemon trainer.

Randy spends most of his time traveling throughout the regions and has spent time in both Kanto and Hoenn. Currently, he is spending his time training in his home region of Johto after returning from a short visit to the Hoenn region. He was surprised to find that there were strange things going on with the wild pokemon in the area when he got back. On his way home he passed through Ilex Forest where he encountered a strange wild Poliwag. Normally docile, Randy could see that the pokemon was under stress because its eyes were glowing red and it wanted to do nothing but fight. He tried his hardest to calm it down but the Poliwag repeatedly tried to attack him with bubble and doubleslap. Knowing the pokemon wasn’t acting like itself, Randy decided to run away from it rather than fight it and managed to get away safely. When he did get home, he saw a news reporton TV discussing the recent mysterious behavior concerning the wild pokemon insome areas of Johto. After seeing it first hand, Randy is interested to find out more about what’s been going on while he was away.

Appearance: Randy stands at about 5’9 with an average build, and has green eyes with somewhat messy, icy blue hair. For clothing he sports a green t-shirt and a light pullover hoodie, which is gray in color with blue pokeball symbols on one of the sleeves. For headwear he has a blue camouflage bucket hat, a present given to him by his father on the day he first set out on his journey. He also wears gray cargo pants along with a pair of matching blue sneakers. Randy keeps his pokemon at his waist attached to his belt, where he can easily access their pokeballs if he needs to. He is usually seen accompanied by his Gengar, where it spends most of its time hiding in Randy’s shadow or floating around at his side.

Personality: For the most part Randy is generally laid back and easy going. He is also very goofy and will do anything for a good laugh. When he first set out on his journey he often rushed into things without thinking, but he has grown a lot during his travels in both the way he connects with his pokemon and his battling styles. As a trainer he is not one to shy away from a battle and never underestimates his opponent, a solid lesson he applies to the way he trains and battles with his pokemon. There is a caring side to him that shows in the way he raises and takes great pride in his pokemon, taking the time to develop his bond with them and doing anything he can to keep them happy and safe. Whenever he is faced with a tough situation, Randy always puts the well-being of his pokemon ahead of his own safety. He enjoys traveling with his pokemon and meeting new people, and is always looking for a new challenge or adventure.

Pokemon:

Name: Gengar (Spook)

Ability: Levitate

Moveset: Shadow Ball, Icy Wind, Will O Wisp, Dark Pulse

Bio: Spook was Randy’s first pokemon and is the one he shares the closest bond with. They met one night when a wild Gastly appeared and tried to scare him on his way home. Instead of frightening him the pokemon’s prank attempts made Randy laugh and they became fast friends. Gastly ended up following him home, and Randy made the choice to nickname it and keep it as his first pokemon. Spook evolved into Haunter while training one night in the Ice Path near Mahogany Town, and evolved again into Gengar when Randy briefly traded it to a friend for use in a gym battle. Spook spends most of its time outside of its pokeball traveling with Randy.

Name: Skarmory (Raptor)

Ability: Sturdy

Moveset: Steel Wing, Aerial Ace, Iron Defense, Spikes

Bio: Skarmory was hatched from an abandoned egg Randy found near Blackthorn City. From the moment it hatched, it proved difficult to control and was always wanting to battle. Even in its early stages as a baby it would always be eager to fight no matter how strong the opponent was. Although it often disobeyed him at first, Randy spent much of his time bonding with Skarmory through training and tough battles. Raptor has grown and matured under the care of his trainer, and still maintains the same fighting spirit it had as a baby. When traveling, Raptor is often used to fly as a means of transportation.

Name: Electrike (Flash)

Ability: Static

Moveset: Shock Wave, Quick Attack, Spark, Howl

Bio: Randy encountered Electrike while traveling in Hoenn. He was passing through a meadow when he came across a group of wild Electrike that tried to ambush him. Although it wasn’t too hard holding them off, their strength in numbers and speedy attacks made escaping almost impossible, so Randy was forced to stand his ground. During the battle with the Electrike pack, he decided to capture one of them since they were not native to his region. An oddly colored blue Electrike caught his eye and he successfully caught it. Flash is loyal towards Randy and has a habit of shocking him when he gets happy or excited.

