The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 18th, 2012, 04:38 AM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn

Advertise here
When I owned the games... I was a very haphazard Pokemon trainer. Wanting to beat it, I disliked spending time leveling and otherwise grinding. As a result... all but my starter were thoroughly untrained... My starter actually being "ovetrained" if you will. With maybe another falling a good 5-ish levels short of being "on par." If I didn't supplement my team with the legendary Pokemon... I was pretty much screwed unless I wanted to buy 99 max revives/full restores and do a lot of soft resets until I can claim victory... ;s Yeah. If I played now though, I would not use the legendaries as I would actually be interested in forming a balanced team.
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:08 AM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
As of late, I've been making sure to fill up my team with 6 pokemon before I capture any legendaries, so I won't be tempted to use them. :P It gets old after multiple reruns through the games anyways.
Old November 18th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Frenchy-Arcanine
Fire-anger

Nature: Relaxed
I don't like legendaries because I think they are too powerful, I prefer do the game with a team of 6 "normal" pokémons

SH-card
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:33 PM
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus

I only use my wild pokemon/starter against the Elite Four. When I beat it, I tend to use my legendaries at base level just to see how badly I can screw them up on the 2nd time around. :D
Old November 18th, 2012, 02:40 PM
gossamer

I don't, I use Pokemon I catch and train throughout the game!
Old November 18th, 2012, 03:11 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I have not since my first run of Sapphire. Most of the storyline legendaries are too powerful and make my life too easy. I want a challenge. It's more fun that way.

Credit to whomever drew that Hilda picture. Lemme know if that's you.

~*~ 3DS FC: 3540-0366-4191 ||| Mii name: Andy ||| IGN: Amanda ~*~
Old November 18th, 2012, 04:27 PM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
Never! Never!! NEVER, I say!!! I don't use legendaries. Okay, okay...when I was little and was playin mah Crystal version, I might have used Suicune; I was a fool *puts head down* But other than that...NEVER!!!
Old November 18th, 2012, 06:08 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

Occasionally I use a legendary. I use my Mewtwo to beat the Elite Four while my weaker Pokemon have EXP. Shares, so they can level up quickly.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old November 18th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
NO.

My legendaries are always caught and straight away sent to the PC and are waiting to see the light.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old November 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM
metal64meli
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to metal64meli
Yeah, I have to say I always have at least one legendary in my team, but I never use it because my starter's level is way higher than the E4's pokemon. So technically I never use legendaries to beat the E4.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Forever
let it go

I probably did when I was younger but these days I don't, I just use my Pokemon in-game because legendaries take too much effort to catch anyways. /lazy
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Wow, and here I thought I'd be the only one who didn't use legendaries whenever I could help it. It's nice not to be in the minority on this point. So... yeah. Apart from when I was younger, I really try to avoid using legendaries at any point of the game. And that goes for the E4 as well. To me, they kinda cheapen the game; the effort spent in catching them isn't really worth the value that they'll bring to a team, so I don't bother. It always gives me a perverse sense of glee to make them faint when in the wild! :D
Old November 19th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Mochi

It depends on the game and who's available. I didn't use Genesect in BW2 though, even though I got it. I do have the Latias from the Dreamyard in my team, but I don't really feel like that counts since I'm going through the post-E4 portion of the game.

Other than that, only time I can think of using a starter was Articuno in Red Version, Suicune in Crystal, and Entei, Suicune, and Raikou in Colosseum on the GameCube.
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:31 PM
RockManFan
Unhatched Egg

I'm usually too attached to my team to give one up for a legendary, but I did have a fondness for Articuno in Gen 1.
Old November 20th, 2012, 07:22 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I mainly use the mascot legendaries in Elite 4 battles, but only if I can get them pre-National Dex.

Old November 24th, 2012, 11:47 AM
ahmet476
standing around

I think I've used legendaries once in my team in one of the earlier games. It takes all the fun away. Since then I'm sticking to my meticulously trained pokémon.
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Triston1zn
GYM LEADER

Nature: Calm
It's interesting reading all the replies. One thing is for certain...the majority feel that Legendaries cheapen the experience and prefer to use their starters and pokemon caught in the wild....

Quite noble, and that used to be my standing as well, but I have my moments.....usually when watching the anime or a movie.....somehow it gets me all pumped and I visit the PC and break out the legendaries and clobber the holy hell outta anyone who crosses my path....

LEGENDARIES = STRESS RELIEF TO THE MAX
Old November 24th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Vαηєℓℓσρє
ωнαт ωαѕ, ιѕ, αη∂ ωιℓℓ вє...

Nature: Naughty
I use them out of pure laziness of training a 6th pokemon. Never been too fond of level-grinding, but my team of 5 is always rather brutal by themselves. Just a bonus if I get to add in a legendary.

-Vanellope Von Schweetz-

"Everyone here says that I'm just a mistake"
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I never use legendaries in-game, but I'm not actually sure why haha. I guess it takes away some of the challenge but I don't know, I've never actually used one to find that out with. It just seems like they're more of a collectable than something you should actually use and it's an easy way out if you can't beat the game with a normal team, but that's very unjustified reasoning when I've never actually used one so who knows haha. But no, I never use legendaries because I'm biased against them for reasons I don't know. n.n
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Mononoke Hime
viva emptiness

I almost never use legendaries in my teams. Maybe is because legendaries are IMO made to be wild, so I prefer to let them free.
Suicune is an exception though, because it want me to be it's master.

Kinda deep, but that's it.
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

The last legendary I used was...I don't remember haha. Even when I was little, I didn't even know how to get most of the legendaries, or was to busy catching boxes full of Pokemon to have an available spot. Yeah I'd sooner use a team of Rattatas than a legendary against the E4, which I actually did.

Old November 27th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Triston1zn
GYM LEADER

Nature: Calm
LOL, I guess it comes down to how ''reaL'' the games are to you. the replies that said Legendaries cheapen the game or are made to roam free, really do take the whole thing seriously.....the others who feel theres nothing wrong with using them...treat the game as...well just a game lol

My personal stand point is...it's just a game....I paid for it....for every single thing on that gaming cartridge and by God...I am going to use it lol
Old November 29th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
I almost have never used the main game legendary as of recent. The only exception though was Virizion because I wanted it for my 6th slot.
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:31 AM
SoraTheTruth

Nature: Naive
Well for future Pokemon games I think they're making legendaries obtainable after the elite four like zekrom reshiram black and white kyurem but back in emerald I used rayqauyza and the rest of my team I used for reviving rayquayza, gold silver and soul silver I used ho oh and lugia but they were weaker than the rest of my team
Old November 29th, 2012, 08:53 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
...I guess it would depend on what my best Pokemon are.
I probably would use my Giratina because it's one of my favorite legendary Pokemon (which reminds me that I need to clone mine).

But I generally don't use legendaries, aside from Giratina. I might use my new Groudon sometime, though.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here