Name: Fraxure (Haxle)

Ability: Mold Breaker

Moveset: Dual Chop, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Iron Tail

Bio: Randy met Haxle during a battle against a Unova native trainer named Jordan, who had challenged him to a battle in order to use his newly caught Axew. During the battle, the Axew would not listen to any of Jordan's commands and was getting very hurt as a result. In turn, Randy forfeited the battle and went with Jordan to a pokemon center to heal his pokemon. While waiting, he vented his worries concerning Axew's behavior to Randy, who offered to help. Jordan agreed and lent Axew to Randy for one week, and they spent time training and winning battles. The two formed a friendly bond and Axew became so attached to Randy that it became very depressed when it was returned to its trainer. Jordan noticed this, and wanting his pokemon to be happy, released it and allowed it to choose. Axew caught up with Randy and challenged him to a battle to test his skills as a trainer, and ended up being caught after a tough battle against his Electrike. It has since been very happy with its new trainer, and evolved during a gym battle against Norman's Vigoroth in Petalburg City.

Name: Pansear (Pyro)

Ability: Blaze

Moveset: Heat Wave, Scratch, Leer

Bio: Pansear is Randy’s second hatched pokemon and the newest addition to his team. While visiting the day care couple near Goldenrod City they gave him a special egg they had been looking after as a gift, stating that it was left with the couple by a trainer from another region who didn’t have time to keep it and that he would be the perfect person to look after it. Randy kept the egg with him as he traveled, and it hatched at a pokemon center. When Pansear met its new trainer it mistakenly hiccupped and let out a small Heat Wave attack, nearly burning him in the process. Randy took it all in stride and welcomed his new baby pokemon to the team, promising that they will both become stronger as friends. Because it is still a baby and has no battling experience, Pansear can’t fully execute its fire attacks just yet.

Main Characters (Accepted Roleplayers):

1. Randy Carter (Flydro)

2. Aria Bloome (juniebug910)

3. Judai Inuzuka (Detwak)

4. Derek Affe (Icy Burn)

5. Aaron Donaldson (TurkishDelight)

6. Ben Foster (-Sam)

7. Dalex Haven (Iceman3317)

8. Joseph Bartholomew (Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers)

9. Samantha Heights (InkFrog)

*hunting:

Last edited by Flydro; December 24th, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old November 19th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Detwak
Helooooooooooo Nurse!

Nature: Relaxed
Name: Judai Inuzuka

Hometown: Cianwood City

Bio: Judai was born and raised on the beach of Cianwood city. He received his first Pokemon, Poliwag, from the gym leader, Chuck. He then decided to leave his family behind and go on a journey through the Sinnoh region. He quickly defeated the gym leaders, but lost to the elite four. He returned to his home region in shame and decided to train before heading to another region.

As he was training in the dragons den located in Blackthorn city, he got caught in a whirlpool. Unable to call for the help of his Pokemon he thought this was how he would die, that is until a mysterious Pokemon came from the depths of the waters in the den and helped him to escape the whirlpool. He later woke up from his air loss induced sleep and realized he was saved by a pokemon, but what pokemon ...

He decided that he would Journey through Johto until he one day finds the mystical pokemon that saved him that day.

Appearance: The person behind the Poliwrath

Personality: Most of the time Judai is smiling, running around or talking. All of this is because of the fact that he is hyper. He has a love for adventure and Pokemon battles. He will go all out to train his pokemon and will even give his own live if it is needed to save his Pokemon. He usually goes through what other people would see as unnecessary steps to train his pokemon, for example he would race Big Spiral in tough streams just to make Big Spiral stronger.

Pokemon: Poliwrath

Name: Big Spiral

Ability: Swift Swim

Move set: Dynamic Punch
Scald
Giga Impact
Earthquake

Bio: As Judais first pokemon they always had a Special connection. During his time in Sinnoh Big Spiral helped Judai win most of his battles. He evolved into a Poliwhirl during Judais battle with Roark and evolved into a Poliwrath during Judais travels through Johto.

Pokemon: Skorupi

Name: Big Pinch

Ability: Sniper

Moveset: Poison Fang
Bug Bite
Crunch
Thief

Bio: Big Pinch was the first wild Pokemon Judai encountered in Sinnoh and the first he caught. Big Pinch won countless battles but never evolved. Judai continued to train Big Pinch through his Johto travels but he still didn't evolve.

Pokemon: Kabutops

Name: Slicer

Ability: Battle Armor

Moveset: Ancient Power
Aqua Jet
X-Scissor
Ice Beam

Bio: Discovered as a fossil in Sinnoh by Judai in the Orreburgh mines, he was brought back to life as a Kabuto. At first he was confused as how the world had changed. Judai helped him get used to the world as it is now and he allowed Judai to capture him. During his training in Johto Kabuto evolved into a Kabutops while fighting against a wild Donphan.

Pokemon: Rattata

Name: Chews

Ability: Guts

Moveset: Grass Knot
Hyper Fang
ThunderBolt
Dig

Bio: Judai encountered Chews eating the food in his bag one morning in Johto. Seeing as the Rattata was hungry Judai fed him some more. The Rattata was thrilled and begged to join his team. Judai accepted him and he was caught. As his newest Pokemon he is also the least experienced.

(I only gave him four Pokemon)

RP Sample: From my Shadows of Deminyx Role Play on another Forum:

I was on the Mountain of Might a few miles away from the city hunting when I heard footsteps . These footsteps weren't from the deer I was hunting it was from... Goblins. I rose my bow but I didn't expect them to come from the sky. The one struck a knife with Goblin poison in my foot. I felt the poisons effect flow threw my body. I fell to my knees but at least before I passed out I shot an arrow threw the head of a goblin in front of me causing him to die on impact.I awoke a few hours later in a cabin tied to a table. I saw across the room another human. I tried to call to him but my mouth was tied shut with what I hoped was rope ...

I will update it every time the team changes.

Jamez?
Gary?
Dan?

All three are females

Last edited by Detwak; November 24th, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old November 19th, 2012, 03:18 PM
juniebug910
Dragon of Light

Nature: Brave
Name: Aria Bloome

Hometown: Pacifidlog Town, Hoenn

Bio: Aria has lived in Pacifidlog her whole life. She was told legends about Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza a lot, but she perfered other region's legends than for her own region's. Her favorite was of the Tin Tower, the legendary beasts (NOT DOGS!!!), the twin birds, everything. She drew pictures of the Johto legendary pokemon often, and put them up in her room.

Living in an ocean town, Aria was expected to get a water type for her starter. When Aria saw a sad Eevee, however, she fell in love with it and chose it. A few people were mad, but most people in the town respected her choice. Eventually, Aria went on her journey, and met her other pokemon, evolving two of them. When Team Rocket appeared, Aria hid in a cave for a while to protect her pokemon. Whenever she was out of supplies and went to sleep, something was giving her more. Once, she saw a quad-legged pokemon's shadow in the depths of the cave. Now that Aria is outside mostly again after Team Rocket was beaten, she wants to see what that pokemon was and befriend it.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Aria is a swimmer girl who is active and very sweet. Um...but, if you make her angry...never mind. Anyway, she also loves artwork, and carries around paintings of the legendary beasts (BEASTS, NOT DOGS), the Tin Tower, and the legendary birds. She is currently in Johto, her favorite region (for obvious reasons). She has a rich but generous friend named Marion, who was sickly for a while but is better now. They keep in touch, and Aria keeps Marion up-to-date with anything interesting that happens.
Pokemon: Vaporeon

Name: Mizu

Ability: Water Absorb

Moveset: Water Pulse, Aurora Beam, Quick Attack, Ice Beam

Bio: Aria met Mizu as an Eevee as her first pokemon. The Vaporeon is very calm, and has a large bond with Aria.

Pokemon: Gyarados

Name: Sky-wave

Ability: Intimidate

Moveset: Bite, Dragon Rage, Ice Fang, Rain Dance

Bio: Aria caught Sky-wave when she was a Magikarp while fishing, and had faith when it tried to swim up a large waterfall, making it evolve. (reference to the legend of the carp in Japanese mythology) Sky-wave is, surprisingly, very loyal, and is protective of Aria. It's also very confidant.

Pokemon: Kirlia

Name: Tekina

Ability: Synchronize

Moveset: Confusion, Magical Leaf, Calm Mind, Teleport

Bio: Aria saved Tekina (who WAS a Kirlia when she met her) when she found the pokemon being attacked by some rouge pokemon. Tekina is calm and serious, but kind as heck. The Kirlia also loves to dance.

Pokemon: Dratini

Name: Draco

Ability: Shed Skin

Moveset: Twister, Wrap, Dragon Rage, ExtremeSpeed

Bio: Aria met Draco, who was on a journey to prove himself, on her travels. He is a battle-lover, and like a Scraggy, will be provoked whenever a NEW pokemon looks at him and he sees them.

The girl you just called fat? She is overdosing on diet pills. The girl you just called ugly? She spends hours putting makeup on hoping people will like her. The boy you just tripped? He is abused enough at home. See that man with the ugly scars? He fought for our country. That guy you just made fun of for crying? His mother is dying. Copy and paste this into your sig if you think bullying is wrong. You never know what it's like until you walk a mile in their shoes. -Taken from chef30

Last edited by juniebug910; November 22nd, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old November 21st, 2012, 07:38 PM
Flydro
doobz

Nice sign ups here :]

@Detwak yours is pending. Just go back and add more to the personality section of your character. Also need you to proofread a bit and fix some spelling and capital errors, and make sure to clean it up a bit and see that the font is matching throughout the whole signup. I do like your character though

@juniebug910 you are accepted, just add a little more to the pokemon bio sections and you'll be good to go. Nice to have a Hoenn character.

EDIT:

Detwak is now accepted!

*hunting:

Last edited by Flydro; November 22nd, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
juniebug910
Dragon of Light

Hey people? Y U NO JOIN??????

Kidding, but I do wanna have this go through!

The girl you just called fat? She is overdosing on diet pills. The girl you just called ugly? She spends hours putting makeup on hoping people will like her. The boy you just tripped? He is abused enough at home. See that man with the ugly scars? He fought for our country. That guy you just made fun of for crying? His mother is dying. Copy and paste this into your sig if you think bullying is wrong. You never know what it's like until you walk a mile in their shoes. -Taken from chef30
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:33 AM
Detwak
Helooooooooooo Nurse!

I agree with the above post. This Role Play seems very Enjoyable!

Jamez?
Gary?
Dan?

All three are females
Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
Icy Burn
Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3

Nature: Jolly
Ta da! :3

Spoiler:
Name: Derek Affe

Hometown: Virdian City, Kanto.

Bio: Derek is a laid back, lazy trainer from the Region on Kanto. His hometown was Viridian City in Kanto, but in his early life him and his family had moved to Violet City - which he thought was a dull, purple colour, but the few photos his mother had showed him pointed out that his hometown was far more vibrant and colourful - in Johto. Derek's daily life consists of waking up, having breakfast, lounging around watching the television or occasionally he goes to the Poke Mart to buy resources for his mother and father, he then has his lunch, then he strolls through the route before Violet City and then he has supper and goes to bed. He's pretty much the most lazy kid in Johto.

Derek is usually in Johto, but when he goes to family reunions with his Grandpa and Grandma, he has to travel to Hoenn and his Aunt and Uncle live in Kanto. Derek has never thought about being a trainer before, but the last time he visited his Aunt and Uncle, Uncle Barry told him that becoming a Trainer is a great step in life, so currently he is training his 2 main Pokemon. Recently when he has been training his Pokemon 'round town, some of the Pokemon have had strange looks in their eyes, something just didn't seem right. They seem like they want something from you but they just don't know what, it's creepy.

Appearance:

Derek is a boy with blonde hair, a green and white striped jacket with a strange colour green scarf over the top and the same grey trousers everyday which kind of look like school trousers, which is friends hate as they don't like school with a passion.

Personality: Derek has the most amazing sense of humour, it's unbelievable. Nearly whatever he says gets a laugh, it's just in his nature. Being a new trainer, his current hobby is training his pokemon and seeing them grow further and bond closer. The only thing that is really annoying that he will never shut up, he just won't. He's always talking and talking and talking and talking and ... never mind!

Pokemon: Torkoal

Name: Steam

Ability: White Smoke

Moveset: Rapid Spin, Lava Plume, Stealth Rock, Yawn.

Bio: Torkoal, or Steam, was Derek's first Pokemon which hatched from an egg. He got the egg on his last birthday 3 months ago, and he hasn't stopped training it since. It will never evolve, but Derek doesn't care because him and Torkoal are the best of buddies and always will be.

Pokemon: Kirlia

Name: Not yet chosen.

Ability: Synchronize

Moveset: Dream Eater, Hidden Power, Psychic, Shadow Ball.

Bio: Derek only found Kirlia a few weeks ago hiding in a corner in Ilex Forest. She looked injured, so he then rushed over to the nearest Pokemon Centre, and then he planned on releasing her, but she just wouldn't leave here. He kept trying to leave her, but she was just attached to him in a way, so he decided to catch her after long thought.

RP Sample: (A small sample of my work from Hoenn ReBURST)

Spoiler:
Littleroot Town

"Ah, Torchic!" he said. "A bit disobedient at first, but an excellent choice for a trainer like you, James!"

"I know it will be great!" he grinned, and sent Torchic out from her Pokeball. "Hi there, Torchic!"

The Torchic rudely turned her back towards James, and grunted, "Torchic!".

"So ... the hard type to please, eh?" James questioned. "I can cope with that, sure. Sooner or later, we'll get to know each other better! Now, what shall I name you? ... Hmmm."

"Ah! I suggest you travel out onto Route 101 before you name Torchic, just so you'll have an idea of how she acts and her personality."

"Hmm, I suppose that's not a bad idea ... Off to Route 101!" James proudly marched towards the door, but then another boy around his age collided with him. "Oh, sorry ..." they both mumbled. James then flung open the door, the sunlight hurting his eyes a bit.

"Wait! Wait!" the Professor darted back out. "I didn't have time to give you this," he handed him 10 Pokeballs, "and this!" James was handed a small, peculiar looking device.

"What's this?"

"That, is the Pokegear! A High Tech Encyclopedia that will record data about the Pokemon you see and catch, it's a new invention of mine!"

"So ... I'm basically your guinea pig for your invention that might not even work? What if it blows up?"

"Erhm ..." the Professor looked embarassed."I can assure you that it won't blow up, and I suppose you are a kind of Guinea Pig, yes ..."

"Oh, alright, thanks Professor!" and him and his newly acquired Torchic strode towards Route 101.

Route 101

"So then, Torchic, how about a little bit of training against some wild Pokemon? Apparently it's a good way to start your journey, I saw it on a documentary."

Torchic wasn't listening. James thought this wasn't good, the first moments with your starter Pokemon should be happy, not the Pokemon ignoring you. "What's wrong, Torchic?", but James didn't get an answer. He saw the boy who had collided into him earlier fighting a Lotad, but James didn't bother to get his attention as he looked far to concentrated on his battle.

"Well, I might as well have a look at your moves, there's no point if we go into battle and I command you a move that you don't even have ..." he said to himself. "So ... You have Agility, Toxic and Ember, and your Ability is Blaze. Ni-" But James couldn't finish his sentence, because at that very moment a wild Poochyena appeared!

"Holy mother!" James exclaimed, and Torchic gave him a strange look. "Please, please get into battle Torchic, please!"

Torchic looked at James, then at Poochyena, then at James, and then at Poochyena again. She must have been deciding whether or not she should get into battle. To James' suprise, she actually hopped into battle.

"Thankyou, Torchic!" James said, he almost had tears in his eyes. "Ok ... Torchic, use Toxic!" a stream of purple liquid squirted from Torchic's mouth, covering the Poochyena in the purple sludge.

Poochyena didn't look happy.

The Poochyena suddenly sweeped Torchic off her feet with a quick Tackle, and when she managed to get up again, he did it again, and again, and again. Torchic did not look too good. "Torchic, use Agility, run around Poochyena then use Ember!"

She spun around Poochyena, confusing him, and then set his tail alight with Ember. It howled it pain and anger, and bit Torchic's arm, and wouldn't let go, "Shake him off, then hit him with another Ember!", and she did. They both looked exhausted now, but James did what he had to do.

"Go, Pokeball!" he threw the Pokeball through the air, and it closed around Poochyena, and it wibbled, and it wobbled, and ...

Last edited by Icy Burn; November 23rd, 2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Stupid Text Size, Font and Spoilers! o_o
Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Flydro
doobz

@Icy Burn you are accepted! I like the concept of your character being lazy, should be interesting to see how he grows and develops as a trainer. Your sample was great too and much appreciated.

Okay you guys this is coming along nicely! We now have 4 out of 6 people so I'm thinking of starting the RP sometime soon, just gonna get to work on a good first post to start it off. If there are any spots open by the time the main RP thread is posted, then I'll still accept late sign ups.

Looking forward to this, it will be epic :D

*hunting:

Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Icy Burn
Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3

Nature: Jolly
Yes! Thanks, this looks great! :3 I'm looking forward for when the IC is released so I can post away! c:
Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:10 PM
juniebug910
Dragon of Light

I'm looking forward to starting! =D

A question, though. Does Eusine ask them along the way, or does he already know them?

Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:58 PM
Flydro
doobz

Well for now none of our characters personally know Eusine yet, but all the characters will meet him within the first couple posts. Once we all meet him then everything will go from there. Eusine is an important character but his appearances within the RP will be limited so he won't take away from our own characters. I'll post sign ups for important supporting characters as we go through the story, just holding off on that for right now because I don't wanna give out too many spoilers

*hunting:

Old November 23rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
juniebug910
Dragon of Light

Ok. Thanks for the answer. =3

Old November 23rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

I'd like to reserve a spot please, I'll try have my SU up on Sunday because I'll be unavailable tomorrow.

Old November 23rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Flydro
doobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkishDelight View Post
I'd like to reserve a spot please, I'll try have my SU up on Sunday because I'll be unavailable tomorrow.
No prob, if you need some time then that's cool with me. Just post your sign up when you can and I'll review it.

*hunting:

Old November 24th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Detwak
Helooooooooooo Nurse!

Added a RP sample to my character.

Jamez?
Gary?
Dan?

All three are females
Old November 24th, 2012, 08:45 AM
juniebug910
Dragon of Light

Aria is gonna be a violin player. She likes to perform in public, so characters might hear her. She mostly plays a song in the tune to a song widely known to be a tribute to the legendary beasts.

Old November 24th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Flydro
doobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniebug910 View Post
Aria is gonna be a violin player. She likes to perform in public, so characters might hear her. She mostly plays a song in the tune to a song widely known to be a tribute to the legendary beasts.
Liking that idea junie, it actually works well with some scenes that I will be setting up in the roleplay. The song itself can't be too well known though (at least not in Johto), as your character is Hoenn native. But I really like that concept and want you to keep it.

I also have started working on the first post of the IC thread you guys. It will be a minute before I post it because it might be a bit long, and even then we still have to wait for a mod to approve it. But I won't disappoint! :D

*hunting:

Old November 24th, 2012, 09:46 AM
juniebug910
Dragon of Light

It's for Suicune, Entei, and Raikou, so it will be well known in Johto mostly. Aria mostly liked Johto's legends, and learned the song during her travels in that region.

Old November 24th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Flydro
doobz

Hm okay then that works. At first I thought Aria was the sole creator of the tribute song, but now I see you're saying she learned the song while in Johto so that's fine. Nice to have a non-native character so in tune (seriously, no pun intended lol) with the Johto legends.

*hunting:

Old November 24th, 2012, 10:31 AM
juniebug910
Dragon of Light

Really?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to starting. Whatever town/area we start out in is where Aria will be performing.

Old November 24th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Flydro
doobz

Ah well I had already set up something for Aria regarding the tribute song. I'll PM you and we can discuss things to avoid spoilers.

*hunting:

Last edited by Flydro; November 24th, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old November 25th, 2012, 01:46 PM
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

Name:
Aaron Donaldson

Hometown:
Goldenrod city

Bio:
Aaron was born and raised in the hustle and bustle of Johto's busiest and most populated city, also known as Goldenrod city. His father was a nomadic Pokémon trainer and his mother was one of the region’s most famous Pokémon healthcare experts. She, along with a group of her peers, discovered how different berries had different effects on Pokémon. His father competed in each of the five most prestigious Pokémon League tournaments in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. He was approached by Tohjo’s Elite Four to take Agatha’s place upon her departure but he humbly refused, opting to spend time with his family, where his wife had just given birth to their firstborn son, Aaron.

Much was expected from Aaron, his potential was clearly visible from a very young age. Anyone who witness him battle would swear that he was going to become an incredible trainer. A few months before he left on his journey at age 15 (he was late starting because he was a participant in one of Johto’s few extensive battling schools), the national newspaper published an article about him in ‘Johto’s Up and Coming Trainers,’ where all of Johto’s next big things were predicted. This went to his head and before long Aaron had become part of the wrong crowd. He received his first Pokémon, a Bagon, which immediately adopted its owners superior attitude. The last week before he was set to start his adventure, Aaron and his group of friends were caught harassing a young boy in Goldenrod’s Underground.

Aaron’s parents then were outraged at him and kicked him out of their house without any money, food or assets. However, this was just a test as Aaron’s father followed him from afar. Aaron decided to start journeying his home region and began collecting Gym badges from all over. Upon defeating Claire for his 8th badge, Aaron opted to participate in Johto’s Pokémon League, finishing respectfully in the Top 16. He then returned home to a very warm welcome from his parents, one which he wasn’t expecting. His parents told him all of how they only kicked him out to motivate him, and even though he was sceptical at first, Aaron eventually decided to agree with them.

Appearance:

Aaron is a very tall young man, a trait he inherited from his father. He stands at just over 6 foot, and has a very slender build. He is very agile, and escaping dangerous scenarios are just one of his specialties. His blonde hair seems to be out of control, all being brushed forwards, except his fringe which is brushed over to the side. His hair line lies just above his dazzling green eyes, which shine like emeralds. His lips are a naturally pale pink colour, and his nose is very straight angled.

Aaron can usually be seen wearing a burgundy, short sleeved shirt with patterns of very small, white Pidgey imprinted all over it. This shirt is tucked into a pair of faded, skinny denim jeans. His black belt is therefore visible, with a Pokéball symbol serving as the buckle. A pair of burgundy converse, matching his shirt are worn to protect his feet, and are of the low top variety. In colder conditions he also wears an electric-blue coloured, zip up hoodie as well. On his back is a black, one strap backpack containing essentials such as food, money, Pokéballs and Pokéfood.

Personality:

Aaron is an outgoing, confident individual who could even be described as cocky. Whenever an opportunity arises, he will thrust himself in the spotlight. At times, he craves attention and will do anything to achieve it, even putting others down on the way. He enjoys having a laugh with his friends, and can be completely oblivious to the mood surrounding him, for example if everyone is upset he may try and be funny etc.

Aaron can at times be very nice and caring though, however this is more to Pokémon than to humans. He sees Pokémon as superior to humans, and feels privileged to work alongside his own Pokémon. He despises groups who exploit Pokémon/use them as slaves such as Team Rocket, and other similar organisations.

From a young age, Aaron has had an obsession with Pokémon Battling. This is probably a result of watching his father battle when he was a child. He tries to use a similar battling strategy to his father, yet tries to make slight, subtle adjustments to suit his own Pokémon Party. His strongpoint is his predictions and his knowledge of Pokémon’s strengths. However occasionally his confidence gets the better of him and he becomes complacent. This often leads to him losing the battle, such as his elimination in the Johto League, where his opponent was down to one Pokémon while Aaron himself had all three of his available. His opponents Ursaring took down his Shelgon, Scyther and Girafirg.

Pokemon:

Name: Shelgon
Ability: Rockhead
Moveset: Dragon Claw, Crunch, Flamethrower, Protect
Bio: Shelgon was the first Pokémon that Aaron received as his own. It was the offspring of his father's Salamance. As a Bagon it was very much like Aaron, mischievous and cocky, but since it evolved it has matured somewhat. Shelgon and Aaron have always been close, and the Dragon type Pokémon would risk its life for his owner. Shelgon evolved in the battle against Chuck for Aaron's fifth Gym badge.

Name: Swampert
Ability: Torrent
Moveset: Earthquake, Surf, Ice Beam, Return
Bio: Before Aaron left on his voyage around Johto, his mother handed him an egg. Inside this egg lay a Mudkip. From the moment it hatched the Mudkip was always very happy, and was always running around. The Water-Ground type is always hyper and also has a strong bond with Aaron. It evolved into Marshtomp while battling Whitney's Miltank and evolved again while battling Jasmine's Steelix.

Name: Magneton
Ability: Sturdy
Moveset: Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Zap Cannon, Sonicboom
Bio: Aaron's Magneton was caught on Johto's Route 38 as a Magnemite. At first the Electric-Steel type was very shy and timid around Aaron's other Pokémon, but eventually became more and more like itself, and as soon as it became confident it evolved to protect Aaron and the rest of his Pokémon against a group of wild Tauros.

Name: Arcanine
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset: Flamethrower, Extremespeed, Flare Blitz, Endure
Bio: Arcanine was Aaron's pet Growlithe during his time living with his family in Goldenrod. When Aaron returned to Goldenrod to challenge Whitney, Growlithe left Aaron's family home and came and found Aaron himself. He then became a key part of Aaron's team, single handedly taking down Morty and his Ghost types. She evolved when looking through Aaron's bag for food and touching a Fire Stone.

Name: Breloom
Ability: Effect Spore
Moveset: Mach Punch, Swords Dance, Seed Bomb, Sky Uppercut
Bio: Breloom is the latest member to join Aaron's party. The Grass-Fighting type was captured upon Aaron and his fathers visit to Rustboro city in the Hoenn region to visit Aaron's uncle Lucas. While there, Breloom invaded Lucas' farm and began eating all the crops. Roxanne, the local Gym leader, and Aaron went to stop it. After a single Swords Dance, Breloom knocked out Roxanne's Golem and Probopass with a single Seed Bomb and Sky Uppercut respectively. In the end, Aaron's Arcanine took down the Breloom, which was then caught by Aaron

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:
Carlos Fierro
Chapter Three
Part two

'Well, as you can see Carlos, my assistant here is in a wetsuit and oxygen tank,' the Professor began, evoking a chuckle to escape my lips, it wasn't exactly a secret was it? I quickly recovered my composure, as she continued speaking, 'We were planning on exploring the Deep Doors, but I feel too old to be involved in the exploration.'

'The Deep Doors?' I asked out of curiosity. The sun was beginning to emerge from behind the clouds, and the heat felt good on my skin.

'Yes. The Deep Doors are the caves found deep underwater just outside of the city.' She answered, getting a swift nod of understandment in response. 'We were hoping to obtain pictures of the Pokémon that reside down there, rumour has it that there are even a Tirtouga or two down there!' Upon hearing the last point, I became very excited. Tirtouga was supposedly an extinct Pokémon! 'We were hoping you'd be able to keep Joel company while he examines the Pokémon in their natural habitat.'

'Of course Professor, that sounds great!' I exclaimed. The three of us made our way to where Cypress's assistant got her under-water gear, and she rented some out for me. I kitted myself up and we made our way to the sea on the outskirts of the town.

I stared into the clear blue sea, that was seemingly sparkling in the sunlight. 'It's beautiful isn't it,' I said admiringly before pulling on my oxygen mask. Cypress just nodded in response. I launched one of the capsules containing one of my Pokémon into the air, and Corphish emerged. Joel mimicked my actions, releasing a Pokémon I didn't know the species of. 'Wow, your Milotic is astonishing,' the Professor stated, clearing up its species. The assistant and I exchanged a nod before lunging into the ocean that awaited us followed by our Pokémon.

The water was icy cold, the wetsuit I wore did seemingly nothing to repel the cold. I was about to force myself back to the summit of the water, as was what my instinct was telling me to do, but forced it to the back of my mind. Both Joel and I, along with our Pokémon swam deeper and deeper into the wonderful sea, passing many Pokémon on our way, mostly Clamperl and Magikarp, before we arrived at the cave we were looking for.

Before entering, we noticed to glowing red orbs in the darkness. Immediately, I had a bad feeling about them, but Joel and his Milotic began swimming towards the cave, seemingly eager to see what the bright red spheres were. He quickly clicked a picture of the inside of the cave, and as the flash went off my fears were confirmed. In the entrance of the cave lay a torpedo shaped shark, with teeth bared, was growling. It was a Sharpedo! The shark darted for Joel, who froze. In the split second it would have taken for Sharpedo to get to the male, it was intercepted by Corphish, the crab's pincers, closed so it was like a fist, dug into the underbelly of the dark blue Pokémon, that threatened my colleague.

When the shark turned to Corphish, Joel's Milotic fired a Water Pulse at it colliding with its rear sending it into the outer wall of a nearby cave. Our Pokémon shot each other looks of thanks, before preparing for battle. Joel and I exchanged looks of an anxious nature. The shark emerged seconds later and chomped down on the midsection of Milotic, only to receive a full on tackle from Corphish forcing it to release Joel's Pokémon. The Milotic then whipped its body around and lashed the shark across the face with its tail. This was followed up by Corphish slashing down on the sharks face with its pincers. Both Milotic and Corphish ended the battle by sending powerful streams of high pressured water at the Sharpedo and forcing it away. I was very surprised that water type moves would work under water so emphatically!

Old November 25th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Flydro
doobz

@TurkishDelight your signup is pending, only because you have more than three fully evolved pokemon on your character's team. Just edit that and you're in!

I should be finished the starting post by the end of tomorrow everyone. I'll let you guys know when I submit it for approval by the mods.

*hunting:

Old November 26th, 2012, 09:25 AM
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

@Flydro: But I only have three Pokémon which are fully evolved, Magneton evolves into Magnezone and Shelgon evolves into Salamance?

Old November 26th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Flydro
doobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkishDelight View Post
@Flydro: But I only have three Pokémon which are fully evolved, Magneton evolves into Magnezone and Shelgon evolves into Salamance?
Whoops haha.. my bad, completely forgot about Magneton's evolution. All is good now and you're accepted!

*hunting:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links